outsider artisan

Developer of Succubus Stories.
Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
An alpha demo version of my next game, Hex, has been released to patrons. It will become free at some point next month!

enc-menu.png
HEX is a brand new erotic adult RPG for Windows and the web, from the creator of Succubus Stories. An alpha demo version of the game has just been released to patrons. This alpha demo will eventually be made available to the public, but it’s for patrons only for now!

In Hex you play as a lowly demon, a mere succubus, who manages to possess the body of a powerful mage. However, the body’s former soul still clings to the vessel, threatening to bend the succubus to her will instead. But things aren’t exactly as they seem, and the two souls will be forced to make the most of their unwitting partnership if they are to survive. Oh, and thanks to being a succubus you have to fuck to regenerate MP!
combat.png
Features
Hex is an erotic RPG presented as a visual novel with sandbox, simulation, and combat elements.

• Hot, turn-based sexual encounters of varying types. Every sex scene has elements of voyeurism and exhibitionism thanks to the constant presence of your less-than-enthusiastic “roommate.”
  • Dynamic, deep turn-based combat using a totally unique, custom built game engine. Master various schools of magic, deflect enemy attacks, and build up auras on yourself and your enemies to control the battlefield.
  • A reactive, sandbox-style game world where NPCs react to your choices, state of dress, level of hygeine and more.
Links
ETA: And before anyone asks, SS will remain my top priority until it is completed.

Last edited:

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
alpha-release.png

- - -

The Hex alpha demo is now available to everyone for free! You can play it now on . This is v0.0.4 of the alpha, and comes with some bug fixes and small updates/additions, however, no new content has been added.

What’s the difference between the free and patron editions?

The patron edition will get new content first, usually by at least one week. Patrons also gain access to the , which contains optional gifts players can claim, like bonus items and free and immediate access to alternate outfits.

Things to keep in mind:
  • Some of the content has been lifted from Succubus Stories, this content will be replaced with new stuff overtime. Much of the other game text is also non-final.
  • The following game content is also considered non-final: background images, sex sound effects for footjobs and lesbian sex, the cut-in animation and sound effects associated with tidal attacks. Other things may also be subject to change, but the aforementioned are explicitly incomplete or placeholders.
  • There are far fewer events, activities, and skits available here than the game will actually end up having in the areas presented.
  • Right now, no one really reacts to your state of dress or filth outside of a few dedicated skits. This was a time constraint–I hope to make the world feel more reactive in the future.
  • There’s a relatively small number of skits (this game’s equivalent to random and exploration events from Succubus Stories). This was also a time constraint, the intention is to make the game at minimum as varied and full of weird things you can do as Succubus Stories is today.
Gameplay tips!
  • You can streak/urinate/masturbate at night or in non-public outdoor places. Eventually if you do these activities a few times, you’ll unlock the ability to streak publicly, urinate publicly, masturbate publicly, and even have public sex. Each of these options is unlocked slowly over time. This is really grindy right now just cause there’s not a ton to do in the game. Remember you can hold the spacebar to skip through stuff.
  • It is not possible to leave the chapel nude yet, so don’t try grinding for that. I have plans to make this more of a scene/event that unlocks it, and I’ll patch it in sometime soon.
  • You can unlock moves by just having sex. You unlock butt stuff with anal sex skill, foot stuff with footjob sex skill, etc. Also, skill increases pleasure rates, and teasing bonuses, among other things.
  • You can get lunar magic toward the end of the demo. If you want to try it out, explore in the forest to find bad guys.
  • You can flirt with Meila if you masturbate in the Chapel.
  • The Vesica and Avidus spells you get in the skill menu can be cast on random NPCs. Avidus lets you have public sex with an NPC without meeting the normal requirements.
  • Press and hold shift to toggle hotkeys in most game screens, including combat, encounters, text mode, and even the game’s menus. In VN mode, shift hides the textbox. Control toggles the textbox’s visibility.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
1.png

Version 0.14.3 will release on July 25! Unlike most patches, I'll probably update the F95 page here for this one, since this is the second consecutive v0.14 patch, and together the changes will be significant. Prepare yourself for milk-oriented content!

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
The v0.14.3 patch has been getting flagged as a trojan by Windows Defender (and only Windows Defender). I have submitted the game files to Microsoft for review, and they have removed the game from detection by Windows Defender, but this process can take time to roll out to consumers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is not limited to SS, other NW.js based apps have been dealing with similar false positives. I want to assure you that I scan my own system regularly, and I scan my code base anytime I update my dependencies. I can vouch for the files on Itch.io, and you can decide whether you trust the uploaders here on F95zone for yourself (I do, personally).

All this is to say, v0.14.3 is completely safe, and has gotten a clean bill of health from Microsoft's security team. If you want to manually clear your Windows Defender cache and update your virus definitions as described in the first image above, you can, and if you want to wait until Windows Defender stops whining, that's fine too. I don't know how long the cache lasts honestly or how often it updates the definitions, could be hours, could be days.

All that said, the game files are safe to use, and if Windows Defender flags them, you can ignore it or just do the cache and update thing, or just wait for a bit and try again, whatever you are comfortable doing. I think a lot of you might not even see the flags from Windows Defender anymore, but certainly some of you will, so I wanted to make this post in case of that eventuality.

Thank you for your understanding!

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
SuccubusStories-0.14.3
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

bKohime2

Nov 2, 2018
I remember checking out this game a long while ago and it definitely came a long way! With that said, some sort of hint system for the journal would be nice, (I couldn't figure out how to trigger the request Bail Roland out even going back to saves from Chapter 1 and 2). Having Priscilla's route locked behind lactation is also a bit restrictive in my opinion, since that's not really a state that you'll end up in unless you specifically seek it out (either via pregnancy or alchemy) and I don't think I saw any hints that I should approach her while the MC is lactating (until I read it up on the wiki later).
Will futa content be expanded to use the regular sex encounter system in the future?

