4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

JM24

May 27, 2021
Are there no sex scenes in this update? I played Cassie dom, dual dom, Eve sub love and nothing happened.

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
I feel as though that people aren't really giving the psychotic knight and mornic hero a fair chance. In my opinion that was some of the better writing and most believable paths so far. Think about it, Jack is struggling with with mental state as he not only comes to terms with the fact that he's in love with Eve, but also deals with his own psychosis in the process. He comes to peace with who he really is and the journey takes a HUGE toll on him. This process also has a HUGE impact on Eve, she can see him breaking down, she KNOWS, he's in some seriously shit and something is terribly wrong, her own feelings surface, things she herself has been pushing down, holding back as much as Jack has. In fact she's also struggling to accept reality as it is as well, meanwhile Cassie is the only one either of them can trust, because they can't trust each other and they can't trust themselves. It forces her to know what's going on with both parties and being unable to help either party. The clarity Jack has when he's finally broken through everything when he realizes what he's done and what it means he's going to have to do was amazing to me. I could feel, see and understand exactly what he was going through and could even feel his resolution and resolve to not only protect them, but also see things through to the end.

One thing I feel the Dev missed the Mark on is unrelated to these paths and actually kinda annoyed me a little is the Weird Trangle path. Dev set up throughout the story a reason for why Cassie is so fucked up and even made Eve aware of it, yet as they all get closer she never even bothered to investigate what's happening between Jack and Cassie? This was a missed opportunity in my opinion, Cassie raped Jack, he did say no, several times and she did it anyways. I can't imagine that Eve who is as much in love with Jack as Jack is with her, would be okay with her best friend raping him. The fact that she doesn't even get to find out about it is a swing and a miss. That should have been Eve's big moment for defending Jack as well as making a friendship ultimatum for Cassie. After all Cassie pulled that card on Eve when it involved Luke, Considering how much she loves her Jack I can't see her not making the same threat. "You raped Jack and are abusing him! If you value our friendship at all this will stop right now and you will apologize to him!" The fact that there isn't any consequence for the non consental activity seems off and not immersive. I mean Eve knows Cassie is fucked up, Eve does love Jack, Eve is aware Jack is a bumbling idiot who won't defend himself against them, the story established that supposedly the girls very VERY passionate about rape, we have established that they do draw lines and are more than willing to fight with each other, but as long as it's who gets abused it's okay?

I understand the Dom path having an acceptance route, but having Cassie break down instead of truly being confronted in a believable way is not immersive. I dislike how she saw how much love Jack had for Eve and started to change her mind. That's weak even for her character. Instead I feel as though she should have doubled down on her ego and her punishment system GOT CAUGHT and now has to be the one to get forgiveness. It would have been significantly better I think.

Anyways theses are my thoughts. I do enjoy the game very much and I hope my criticism isn't taken as anything else but just that criticism. Overall it's a mostly very enjoyable experience.
Since I'm on Android, this opinion is for update 6.2 I haven't played 6.3 yet, maybe my mind will change.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I feel as though that people aren't really giving the psychotic knight and mornic hero a fair chance. In my opinion that was some of the better writing and most believable paths so far.
I stopped reading you here.

To each their own shit.

Bon appetit!

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
Yes, but it's impossible in the actual state of the game. as I wanted to progress all paths at the same time.
However, it may become possible in the near future. Some paths are coming to an end in the next update, and the changes I brought to old content inv0.6.3 should allow me to save some time.

We'll see.
I'm glad you're committed to your vision. Most VNs aren't as "wide" as yours, and consequently it has a short length in "game" days for your sanity. I'm like you. I want it to be perfect. When I tell my friends who make fun of me for reading these about them, I want this one to always be one of the few I spout off in a row when I'm asked what I recommend. If you went and rewrote everything else you felt you wanted to at once, and the wait for us was longer, it would be perfectly understandable to me. We have to be patient. I'm also thankful for Sancho. There's so many paths lol

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, but it's impossible in the actual state of the game. as I wanted to progress all paths at the same time.
However, it may become possible in the near future. Some paths are coming to an end in the next update, and the changes I brought to old content inv0.6.3 should allow me to save some time.

We'll see.
Thanks Naughty Captain, therefore, would it be possible to create a walkthrough for the best path as to not go through the bad ending? And if possible on the Eve path, not too keen on the Cassie path, not my cup of tea :unsure:

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Thanks Naughty Captain, therefore, would it be possible to create a walkthrough for the best path as to not go through the bad ending? And if possible on the Eve path, not too keen on the Cassie path, not my cup of tea :unsure:
Agreed on avoiding the bad ending, as I had a lot of difficulty avoiding one in the past (finally managed thanks to your mod ;)), but is there really a best path? :unsure:

I think that The Naughty Captain tries hard to create many paths, with one not necessarily better than the other, just up to player preference.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
There is an ingame walkthrough that will help you. The bad ending is on the dual love path. you just have to either play another path or follow the walkthrough to avoid the bad ending.

Agreed on avoiding the bad ending, as I had a lot of difficulty avoiding one in the past (finally managed thanks to your mod ;)), but is there really a best path? :unsure:

I think that The Naughty Captain tries hard to create many paths, with one not necessarily better than the other, just up to player preference.
I do. I try to give each path the same attention and the same importance. The idea has always been to make it worthwhile for the player to play every path. Be it for the visuals or the emotion.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I certainly wouldn't make these comparisons. Naughty Cap is neither a milker nor a scammer: he's a perfectionist, I guess.

Let's hope. I'm sure you'd have more patrons with faster updates.

You never got public releases here, bro: what you got here were always leaks donated by some generous fellow pirate chap.

Latest public release is 0.4.1 and you can find it on the Cap's patreon page.
People coming to these forums offering financial/marketing advice to devs are a dime a dozen.

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
I feel as though that people aren't really giving the psychotic knight and mornic hero a fair chance. In my opinion that was some of the better writing and most believable paths so far. Think about it, Jack is struggling with with mental state as he not only comes to terms with the fact that he's in love with Eve, but also deals with his own psychosis in the process. He comes to peace with who he really is and the journey takes a HUGE toll on him. This process also has a HUGE impact on Eve, she can see him breaking down, she KNOWS, he's in some seriously shit and something is terribly wrong, her own feelings surface, things she herself has been pushing down, holding back as much as Jack has. In fact she's also struggling to accept reality as it is as well, meanwhile Cassie is the only one either of them can trust, because they can't trust each other and they can't trust themselves. It forces her to know what's going on with both parties and being unable to help either party. The clarity Jack has when he's finally broken through everything when he realizes what he's done and what it means he's going to have to do was amazing to me. I could feel, see and understand exactly what he was going through and could even feel his resolution and resolve to not only protect them, but also see things through to the end.

One thing I feel the Dev missed the Mark on is unrelated to these paths and actually kinda annoyed me a little is the Weird Trangle path. Dev set up throughout the story a reason for why Cassie is so fucked up and even made Eve aware of it, yet as they all get closer she never even bothered to investigate what's happening between Jack and Cassie? This was a missed opportunity in my opinion, Cassie raped Jack, he did say no, several times and she did it anyways. I can't imagine that Eve who is as much in love with Jack as Jack is with her, would be okay with her best friend raping him. The fact that she doesn't even get to find out about it is a swing and a miss. That should have been Eve's big moment for defending Jack as well as making a friendship ultimatum for Cassie. After all Cassie pulled that card on Eve when it involved Luke, Considering how much she loves her Jack I can't see her not making the same threat. "You raped Jack and are abusing him! If you value our friendship at all this will stop right now and you will apologize to him!" The fact that there isn't any consequence for the non consental activity seems off and not immersive. I mean Eve knows Cassie is fucked up, Eve does love Jack, Eve is aware Jack is a bumbling idiot who won't defend himself against them, the story established that supposedly the girls very VERY passionate about rape, we have established that they do draw lines and are more than willing to fight with each other, but as long as it's who gets abused it's okay?

