Pervtron3000

Jan 3, 2019
The works on these saves
I don't know where the saves are actually stored when you don't use the Save to Disk option.

(Do the saves get stored online somewhere when you don't manually save to HD?
I have an app called VoidTools: Everything that tracks all filesystem entries and edits, and the normal saves do not seem to be updating anything on the filesystem.)​

Once Saved to Disk and opened at you can edit stuff like cash, ingredients, and give yourself a bunch of trait points.
All of these things are conveniently inside of the "resources" json property

"resources": {
"cash": 1000126,//way too much, but it hasn't hurt anything yet
"totalMilkSelf": 0,
"totalMilk": 0,
"totalSemen": 857,
"totalPissSelf": 0,
"totalPiss": 0,
"ingredients": {
"herbs": 9999,//give a lot for potion making
"gemDust": 999,//give a lot for potion making
"femaleUrine": 278,//give a lot for potion making
"maleUrine": 0,//give a lot for potion making
"semen": 100223,//give a lot for potion making
"breastMilk": 1,//give a lot for potion making
"springWater": 9999,//give a lot for potion making
"ale": 6,//give a lot for potion making
"succubusCum": 0,//give a lot for potion making
"elixir": 0,//I don't know what this is yet and haven't tried it out because I'm a pussy
"agates": 0//I don't know what this is yet and haven't tried it out because I'm a pussy
},
"tp": {//tp is easier to understand if you think about it as trait exp; where 300 trait exp = 1 trait point
"base": 70,//current unspent trait exp. Jack this up
"spent": 900//tracks how many points you've spent; so 900 trait exp spent = 3 trait points spent; leave this alone
},//to be clear, you don't need to mess with the "spent" property only the "base" property
"dirtiness": 0
},

Stats node is another thing to consider editing/jacking up since that effects what you can influence people to do, but the Ruby Tiara is a better option for social decisions, since even with 100 Charm (Enchanting), 100 Cunning (Brilliant), and 100 Seduction (Irresistible), some social decisions can still fail. But according to the Ruby Tiara, you basically become a Jedi and people will just go with what you want.

"stats": {
"charm": 9,//social
"cunning": 1,//social
"seduction": 23,//social
"lust": 7,//your current lust, not worth changing
"hunger": 100,//your current hunger, not worth changing
"orgasm": 0//don't know what this is
},

One quirk I encountered with the Social Stats, is that after I had set them to 100, afterwards something happened that ended up setting them back down to 39/39/39 Charismatic/Shrewd/Enticing.
Thats not what they were before I edited them to 100 and I'm not sure what causes it or if you even need anything above that. Just wanted to mention it.

outsider artisan

Developer of Succubus Stories.
Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
(Do the saves get stored online somewhere when you don't manually save to HD?I have an app called VoidTools: Everything that tracks all filesystem entries and edits, and the normal saves do not seem to be updating anything on the filesystem.)
I'll respond to other points/questions when I have more time, but just to clarify, no, the game is not saving anything online. No user data of any kind is ever sent anywhere. The only communication that ever occurs is the game will occasionally ask my personal website what the current game version is and let users know if an update is available.

As for where the save files are, everything is stored in appdata. The saves are not really in a user-accessible form as they are stored as a part of the Chromium instance that runs the game, basically the whole thing is saved all together, with all the saves and a bunch of other stuff. This is a file system change. I've never used void tools, but that's odd to me that it doesn't detect these changes. Does it ignore hidden directories? Or maybe specifically appdata? Maybe it only detects brand new files, or more significant file changes. I really don't know, and couldn't guess, but if void tools can't detect things happening in appdata that's concerning.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Stats node is another thing to consider editing/jacking up since that effects what you can influence people to do, but the Ruby Tiara is a better option for social decisions, since even with 100 Charm (Enchanting), 100 Cunning (Brilliant), and 100 Seduction (Irresistible), some social decisions can still fail. But according to the Ruby Tiara, you basically become a Jedi and people will just go with what you want.

},

One quirk I encountered with the Social Stats, is that after I had set them to 100, afterwards something happened that ended up setting them back down to 39/39/39 Charismatic/Shrewd/Enticing.
Thats not what they were before I edited them to 100 and I'm not sure what causes it or if you even need anything above that. Just wanted to mention it.
Just in case anyone is curious, here's how the social stats work.

The game only tracks social stat "xp," every 4 xp is one "rank." This is similar to how traits are tracked by their xp (but it takes 300 trait xp to gain one trait point, so it's a lot more for that). In the current version of the game, players are capped to rank 9 for social skills, so the game will detect if they have more than 40 xp in any given skill (which would be rank 10) and will knock them down to 39 to keep them at rank 9.

Early on in the game, social skills were a major consideration, but I stopped using them as much because I don't think it's as interesting a system as potions, traits, or just making the player make tough choices. While I still intend to use social skills for some stuff here and there, I initially planned to raise the cap every update with new things to talk people into or otherwise do. I just don't think the social skills are all that exciting, so I just haven't raised the cap in like a year and a half. There are descriptions of the various social skill levels going up I think to rank 12 or 13 or something (in the 50s in terms of xp, if memory serves). I'll probably rework some of this stuff at some point so all the social skill descriptions are used.

Anyway, probably TMI, but I figured I'd take the opportunity to talk shop a bit.

For the traits, the reason spent trait xp is tracked is because I initially planned for traits to cost more xp with every trait purchased, and tracking the spent points was the easiest way to do that for me. I wound up scrapping that way back in v0.2.0 or so, I think, now it's just a flat rate for all traits. But that's why it's tracked. Changing it shouldn't hurt anything, but it is safer to leave it alone just in case.

Also, elixirs and agates are just additional ingredients for more advanced potions. You'll learn to make these ingredients and some advanced potions from Wicked Pam's questline, eventually.

Edit: Also thanks for the kind review!!!

Reactions: Pervtron3000

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
v014.png

Succubus Stories v0.14.0–Date Night–has been released to patrons. Refer to the for complete details. This update will be coming to free edition players sometime in March, but I don’t have an exact date for you at this time.

This update brings the first part of chapter 5 to players, as well as the beginning of Charlotte’s romance! And romance improvements abound with a new dating system (currently only available for Priscilla, but coming soon to everyone else). Also added in this update is the brand-new fertility clinic location, a new “cock teasing” minigame, additions and enhancements to several other activities and events, and more! This update is the first part of v0.14, and v0.14.1 will be coming soon, following this up with even more dates, events, activities, and more! Stay tuned!

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Succubus Stories v0.14.1 is out!

( , )

Version 0.14.1 brings the Date Night update to the free edition of the game!

v0.14.1 – 2023-03-17

This patch adds new romance content for all three romances, new dates for Priscilla, and the long-promised ability to move-in with Rais. This patch also brings the Date Night update to the free edition of the game!

v0.14.0Date Night – 2023-02-28 (Patron Edition release date)

This update brings the first part of chapter 5 to players, as well as the beginning of Charlotte’s romance! And romance improvements abound with a new dating system (currently only available for Priscilla, but coming soon to everyone else). Rais hasn’t been left out either with new romance content, including the long-promised ability to move in with him! Also added in this update is the brand-new fertility clinic location, a new “cock teasing” minigame, additions and enhancements to several other activities and events, and more! This update is the first part of v0.14, and v0.14.1 will be coming soon, following this up with even more dates, events, activities, and more! Stay tuned!

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
I know she is a succubus and all, but does it show her actually grow tails, wings, and horns eventually in the story?
The short answer is no, I wanted the succubi to blend in with people. There are outfits though, and one is a "succubus cosplay" that's sort of a standard anime succubus look, though I believe it's a patreon-exclusive right now.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
will the final version still have free vs paid content ?
The only patron-exclusive content is some outfits (and patrons don't have to unlock any outfits, they get them all at the start) and some cheat options and a cheat menu where they can give themselves items and character progression. All of the actual game content is the same, other than patrons getting new content first.

I have no intention of adding the cheat stuff to the free edition. If you really, really want to cheat you can use the game console or a save editor. As far as outfits, I plan to continue supporting the game with new content and outfits here and there for several years even after the game is complete. Many outfits will be patreon-exclusive, but I do frequently add new outfits for the free edition to, or make old patreon-exclusive outfits available to free users, and I will probably continue to do that.

Reactions: Kodex

Skalli

Nov 1, 2017
How do Mods work? According to Wiki a dialog should pop up where I can select the path to the file system, but instead it asks for an url. The system file dialog that should come does not appear.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
How do Mods work? According to Wiki a dialog should pop up where I can select the path to the file system, but instead it asks for an url. The system file dialog that should come does not appear.
The web/browser versions use URLs. Mods must be hosted online (or via something like localhost) to get around CORS restrictions in the web versions. I host a few mods on my personal website, URLs for these are on the wiki.

On the Windows versions, you should get the file dialog instead of the URL input, and you can load mod files you've downloaded to your machine.

Skalli

Nov 1, 2017
The web/browser versions use URLs. Mods must be hosted online (or via something like localhost) to get around CORS restrictions in the web versions. I host a few mods on my personal website, URLs for these are on the wiki.

On the Windows versions, you should get the file dialog instead of the URL input, and you can load mod files you've downloaded to your machine.
Ah, I see, I'm on Linux, running it locally is nice, but then loading data from another side defeats kind of the purpose of using the offline version.
Is there no way to put them into a subfolder where they can be loaded from?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Ah, I see, I'm on Linux, running it locally is nice, but then loading data from another side defeats kind of the purpose of using the offline version.
Is there no way to put them into a subfolder where they can be loaded from?
You may be able to input the file path to the mod in the in the URL field. I've done that on Android and it works, but I think it required a special prefix, like file://filepath/mod.bsc or something similar. No idea what the Linux equivalent would be.

Last edited:

Skalli

Nov 1, 2017
You may be able to input the file path to the mod in the in the URL field. I've done that on Android and it works, but I think it required a special prefix, like file://filepath/mod.bsc or something similar. No idea what the Linux equivalent would be.
I haven't checked in the game yet, but the method added the items to the list at least.

Reactions: Hargan2

121qaz

Jun 3, 2021
The works on these saves
I don't know where the saves are actually stored when you don't use the Save to Disk option.

(Do the saves get stored online somewhere when you don't manually save to HD?
I have an app called VoidTools: Everything that tracks all filesystem entries and edits, and the normal saves do not seem to be updating anything on the filesystem.)​

Once Saved to Disk and opened at you can edit stuff like cash, ingredients, and give yourself a bunch of trait points.
All of these things are conveniently inside of the "resources" json property

"resources": {
"cash": 1000126,//way too much, but it hasn't hurt anything yet
"totalMilkSelf": 0,
"totalMilk": 0,
"totalSemen": 857,
"totalPissSelf": 0,
"totalPiss": 0,
"ingredients": {
"herbs": 9999,//give a lot for potion making
"gemDust": 999,//give a lot for potion making
"femaleUrine": 278,//give a lot for potion making
"maleUrine": 0,//give a lot for potion making
"semen": 100223,//give a lot for potion making
"breastMilk": 1,//give a lot for potion making
"springWater": 9999,//give a lot for potion making
"ale": 6,//give a lot for potion making
"succubusCum": 0,//give a lot for potion making
"elixir": 0,//I don't know what this is yet and haven't tried it out because I'm a pussy
"agates": 0//I don't know what this is yet and haven't tried it out because I'm a pussy
},
"tp": {//tp is easier to understand if you think about it as trait exp; where 300 trait exp = 1 trait point
"base": 70,//current unspent trait exp. Jack this up
"spent": 900//tracks how many points you've spent; so 900 trait exp spent = 3 trait points spent; leave this alone
},//to be clear, you don't need to mess with the "spent" property only the "base" property
"dirtiness": 0
},

},

wait you can use save editor for this one?

4.30 star(s) 16 Votes