Reactions: outsider artisan

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
I remember checking out this game a long while ago and it definitely came a long way! With that said, some sort of hint system for the journal would be nice, (I couldn't figure out how to trigger the request Bail Roland out even going back to saves from Chapter 1 and 2). Having Priscilla's route locked behind lactation is also a bit restrictive in my opinion, since that's not really a state that you'll end up in unless you specifically seek it out (either via pregnancy or alchemy) and I don't think I saw any hints that I should approach her while the MC is lactating (until I read it up on the wiki later).
Yes, I intend to clean up Priscilla's romance route at some point, it is not great and the romance route shouldn't be locked behind lactation. It's something I intend to do, along with many adjustments to the prologue and chapter 1 and other early content.

The request to bail Roland out is , I believe. I'm not sure about adding any specific hints to the game itself; I may, but I also think it kind of enhances the game somewhat to have these requests starts and not be exactly sure what triggered them. But things like a romance shouldn't be locked behind that. All the other romances are way more straight-forward.

Will futa content be expanded to use the regular sex encounter system in the future?
Maybe. I plan to make it a full-on encounter type in Hex. For SS, I definitely want to expand futanari content at some point (probably post-1.0.0), and I do have some pretty big plans, but I'll probably expand the existing activity, not create an encounter type. If you want a vague idea of what that may look like, I'm' thinking something like the futanari content in the Convent mod.

Reactions: bKohime2

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Judging by the screenshots, i like your writing style, not too short, not too long. Artstyle also looks cute. Although i'm not too much of a fan of text-based games, I'll give it a try to this one.
I hope you like it!

If you like the ideas and writing but not the text-based nature, you may prefer my other game, Hex, which is very similar to this game in terms of structure and content, but is more of a graphical game. It's still in an early alpha state, but it's got enough content and polish to stand on its own, I think.

Reactions: Patchouli Knowledge

Celebrius

Mar 7, 2019
Having an issue where the UI gets really blurry on focusing buttons when not fullscreen. I have a 5120x1440 monitor so it's a bit much to keep a text based game in fullscreen all the time.

Grandy_UiD

May 16, 2019
Decided to check this out on a whim and was positively surprised. Nice art style, pretty hot even if it's mostly text based (which I'm usually not a fan of) and I'm actually invested in the story (just started chapter 2). Looking forward to continue playing this.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Decided to check this out on a whim and was positively surprised. Nice art style, pretty hot even if it's mostly text based (which I'm usually not a fan of) and I'm actually invested in the story (just started chapter 2). Looking forward to continue playing this.
That's great! I'm so glad you enjoyed it so far!

Shasou

Oct 5, 2017
This game is a gem, it's pretty damm good and the writing is top-notch, plus it also features romance with characters, which i love in games, this is quite the find! The amount of fetishes it has is great, the scenes are well-written and the art is top-notch.

The only major gripe i have with it at the moment is the fact that, in my case, if you dislike let's say watersports, it can get annoying how much of it the games shoves it down on you, even if you toggle it off in the settings (i know you're not really toggling it off, but still). When you're playing the game at the start, you might think that you can avoid it, but unfortunately it's a crucial part of the gameplay, you gotta piss to get alchemical reagents, and during some scenes the game will still allow certain choices to appear which can be a turn-off to a really hot scene that's happening.

Kinda hurts not gonna lie, because i really wanna play it, i loved everything else that it has presented. It's the constant appearance of a specific fetish that, as a user that specifically showed disinterest in the settings, keeps appearing everywhere (including choices that shouldn't even appear to me since i toggled it off). Ever had one of these games that you just love, but it had this "one" thing that ruins the whole experience and if it had a toggle to disable that one thing, it would be one of your favorites?

For now i'm gonna be watching how it develops, maybe in future updates there will be a way to make it more approachable.

outsider artisan

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
This game is a gem, it's pretty damm good and the writing is top-notch, plus it also features romance with characters, which i love in games, this is quite the find! The amount of fetishes it has is great, the scenes are well-written and the art is top-notch.

The only major gripe i have with it at the moment is the fact that, in my case, if you dislike let's say watersports, it can get annoying how much of it the games shoves it down on you, even if you toggle it off in the settings (i know you're not really toggling it off, but still). When you're playing the game at the start, you might think that you can avoid it, but unfortunately it's a crucial part of the gameplay, you gotta piss to get alchemical reagents, and during some scenes the game will still allow certain choices to appear which can be a turn-off to a really hot scene that's happening.

Kinda hurts not gonna lie, because i really wanna play it, i loved everything else that it has presented. It's the constant appearance of a specific fetish that, as a user that specifically showed disinterest in the settings, keeps appearing everywhere (including choices that shouldn't even appear to me since i toggled it off). Ever had one of these games that you just love, but it had this "one" thing that ruins the whole experience and if it had a toggle to disable that one thing, it would be one of your favorites?

For now i'm gonna be watching how it develops, maybe in future updates there will be a way to make it more approachable.
If the issue is the urination stuff, you can shut it off with both the "disable urination ergencies" gameplay option and the "watersports" content shield setting. But yes, you'll still need to use urine as an ingredient, and it may still be an option that appears from time to time.

Quite_Useless

Feb 20, 2020
I'm probably missing something, but I appear to be softlocked telling the story to Rais. My only options are to go to the grave, tavern, sleep or masturbate and I've been doing it for a lot longer than the 2 weeks the Lord said he'd be. The repeating "It never ends" makes me assume that I'm meant to like do something but after trying everything I can think of I'm still stuck.

4.30 star(s) 16 Votes