I understand the Dom path having an acceptance route, but having Cassie break down instead of truly being confronted in a believable way is not immersive. I dislike how she saw how much love Jack had for Eve and started to change her mind. That's weak even for her character. Instead I feel as though she should have doubled down on her ego and her punishment system GOT CAUGHT and now has to be the one to get forgiveness. It would have been significantly better I think.

Anyways theses are my thoughts. I do enjoy the game very much and I hope my criticism isn't taken as anything else but just that criticism. Overall it's a mostly very enjoyable experience.
Since I'm on Android, this opinion is for update 6.2 I haven't played 6.3 yet, maybe my mind will change.

Thanks for reading.
Completely agree. The psychotic knight path is heartbreaking, while the moronic hero is kinda hilarious and has quickly become one of my fav. Those two paths are certainly worth playing a asshole for the first days.

I think they're a fascinating look at someone suddenly breaking into a pyschosis, as well. Jack certainly shows in each paths how close he was to a nervous breakdown, but those highlight just bad it was. I think Jack's a fascinating character. I know some here complain about how often he seems to second guess and ponder in his mind about what to do/what he has done. But that's no coïncidence. Anyway. Agree with you.

inquisitorhawke96

Nov 6, 2018
While it's always nice to see appreciation for the Psychotic Knight path, I think you guys are still sleeping on the Evil Asshole path. No path is superfluous, they all give proper characterization to the characters, and I have to take my hat off to the Dev who even though he didn't like writing it did his best and gave us this great character study.

Just read Jack's introduction profile and we can see that he has his fair share of bad attributes, and by focusing on them the Dev frames his relationship and fallout with Eve in very different light from other paths and makes his progression into psycho rapist well founded. His breakdown in the bathroom and the responses he gives to his conscience trying to justify himself (or realizing his mistakes, both are excellent) are probably the best written scenes in the game.

I am eagerly awaiting the next update and the unfolding of this plot

screenshot0010.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Naughty Captain

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Completely agree. The psychotic knight path is heartbreaking, while the moronic hero is kinda hilarious and has quickly become one of my fav. Those two paths are certainly worth playing a asshole for the first days.

I think they're a fascinating look at someone suddenly breaking into a pyschosis, as well. Jack certainly shows in each paths how close he was to a nervous breakdown, but those highlight just bad it was. I think Jack's a fascinating character. I know some here complain about how often he seems to second guess and ponder in his mind about what to do/what he has done. But that's no coïncidence. Anyway. Agree with you.
While it's always nice to see appreciation for the Psychotic Knight path, I think you guys are still sleeping on the Evil Asshole path. No path is superfluous, they all give proper characterization to the characters, and I have to take my hat off to the Dev who even though he didn't like writing it did his best and gave us this great character study.

Just read Jack's introduction profile and we can see that he has his fair share of bad attributes, and by focusing on them the Dev frames his relationship and fallout with Eve in very different light from other paths and makes his progression into psycho rapist well founded. His breakdown in the bathroom and the responses he gives to his conscience trying to justify himself (or realizing his mistakes, both are excellent) are probably the best written scenes in the game.

I am eagerly awaiting the next update and the unfolding of this plot

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sure. Whatever.

So, what is this now? is the weird shit lovers time finally arrived, at last?

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
Sure. Whatever.

So, what is this now? is the weird shit lovers time finally arrived, at last?
Have you even tried the routes ? I for one can't play the evil one cause it's too anxiety inducing for me after the bathroom breakdown. I understand even before that it might not be for everyone.
Hell my comment wasn't adressed to you in the first place. So why the need to be so judgemental in a condescending way ?
Rude much ?

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes