4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Hi Cap', excellent job. Your game is really something.
But if I may say so, being French myself, I have a question. Why not create the game directly with French as a 'second language' (mon coeur tricolore souffre en disant ça), right from the start?
There are several developers from France, but very few of them include French in their games. Protégeons notre belle langue, que diable !!! Bon courage mon capitaine ; )
Thank you.
I thought about providing a French version of the script, and at some point, I even started working on it. It didn't go very far though, as I realized rather quickly that it would take quite some time to adapt the whole script. For now, Summer Scent is about 280k words long and it would take quite some work to come up with a proper French script.
I'm still thinking about it, however. But at the moment I'd rather focus on improving the game and progressing the story.

Thank you again!

qwoppe

Formerly 'dweebledum'
May 21, 2018
The lighthouse/beacon/checklist really made this game worth playing for me. The level of involvement was too high for me personally without it. I'm sure some felt otherwise but it's optional anyway. It's an elegant solution that lowers the difficulty without eliminating it. Very well done.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
3 days ago at 3:20 PM
Dev Update #206

Day 2 scene 1.

It's almost done. I have 20 shots to pose to finish it. I also made some progress on the rendering with 75 images rendered. I have quite a few issues with some of these images (the dreaded forehead black lines, a classic problem when you work with Daz), but I'm not too worried as I should be able to correct that easily during post-processing.

Once finished with posing that scene, I'll switch to working on Day 2 scene 10. I'll need to produce some specific material in order to replace several movie screenshots that I need to remove from the game. I'll probably talk about that scene more in the next dev update. Several things are going to change (as always, for the better).

Most likely overthinking stuff.

Meanwhile, I'm asking myself a lot of text-related questions. About readability, length and rhythm. So far I only displayed one sentence at a time. Which, in terms of readability is pretty good. However, with the amount of content I produce, the game might end up very "cliquy" and as there may be may have several (too many?) clicks between two images, the game may feel a bit static. On the other hand, if I display several sentences at a time, the game could feel less static, and cliquy... but will lose some readability. The rhythm of the story will change too and that might end up changing the global feeling of the game. I'm not even sure there is an absolute "best" answer to that question but that has been bothering me for quite some time. If you have an opinion on that matter, I would gladly hear it.

The quick sum up :

• Day 6 Part 4 will contain 2 new scenes: scenes 26 and 27
  • Day 6 Part 4 will contain 2 reworked scenes from Day 2: Scenes 1 and 10
  • Day 2, scene 1 has been rewritten.
  • 4200 words so far.
  • 135 shots are planned, 114 are posed, and 75 are rendered.
  • I'm posing Day 2 scene 1.

Thank you for your support!

The Naughty Captain

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I can assure you I didn't have to stretch it in anyway.
Of course. I never thought you altered the dimensions of her model for that render, but do you see where I'm coming from?
It looks like she has a gadget-arm, maybe because in the scene's composition her body is a bit further away from the viewer than the arm. I don't know why but it looks weird.

Reactions: hawk784563

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Of course. I never thought you altered the dimensions of her model for that render, but do you see where I'm coming from?
It looks like she has a gadget-arm, maybe because in the scene's composition her body is a bit further away from the viewer than the arm. I don't know why but it looks weird.
I do understand, yes. The kind of thing that, even if they don't really exist, once "seen", cannot be unseen.

Reactions: Feyd and Aristos

Rockoon12

Apr 22, 2019
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauw, what a marvelous game
I realy lived the story myself
Better even, you can play it again and again with each time a different outcome
This is the best game i ever played
Thanks for that, keep on going man this is the real thing.

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
I'm very interested in playing this game! However, since I'm kind of a bitch I would like to ask a few questions before diving in to deep and get burned.

The game as a Rape tag and after opening the game you get quite a few warnings that the game isnt for the faint of heart.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
I'm very interested in playing this game! However, since I'm kind of a bitch I would like to ask a few questions before diving in to deep and get burned.

The game as a Rape tag and after opening the game you get quite a few warnings that the game isnt for the faint of heart.

Hiya,do you already know the end of your story?
Yes, I do.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PervySageKem

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021

Yes, I do.
You've gotta get tired of hearing shit about that. It certainly gets old in the thread here. More so when someone shits about it instead of playing the game and finding out, or just avoiding that ending altogether. It was quite easy for me to avoid the first time I played. Had to actively choose to be a dick to get that ending.

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
You've gotta get tired of hearing shit about that. It certainly gets old in the thread here. More so when someone shits about it instead of playing the game and finding out, or just avoiding that ending altogether. It was quite easy for me to avoid the first time I played. Had to actively choose to be a dick to get that ending.
I'm sorry if the question is annoying, but with all the warnings I wasnt sure if it was avoidable. I just wanted to make sure it was avoidable, many games with the tag have completely unavoidable rape scenes so it is a fair question. No need to be so offended with a simple question.

Reactions: Piratefishes

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I'm sorry if the question is annoying, but with all the warnings I wasnt sure if it was avoidable. I just wanted to make sure it was avoidable, many games with the tag have completely unavoidable rape scenes so it is a fair question. No need to be so offended with a simple question.
Oh, nothing against you. Sorry. It was more about people getting upset about that ending. Sorry. Wasn't calling you out.

Honestly, the tag shouldn't really be there. Rape is not a feature of the game. It is eluded to happening if the player makes all the bad choices and creates a monster. You never see anything. But, no doubt, a lot of children whined about it and got the tag put up there.

You won't see anything to do with it if you don't go down the asshole MC path.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 143 Votes