Do you prefer bigger updates or smaller, but more frequent ones?

• Larger releases (Current rate of about 1 Chapter per 3 months)

Votes: 1,430 88.3%
  • Smaller, regular updates every 1-1.5 months (Based on in-game days)

Votes: 189 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
I want to enjoy this but I'm struggling with it. Maybe it's my fault for not restarting from the beginning. Renders are great, grammar is fine, (people seem a little wordy at times but that's a pretty minor gripe, and with someone like Julia it actually fits) I just can't seem to be invested in whatever happened.

I like most of the characters so I guess my hang-up is on the plot. I'm probably just being impatient but I expected to at least have some idea of this major event that happened by now. Him being incredibly closed off about it makes sense for his character but I feel it harms the story here because it's not something you just continue reading, you have to wait months for another chapter, remember what choices you've made and what's happened, and then dredge on with the limited knowledge you have. By the time the update hits, my "what happened" desire just isn't there.
Hi!
This is a valid criticism and I appreciate the feedback.
However, I'm not sure if I can give any better advice than "maybe just wait until 4-5 more chapters come out and the present timeline is fully resolved".

I'm trying my best to write an interesting story that should hopefully become more engaging over time, but I can understand why the long wait between episodes can make the constant mystery teasing more annoying than interesting.

Thank you for trying my game regardless.

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
I feel that too.
It was great being with Katy again and filling her up once more, but I couldn't help feeling bad for Julia at the same time. Julia is great and doesn't deserve being cheated on. Yet the relationship with Katy feels special and I can't leave her.
Hi!
Just as an FYI for Kay's path:
If you don't want to cheat, you can turn down Katy in Chapter 4, and you will still be able to reunite with her later on, it will just take longer and you'll miss out on a couple of scenes.

At the same time, if you do decide to sleep with her in this instance, it doesn't mean you'll get a bad ending or anything, so don't think this message is me saying you have to replay the game with a different choice - both paths are viable.

Bnshy

Nov 20, 2021
I missed my favorite girl, Elena on this chapter, but I still enjoyed it.
Second favorite is Fleur.. It was good seeing her.
Will the next chapter focus more on the past or the future?.

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
I missed my favorite girl, Elena on this chapter, but I still enjoyed it.
Second favorite is Fleur.. It was good seeing her.
Will the next chapter focus more on the past or the future?.
Hey!
We're going back to the present/past in the next few chapters and will likely stay there until all the events from that timeline are uncovered.

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
In the past I'm trying to fuck everything. In the present I'm staying 100% faithful to Julia unless she does something foul.
Not how I'm playing it exactly, but I feel you completely on this.

I think he's having cold feet with Julia because he's still hung up on [girl(s) of your choice]. Several of the women in this seem like someone you'd devote yourself to rather than just try to bang once or add to a harem.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I made a new version of the mod that should fix all the problems
Thanks for the effort, but I noticed things missing when using the mod, e.g the new transparency slider is not available anymore. I compared now some rpy files, and there in general seems that changes in old parts made with game v0.4 are not added in the new mod (even sometimes getting points or setting variables). Maybe you check that again.

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
I feel sorry for Juile, she doesn't deserve this, I wish we hadn't been forced to be together.

Elena, Anna is like fire and ice, I'm stuck between these two, it's really hard to choose. They both have completely different personalities and there are things I like about both of them.
I guess there's no way to get both at the same time.I mean, I would probably marry Elena, but there's really not much difference between them.

I don't plan to have anything to do with Katy. Mc and her had so many opportunities to open up to each other during their college years but instead they kept changing their partners.

So there are a total of 5 main LIs in the game.
Juile,Elena,Anna,Katy and her sister

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
I want to enjoy this but I'm struggling with it. Maybe it's my fault for not restarting from the beginning. Renders are great, grammar is fine, (people seem a little wordy at times but that's a pretty minor gripe, and with someone like Julia it actually fits) I just can't seem to be invested in whatever happened.

I like most of the characters so I guess my hang-up is on the plot. I'm probably just being impatient but I expected to at least have some idea of this major event that happened by now. Him being incredibly closed off about it makes sense for his character but I feel it harms the story here because it's not something you just continue reading, you have to wait months for another chapter, remember what choices you've made and what's happened, and then dredge on with the limited knowledge you have. By the time the update hits, my "what happened" desire just isn't there.
Personally I'm really enjoying being in the dark about what happened in the past. It adds a certain tension to the story, as you're getting to know the girls and growing closer to them, all the while knowing that it all falls apart somehow. I want to know what happened, but based on what I've seen so far, I have a lot of confidence in the dev's storytelling judgement over when to reveal it.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
This is probably do to the past stuff not getting emotional or dark yet but man going from the past to present time you really start to feel some of the emotional rollercoaster this game is going to offer in future updates. As we only seen happier times mostly in the past then going to the present seeing
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Captain Crystallo

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
This game is going to ruin me.
I so want to stay loyal to Jules, but Elena...oh Elena...
Saying no to Micaela and Katy (this one hurt a lot) felt sad, but how the hell can I say no to Elena...

Man, this VN is great, surprised it's not more popular. Girls are hot, story is good, renders are good, everything is great.

I will say though, hurting Jules also seems to be a dick move. There really needs to be a proper way to stay friend with her and reject her at the same time. So far all options seem to be either Positive through sex or Negative, nothing friendly.
It will be much less fun to run 2nd save if the only option is to be a dick towards her.

Reactions: Glooskabe

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
This game is going to ruin me.
I so want to stay loyal to Jules, but Elena...oh Elena...
Saying no to Micaela and Katy (this one hurt a lot) felt sad, but how the hell can I say no to Elena...

Man, this VN is great, surprised it's not more popular. Girls are hot, story is good, renders are good, everything is great.

I will say though, hurting Jules also seems to be a dick move. There really needs to be a proper way to stay friend with her and reject her at the same time. So far all options seem to be either Positive through sex or Negative, nothing friendly.
It will be much less fun to run 2nd save if the only option is to be a dick towards her.
Honestly this is one of those games I have a hard time deciding on a LI . While Elena is going to be probably my #1 pick, I like Anna, Micaela , Lara alot as well. Only ones I'm not into is Katy but feels like a dick rejecting here. Then there is your Julia gonna suck breaking her heart because of all the chapters in the past makes it hard for me to want to pick her as of now.

Harlaw

Sep 21, 2019
Remember that the story begins with the MC wondering whether he should propose to her or not. So, if you choose to not pursue her, it's because the MC is having second thoughts. You can still be polite towards her, but being just friends with someone you've been in a relationship for 3 years wouldn't really work.

It sucks though, because she is built up to be this really good person who pretty much pulled the MC out of the abyss, and you'd want her to have a good ending when it's all said and done. But then there are all these other girls....

I guess the best that can happen for her, other than happily ever after, is a scenario where the MC doesn't cheat on her and then they amicably part ways.

4.40 star(s) 28 Votes