ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
wow..moving further away from Starship Troopers and closer to 1933-1945 with the font and eagle there buddy :p i dont wanna be interogated...

• Haha
Reactions: RanliLabz

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Well, considering the date and Space Corps being spelled with a K, I'm not sure whether Ranlilabz is just messing with us or not... Though on the other hand I did get the feeling that the upcoming interrogation shall be... slightly Gestapo-like? Well Gestapo-like if Gestapo had a thing for leather and whips, that is. Oh, wait... :p

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
wow..moving further away from Starship Troopers and closer to 1933-1945 with the font and eagle there buddy :p i dont wanna be interogated...
Yeah you do... :LOL: Time to meet Division 9
Well, Starship Troopers (the book) was accused of glorifying war and the army. So was the movie at first too.
The book certainly glorified war - though not without caveat. Heinlein's politics strikes me as a deeply unusual blend of libertarianism and crypto-fascism and progressivism. Not my cup of tea, but extremely interesting nonetheless (after all, the whole point of sci-fi is to explore what might be!) The movie seemed to go over so many people's heads (the critics, anyway)… shocked they could have watched it without realising it was a parody!
I think this is mostly subconscious effect of RanLi Berliner background :cool:
When you find yourself typing into google - 'which font did the Nazi's use' :eek:
Well, considering the date and Space Corps being spelled with a K, I'm not sure whether Ranlilabz is just messing with us or not... Though on the other hand I did get the feeling that the upcoming interrogation shall be... slightly Gestapo-like? Well Gestapo-like if Gestapo had a thing for leather and whips, that is. Oh, wait... :p
;) SpaceKorps über alles!

Nov 9, 2017
Yeah you do... :LOL: Time to meet Division 9

The book certainly glorified war - though not without caveat. Heinlein's politics strikes me as a deeply unusual blend of libertarianism and crypto-fascism and progressivism. Not my cup of tea, but extremely interesting nonetheless (after all, the whole point of sci-fi is to explore what might be!) The movie seemed to go over so many people's heads (the critics, anyway)… shocked they could have watched it without realising it was a parody!

When you find yourself typing into google - 'which font did the Nazi's use' :eek:

;) SpaceKorps über alles!
The movie was crap though. Never read the book but from what I've heard they whitewashed a lot of characters. It's a shame too coming from the same guy who did Robocop

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
The movie was crap though. Never read the book but from what I've heard they whitewashed a lot of characters. It's a shame too coming from the same guy who did Robocop
It's worth a read if you're into reading SF at all. Father of the space marine and all that.
The interesting bit is that the answer to that isn't as obvious as one would think.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
I actually really liked the movie - it was an incredibly brave artistic choice that sadly backfired. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see a version that's faithful to the book, but Verhoeven really captured the essence of Ken-and-Barbie sanitised fascism in a way that rings disturbingly true despite the camp pastiche.
The interesting bit is that the answer to that isn't as obvious as one would think.
Yup - I was expecting something with Gothic in the name - not Fraktur!

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Yup - I was expecting something with Gothic in the name - not Fraktur!
Weirder than that. While Fraktur is the font you'd usually associate with them, it was phased out halfway through in favour of Antiqua for a bizarre mix of practical reasons, megalomaniac ambitions and very on-brand justifications.

Jurandirr

Dec 4, 2018
This is an awesome game, unexpected good and i love how there is so much different options, i mean, i was kind of bored with "normal" girls, and i enjoy a lot the alien girls(especially the "cat" one), even the IA, and i hope to see more of this content in the future

• Love

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
This is an awesome game, unexpected good and i love how there is so much different options, i mean, i was kind of bored with "normal" girls, and i enjoy a lot the alien girls(especially the "cat" one), even the IA, and i hope to see more of this content in the future
Thanks Jurandirr :D Much appreciated! Lol - I reckon this is the game for those who've gotten tired of the normal ;) Plenty more aliens to come - including more krathi :p
Weirder than that. While Fraktur is the font you'd usually associate with them, it was phased out halfway through in favour of Antiqua for a bizarre mix of practical reasons, megalomaniac ambitions and very on-brand justifications.
They were obsessed with branding. I mean - Hugo Boss uniforms, ffs :LOL:

Reactions: Jurandirr

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Thanks Jurandirr :D Much appreciated! Lol - I reckon this is the game for those who've gotten tired of the normal ;) Plenty more aliens to come - including more krathi :p

They were obsessed with branding. I mean - Hugo Boss uniforms, ffs :LOL:
Meanwhile,

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes