RPGM Abandoned Special Request [v0.7] [Nemiegs]

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes

Pollux

Jan 4, 2018

Dear supporters!
Today I published v0.6 for the first tiers, so the countdown has started.
Next 2 weeks I will not be rendering the next update. Instead, I am decided to solve more global issues with the project. Especially because the v0.7 will be the 1st-anniversary update.
I must optimize my story a bit. The main story is prewritten and I will not change it. However, I must do something with the side narratives. I accidentally started to create my scenes much longer than earlier and I enjoy it. The problem is that it of course takes a much longer time. And if I stay with the side stories (like Ritvar bad/good or Beatrice/Adolf) as they are now, I am always short of time. And releases are very rushed to match my set deadlines. I hate that and I want it to stop. Also starting from the next update there will be more daily events in the main story. In v0.6 I already started to merge both accounts of Ritvar. In the future, the boy will have 1 scene per week instead of 2. I have not decided on the fate of Beatrice/Adolf. In the beginning, I intended to do the same as with Ritvar. However, I have a few very good ideas that I would like to implement for the Beatrices line. I am not so sure about that anymore.
One more thing to consider. I try to portray Laura as a quite stylish girl. Ther outfits change every day. That's kind of nice. But... This prevents me from short accidental scenes here and there because I can not predict which outfit she will have when the player triggers the event. In this case, I would have to render the same scene for every single in-game day. If she would have one outfit per update instead of a day, then it would be much more possible. I would need to re-render the scene just once per update. So, expect a poll on this subject.
And the last but not least for today - sidequests. They are not written, I just improvise. I would like my supporters to suggest them. In fact, in the very beginning 20$ tier had this benefit - "I will implement your requested sidequest". But I got scared :) What if there will be too many requests per update? I have to treat them equally. How would I decide which ones to include? Also, what if the request would be for example Laura making love with 78 alligators? This does not suit the story well. As you see, I have some doubts. I will work on this issue during the next two weeks as well. There will be dedicated posts on this subject soon. I will ask you to leave your opinions. Probably some poll as well. By the way - thank you very much for commenting on the previous posts. I got some ideas from there.
OK. That's enough. I had a few coding nights in a row. I will go to sleep soon.
Thank you for your support!
Regards,
Nemiegs.

Latex224

Engaged Member
Mar 28, 2019

Dear supporters!
Today I published v0.6 for the first tiers, so the countdown has started.
Next 2 weeks I will not be rendering the next update. Instead, I am decided to solve more global issues with the project. Especially because the v0.7 will be the 1st-anniversary update.
I must optimize my story a bit. The main story is prewritten and I will not change it. However, I must do something with the side narratives. I accidentally started to create my scenes much longer than earlier and I enjoy it. The problem is that it of course takes a much longer time. And if I stay with the side stories (like Ritvar bad/good or Beatrice/Adolf) as they are now, I am always short of time. And releases are very rushed to match my set deadlines. I hate that and I want it to stop. Also starting from the next update there will be more daily events in the main story. In v0.6 I already started to merge both accounts of Ritvar. In the future, the boy will have 1 scene per week instead of 2. I have not decided on the fate of Beatrice/Adolf. In the beginning, I intended to do the same as with Ritvar. However, I have a few very good ideas that I would like to implement for the Beatrices line. I am not so sure about that anymore.
One more thing to consider. I try to portray Laura as a quite stylish girl. Ther outfits change every day. That's kind of nice. But... This prevents me from short accidental scenes here and there because I can not predict which outfit she will have when the player triggers the event. In this case, I would have to render the same scene for every single in-game day. If she would have one outfit per update instead of a day, then it would be much more possible. I would need to re-render the scene just once per update. So, expect a poll on this subject.
And the last but not least for today - sidequests. They are not written, I just improvise. I would like my supporters to suggest them. In fact, in the very beginning 20$ tier had this benefit - "I will implement your requested sidequest". But I got scared :) What if there will be too many requests per update? I have to treat them equally. How would I decide which ones to include? Also, what if the request would be for example Laura making love with 78 alligators? This does not suit the story well. As you see, I have some doubts. I will work on this issue during the next two weeks as well. There will be dedicated posts on this subject soon. I will ask you to leave your opinions. Probably some poll as well. By the way - thank you very much for commenting on the previous posts. I got some ideas from there.
OK. That's enough. I had a few coding nights in a row. I will go to sleep soon.
Regards,
Nemiegs.
Thanks 4 the share. :) (y)

Reactions: Pollux

diegao

Nov 27, 2018
The only bad thing about this game for me that i'd have to start the game from the beginning in the last update

Pollux

Jan 4, 2018

Dear, Patrons!

I have a lot of things to say this week. But unexpectedly I have to leave my work today. I will tell you everything tomorrow evening (EET is my time zone).

Regards,
Nemiegs.

Pollux

Jan 4, 2018

Dear supporters!

This week I was doing things connected with the project which are important, but not so visible right away.
1st of all - backups.
Also, I finished optimizing the script, invented some repeatable events with different outcomes depending on MC's corruption level (implementation will depend on poll results). And I made a detailed "to do" list for the next game update. A separate post about this subject will follow.
Lately, I have been exchanging some thoughts with supporters on PM on different subjects. Also about tier benefits, I started to discuss some time ago. This as well - in a separate post.

Next week I will be working accordingly to my plan.

Regards,
Nemiegs.

Pollux

Jan 4, 2018
And the last one!

In the previous weekly update, I wrote that I hate the rush I have with delivering updates on my set deadlines. The timing was based on old data about the render amount I had in the very beginning. But there are other things why I am disappointed with the project and I want to solve them 1st thing before rendering v0.7.
1) scene gallery for Renpy.
2) very poor picture quality, especially for Renpy. There are a lot of renders that I remastered from RPG which has a much smaller resolution. I think that just the last 2 updates contained good quality renders. Some old scenes are re-rendered, but not all. This also prevents me from creating the gallery, as I do not want to make a place where players see crap.
One more thing I will address is the poll results about Renpy navigation. I will create maps. And places. I will use some of them for some smaller events. This must be coded too of course.
Then there are renders for v0.7 itself. It will contain 2 in-game days. As each working day now will contain more events, it means the same playtime and amount of events as 3 in-game days earlier.
And there will be an introduction to a couple of repeatable events.
So, here are my milestones:
19.03. Gallery finished, old scenes re-rendered.
26.03. at least two night/day maps for Renpy created.
02.04. done rendering 1/8 v0.7
09.04. done rendering 2/8 v0.7
16.04. done rendering 3/8 v0.7
23.04. done rendering 4/8 v0.7
30.04. done rendering 5/8 v0.7
07.05. done rendering 6/8 v0.7
14.05. done rendering 7/8 v0.7
21.05. done rendering 8/8 v0.7
28.05. done dialogues, special renders for RPG
04.06. done coding RPG and Renpy
11.06. done testing RPG and Renpy, day of release for v0.7

This is how it looks now. I apologise to supporters for whom this seems a long time to wait! However, this will allow me to take the necessary steps to publish updates once in 2 months in future as it was before.

Regards,
Nemiegs.

Latex224

Engaged Member
Mar 28, 2019
And the last one!

In the previous weekly update, I wrote that I hate the rush I have with delivering updates on my set deadlines. The timing was based on old data about the render amount I had in the very beginning. But there are other things why I am disappointed with the project and I want to solve them 1st thing before rendering v0.7.
1) scene gallery for Renpy.
2) very poor picture quality, especially for Renpy. There are a lot of renders that I remastered from RPG which has a much smaller resolution. I think that just the last 2 updates contained good quality renders. Some old scenes are re-rendered, but not all. This also prevents me from creating the gallery, as I do not want to make a place where players see crap.
One more thing I will address is the poll results about Renpy navigation. I will create maps. And places. I will use some of them for some smaller events. This must be coded too of course.
Then there are renders for v0.7 itself. It will contain 2 in-game days. As each working day now will contain more events, it means the same playtime and amount of events as 3 in-game days earlier.
And there will be an introduction to a couple of repeatable events.
So, here are my milestones:
19.03. Gallery finished, old scenes re-rendered.
26.03. at least two night/day maps for Renpy created.
02.04. done rendering 1/8 v0.7
09.04. done rendering 2/8 v0.7
16.04. done rendering 3/8 v0.7
23.04. done rendering 4/8 v0.7
30.04. done rendering 5/8 v0.7
07.05. done rendering 6/8 v0.7
14.05. done rendering 7/8 v0.7
21.05. done rendering 8/8 v0.7
28.05. done dialogues, special renders for RPG
04.06. done coding RPG and Renpy
11.06. done testing RPG and Renpy, day of release for v0.7

This is how it looks now. I apologise to supporters for whom this seems a long time to wait! However, this will allow me to take the necessary steps to publish updates once in 2 months in future as it was before.

Regards,
Nemiegs.
I only reply to this one but thanks 4 sharing them all Pollux. :)
Just a question and maybe you can answer it, if I understand it right so will version 0.7 be an 8 parted update, yes? :unsure:

Reactions: Pollux

Pollux

Jan 4, 2018
You're welcome!
As I understand it, v0.7 is going to be released on the 11.06. All the dates above are from the developper's internal roadmap to achieve it.

Reactions: Latex224

ReyBell

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
Hi there! I got new PC etc.. any way to get save file from end of pervious update? I think 0.5

dregon87

May 6, 2019
when i tried to load my save from v0.5
1615951127600.png

Edit: v0.6 ends after a night phone call with dad? If so then this is a very short update.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 17 Votes