4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
Music is a tricky subject. For some it is essential, for others it's useless.
One thing is for sure though, it's better to have music and have the option to silence it, than not having music at all.
Just adding my two cents:
I unironically have soundtrack music in the car from Cowboy Bebop, Secret of Mana, Dear Esther, and Universim on rotation alongside all my mainstream artists... and added about 25 songs from Being A DIK onto it over the last year.

Even PremiumBeats stock music can slap.

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017

Progress!
I'm almost done with posing scene 22. There are about 10 shots left. I expected to finish that task earlier this week but ultimately changed my plans.
I took some time off from posing in order to develop a simple text message system. I included that feature in the posing of the scene and I had to make sure my ideas were viable. And they are. I'll have to refine the code a bit more but it's already fully usable and behave about how I expected it to. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Of course, I can always improve it but it will do nicely for now.
There are several text message events in the game, and for now, they're all handled through the dialogue system. I will change that in future updates. The text message thingy needs to be supported with some specific poses to be fully functional but it shouldn't be a deal breaker as I've planned to rerender a lot of scenes anyway.
Still no news from the artists I tried to contact. I think that a week is more than enough for someone to answer my emails had they been interested. I will interpret that silence as a no and resume my foolish quest.

The quick sum up :
  • Day 6 Part 2 will contain 8 scenes (Scenes 19 to 26).
  • Scenes 19 to 21 are written, posed, rendered and coded (logic ready). Scene 22 is written.
  • 24 377 words so far.
  • 4627 lines of code.
  • 770 renders are planned, 761 shots are posed and 726 are rendered.
  • I'm working on posing scene 22.

You can follow my progress on .

Thank you for your support!
The Naughty Captain

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021

Progress!
I'm almost done with posing scene 22. There are about 10 shots left. I expected to finish that task earlier this week but ultimately changed my plans.
I took some time off from posing in order to develop a simple text message system. I included that feature in the posing of the scene and I had to make sure my ideas were viable. And they are. I'll have to refine the code a bit more but it's already fully usable and behave about how I expected it to. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Of course, I can always improve it but it will do nicely for now.
There are several text message events in the game, and for now, they're all handled through the dialogue system. I will change that in future updates. The text message thingy needs to be supported with some specific poses to be fully functional but it shouldn't be a deal breaker as I've planned to rerender a lot of scenes anyway.
Still no news from the artists I tried to contact. I think that a week is more than enough for someone to answer my emails had they been interested. I will interpret that silence as a no and resume my foolish quest.

The quick sum up :
  • Scenes 19 to 21 are written, posed, rendered and coded (logic ready). Scene 22 is written.
  • 24 377 words so far.
  • 4627 lines of code.
  • 770 renders are planned, 761 shots are posed and 726 are rendered.
  • I'm working on posing scene 22.

The Naughty Captain
Captain needs to offer the artists some lewd officer commissions in his naughty fleet. Naughty Privateers? Naughty Coxswains? Naughty Rear Admirals?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: The Naughty Captain

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
Since many people here don't pay attention to Patreon posts, I'm going to post the Author's last Patreon public post:
I was his patron for many years, but at some point I lost interest and motivation. The intervals between updates grew longer and I was further away from the game I used to love. It was almost frustrating to read again and again that scene after scene takes so long (especially 19). Dev himself probably also lost track when he posted that the next update would be "not before March" and later corrected it to "not before April". It's almost May now and the update is still many months away.

It's also not much fun to restart the game again and again because after such a long time you forget what actually happened before (and here the dialogues are important). And then this game also has so many routes and you have to play all these routes again and again. Like I said, frustrating. An update shouldn't take more than 2-3 months, 4 at most. Anything above that is just not "customer friendly". And it's also incomprehensible why the dev said March was the date when the update probably won't come before October (i.e. at least 1 year after the last update).

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
I was his patron for many years, but at some point I lost interest and motivation. The intervals between updates grew longer and I was further away from the game I used to love. It was almost frustrating to read again and again that scene after scene takes so long (especially 19). Dev himself probably also lost track when he posted that the next update would be "not before March" and later corrected it to "not before April". It's almost May now and the update is still many months away.

It's also not much fun to restart the game again and again because after such a long time you forget what actually happened before (and here the dialogues are important). And then this game also has so many routes and you have to play all these routes again and again. Like I said, frustrating. An update shouldn't take more than 2-3 months, 4 at most. Anything above that is just not "customer friendly". And it's also incomprehensible why the dev said March was the date when the update probably won't come before October (i.e. at least 1 year after the last update).
totally agree with you. it is hard to remember details of most games considering how many of these VN's i now play. literally hundreds. so the ones with small regular updates i tend to play first and the others just don't get played for a while. not a big deal really, but some games are really great and it is frustrating having to wait so long for updates. but if the game is really good, i don't mind playing from the beginning again.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
an hour ago
Dev Update #192

ep6-sc15-066.jpg

Scene 23.

Being done with posing scene 22. I switched to writing scene 23. With almost 1700 words long, it's within my expectations. I planned 62 shots for that scene and I've already started posing it. I have about 40 shots left. I should be able to finish posing it before the end of next week. I'll then code both scenes 22 and 23 in order to send them to my proofreaders.

Other stuff.

I've contacted a couple more artists about music for the game. Fingers crossed I'll get a reply.

I'm thinking a lot about the way I do things, especially when it comes to posing. I spend way too much time on that part of the job and that leads to an extensively long development cycle. I have to do something about that. I know I work differently from other visual novel developers and I should probably get more in line with how bigger names proceed. However, I'm afraid that could impact the mood of my scenes though. I'm not sure what to do here.

I'm also struggling with the content I planned for future updates. Long story short: I planned too much content and I'll probably have to edit that down. Finding the balance between telling the story I want to, and keeping the amount of content reasonable, so that it doesn't take years to finally finish day 6 isn't easy.

The quick sum up :

• Scenes 19 to 23 are written.
  • Scenes 19 to 22 are posed and rendered.
  • Scene 19 to 21 are coded (logic ready).
  • 26 065 words so far.
  • 4627 lines of code.
  • 832 renders are planned, 790 shots are posed and 778 are rendered.
  • I'm working on posing scene 23.

The Naughty Captain

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes