4.70 star(s) 276 Votes

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
I don't know dude. I've seen a lot of these things, and while more of these VNs are starting to look pretty great with how many devs learning and switching to Blender, Summer Heat is still miles ahead of most of them in regards to quality static renders. I can think of maybe 1 or 2 that I'd consider to be in the same conversation with Summer Heat right now.
Your standards are probably higher than mine. :ROFLMAO: Or better eyesight. :ROFLMAO:
I'll DM what I was thinking of.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jericho85

pinuz1

Feb 13, 2021
I hate how long it is taking, but you can't deny that nothing comes close to the quality of Summer Heat, both in terms of visuals and dialogue (gotta run it through 4 languages in google translate to get the authentic experience). Looking forward to 0.6 even though I hoped it would be out months ago (especially with the line about cutting content to reduce wait times between releases).
I can agree that in terms of visuals this game is really high up in the list, but when it comes to dialogue and writing? This game can't even compete, even the main plotline of the camp feels a tad forced and the game doesn't take good advatange of it, not to mention girls throw themselves at the MC for little to no reason. Don't get me wrong, I think it's an acceptable story for an adult VN game, it's somewhat funny and "entertaining" but there's no real depth in most of the characters, especially the MC.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I hate how long it is taking, but you can't deny that nothing comes close to the quality of Summer Heat, both in terms of visuals and dialogue (gotta run it through 4 languages in google translate to get the authentic experience). Looking forward to 0.6 even though I hoped it would be out months ago (especially with the line about cutting content to reduce wait times between releases).
with Visuals I agree. Not so much with story and dialogue ive played more than a handful ive enjoyed more than this game. Not to mention the pacing in the story is kinda of bad imo. It's crazy how it's only been 1 day so far yet everything that has happened should of been spread across at least 2-3 days. Then if we mention the relationship building makes it even more unbelievable since it's in the span of one day. Sure it still would be a bit unbelievable if the relationship building happened over 2-3 days instead of 1 but the difference would be it would feel better.

Dr.Zed

Jun 4, 2020
I don't know dude. I've seen a lot of these things, and while more of these VNs are starting to look pretty great with how many devs learning and switching to Blender, Summer Heat is still miles ahead of most of them in regards to quality static renders. I can think of maybe 1 or 2 that I'd consider to be in the same conversation with Summer Heat right now.
could you please DM me the other 1 or 2 that you consider on the same level? just curios and keen on other VN's to kill the time

robin312

Jul 6, 2023
Summer Heat is still miles ahead of most of them in regards to quality static renders.
I read a status report one of these devs. Blender is not better in case of render quality. Blender is all about workflow optimization. You can just do the same thing faster with Blender

And I think this game is one of the best illustration of it

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Blender is mostly used for better/smoother animations, it's not very good in DAZ. The latter is still the best for still renders though.

MaxRichard

Oct 7, 2023
View attachment 3877882

Don't get me wrong, I love Summer Heat, but I can certainly deny that nothing comes close to the quality. I can think of 20 off the top of my head that have as just as good if not better visuals. In terms of the story, Boy goes to camp and and within one day has every girl and woman throwing themselves at him. There's a lot better storylines around too.

It's great, I love it, I can't wait for the next update, but stand alone ahead of all the rest. Na.
I think the renders here are on a league of their own, but agree that the story is super shallow. Your synopsis is actually not even inaccurate. Sure, it's a power fantasy, but at the same time it feels like a waste to not actually have decently written plot, characters, dialogue for an otherwise beautiful AVN. That coupled with the lack of updates is why this game is no longer on my signature...

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I read a status report one of these devs. Blender is not better in case of render quality. Blender is all about workflow optimization. You can just do the same thing faster with Blender

And I think this game is one of the best illustration of it
For my untrained eye Blender seem to excel at background/landscapes, but in terms of character models the ones the characters were initially designed for seems to always look better than porting them in Blender, or similar software and Daz has the largest library of assets.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Daz has the largest library of assets.
Most of it, characters included (by the best artists) are made in...you guessed it hehe. Some of the more prolific character makers also use Zbrush but most are created in Blender then ported to Daz to be sold as an asset.

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
Fuck it if I was making a game, I would just draw stick figures and leave it at that you guys can use your imagination.

That'll be 8.95 a month on patreon please.
Good idea. Where should I give the money and when should I wait for the beta version?

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

Sweet Force

May 18, 2017
I read the word plot a lot, what plot is there so far?, until now MC spent less than 24 hours (for us earthlings) in an art camp full of beautiful women, and someone planted an envelope of bills on him, what else am I losing?. I just hope that MC stops being a passive protagonist, the only important decision he made is to go to camp, the rest are situations that arise without him looking for them.
In defense of SH, it was never mentioned that the story takes place on our planet, perhaps it takes place in another galaxy, on a very similar planet but where a day lasts 120 hours.

Harveztrau

Aug 8, 2017
I can agree that in terms of visuals this game is really high up in the list, but when it comes to dialogue and writing? This game can't even compete, even the main plotline of the camp feels a tad forced and the game doesn't take good advatange of it, not to mention girls throw themselves at the MC for little to no reason. Don't get me wrong, I think it's an acceptable story for an adult VN game, it's somewhat funny and "entertaining" but there's no real depth in most of the characters, especially the MC.
Do you use the stridor perk?

4.70 star(s) 276 Votes