4.20 star(s) 143 Votes

Irrational

Donor
May 18, 2017
Heh. I have to say, much respect to the developer for adding my name to every sex scene. Not sure how he managed that.

But seeing the girls moan my name is a real turn on, "Hannnssss", "Your dick is so big! Haaaaaaaans!~"

That said, absolutely hilarious knowing that every other guy who doesn't share my name is reading themselves getting cucked by yours truly. And probably jacking off to it. "Oh yeah girl, keep moaning Hans, it's turning me on" ~ Jack

So once again, thanks for adding this feature to this game.

Last edited:

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Yesterday at 3:37 PM
Dev Update #210

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

Day 2, Scene 10.

I edited the scene down to just under 5k words. It's still a lot more than what I intended but I can't see myself cutting more content from it. So it will have to do. It has been a real struggle, but it was necessary.

I established a first storyboard for that script and planned 127 shots to illustrate the scene. That number might change as I'll pose the shots. Maybe I can bring it down a bit. As always that's something I can only really decide when I am knee-deep into the posing process.

I've caught up with all the rendering backlog, including the "supplemental" shots I need to properly pose Day 2, Scene 10. I'll probably need one additional image in that series, but so far, so good.

I started posing Day 2, Scene 10. I've barely touched that task so far with barely 8 shots ready to render. I'll probably need about 2 weeks and a half to complete it.

Day 6, scene 26.

I think I now have all the assets I need and made sure I would be able to render the scene as I imagined it. I also started writing. So far, The 8k words goal seems realistic enough. I'm going to put that task on hold, though, as I shifted my attention back to Day 2, Scene 10.

Some more general considerations.

I'm thinking about adding new content to Days 1 to 5. Just like the dream sequence in the new version of Day 1. That new content would be without impact on the story and relatively short. The goal would be to bring some flavour, humour or tension without changing the story in any way. Like dreams, memories or short interactions with external characters.

I wanted to get some opinions on that matter as I've been told that some players would not even consider doing a new playthrough to see that new content and that some others might even be "annoyed" by it. If you have an opinion, please, do share it.

The quick sum up :

• Day 6 Part 4 will contain 2 new scenes: scenes 26 and 27
  • Day 6 Part 4 will contain 2 reworked scenes from Day 2, Scenes 1 and 10
  • Day 2, Scene 1 and 10 have been rewritten, Day 2 Scene 1 has been posed and rendered.
  • 9729 words so far.
  • 275 shots are planned, 156 are posed, and 48 are rendered.
  • I'm working on posing Day 2, Scene 10.
You can follow my progress on .

Thank you for your support!

The Naughty Captain

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
Yesterday at 3:37 PM
Dev Update #210

Day 2, Scene 10.

I edited the scene down to just under 5k words. It's still a lot more than what I intended but I can't see myself cutting more content from it. So it will have to do. It has been a real struggle, but it was necessary.

I established a first storyboard for that script and planned 127 shots to illustrate the scene. That number might change as I'll pose the shots. Maybe I can bring it down a bit. As always that's something I can only really decide when I am knee-deep into the posing process.

I've caught up with all the rendering backlog, including the "supplemental" shots I need to properly pose Day 2, Scene 10. I'll probably need one additional image in that series, but so far, so good.

I started posing Day 2, Scene 10. I've barely touched that task so far with barely 8 shots ready to render. I'll probably need about 2 weeks and a half to complete it.

Day 6, scene 26.

I think I now have all the assets I need and made sure I would be able to render the scene as I imagined it. I also started writing. So far, The 8k words goal seems realistic enough. I'm going to put that task on hold, though, as I shifted my attention back to Day 2, Scene 10.

I'm thinking about adding new content to Days 1 to 5. Just like the dream sequence in the new version of Day 1. That new content would be without impact on the story and relatively short. The goal would be to bring some flavour, humour or tension without changing the story in any way. Like dreams, memories or short interactions with external characters.

I wanted to get some opinions on that matter as I've been told that some players would not even consider doing a new playthrough to see that new content and that some others might even be "annoyed" by it. If you have an opinion, please, do share it.

The quick sum up :

• Day 2, Scene 1 and 10 have been rewritten, Day 2 Scene 1 has been posed and rendered.
  • 9729 words so far.
  • 275 shots are planned, 156 are posed, and 48 are rendered.

The Naughty Captain
Right-click Skip, click yes. Press Ctrl until it stops skipping. Read the new stuff. Tadaaaaa. Painless lol

I'm down for it.

Reactions: dioregul

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020

My opinion: don't do it.

I don't care that much if I need to start over, although this game is quite intricate with many different paths, so it would be annoying.

