Thrill Flares

Feb 1, 2020
It's not a case of understanding the character or not, it's the repetition in what he keeps saying and his internal monologue that's getting a bit much.

Since Becca has started the whole flirt thing a few updates ago and even before then with his thoughts on Abs, every single internal monologue and thought process has been the same thing over and over and over and over again.

I like the characters and everything else but i've had to skip so much mundane "no I can't do that" and "she is crazy, that will never happen".

They can have him take many more updates for something to happen but the dialogue needs to switch up.

The MC either needs to start moving forward or shift focus to something else for a while like Abs and he biological dad. This whole internal struggle he's got needs to take a break for the sake of people reading, it won't be long until those that aren't bothered by it start getting bored of it.

I'm not wanting him to dive cock first into all the girls I just want the dialogue to switch up and focus on other things. We know he's struggling, we don't need to constantly read about it.

I understand your point, but it seems people expect major growth in his character. His internal struggle is a part of the story. He is slowly being "corrupted," slowly accepting what HE WANTS. His internal struggle has to do with HIS CHARACTER. So yeah it does have to do with understanding or not understanding the character. People (including me) want more growth from the character, but the developer wants it to be a slow process. Unless the devloper changes his/her mind then we just gotta accept the slow character development on his part

Thrill Flares

Feb 1, 2020
I get it that the MC has a conscience but this inner monologue and him trying to suppress his urges/feelings is beyond annoying at this point, i feel like after all that he's been through, any man would just give in and go full caveman brain on the girls. Of course he knows it is wrong but he is feeling this way already, now he is just lying to himself to try not to act on his thoughts. Right now i'm just waiting for the moment he embraces his feelings and just go for it, it better be sooner rather than later haha.
Any man would? Really? Do you really think all men have the same brain? The way each person thinks is different from the next. If you stopped thinking about HOW YOU WOULD react to such situation try to figure the character that the DEVELOPER CREATED!!! Not every man's brain works as you think. That's actually stereotyping all men. LOL

Reactions: Maviarab

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Lilith is the type of girl that needs to push and push and push just to see if you'll stay where you are. And MC has. He's not going anywhere. She gets that now and her walls are going to fall very quickly. "Dad isn't going anywhere so it's safe to love him." She sees his reluctance to go along with Becca's plans, and that makes him even safer. He's NOT a perv. He's just in love with her.
But you are forgetting how much of a Hypocrite Lilly is. Who is the actuall perv in the game the MC who is fighting it every step of the way even though Becca is shoving it down his throat or Lilly who has sex with her own sister for years?

Thrill Flares

Feb 1, 2020
People really do not understand the characters. Very few understand that the type of character the MC is that of something who isn't a saint but does not have a nature that allows him to change his view on ANY OF THE GIRLS IN HIS LIFE SO EASILY. See the dumbest part of the story is him dating a girl that would always fight with a girl that is his best friend and then she leaves him just cause she moves away WITH NO FOREWARNING. And who picks him up again? His best friend Jess. Who he only marries AFTER she comes home from college after getting knocked up by a bastard BF. Then later gets accused of (I believe) of beating the girls. EVEN THOUGH HE HAD ONLY BEEN A LOVING FATHER!!! Like someone else says he IS AFRAID that if he gives in and is wrong he would be a bad Father even though only one of them is his daughter by law alone and the other not related to him in any fashion except being his ex step daughters. When comes to Becca she has Daddy issues. Her dad left them, but still holding onto hope that he will return. She was always afraid and believed Frank would just leave them. Even after divorce he still did not leave them. Which is slowly breaking her defenses and that she built up to protect herself. THIS is what the the story shows of THEIR characters. People's complaining comes from them thinking they know better than the developer about the character the developer has created. Which is odd since they have no say in the characters. LOL

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I understand your point, but it seems people expect major growth in his character. His internal struggle is a part of the story. He is slowly being "corrupted," slowly accepting what HE WANTS. His internal struggle has to do with HIS CHARACTER. So yeah it does have to do with understanding or not understanding the character. People (including me) want more growth from the character, but the developer wants it to be a slow process. Unless the devloper changes his/her mind then we just gotta accept the slow character development on his part
You didn't understand my comment at all.

I'm not bothered about the slow build, they can wait 40 more updates before having sex I don't care.

It's not just me either, other people are bored of his repetitive internal monologues. THAT is all we are talking about. He repeats the same shit over and over and over and over for the past 5 or so updates it's getting boring to read.

The dev needs to switch up the dialogue, have an update or 2 focus on another part of the story because I can't stand another update of "this is so wrong", "I can't do that", "she must be insane, that would never happen" .... it's constant, it's repetitive and it's getting too much.

The slow build is fine but i'm bored of reading his internal dilemma because it doesn't change.

