4.20 star(s) 142 Votes

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
I chose what I thought was the more innocent option to begin pursuing her romantically. From what I have gathered without a walkthrough, the different paths open when you decide between kissing her, offering a foot rub, and not doing anything.
True.
And you also need some affection for the kissing to succeed.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
The Naughty Captain There is one thing I'd like to bring up, but it's to do with the save naming, mainly the fact that it isn't working for me. When I put a name in the text box and click on the save box or press enter, it doesn't assign a name to the save and just remains blank.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
The Naughty Captain There is one thing I'd like to bring up, but it's to do with the save naming, mainly the fact that it isn't working for me. When I put a name in the text box and click on the save box or press enter, it doesn't assign a name to the save and just remains blank.
That is strange.
The text box is filling itself but it won't apply the name to the save ?
Does it save correctly at least ?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Sadly I have little hope to solve that kind of bug as I can't reproduce it.
Let me know if the problem still exists in the next release.
Will do. (y) My solution right now is that I have the saves files named in a Wordpad document that I keep in the main folder so I know which one is the Eve Love route and which is the Eve Love/Sub route (Cassie Love route included in both).

Reactions: The Naughty Captain

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Will do. (y) My solution right now is that I have the saves files named in a Wordpad document that I keep in the main folder so I know which one is the Eve Love route and which is the Eve Love/Sub route (Cassie Love route included in both).
I guess it's a solution. Far from ideal, however. I salute your determination!

Reactions: Holy Bacchus

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
Often my solution to this is to use a different page for each route.
Like, all save for love path on page 1, sub page 2 etc...
My 2 cents

Last edited:

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
Well, in the end, I guess it's just a matter of different playstyle.

In any case, there are several walkthroughs available out there. So I guess that the players who want it won't have a problem finding the guidance they need.

It has been suggested that the difficulties encountered by some may also stem from a lack of clarity in the game mechanics. Some solutions have been proposed. I will probably try to do something about it.
A tutorial screen at the start of the game could be nice.

A rework of the gallery system and the save page are also planned. We'll see if it helps. I'll be glad to consider anything that can ease the exploration of the story as long as it doesn't change the story itself.
One useful mechanic from Summertime Saga are prominent "checks" at critical choice points that select between major story branches. The choice options clearly point to the differing outcomes at each branch (there aren't too many, considering the number of substories).

Other VN's have notifications like "This choice will have consequences" for critical path branches. I think Acting Lessons had notifications directly following such a branchpoint.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Naughty Captain

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
One useful mechanic from Summertime Saga are prominent "checks" at critical choice points that select between major story branches. The choice options clearly point to the differing outcomes at each branch (there aren't too many, considering the number of substories).

Other VN's have notifications like "This choice will have consequences" for critical path branches. I think Acting Lessons had notifications directly following such a branchpoint.
Yeah but as we talked with the Cap on his discord channel one great point about this game is how organic the playthrough feels, and most of us don't want that to change. And having a big warning sign for every big decision is kind of putting you out of the game a bit. Plus it makes for replayability to have to figure out what to change instead of just be "oh ok i'll save here and go back to change the branch".

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah but as we talked with the Cap on his discord channel one great point about this game is how organic the playthrough feels, and most of us don't want that to change. And having a big warning sign for every big decision is kind of putting you out of the game a bit. Plus it makes for replayability to have to figure out what to change instead of just be "oh ok i'll save here and go back to change the branch".
Well, you can give the player the option to play with HINTS activated, that way everyone win.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019

I'm not a big fan of the idea of a full hint system or systematic warnings.
However, a warning about the femdom path will probably end up making its way into the game.

Well, you can give the player the option to play with HINTS activated, that way everyone win.

Indeed, any hint or warning system should be optionnal. If I make one it will be that way.

4.20 star(s) 142 Votes