bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
yesterday at 5:28 PM
Dev Update #193

ep6_sc8_240.jpg

I'm done posing scene 23.

Half of it still awaits rendering. A couple of nights and it will be complete.
I started coding scenes 22 and 23 but barely scratched it for now. I should be able to finalize it on Monday.

Scene 24, and 25.

I have two scenes planned for the Psychotic Knight path, but the second one (scene 25) should be very short, probably even shorter than the 1500 words I predicted. So I'm thinking of merging it with scene 24. I initially planned a clear separation between the two scenes but I could find an alternative. I expect that scene to be relatively difficult to write despite the decent volume of notes I've already put together. We'll see.

Music !

I found an artist willing to let me use his music in Summer Scent. He has some pretty good pieces that will fit nicely into some scenes. I don't think it'll be enough to build a complete soundtrack but it's a good start. It's also very reassuring. I have a feeling that the hunt for a good title/credit song will be more difficult.

The quick sum up :

• Day 6 Part 2 will contain 8 scenes (Scenes 19 to 26).
  • Scenes 19 to 23 are written.
  • Scenes 19 to 23 are posed.
  • Scenes 19 to 22 are rendered.
  • Scene 19 to 21 are coded (logic ready).
  • 26 065 words so far.
  • 4627 lines of code.
  • 832 renders are planned, 832 shots are posed and 803 are rendered.
  • I'm working on coding scene 22 and 23.

You can follow my progress on .

Thank you for your support!

The Naughty Captain

Rhino3333

Nov 5, 2018
this creator seems to always express his creative struggles publicly. It's his way of making legitimate excuses for slow updates. It may also be his way to not lose faith in his own creative and technical abilities. Not sure if this is a good thing but this kind mentality does show itself in-game as well.

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
this creator seems to always express his creative struggles publicly. It's his way of making legitimate excuses for slow updates. It may also be his way to not lose faith in his own creative and technical abilities. Not sure if this is a good thing but this kind mentality does show itself in-game as well.
Naughty Captain is a perfectionist that wants to see his creative vision succeed. As someone with similar mentality, I empathize with feelings of frustrations when it might be necessary to compromise that vision to attain a better (or at least more practical) outcome.

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
Naughty Captain is a perfectionist that wants to see his creative vision succeed. As someone with similar mentality, I empathize with feelings of frustrations when it might be necessary to compromise that vision to attain a better (or at least more practical) outcome.
Agreed. There's nothing wrong with reading something else while you wait. A watched pot never boils. I've said it before elsewhere... it's one thing to complain about a dev making a hodgepodge populist freakshow filled with tropes voted on by the community-by all means, complain about getting milked there... but when someone is creating their own vision and they're transparent about any struggles they're having and open to discussion about their delays, I'm much more likely to give a dev the benefit of the doubt... especially when I'm not really paying to read the majority of these things.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
14 hours ago
Dev Update #194

ep6_sc18_001.jpg

Scene 24.

I spent most of the week writing it. I ended up merging my original plans for scenes 24 and 25 into a single scene and the whole thing is finally way smaller than my initial estimations (like two thousand words smaller).

I am satisfied with what I came up with but I'll probably have to rework some parts while cutting the scene for posing. I'm going for a more pronounced "show don't tell" stance. That means fewer descriptions, but that also means that the renders will have to perfectly transcribe the atmosphere of the scene without the direct support of the narration. What worries me is that I'll only know if it works as I hope it will when the scene will be playable, i.e. when I'll be done rendering and coding the whole thing. If I have to rework the scene at that point, it's going to be a pain.

Scene 24 is about 2.4k words. I'll probably need about 80 shots to illustrate it.

The quick sum up :

• Day 6 Part 2 will contain 7 scenes (Scenes 19 to 25).
  • Scenes 19 to 24 are written.
  • Scenes 19 to 23 are rendered.
  • Scene 19 to 23 are coded (logic ready).
  • 28 430 words so far.
  • 5523 lines of code.
  • 832 renders are planned, 832 shots are posed and 832 are rendered.
  • I'm working on posing scene 24.

The Naughty Captain

Balley

Feb 12, 2023
The old problem: most of the devs doing this in their free time as a hobby. Most of us can't do it faster. Some of us don't have a life or a job. They could do it.
Yeah. Also the game have so many different paths that changes quite abit of content. Which also makes it go slow. I do enjoy games with many different paths. But at the same time with how slow the updates comes from it. It makes me at the same time not like it as much hehe. Also I think it's good if naughty captain don't put in all his effort and time into it. It's a bigger chance to get burned out and lose the drive to keep on working on it. You need to have time for other things. Otherwise it will just wear down ones psyche.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
4 hours ago
Dev Update #195

ezgif-3-9267dac9ea.jpg

Scene 24.

I planned slightly more shots than usual. I'm going for 107 shots, instead of 80, which was my initial estimation. There will be a lot of "short-lived images" which I usually try to avoid. We'll see how it goes.

I'm currently posing scene 24. I'll have a few "difficult" poses to deal with, but essentially I shouldn't encounter any major difficulties. Two new sets will be introduced in this scene but I've already assembled them months ago. I had to spend some time selecting new clothes for some of the cast members, and it's always a challenge, as good and usable assets aren't that numerous, and I am apparently a fashion illiterate...

But it's done. The first 30 shots have been posed and most of those are already rendered.

If I was ambitious, I would say that I have good hopes to finish both the posing and the rendering by the end of next week maybe we could even have the scene fully coded and sent to my proofreaders by the end of the month.

Scene 25 should be pretty short and fast to both write and pose.

We are tangibly getting near to a release.

The quick sum up :

• Day 6 Part 2 will contain 7 scenes (Scenes 19 to 25).
  • Scenes 19 to 24 are written.
  • Scenes 19 to 23 are rendered.
  • Scene 19 to 23 are coded (logic ready).
  • 28 430 words so far.
  • 5523 lines of code.
  • 939 renders are planned, 863 shots are posed and 856 are rendered.
  • I'm working on posing scene 24.

The Naughty Captain

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Needs more pictures and people banging and pictures of people banging.
Just a couple of things I'd like to tell you, guys:

1. a reminder for everybody: the pictures the Author posts when he posts an update aren't preview pics - they always come from older updates;

2. most importantly, since some people still "like" my very old post where I shared my outdated old walkthrough, I'd recommend you guys to ignore my old walkthrough: it's outdated and it was made before the Author reworked the first chapter and a couple of paths, therefore some paths are wrong now.

You should use the in-game hint system the Author introduced in the last update and/or install Sancho's mod.

Reactions: The Naughty Captain
4.20 star(s) 143 Votes