The dialogue and monologues can't keep covering the same ground update after update.

Have an update focus on Abigail's real dad, have a sisters outing, have the MC take Mei out for the day something, damn near anything to stop that mind numbing repetitive monologue for at least 1 update.

People really do not understand the characters.
You really don't understand the issue people have.

IT's nothing to do with the characters.

Thrill Flares

Feb 1, 2020
You didn't understand my comment at all.

I'm not bothered about the slow build, they can wait 40 more updates before having sex I don't care.

It's not just me either, other people are bored of his repetitive internal monologues. THAT is all we are talking about. He repeats the same shit over and over and over and over for the past 5 or so updates it's getting boring to read.

The dev needs to switch up the dialogue, have an update or 2 focus on another part of the story because I can't stand another update of "this is so wrong", "I can't do that", "she must be insane, that would never happen" .... it's constant, it's repetitive and it's getting too much.

The slow build is fine but i'm bored of reading his internal dilemma because it doesn't change.

The dialogue and monologues can't keep covering the same ground update after update.

Have an update focus on Abigail's real dad, have a sisters outing, have the MC take Mei out for the day something, damn near anything to stop that mind numbing repetitive monologue for at least 1 update.
No I do understand your point, BUT YOU ARGUMENT IS A COMPLAINT ON HIS CHARACTER. The repetitive nature of his thoughts is APART OF HIS CHARACTER.YES, it is annoying, BUT THAT HIS CHARACTER!!!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
No I do understand your point, BUT YOU ARGUMENT IS A COMPLAINT ON HIS CHARACTER. The repetitive nature of his thoughts is APART OF HIS CHARACTER.YES, it is annoying, BUT THAT HIS CHARACTER!!!
No, it's a complaint on the dialogue.

I don't want his character to change I want a change in the dialogue.

I give up, pointless talking to you, you don't get it at all.

Thrill Flares

Feb 1, 2020

No its pointless to talk to you. "complaint on the dialogue" is a complaint on a characters thoughts. Which is a complaint on the character. Aparently you think his thought no matter have repetitive do not reflect him and HIS STRUGGLE. This is why i don't like talking to people about things. They get stuck on there on opinions and never understand what i am actually typing. I do even know how many times i have to type to and explain the same thing just a bit differently until people understand what I am actually typing and quit telling I don't get what hey are saying when I typed their complaint in my reply. Sorry rambling. just tired of the same old.

Qubie

Jun 14, 2020
Dialogue with Becca was painfully boring, and MC's lines are cringe at best. Oh well, it was a damn fine game sometimes.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Really not getting it are you....

This.

No its pointless to talk to you. "complaint on the dialogue" is a complaint on a characters thoughts. Which is a complaint on the character. Aparently you think his thought no matter have repetitive do not reflect him and HIS STRUGGLE. This is why i don't like talking to people about things. They get stuck on there on opinions and never understand what i am actually typing. I do even know how many times i have to type to and explain the same thing just a bit differently until people understand what I am actually typing and quit telling I don't get what hey are saying when I typed their complaint in my reply. Sorry rambling. just tired of the same old.
STILL not getting it ARE YOU (sorry...I know you have a faulty caps lock button...just wanted to make you feel more at home).

No one gives a shit about his character. We understand fully his character. We understand fully why he is like he is (and that's refreshing in this type of game)...we JUST DON'T NEED TO FUCKING HEAR/READ IT every fifth render (oops sorry...seems mine is playing up now too).

Comprende?

kagey-bee

Mar 25, 2018
Well, if a character that is meant to be sympathized with (and he obviously is - the whole story is about making you feel for this poor man) only annoys you and sounds cringy af each time he opens his mouth, it is a badly written character.
He literally asks Abs `What was that for?` when she kisses him. With a purely `daughterly` kiss! What kind of `loving father` is that? What`s that behavior came from? Do they know each other for a week or what? `Modest man`is not equal to`shy dork in the girls school`. He doesn`l look or act as a grown-ass man at all. That`s what our complaint is about.

Last edited:

fujiwaranovan

Dec 3, 2018
Its you who dont understand bro, you're so funny lol , Avaron1974 say is clear ,

I too feel tired about that dialogue

Reactions: Pmktrn17
Apr 29, 2018
Man, this was shaping up to be my favorite game a few months back. I love the three girls but I just hate MC. The guy claims to want to avoid getting romantically involved with the girls but makes no real effort to stop them from playing their games. He's either such a hypocrite the game doesn't even know it or completely spineless. At this point, especially with a certain development in this update, a lot of the tension is gone. Either pursue the girls or don't. Some people like humiliation or whatever, but MC being a character with zero agency and the insecurity of a middle schooler when it comes to sexual attraction doesn't do it for me

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes