4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
The game isn't actually restrictive when it comes to making choices. Unlike other games, where they lock important choices, this game pretty much let you choose all the choices and see which you prefer the most. I went for the love with the friend, but the dom over the sister.
Also, I have to say there is a difference between dom/sub role-play than rape. In dom-sub roles, there is a level of trust similar to an actual relationship.
And where does the trust come from in their relationship? They've spent years not trusting, even disliking, each other and in a matter of 3 days they trust each other enough to submit to a D/S relationship and give each other their virginity? So a relationship built on one giving up complete control to the other happens faster than a mutually loving relationship?

Dom/Sub role play is consensual, rape is not and it is shown quite well in this game so far. The sister always have the chance to walk away, but she doesn't because she wants it and trust the MC won't really force her (who so far haven't done so). Yes, his commands sound forceful, but he doesn't actually physically force her to do so, his commands are more like suggestions and the sister has the option to obey it.
I know it is kind of worrisome since a lot of the games here on the site so far mistaken the Dom/sub role play as actual master-slave relationship. But, think of them as 50 Shades, the movies fucked up how BDSM actually works.
Can she really walk away? Even when someone isn't physically constrained there are impediments to being able to be assertive. What if walking away means that their relationship is irrevocably damaged? Being so vulnerable emotionally may cause someone to give in even if they don't really want to do so. No real conversation precedes the scene, nothing to indicate that she wants to be submissive to him (except for the points we are shown when we do something). Jack's words and actions in that scene seem rather atypical for him and are more forceful and commanding than anything he has said or done before. Doesn't she end up crying during or after being dominated? To me it plays as he is taking advantage of an emotionally vulnerable individual who could very well fear losing the barely repaired relationship that she has with him. This is very unlike his relationship with the friend. In that D/S situation they seem to be more equals.

I have to be honest, when I played the Dom route it made me a bit sick to my stomach. I know people have said that I probably played the "hard" dom route instead of the "soft" dom route (I was just following the trigger map to see all of the content). At this point I very much dislike Jack and it thoroughly disappoints me as I loved this game up till then. That's just me obviously. However, I do believe this game is geared toward people more interested in D/S and less focused on love, considering there are three people and a D/S relationship can happen incredibly quickly with each pairing.

Anyway, thank you both for reading and being incredibly civil about it. I really feel like every route should be a slow burn, move at the same speed, instead of having the D/S happen so much faster than love.

erkper

May 16, 2018
I have to be honest, when I played the Dom route it made me a bit sick to my stomach. I know people have said that I probably played the "hard" dom route instead of the "soft" dom route (I was just following the trigger map to see all of the content).
And this is what I don't understand. If you don't like the content, why do you play the route at all? It's not like the game forces you into the Dom route, quite the contrary - you said yourself you had to follow a guide just to get there. Why? Why put yourself through that? To me the various routes are some of the greatest attributes of this game - you can have almost a completely different game based purely on the way you choose to play it. I felt much the same about the Sub route, I experimented with it a bit but quickly decided it wasn't my cup of tea and abandoned that route. Doesn't make the game less fulfilling or interesting, I still thoroughly enjoy playing it through several routes each update.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
And this is what I don't understand. If you don't like the content, why do you play the route at all? It's not like the game forces you into the Dom route, quite the contrary - you said yourself you had to follow a guide just to get there. Why? Why put yourself through that? To me the various routes are some of the greatest attributes of this game - you can have almost a completely different game based purely on the way you choose to play it. I felt much the same about the Sub route, I experimented with it a bit but quickly decided it wasn't my cup of tea and abandoned that route. Doesn't make the game less fulfilling or interesting, I still thoroughly enjoy playing it through several routes each update.
Well, I didn't know what the Dom content was beforehand did I? I liked the game and wanted to see what else was on offer in it so I followed a guide to get there. It wasn't until I was there that I found it didn't appeal to me. I am not against all D/S content, I just didn't like the D/S in this game involving Jack and his "childhood friend".

I can't know I don't like something before I experience it.

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
I hope the players play Summer Scent, without a walkthrough, at least the couple first time, and see where that leads them. Unfortunately, it seems that the average player wants a walkthrough right before they even download the game. It's not about playing anymore, it's about efficiency, and I'm a bit sad about that.
The complexity of the game wasn't supposed to supply difficulty, but rather diversity. Do you think I should provide fewer options?
Personally, I was only interested in the sub route... and, quite frankly, I had no trouble whatsoever ending on this route simply by making "subby" choices, no walkthrough needed. Cannot speak about other routes, though, as I never cared about those.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
I think part of the issue is some people want to see most of the content, or they think they are missing out (this is the reason that for many games I will use a walk through).

I am only doing one play through (my guess at love route with both girls). I realized that due to the complexity, I would never see everything, so just decided to chose choices that seem natural to me.
From the comments, it seems I have missed a lot of the sexual content due to the choices I have made.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I think part of the issue is some people want to see most of the content, or they think they are missing out (this is the reason that for many games I will use a walk through).

I am only doing one play through (my guess at love route with both girls). I realized that due to the complexity, I would never see everything, so just decided to chose choices that seem natural to me.
From the comments, it seems I have missed a lot of the sexual content due to the choices I have made.
If you are going for the love route(s), there isn't much sexual content yet. I suspect that will be changing in the next update though.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Well, I didn't know what the Dom content was beforehand did I? I liked the game and wanted to see what else was on offer in it so I followed a guide to get there. It wasn't until I was there that I found it didn't appeal to me. I am not against all D/S content, I just didn't like the D/S in this game involving Jack and his "childhood friend".

I can't know I don't like something before I experience it.
Exactly how I felt about the Sub route. But again, with so many other options, why does not liking one particular route that you had to find a guide to even follow affect you that much? Do you find the content of the game that lacking that you cannot deal with not being able to play and enjoy EVERY SINGLE SCENE the game might offer? The irony is it sounds like you'd like the game more if it didn't offer the Dom route, because you are too much of a completionist to accept NOT playing every route a game has. As the Captain has said, not all route are for all people. Such is life.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Exactly how I felt about the Sub route. But again, with so many other options, why does not liking one particular route that you had to find a guide to even follow affect you that much? Do you find the content of the game that lacking that you cannot deal with not being able to play and enjoy EVERY SINGLE SCENE the game might offer? The irony is it sounds like you'd like the game more if it didn't offer the Dom route, because you are too much of a completionist to accept NOT playing every route a game has. As the Captain has said, not all route are for all people. Such is life.
The game is lacking in content if you play the love route only, as I did, 2 kisses and and a handjob isn't exactly a lot. Since I liked the game and developer I thought I would try the other routes. Is that so wrong? Why do you care if I did go and play other routes and didn't like them? I would like it if I'd never experienced the Dom stuff but that's water under the bridge. I only played that content recently after being dissatisfied that the game reached 4 updates and had virtually no content in the route I chose. It turns out the game is only a slow burn if you play the one route I am on, if you choose to "force" yourself onto her or "submit" to her friend there is a lot more to experience. SO yes, I felt penalized for deciding that I would ONLY play the love route. We don't have to agree so best to move on, to borrow your phrase, "such is life".

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
The game is lacking in content if you play the love route only, as I did, 2 kisses and and a handjob isn't exactly a lot. Since I liked the game and developer I thought I would try the other routes. Is that so wrong? Why do you care if I did go and play other routes and didn't like them? I would like it if I'd never experienced the Dom stuff but that's water under the bridge. I only played that content recently after being dissatisfied that the game reached 4 updates and had virtually no content in the route I chose. It turns out the game is only a slow burn if you play the one route I am on, if you choose to "force" yourself onto her or "submit" to her friend there is a lot more to experience. SO yes, I felt penalized for deciding that I would ONLY play the love route. We don't have to agree so best to move on, to borrow your phrase, "such is life".
I agree with Erkper on this matter tho. Yes the love route is more of a slow burn. But the game is far from finished, and no one forces you to play any way you wouldn't like to. My first time playing this game I didn't get even one H scene. I thought there wasn't any before I realized it was because I played that way. But I had so much fun I just decided to try again, and again, and again. Without walkthrough, because it was just so much more fun like that. And it's not like it's hard, you just have to pick up different dialogues options.

I compared that in another game's thread to Undertale and the love/hate relation a lot of player have with that game because of the genocide route. But no one forces you to play it, in this example the creator even keeps telling you during the game "beware, your actions have consequences, you won't be happy with the resolve". Then people blame him for creating that path. But that's the brilliance of that game for me, that it forces you to face your own issues.