But my main objection is development time. I would just like to see story progression. If you keep going back to things that already happened, it's not benefitting existing players, because they already have the existing story in their heads, while new players won't know the difference.

If you do want to give the story an overhaul, do it after it's complete. That way you may induce players who have completed the game to do a second playthrough.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Because it takes more time?
Well, I don't give a fuck. It's an uncompleted game, so we all know it's a work in progress. I want the game the dev wanted to create when it's completed. The best rated AVN are those ones where the dev follows their visions and not any demands of some anon pirates.

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
The best rated AVN are those ones where the dev follows their visions and not any demands of some anon pirates.
Maybe but the forum is also full of games which end up being abandoned after the devs start with overhauling the complete game somewhere half-way development.

I am aware that this is NOT what is being proposed by the dev, but anyway.

I think the most successful games are the ones where the dev soldiers on according to his original plans and accepts any mistakes that he has made in the past. Midlife Crisis is a good example of that. Early renders were quite bad, but they improved. Coding is still a mess if you want to follow some other path besides a pure harem. Still it's a well loved game.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Uh it kinda depends i guess. Adding cool flavor events could for sure improve the game even more. But stuff like dreams just sucks and is completly overused and mostly wasted in avn's esp sex-dreams feel just utterly meaningless.

And adding stuff which doesnt change the rest of the story (not even single renders or something like that?) kinda sounds strange and useless to me too.

Yeah imo its (probably) a bad idea, doesnt really add much and takes (probably) and considering there didnt happened a lot in the last update, its kinda annoying but lets see if it improves the avn.

zhuguannan1

Sep 9, 2017
Sooo, the plot and lore are pretty good, im think the dev could be a writer real life maybe....
but in my first run I almost had none sex scenes, Im about the give it a second run, so can someone enlighten me about the general strategy of entering more scenes and those sub/dom/aff numbers? I dislike female dom contents, i guess i will just avoid + dom options?

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
15 hours ago
Dev Update #211

I haven't been as productive as I hoped to be this week. After the first ten shots were posed, I realised I wasn't satisfied with both the lighting and Eve's outfit. I invested some time into correcting that.

I'm at shot 38/127, which is about 20 shots behind my planning, but on the other hand, Eve has now a better outfit and the night and TV lights have been greatly improved.

The night light is a problem I've been dragging on since the very start of the game back in 2019. With every new nighttime in the game, I tried to rework it and failed every time with the shots ending being too dark and the action very difficult to read. Rerendering these scenes is one of the reasons for the rework, and I have no doubt that it will be a great improvement to the game. So, regarding this, the good news is that I came up with a decent solution for lighting night shots. And so far I'm satisfied with it.

I can't show you for now, because my area is back into "way too hot for rendering" mode for at least a few more days. But I will give you a taste of it as soon as possible.

Eve's outfit is also way better than the original one. It's sexier, for a start, cuter, I can simulate it if needs be, and it's simply considerably better in geometry and texture quality. I already used part of that outfit for Cassie's clothes on Day 6. So far I'm very happy with that decision.

Anyway, I hope I'll be more efficient next week. I have a couple of medical appointments coming that will slow me down a bit but I hope to reach the 80/127 shots threshold.

The quick sum up :

• 9729 words so far.
  • 276 shots are planned, 187 are posed, and 148 are rendered.

The Naughty Captain

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Sooo, the plot and lore are pretty good, im think the dev could be a writer real life maybe....
but in my first run I almost had none sex scenes, Im about the give it a second run, so can someone enlighten me about the general strategy of entering more scenes and those sub/dom/aff numbers? I dislike female dom contents, i guess i will just avoid + dom options?
This game has a built-in hint system, and you can find a detailed pdf walkthrough and an amazing walkthrough mod in the OP. They're more than enough, I guess.

May 22, 2020
The quick sum up :

• 9729 words so far.
  • 276 shots are planned, 187 are posed, and 148 are rendered.
As dev cycles consistently grow longer across the industry, and individual development lifecycles approach 7+ years for popular games, seeing devs go back and fiddle with script, clothing and lighting for long-completed scenes is frustrating to those of us who just want to know how the story ends. George R. R. Martin should not be a role model on how to deliver content.

Reactions: Rixen

An0nym0usSingh

Dec 10, 2020
i can't join the discord server can someone please help me with this. My discord got hacked and it deleted some servers from the list. And now i can't seem to join it.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
3 hours ago
Dev Update #212

I'm still behind on my schedule. I wasted quite some time on personal life stuff and spent a non-negligible amount of time reworking a couple of paragraphs of the script, once again.

However, more than half of the scene is now posed and that was the "difficult" half. I still have some more personal stuff to take care of in the coming weeks but I have good hopes to progress faster.

Reworking scenes 1 and 10 from Day 2 took me too much time. I know I kind of overdid it. I hope I'll manage to keep myself in check for the time.

Reworking old scenes is both necessary and satisfying in its own way but I do need to work on new content. I have that disagreeable feeling of stagnation that I need to get rid of. The two new scenes I want to include in the next update will be fairly big and they're pretty important to me and I'm pretty impatient to start working on that content.

I'm also thinking a lot about the other content to come, in v0.6.5 and further. An 8-month-long dev cycle just isn't sustainable. I didn't want to split the content further, but I'm increasingly thinking about compromising. I don't like that, but it may be necessary.

The quick sum up :

• 9729 words so far.
  • 276 shots are planned, 225 are posed, and 148 are rendered.

The Naughty Captain

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Yesterday at 4:02 PM
Dev Update #213

Still behind on my schedule as I've lost a lot of time this week.

I spent about 10 hours, a whole day of work, posing a single shot that I couldn't get right. As it's an important one, I felt like I had to get it right if not perfect. I'm still not happy with the result but I can't afford to waste more time on a single shot, and I finally moved forward.

It's quite annoying to fail, but it's even more infuriating to waste that much time on it.

I still made some progress, though and, according to my original cut, I'm about 20 shots from being done with Day 2, scene 10.

I've been thinking about adding options to that scene, specifically for the third branch (the Evil Asshole, Moronic Hero and Psychotic Knight paths).

That segment is the shortest of the scene and I had a few new ideas for a short but significant sequence that would show Jack's inner conflicts. However, I'm afraid it would be kind of weird to have Jack show some vulnerabilities so soon on these paths. I'm going to take the weekend to think about it and make a final decision on Monday morning as I'll start to pose that segment.

Anyway, I hope to be done with posing that scene by Wednesday. I'll then code the reworked scenes and send them for proofreading.

After that, I'll probably have to focus on the music problem before anything else. I have some tracks ready, but the more I listen to them, the more I question my choices. I have to make some significant progress on that task and set in stone the basis of a definitive soundtrack. I won't go anywhere if I change my mind on what kind of music I want for the game every month.

The quick sum up :

• 9449 words so far.
  • 281 shots are planned, 260 are posed, and 178 are rendered.

The Naughty Captain

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Dev Update #214

Day 2 Scene 10.

It's done. It's posed and more than half of it is rendered. So far, the results are pleasing, aside from a few details that had me rework the kiss shots once again. Posing lips and tongues is tricky.

I haven't made the switch to coding, as I should have. Instead, I directly jumped on the music task.

The music.

At that point, music has become essential to the game. I need to deal with it in this update, one way or another. However, that task is very difficult. I think it's time to talk about it in detail.

I started to work on a soundtrack in December 2021 / 2022. At that time I was going easy on it and it wasn't my priority. I was simply listening to various tracks and making potential playlists on a popular and widely-used music licensing platform. By the end of 2022, that site ( as well as others) would crack down on licensing for adult content and ruin my plans.

Restarting my foolish quest from scratch in 2023, as if finding the music itself wasn't difficult enough, I now have to directly contact the artists to try to strike a satisfying deal, track by track.

Months later I managed to find a couple of artists who agreed to sell me some tracks. And I actually already bought some.

So I do have a few tracks. But not enough to make a proper soundtrack. And I now wonder if I really want to use that genre of music. Yes, I do, but I also want to use other styles. Can I mix styles? Like atmospheric pseudo-classical and low-fi / trip-hop? Probably? Movies often mix different kinds of music, right? But then I have transition issues.

And it feels weird. I listen to these tracks while playing the game, to see if it fits. It sometimes does! And sometimes it doesn't.

Aside from some legitimate questions, the problems ultimately lie in myself. I have a "perfect" soundtrack in mind, one that fits perfectly with the tone of the scenes and drives the emotions of the player right where I want them to go. But it isn't realistic. That soundtrack doesn't exist and never will. So I have to settle for something else and I have a hard time making definitive decisions. But I don't have a choice, it needs to happen now, even if I have to change tracks later. I'm curious to know what you think on the subject of music.

On a side and sad note, one of the artists who accepted to sell me music has stopped replying to my emails. He is Ukrainian and lives in Ukraine. I hope he is alive and well.

The quick sum up :

• Day 2, Scene 1 and 10 have been rewritten and posed, Day 2 Scene 1 has been fully rendered.
  • 9549 words so far.
  • 289 shots are planned, 289 are posed, and 234 are rendered.
  • I'm working on the music.

4.20 star(s) 143 Votes