4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021
I would really suggest that you end the game first and then go on for the revamp of what so ever is needed. Every time I see a dev is going for a revamp be it for good games like Summer's gone or milking shit like Midnight Paradise. It is solidified that very moment that the story progression is about to come to a halt or extremely slow for the next 1 or 2 years.

Some devs do it as an excuse to hide the fact that they have no idea where to take the story in future but can't abandon the game and the money coming from patrons so they just announce an unasked and unrequired revamp. Some do it to amplify the game's experience from the start but the bottom line is same ...... story progression just goes for a free fall.

I know one dev who is quite successful in this field and goes by the name
DrPinkCake, he knows there is no point in revamping the earlier chapters but improve the one coming next while keeping the pace of story. It also helps in improving the fanbase as it quite intriguing for them to see the difference between from what the game started to how it is today. He knows that after the game ends, if he wants to do it then he will have enough time to revamp the earlier chapters while the fanbase will remain constant.

I get it you want it to become more sellable by improving renders but that alone won't be enough. If your game has good reviews as well as a good rep of giving timely updates with good story progress, fanbase will automatically increase and so will the patrons but if the renders are good but the rep and reviews go down as you know people will start to rant about the gap between updates and how the revamp made it worse, like it or not it won't really help but may ruin the chances for more people to get intrigued by it as many people do see the reviews before trying the game and deciding is it worth spending money upon.

Rest is up to you

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
The dev shouldn't but there isn't anything wrong by putting up a suggestion. Its up to the dev whether he takes it or not and you surely don't look like the dev. I am just suggesting something that might be good for him and the game not forcing him to do it, so shove those solutions up your ass.
Well, we can tell which wolf Trevor fed....

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020
why dont the mc stand up for him self more it seems like he gets push around alot and yes i got femdom on but still come on

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
Can anyone explain the paths?
cassie dom redemption
cassie dom bliss
dual dom
dual sub
weird triangle

Reactions: kossk

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Since many people here don't pay attention to Patreon posts, I'm going to post the Author's last Patreon public post:

31 March

The three scenes of the main branch are mostly complete.
I've sent the scripts to my proofreaders. I began working on scene 22 and I'm reworking my original ideas. I should be able to write it with about 3k words and 100 renders or so. Maybe a bit less, we'll see. Scene 22 is part of the Moronic Hero Path.
I'm increasingly thinking about cutting some useless content from the game.
Cassie's failed love pseudo path for starter, which doesn't bring much and is probably not played at all. But I'm also thinking of removing all the options allowing you to ditch Cassie or Eve, or escape a relationship after you triggered it.
As of now, on multiple paths, you have choices leading to such situations and I don't see the point of it anymore. If you choose to romance a girl, it's not to ditch her later on. No one will play that choice. If you have second thoughts, you can always reload or restart the game.
It will simplify the code and the writing a bit, but will also lead to some major code changes. I estimate that about 3k to 5k words would disappear from the script, in various scenes. Needless to say that it is likely to cause issues with your savefiles. I'm not entirely sure of the consequences of such changes and I have some testing to do. I will keep you updated on that matter, as soon as I know more.

The quick sum up :
  • Day 6 Part 2 will contain 8 scenes (Scenes 19 to 26).
  • Scenes 19 to 21 are written, posed, rendered and coded (logic ready).
  • 21 647 words so far.
  • 4627 lines of code.
  • 681 renders are planned, 681 shots are posed and 681 are rendered.
  • I'm working on writing scene 22.

You can follow my progress on .

Thank you for your support!
The Naughty Captain

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021

Dev Update #189

Scene 22.
It's written. With 2675 words, it's pretty much within the limits of my estimation.
It's ready for posing. I cut it and planned 94 shots but I will probably revise this figure downwards as I'm sure there will be a couple of shots I'll be able to reuse.
I already started posing it. I did some prep work and posed a few shots. I'm going to try a couple of new things with this scene but I don't expect any difficulties.

Music!
I'm still searching for it. And so far I'm failing. Every music licensing platform refuses to work with adult content creators. So I'm gonna have to find and directly contact artists, and try to negotiate an alternative agreement. At that point, my hopes are pretty low.

The quick sum up :
  • Scenes 19 to 21 are written, posed, rendered and coded (logic ready). Scene 22 is written.
  • 24 322 words so far.
  • 4627 lines of code.
  • 775 renders are planned, 685 shots are posed and 681 are rendered.
  • I'm working on posing scene 22.

You can follow my progress on .

The Naughty Captain

------

On music, while we wait for it, we might ask the Great KoGa3 for a nice music mod (just check what he did for Hillside) :D:D

Last edited:

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
14 hours ago
Dev Update #190

There is very little to report this week.

Scene 22.

Half of it is posed. So far, I didn't encounter any difficulties. I have reduced the number of shots planned a bit. I expect to reduce it again next week when I'll pose the second half of the scene.

I haven't rendered anything yet but I expect the images to be reasonably fast to process. I'll run the first batch tonight.

Scene 23 is pretty much planned and fairly detailed at this point. Writing it should be a breeze. I'll get on it as soon as I'm done with posing scene 22 : by the end of next week.

The desperate quest for music continues. I tried to directly contact a couple of artists. So far none answered my emails.

That doesn't feel great.

The quick sum up :

• Scenes 19 to 21 are written, posed, rendered and coded (logic ready). Scene 22 is written.
  • 24 322 words so far.
  • 4627 lines of code.
  • 773 renders are planned, 733 shots are posed and 681 are rendered.

You can follow my progress on this Trello board.

The Naughty Captain

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents (includes new Core v7):
Summer Scent (v0.6.2R Update)
View attachment 2401117
Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7a with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho
30 minutes ago
ModDev Update #69

SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Non-Critical)
Massive rewrite and porting to the latest mod Core v7b
1682012887716.png 1682012965329.png 1682013508602.png

Go get you some.

Links in mod's OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
14 hours ago
Dev Update #190

There is very little to report this week.

Scene 22.

Half of it is posed. So far, I didn't encounter any difficulties. I have reduced the number of shots planned a bit. I expect to reduce it again next week when I'll pose the second half of the scene.

I haven't rendered anything yet but I expect the images to be reasonably fast to process. I'll run the first batch tonight.

Scene 23 is pretty much planned and fairly detailed at this point. Writing it should be a breeze. I'll get on it as soon as I'm done with posing scene 22 : by the end of next week.

The desperate quest for music continues. I tried to directly contact a couple of artists. So far none answered my emails.

That doesn't feel great.

The quick sum up :

• 24 322 words so far.
  • 4627 lines of code.
  • 773 renders are planned, 733 shots are posed and 681 are rendered.

You can follow my progress on this Trello board.

The Naughty Captain
hey cap'n its cool bout the music, i never have the music on anyway. no one ever uses dubstep or anything else i like, so i just leave the volume down on that function.

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
hey cap'n its cool bout the music, i never have the music on anyway. no one ever uses dubstep or anything else i like, so i just leave the volume down on that function.
I would second that. I play all renpy games via JoiPlay on my phone with volume off.

Whenever i see stuff about music, i just see it as unnecessary fluff that bloats downloads and causes extra development issues.

Reactions: Kassan06969

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
I would second that. I play all renpy games via JoiPlay on my phone with volume off.

Whenever i see stuff about music, i just see it as unnecessary fluff that bloats downloads and causes extra development issues.
Music is a tricky subject. For some it is essential, for others it's useless.
One thing is for sure though, it's better to have music and have the option to silence it, than not having music at all.

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes