4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

BBZ01

Apr 26, 2021
Is the Day 6 part 2 going to focus on Eve or multiple characters ?
Umm, I'd think that where the story is you're more likely to see a fair amount of interaction with all 3 main LIs. Personally I'm trying what I believe to be the "good" route, i.e. romance with and support Kelly and support both Cassie & Eve. Guess we'll see...

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

Sasarko99

Jun 13, 2018
I don't think the incest patch is working as intended Jack and Eve refer to either other as "friend" and she's presented as his orphaned childhood friend in the intro.

GTBALL_BALLY

Unknown User
Apr 5, 2020

Dev Update #139

I'm still not done writing scene 18.
But I'm fairly satisfied with the stuff I wrote this week. Scene 18 is just a bit over 10k words at the moment. I have 2 more variants to write in order to finish it. That should represent about 2k more words to go. I hope to finish it this weekend.
I wrote a lot and edited as much. If I count everything, I wrote about 18.5k words for that scene only. I removed some useless parts, some stuff I might be pushing to some future updates, or not, I'm still not sure about it, some variants that were going nowhere and rewrote a lot as well.
I'll start the posing next week. I'll have probably about 400 shots to work on. Some of these shots may be very difficult to process as I have been quite ambitious on the "interactions". I expect a lot of simulations and clothing nightmares. I just hope I will be able to pose it properly as I don't like having to rewrite and simplify some parts to compensate. I'll see during the "cutting" process if I can reuse some shots or streamline the posing through smart transitions and dynamics.

The quick sum up :
  • Day 6 Part 2 will contain 8 scenes (Scenes 11 to 18).
  • Scenes 11 to 17 are written. Scene 8 is 90% written.
  • Scenes 11 to 17 are posed and rendered.
  • Scenes 11 and 17 are logic ready.
  • 23 897 words, 3074 lines of code. 468 shots are posed and rendered.
  • I'm currently writing scene 18.

You can follow my progress with this

Thank you very much for your support!
The Naughty Captain.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Don't think too hard: a written WT is the most sensible option (and indeed needed).
You should spend your time working on the story rather than on an in-game feature that wouldn't be essential. That's just how I see it.
What if it was less of a text walkthrough and more of a diagram of sorts? I think SpaceCorps has something like that. I think with games that have this many branching paths (tbh it's kind of intimidating to attempt to see it all because the branches aren't obvious enough for me), a visual roadmap is easier for the player to follow and the dev to make. I'm not saying there has to be accompanying pictures or crap like that but maybe just a tree diagram that outlines the parts where the branches occur (in text bubbles or something). That to me would be much easier to go back through than a linear walkthrough and it'd probably be easier to not have to mess with the code by adding a mod. Plus if anyone is going to know where the key choices are made that change the path you're on, it will be the dev. Just my two cents.

• Thinking Face
Oct 10, 2017
What if it was less of a text walkthrough and more of a diagram of sorts? I think SpaceCorps has something like that. I think with games that have this many branching paths (tbh it's kind of intimidating to attempt to see it all because the branches aren't obvious enough for me), a visual roadmap is easier for the player to follow and the dev to make. I'm not saying there has to be accompanying pictures or crap like that but maybe just a tree diagram that outlines the parts where the branches occur (in text bubbles or something). That to me would be much easier to go back through than a linear walkthrough and it'd probably be easier to not have to mess with the code by adding a mod. Plus if anyone is going to know where the key choices are made that change the path you're on, it will be the dev. Just my two cents.
This made me think of School Days walkthrough. Funny enough that game also has some fucked up endings if you make the wrong choices.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
This made me think of School Days walkthrough. Funny enough that game also has some fucked up endings if you make the wrong choices.
I'm already kind of doing that with the trigger list I offer to my $15 supporters. But it's just a path by path listing of the key choices and requirements.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod (Mod Core Update):
Summer Scent v0.6.1 - MultiMod Edition
SS_SM_Cover.png

In preparation for the next VN update may I present another debut of SanchoMod v6!

Go get you some.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v6a with even more features, bells, and whistles. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information, exhaustive previews, and FAQ can be found on the mod's newly updated thread OP (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

Last edited:

GTBALL_BALLY

Unknown User
Apr 5, 2020

Dev Update #140

I finished writing scene 18 and, until today, I was happy with what I came up with. It's 12.5 k words long, and, obviously, the biggest scene of the update.
I cut it and prepared the script for posing. I planned 356 shots.
I reworked the set I build a few months ago and started posing the scene.
About one hundred and fifty of these shots are going to be painful to work on as they contain a lot of characters, and clothes in need of simulation to fit properly. The other two hundred shots will be easier to deal with as they won't contain as many characters.
I started working on the painful ones.
Working on the posing I realized that I made a mistake. There is a part of the scene that I just won't be able to render. That part is about 1.5k words and 50 shots long. I'll have to rewrite it.
Not everything is entirely bad, however, as I will be able to recycle some of the content. The dialogues are still relevant for the most part, and only the descriptions and the action itself have to be reimagined. And the "good news" is that I already have an idea and I think it'll be better than the original segment.
I'll keep working on the posing for now. I'll rework the faulty part when I'll reach it, in a hundred render.

The quick sum up :
  • Day 6 Part 2 will contain 8 scenes (Scenes 11 to 18).
  • Scenes 11 to 18 are written.
  • Scenes 11 to 17 are posed and rendered.
  • Scenes 11 and 17 are logic ready.
  • 26 453 words, 3074 lines of code. 468 shots are posed and rendered.
  • I'm currently posing scene 18.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021

Dev Update #140

About one hundred and fifty of these shots are going to be painful to work on as they contain a lot of characters, and clothes in need of simulation to fit properly. The other two hundred shots will be easier to deal with as they won't contain as many characters.
Was hoping this read:

About one hundred and fifty of these shots are going to be painful to work on as they contain a lot of characters, and clothes in need of simulation to fit properly. The other two hundred shots will be easier to deal with as they won't contain as many characters clothes.

Garen

May 6, 2017
Finished my first run with DualLove+SisSubLove+Kelly being my first route. I had a hell of a great time. The characters feel real and have distinct personalities.
I personally like the alone-in-his-room scenes with MC where he gathers his thoughts.
Going for the duallove again except SisLove now. You really have to romance both of them and play both SisLove and SisSub routes in that to get the maximum experience

With SisSubLove, I remember finding it super weird that Eve was on the pill while Cassie wasn't and now playing through the DualLove route with SisLove, I find out it's because their mom basically had her be on the pill because they completely believed the rumours that she was fucking random dudes on the daily.

Just. Man.

I wonder if we'll ever find the tipping moment when MC decided to not believe her back in the past. What actually happened that he decided to not believe the sister he was so overprotective about until then.

Last edited:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Finished my first run with DualLove+SisSubLove+Kelly being my first route. I had a hell of a great time. The characters feel real and the scenes with MC by himself gathering his thoughts in his room are also pretty well timed.
Going for the same route except SisLove now. You really have to romance both of them and play both SisLove and SisSub routes in that to get the full story.

With SisSubLove, I remember finding it super weird that Eve was on the pill while Cassie wasn't and now playing through the DualLove route with SisLove, I find out it's because their mom basically had her be on the pill because they completely believed the rumours that she was fucking random dudes on the daily.

Just. Man.

I wonder if we'll ever find the tipping moment when MC decided to not believe her back in the past. What actually happened that he decided to not believe the sister he was so overprotective about until then.
Actually, if you want all the pieces of the puzzle, you have to play all the routes... each one has a little piece that makes you better understand the whole.

Garen

May 6, 2017
Actually, if you want all the pieces of the puzzle, you have to play all the routes... each one has a little piece that makes you better understand the whole.
Ye, I'm already thinking of a solo Eve route next to possibly uncover more details of the past.

Reactions: Nurikabe

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Was hoping this read:

About one hundred and fifty of these shots are going to be painful to work on as they contain a lot of characters, and clothes in need of simulation to fit properly. The other two hundred shots will be easier to deal with as they won't contain as many characters clothes.
Yeah, That's one of the lessons of that update. Dresses look good, simulating isn't fun. And takes too long. Let's hope they get naked soon. It'll be easier to pose.

Parts of this are already explained... on the asshole paths. But I'll probably include it elsewhere too.

Garen

May 6, 2017
Parts of this are already explained... on the asshole paths. But I'll probably include it elsewhere too.
Oh boy. I did wonder if that'll be the one. It's gonna be difficult to play through that.

Ye, I'd say it makes sense in the EveLove route. Or maybe it makes more sense in the DualLove route with support from Cassie? I guess it depends on your take on their personalities.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Oh boy. I did wonder if that'll be the one. It's gonna be difficult to play through that.

Ye, I'd say it makes sense in the EveLove route. Or maybe it makes more sense in the DualLove route with support from Cassie? I guess it depends on your take on their personalities.
We'll see. It's something difficult for Jack to confess. And I can't just wing it. I have a few ideas. Not sure they're good enough though.

Garen

May 6, 2017
We'll see. It's something difficult for Jack to confess. And I can't just wing it. I have a few ideas. Not sure they're good enough though.
Yeah I can see how. I'm playing through the asshole routes. Translating these emotions to the Love routes can be delicate.

Finished HateHero, PsychoticKnight and MoronicHero. PsychoticKnight is absolutely based but I gotta say MoronicHero has the best moment of the three with the dream sequence w/Jane and Steve. Gave me the same vibe as the "he's literally me" set of movies.

screenshot0003.png

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 142 Votes