4.20 star(s) 40 Votes

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
You guys should read my latest patreon post and check out the poll. It's a long read but please do. If you have questions, just reply and ask or PM me! Thank you @Darth_Meow_504 for making me think about this.
It sounds like you would like your own work much better if you did the rewrite. That would be a good thing. It is much more difficult to work on a project if you are not 100% into how it is turning out. Also IMO, much more likely to get completed.

I am up for seeing it rewritten personally. I'll happily wait for it. Whatever you decide.

HOWEVER! If you do a rewrite, you must call it "Serenity: The Second Draft"

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
LOL seriously though... After all was said and done, I still may do a rewrite later - Serenity: Alternate Dream

Getting the feedback that I did was an eye opener for sure. I didn't realize how many people would feel that strongly about it, and half/half on each side of the fence. The incest question is funny at this point. It's so well known by my followers now that if someone posts in this thread asking for incest, I rarely need to answer them because someone else will LMAO.

Anyway, back to work on Last Human update. ;)

Reactions: Knead6 and pgm_01

Horst82

Aug 20, 2019
Maybe a thought - you could do a SFW Version of Serenity Part 1 as a Visual Novel and publish it on Steam and other platforms. You might save some work to not have to render naughty scenes and could rewrite the story to match a Visual Novel style. With that you'd have two Storyversions of the game and with the SFW Version you could profit even a bit from publishing it.
The story itself is intriguing enough to keep people entertained if you do that right. Maybe you could even do that with the existing assets. (and yes.. I know the premise of "upgrading" your girls "with the seed") might be a bit tough to rewrite and show into a SFW version...

Nevertheless - thanks for your work.

Reactions: damnedfrog

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Maybe a thought - you could do a SFW Version of Serenity Part 1 as a Visual Novel and publish it on Steam and other platforms. You might save some work to not have to render naughty scenes and could rewrite the story to match a Visual Novel style. With that you'd have two Storyversions of the game and with the SFW Version you could profit even a bit from publishing it.
The story itself is intriguing enough to keep people entertained if you do that right. Maybe you could even do that with the existing assets. (and yes.. I know the premise of "upgrading" your girls "with the seed") might be a bit tough to rewrite and show into a SFW version...

Nevertheless - thanks for your work.
Since I am using HS2 for graphics, it will never be on Steam due to licensing issues. Steam wouldn't even accept it if I tried (others have already been down that road). Adult AVN's you find on Steam aren't using Illusion software (Honey Select, Honey Select 2, or AI). The large majority of them are DAZ.

With that said, SFW just wouldn't really work in the world of Serenity since the whole thing is based on sexual magic (magic jizz anyone?). I mean, sure I could make a cleaner version that doesn't show like X-rated stuff (dick in pussy, etc., etc...) but more "tits 'n ass". But that still wouldn't be SFW since that means it would be something you could openly view on the computer at your job (it would literally have to do away with all the sexy bits completely).
So no, Serenity wouldn't work as an SFW. And I wouldn't have as much fun making that if I'm honest. And I don't mind the extra time spent making those steamy scenes and animations. Granted, I'm not as good with animations yet as some of the veteran devs out there, but I'm working on it.

starkj

May 17, 2022
So, is there gonna be a rewrite or should i just start playing the game now as is?

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Does any one no when the next update well be
It will be a while. I'm working on my next Last Human update right now, which hopefully will be released before or by the end of this month. And then I'll work on SerenityC2 (episode 3).

So, is there gonna be a rewrite or should i just start playing the game now as is?
I want to do some rewrites for certain parts, especially the beginning and first few 'days' in the story. There's a lot of dumb things I did that I want to go back and fix. Not to mention a lot of graphics still need to be redone/upgraded. But it could be quite a while before I do that since I am also working on Last Human. Play it now, ignore some of the stupid writing during the first week of the story (it does improve, at least according to feedback I've received). The rewrite won't drastically change the story. Just some silly stuff like Trina being all over you at the beginning. Once you get past around day 6 or 7, its a bit better.

Maybe a few others will reply with similar thoughts on that.

starkj

May 17, 2022
It will be a while. I'm working on my next Last Human update right now, which hopefully will be released before or by the end of this month. And then I'll work on SerenityC2 (episode 3).

I want to do some rewrites for certain parts, especially the beginning and first few 'days' in the story. There's a lot of dumb things I did that I want to go back and fix. Not to mention a lot of graphics still need to be redone/upgraded. But it could be quite a while before I do that since I am also working on Last Human. Play it now, ignore some of the stupid writing during the first week of the story (it does improve, at least according to feedback I've received). The rewrite won't drastically change the story. Just some silly stuff like Trina being all over you at the beginning. Once you get past around day 6 or 7, its a bit better.

Maybe a few others will reply with similar thoughts on that.
Thanks for the answer, i dont mind waiting if the next update makes the game better, i added the game to my bookmarks.

Reactions: N2TheFire

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
The first devlog for Serenity Chapter 2 (Episode 3) is up. You can view it on any of my sites:

Patreon:
SubscribeStar:
itch:

s_special_cammie_01(sfw1920).png

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Don't let the people who are way too oversensitive about NTR prevent you from allowing any character no matter how minor from having another relationship --especially when that relationship is lesbian and willing to play with MC from time to time. L living breathing world means characters who have their own lives too, not just the core who are devoted to MC. Right now you have a King and his court and no citizens! The world feels simultaneously bloated and empty as a result of your unwillingness to tier characters in order of importance and put some down the list outside the MC's core circle.
You do realise... that having that, makes it not harem right? Like harem is LIs exclusive to ONLY MC... if the LIs are involved with eachother or other women... then it is poly/sharing, not harem. (just that the sharing is only with women).

And that just is an excuse to have that content.... Cause well, living breathing real world... Dudes that are high value enough don't have their women being involved with other women, cause they don't share. So guess your MC isn't that high value. (this doesn't include MFF threesomes btw, talking about them being in an actual relationship besides MC).

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Let's please avoid getting into a pointless NTR debate in here. There are plenty of other threads around here for that kind of stuff. Instead, let's stick to the topic of the thread - Serenity, and keep it peaceful. Not saying you guys are getting ugly or anything, I just like to prevent it getting that way in here. Just agree that we all have our own views/tastes/preferences about things and Serenity will not always agree with everyone. I made Serenity what it is, and I am okay that not everyone will like everything about it. So, it should be okay with you too.

Let's enjoy the weekend my friends... peace! :)

4.20 star(s) 40 Votes