If you strongly feel like what Jack's doing is wrong, then you should probably not play that path and wait for another update to have the payoff. The completion syndrome is a real thing and it's not the author's problem, but yours. I'm saying that in a friendly way btw, for example I'm not a big fan of the Cassie dom path, and I still gave it a try, but I wouldn't blame the Cap for it. At the moment I took the decision to play that path the blame was on me.
Maybe the only thing the Cap could add is some kind of warning at the beginning of the game that some paths could trigger the players ?

Alan_001

May 31, 2020
Well, that's not completely right, (something else had to have "factored" in, maybe choice of "drink" the MC got ?), I did exactly that, but no "kiss-on-couch", she just "cuddled" up next to the MC, for rest of movie, and just before that, had mentioned the "hug", that happened, in her room after the MC apologized, and said, she'd like more "hugs" in future. (hopefully this leads to the "Love Path", but only the Dev knows):devilish:

The "kiss-on-couch" version, may be a "faster" way to her affections, (but not sure), that lead to "sexing" her quicker, or not, and may lead to the "submissive" path, (Hopefully, . . . :LOL:), or not.

It's hard to know, what choices are "needed" to be made , to get the path you really want, (like the Love Path), instead, of ending up getting another path, that you don't really want, (like say, the "submissive-her" path) :oops:!

So many different out-comes, for just a few different choices ! :unsure:

That's not even, considering, the paths to "conquer" the "Guest" (Love or Submissive), getting mixed into the choices made, and mucking things up, even more o_O !?

And, Is there any path to get "Both"? . . . . . Seems there should be, (evidenced by choices in the "Dream-scene" from Day 1) !
Hey bro do you have walkthrough pdf of summer scent??

visagedirect

Feb 21, 2020
Hey bro do you have walkthrough pdf of summer scent??
Its a great game game, but the paths are way too complex, I had blonde Chick, Affection lv 31 and sub 19, got all way to day 8 (end) and never got a hand job, all because of two answers, corrected these using the walkthrough, (mine field) and the lewd action kicked in. Will i try alternate path, Fek that Delete PAINT DRY

Saramago

Sep 23, 2017
It would be pretty cool if it had a hint system on the gallery. I'm missing a few day 4 scenes and I have no idea how to get them. Even with the walkthrough I can't seem able to unlock them

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
It would be pretty cool if it had a hint system on the gallery. I'm missing a few day 4 scenes and I have no idea how to get them. Even with the walkthrough I can't seem able to unlock them
I'm thinking about reworking the gallery system into something more complete and usable. But right now, my priority is in the content.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
any date on the next update u r killing us....
You should check out the dev updates on Patreon, he does them regularly and is pretty much transparent on the development, there is no date but it gives you an idea of the progress.
Here's the last update from June 4th
The Naughty Captain said:
The posing of Scene 4 took longer than I expected. There wasn't any difficulty, I just ended making more shots than I first envisioned.
However, It's done. Scene 4 is now fully posed and it will render overnight.

With this scene, V0.5 has passed the 110+ render mark.

Some rewriting also happened during the posing. As usual.

I'm now working on writing scene 5.

I've added Discord Roles to the rewards. If it doesn't work properly for you, let me know and we'll find a solution.
Tiers have also been renamed.

The quick sum up :

• Day 5 will contain 22 scenes.
  • Scenes 1, 2, 3, and 4 are written.
  • Scenes 1, 2, 3, and 4 are posed.
  • 9800 words. 79 renders are done / 113 posed shots.
  • I'm currently working on writing Scene 5
Thank you for your support!

The Naughty Captain.

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
After playing through with the dominant friend the first time, I realized that path was completely out of my interest level. This was especially with the promise of a larger amount of the last scene. No offense. Just not my thing.

I played through the second time with the stepsister/foster sister/childhood friend/whatever she is and found it much more to my liking.

The story itself is interesting regardless of ones choice of relationships to pursue. I am definitely interested in seeing where this one goes.

Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
This is a very good game, different routes to take so alot of replayability. The only issue I have is that the choices aren't obvious unless you use a walkthrough. And even then no offense to the walk through but it's very confusing. The 4 fan made walkthroughs are pretty good to a point but I went through all 4 of them and still have a lot of missing scenes. I tried playing it being nice to the sister and friend but didnt get any scenes with either of them. As far as I saw you can get scenes with one only if you are ignoring or being an ass to the other. Still a very good game once I saw the walkthrough.

4.20 star(s) 142 Votes