Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
I have a little problem , when I press CTRL it skip text that I haven't seen yet
and the option in preference change nothing

Reactions: RanliLabz

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
SpaceCorps XXX [v0.3.1] Kompressed

lossy compression was used, so the image quality is slightly worse than the original
Tools: Cruncher v0.4.1 by F95Zone@bas

PC/MAC (1.21 GB): - - MEGA - -

The compressed version seems to be broken. Any chance of a fixed download?

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
I have a little problem , when I press CTRL it skip text that I haven't seen yet
and the option in preference change nothing
Odd. I've been testing it out, and have found the same thing even when I delete the log. Afraid I don't know the answer - hopefully someone in the thread who's a bit more tech savvy will be able to answer!
I think for a game that big and ambitious , having a way to just DL the updated files and replace the old one would be nice
to not have to DL 2.60 Go each time there is a little update
I know 2.60Go is not big , but some people still don't have fiber ...

( only problem , this could cause some issue if you miss a update and try to install the next one )

or why not a update tool directly in the game , I don't know if it"s possible with renpy , but I know it possible to create a program who will check the game files , check the available one from the creators , and download the new one and install them where they should be
Many problems with compression. The main one is that this is a big game... The uncompressed version is currently 17.1GB - which I've been able to reduce to 2.6GB using Bas' Cruncher - and further attempts to reduce it have been problematic. On the 0.2.9 Rydick update I attempted to side-step the large download by releasing it as a patch (a test on my long -suffering patrons) - but it was a disaster, and almost no-one was able to play the game until I released a normal version.

Hopefully -Hex- or another compressor will be able to make a compressed version without the transparency issues we saw in the last one... in the past they've proved better at reducing the file size a little more. However, it will only be with the launch of Phase 2 in a few months time that monthly downloads will be 'reset' to smaller sizes.

On the update tool - that's waaay beyond my coding abilities (which are minimal). If anyone has an example of one, I would happy to look into it, tho :)

Reactions: Nayko93

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
This is jumping the gun a bit since there's another update left for phase 1, but I'm already looking forward to phase 2!
Me too! (Not to all the remaining coding for it though... it’s much more complex! :eek:)

Reactions: wordone

Gerogebob

Nov 25, 2017
So is there some way to change the ex-roomate to like a cousin or something.
I thought it would be the patreon codes but that did not seem to be it.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Ex-roomate? Are you sure this comment relates to this game?

The patreon codes unlock flashback scenes, they in no way change the relationship between characters. There is one character who may or may not be related to the MC; that is determined by the person playing the game.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Hey gcesp - yes! The first time you encounter Cis (when she appears in the hangarbay after the wrestling scene with Sarge) you‘re asked what her name is and what your relationship is to her. The default is ex-roomie (for Patreon reasons) but you can enter anything you like. There is some clever coding (I got someone to help me :LOL:) that adapts if you give certain responses. You can’t change it after that Point though - even by going into the code :)

Reactions: L30 and Dreadder

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Hey gcesp - yes! The first time you encounter Cis (when she appears in the hangarbay after the wrestling scene with Sarge) you‘re asked what her name is and what your relationship is to her. The default is ex-roomie (for Patreon reasons) but you can enter anything you like. There is some clever coding (I got someone to help me :LOL:) that adapts if you give certain responses. You can’t change it after that Point though - even by going into the code :)
Huh, I didn't know the game actually adapts to your choice, I always thought it just treats it as an ordinary string. That's pretty sweet.

I do wonder which choices are covered. I mean, I can guess a few of them but I'm still curious. :)

Gerogebob

Nov 25, 2017
Hey,
Thanks for responding. But I had a suspicion that it might be like that. So I beforehand went through the choices and I am pretty sure I made it so that my character was hard into incest to see if that would change anything. Maybe it is locked on from my first run? Cause I am pretty sure on my first run I said no to one of the first incest choices.
You know where the save files are located? Or something I can clean to reset all of my choices?

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Huh, I didn't know the game actually adapts to your choice, I always thought it just treats it as an ordinary string. That's pretty sweet.

I do wonder which choices are covered. I mean, I can guess a few of them but I'm still curious. :)
A couple variations of (step-)sister, cousin or aunt it also recognizes 'friend' without prompting for what that makes you but that doesn't really have an effect otherwise.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018

I'm quite pleased with it! It covers sis, sister, stepsister, step-sister, cousin, aunt, aunty (which all generate the corresponding bro, brother, etc. for MC). I also have friend and ex-roomate as alternates that don't trigger the 'taboo' parts of the dialogue.
Hey,
Thanks for responding. But I had a suspicion that it might be like that. So I beforehand went through the choices and I am pretty sure I made it so that my character was hard into incest to see if that would change anything. Maybe it is locked on from my first run? Cause I am pretty sure on my first run I said no to one of the first incest choices.
You know where the save files are located? Or something I can clean to reset all of my choices?
You're pretty much stuck with any choices you've made so far ;) (although most things have chances to change throughout). For upcoming Phase 2, you're going to be given the option to enable/disable any of your current kinks and characters - but I'm afraid that won't be possible for Cis's relationship!

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
I'm quite pleased with it! It covers sis, sister, stepsister, step-sister, cousin, aunt, aunty (which all generate the corresponding bro, brother, etc. for MC). I also have friend and ex-roomate as alternates that don't trigger the 'taboo' parts of the dialogue.
It would be interesting to see the distribution of people's choices. If I'd have to take a wager though, I'd say that the vast majority picked sister, considering how popular that kind of incest is.

I'm not a fan of incest myself but on the other hand it wouldn't make much sense for Cis to be unrelated to MC storywise, so I went with cousin - I guess you could call it "incest lite" choice. :LOL: Besides, it seemed appropriate to have a "kissing cousin", considering that the MC is a country bumpkin from a backwater planet. :LOL:

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
It would be interesting to see the distribution of people's choices. If I'd have to take a wager though, I'd say that the vast majority picked sister, considering how popular that kind of incest is.

I'm not a fan of incest myself but on the other hand it wouldn't make much sense for Cis to be unrelated to MC storywise, so I went with cousin - I guess you could call it "incest lite" choice. :LOL: Besides, it seemed appropriate to have a "kissing cousin", considering that the MC is a country bumpkin from a backwater planet. :LOL:
What does that make the cousin on the computer then? Her cousin? His cousin? Both?

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018

I'm betting most picked one of the sis options (and I kinda led them there). Cousin works perfectly well for the plot, tho!
What does that make the cousin on the computer then? Her cousin? His cousin? Both?
He's both their cousins, whether they're related or not. I shall use Dreadder's reasoning ;)
What are you all talking about? Cis is Jimmi's tutor, he's her protege, and there's no subtext to their relationship whatsoever.
... And that's what I'm sticking to!
Not a bad way of making it still a bit inappropriate, but without the family things. God knows what the dialogue looks like to renegades who picked stuff like gardener or chartered accountant :ROFLMAO: - let alone anyone who chose something like fuckbuddy or dreamgirl ("I can't think about my fuckbuddy like that!" :ROFLMAO:)

dond1

Jul 29, 2019
I think this game is one of the hidden gems on this site. I would place it on my top 5 list with Being a dik and summertime saga.

All the starship trooper vibe and music is also very welcome. I really liked all the kinks being listed on the menu, simple thing but good idea.

one suggestion tho, if its supposed to be scifi game, whats the deal with the fantasy elements and demons? I feel like that is unnecessary distraction from the main story. If the game is about banging alien chicks, you could just make aliens that remind of succubus or something.

Anyway keep up the good work, love the game.

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes