4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
16 hours ago
Dev Update #200

Changelog v0.6.3

• Added a text message interface to display text interactions.
  • Stealing the panties during day 2 will now lock you into either the Moronic Hero, Psychotic Knight or Evil Asshole paths.
  • Jack cannot be friendly with Luke anymore during the coffee shop event on day 3.
  • Being a cad during the night pool event on day 3, is now only available on the Moronic Hero, Psychotic Knight and Evil Asshole paths.
  • The option to lie to Cassie again, about Jack's experience, has been removed.
  • As a consequence, Dom Cassie is very pleased and won't crush Jack's balls anymore during her night event on day 3.
  • The final option to reject Eve on her love path on day 3 has been removed.
  • The option to fail your love story with Cassie on day 5 night has been removed.

The Naughty Captain
I'm just wondering whether these changes are going to break our old saves... :confused:

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Well, I've been pleasantly surprised by this game, been playing since yesterday, did the dual love path first because it was kinda obvious to me, but love the fact we can fuck thing up pretty fast (like I thought I did when Cassie found Jack with Eve), and then, while at first I shut Kelly down, the more I saw her after, the more I thought I had to do another run with her included. So far so good, MC is kind of a dork, but in a way I don't mind too much, I mean, I've been in his place younger (even older), like totally inept in front of girls I suddenly stopped being functional in front of (but in my case, totally missing the bait and being friendzoned after, fortunately, there's always another), so, in some ways, I can relate to Jack.

Love the little jokes here and there, cause the atmosphere is heavy at times, but I must say, while polyamory never really was my thing (not because of jealousy or that NTR nonsense insecure trogs likes yelling about, more that while I wouldn't mind a MFF throuple, I know I wouldn't accept a MMF one, no hypocrisy there), it grew up on me lately, especially with good writing and people who knows the difference between polyamory and harem, which are totally different. Wasn't thrilled with the Josy/Maya one (BaDIK) cause of how sudden it happened, how there were lies everywhere... but then, played the Bare Witness one, and loved it, then this one, who just feels 'natural'...

Also, that Jaye cameo, loved it, love producers collaborating, like the Chasing Sunsets/Leap of Faith/Artemis one that keeps giving, now sure wouldn't mind a flashback of Cassie/everybody in the next Chasing Sunsets updates for sure (cause it's in CS past, unless there was one I wasn't aware of).

qvcatullus

Sep 17, 2020
Also, that Jaye cameo, loved it, love producers collaborating, like the Chasing Sunsets/Leap of Faith/Artemis one that keeps giving, now sure wouldn't mind a flashback of Cassie/everybody in the next Chasing Sunsets updates for sure (cause it's in CS past, unless there was one I wasn't aware of).
I think there's a brief cameo with MC and Eve in CS already if you do the Jaye path, beyond the running joke reference with the "naughty French captain."

Reactions: Sasanid

stompintime

Apr 18, 2018
Love this game but I see that the dev is working on remaking early chapters.
I really wish devs would do that AFTER they finish their game first.
I really don't think anything is wrong with the early chapters but yes they could probably use some love.
I just wish the time that could be spent making newer chapters took priority over remaking old stuff.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Love this game but I see that the dev is working on remaking early chapters.
I really wish devs would do that AFTER they finish their game first.
I really don't think anything is wrong with the early chapters but yes they could probably use some love.
I just wish the time that could be spent making newer chapters took priority over remaking old stuff.
They are only doing a little bit at a time, nothing to slow down new progress. Also, some things have been removed as wel.

stompintime

Apr 18, 2018
They are only doing a little bit at a time, nothing to slow down new progress.
That is always good to hear.
I was talking in broader terms as well. A lot of devs seem to do it at some point.
I get it though, as you work on something you get better at making it and your earlier work starts to feel like a blemish on your finished product. I totally understand the need to go back and make changes but I feel like a lot of devs end up in this cycle that ultimately ends up with an irate player base or an abandoned project.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
That is always good to hear.
I was talking in broader terms as well. A lot of devs seem to do it at some point.
I get it though, as you work on something you get better at making it and your earlier work starts to feel like a blemish on your finished product. I totally understand the need to go back and make changes but I feel like a lot of devs end up in this cycle that ultimately ends up with an irate player base or an abandoned project.
From what I gather lots of the things were to improve the game, not re-doing a bunch of renders type of thing, like these things.

• Stealing the panties during day 2 will now lock you into either the Moronic Hero, Psychotic Knight or Evil Asshole paths.
  • Jack cannot be friendly with Luke anymore during the coffee shop event on day 3.
  • Being a cad during the night pool event on day 3, is now only available on the Moronic Hero, Psychotic Knight and Evil Asshole paths.
  • The option to lie to Cassie again, about Jack's experience, has been removed.
  • As a consequence, Dom Cassie is very pleased and won't crush Jack's balls anymore during her night event on day 3.
  • The final option to reject Eve on her love path on day 3 has been removed.
  • The option to fail your love story with Cassie on day 5 night has been removed.
  • Several typo and punctuation errors have been corrected.

Reactions: stompintime

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Update time:

Dev Update #201

I couldn't finish everything I wanted to do. One of the features I worked on this week took way more time than I expected. However, I do have a working build and I plan to release it tomorrow, barring any unpleasant surprises. I still need to clean some code and remove some now useless lines but it should be available for Sailing Masters , on Patreon and Subscribe Star, by the end of the afternoon.

I will most likely release another build in a couple of weeks, with an updated credits screen, a few other minor stuff and the mandatory typo corrections.

I'll probably take a couple of days of semi-vacation after that release. I feel like I need some sleep.

Thank you for your support!

The Naughty Captain.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Son of a...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, I have to completely rewrite the mod... again.
That's way too many past playthrough changes dev.
At some point you have to commit and move forward, imho.

Fuck my life.
That is exactly what I'm doing.
There will be more changes in next updates. I thought it was clear that I would regularly rework entire scenes.

Doni94

Dec 29, 2018
There will be more changes in next updates. I thought it was clear that I would regularly rework entire scenes.
But Captain woulndt be better if the focus of the next updates were only focused on future scenes ? I know the past scenes are not going to be the main focus, but the updates already have a very long release Window. Why dont vou rewrite or rework something from the past only when it comes to the final version?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm not being confrontational, but if that's your intent then do it proper once. Once you've settled on the "remake" then push it live. As it stands currently with constantly changing all previous playthroughs is that you are mandating folks replay the entire VN every single update until one day you are satisfied that the rework is complete.

Do you see what I'm getting at? If you're going to do it, then to it proper once and move on. Reworking code over and over is a debatable strategy... again, all of this being mho working with many, many VN's and dev teams.

Something to think about. Again, intended as constructive criticism and not hostility. So, there's nothing to read between the lines.

Regards. Time for me to get busy with the rework as well... again.

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes