ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
what caught my attention in this update is that even though they trained intensely for 1 whole month they didn't evolve, none of them, not even Alice who is one of the strongest level 1, while the joker there was 4 levels in a week hahaha, what is the trigger?, because in the mc and Jake there were specific situations to evolve...
The MC gets +15 power and +5 skill from that training (plus a few power points from earlier events in the update) so it's not like they stop getting better. It's just not enough to normally trigger an evolution (if it was then you'd hardly see any level 1 or 2's around)

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I don't see why people are still so butthurt by Nico. Is she a smug bitch? Hell yeah, but she's not even that bad. Especially after we proved ourself to her. It's not like she's actively messing with the MC. She could've took her sweet time like during the Valravn fight but she came quickly.

Though, I'm not sure what would happen if you didn't beat Valravn honorably last update. Maybe she says or does something differently because I don't see what she did this update to warrant that reaction still. If you didn't help her when Cole attacked her, was she supposed to give you a round of applause? Helping her is obvious choice, instead of just standing there.

Nico was actually pretty impressive this update. Battling a stronger monster from her parent's species to a standstill like that while also fucking up Cole and them so we didn't get killed. While I wanted to fight them more there, I'm glad she helped because Laurie might've been killed if she didn't intervene. Hell, Brianna too, if Nico didn't show up at all.

Some of you guys got to get over the fact that you can't beat a lvl 5 superhuman as a lvl 2 MC lol. Of course she's going to look down on you. Just like Ella does if you complain. I'm curious if she'll actually fight Ella next update. For some odd reason, I get the feeling she's going to get fucked up. She won't be killed, especially by Ella, but something's going to go wrong, somehow.

Thuryspochen

May 11, 2020
Why? She has every reason to be smug. Some people with their level 2 MC just can't face the truth :sneaky:
I don't see why people are still so butthurt by Nico. Is she a smug bitch? Hell yeah, but she's not even that bad. Especially after we proved ourself to her. It's not like she's actively messing with the MC. She could've took her sweet time like during the Valravn fight but she came quickly.

Though, I'm not sure what would happen if you didn't beat Valravn honorably last update. Maybe she says or does something differently because I don't see what she did this update to warrant that reaction still. If you didn't help her when Cole attacked her, was she supposed to give you a round of applause? Helping her is obvious choice, instead of just standing there.

Nico was actually pretty impressive this update. Battling a stronger monster from her parent's species to a standstill like that while also fucking up Cole and them so we didn't get killed. While I wanted to fight them more there, I'm glad she helped because Laurie might've been killed if she didn't intervene. Hell, Brianna too, if Nico didn't show up at all.

Some of you guys got to get over the fact that you can't beat a lvl 5 superhuman as a lvl 2 MC lol. Of course she's going to look down on you. Just like Ella does if you complain. I'm curious if she'll actually fight Ella next update. For some odd reason, I get the feeling she's going to get fucked up. She won't be killed, especially by Ella, but something's going to go wrong, somehow.
Her arrogance might well have cost Clark and Alice their lives. I'm a little surprised Clark even agreed to power her up.

ansmutter

Jan 9, 2018
If we can't plow Cole by at least 1.0, i think i might just riot.
The dude is literally an emo-haired twink wearing a crop top, and they go out of their way to specify that he's of legal age. You couldn't design a bigger femboy thirst trap if you tried.

Last edited:

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Great fucking update. Love the setup and the next version gonna be wild, however.. Can't help but to think HERO will get shredded here. Does Ella look like someone who'd be okay with getting jumped and only having a single countermeasure in place? Worst case, we might even see one of the 5's die. The whole arena seems like a prepared slaughter ground. Perhaps for some sort of ritual...?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Doom Marine

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Can't help but to think HERO will get shredded here. Does Ella look like someone who'd be okay with getting jumped and only having a single countermeasure in place?
Well, the guy who literally sees the future is of the opposite view, and any such countermeasures are probably hard to hide from him. Now it's possible he isn't telling the truth for whatever reason(s) but otherwise it'd be pretty hard to explain Ella suddenly getting granted a full set of Plot Armor +1 and her side getting out of this unscathed in a manner that's a complete surprise.

Anyone of note dying might also be difficult to explain if you have someone on your side who can literally bring dead people back. Unless it's Nyx herself maybe, but then who knows if she can be killed.

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Well, the guy who literally sees the future is of the opposite view, and any such countermeasures are probably hard to hide from him. Now it's possible he isn't telling the truth for whatever reason(s) but otherwise it'd be pretty hard to explain Ella suddenly getting granted a full set of Plot Armor +1 and her side getting out of this unscathed in a manner that's a complete surprise.

Anyone of note dying might also be difficult to explain if you have someone on your side who can literally bring dead people back. Unless it's Nyx herself maybe, but then who knows if she can be killed.
Deus does not seem to be working for any one side. Could have led them to Ella at any point during the game, chose not to. Did not rat out the MC during his snooping in HQ, though that was relatively minor. Giving Valravn back the heart, though? That's not pro-HERO. Not pro-Ella either. His guiding principle seems to be "what happens, must happen" regardless of who gets shredded. And he's a bit too casual about confronting the Hexenring.. Like he doesn't intend to fight at all.

Point to Nyx, but maybe her mark can be overruled by something stronger. or she can't bring back someone that has been atomized. All I know is, this is going too easy and I don't trust it. Especially that Ella got whatever random assortment of items that OG Deryl was making for her. I'm assuming they're not fancy paperweights.

sneed899

Dec 1, 2022
The opportunities for the main cast to evolve or to get stronger are there for sure.
MC will probably do it soon in a fight with Cole most likely.
It's possible Alice will evolve thanks to Clark's power.
Fake Deryl will probably reunite with the real one or get powered up by it.
Michael will maybe find out what's his real power.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
His guiding principle seems to be "what happens, must happen" regardless of who gets shredded.
Yeah, this is the impression of him am getting, which is i could maybe see things turning out not like he "officially" predicted because his actual prediction compelled him to orchestrate such situation. But a massive upset would be hard to sell otherwise.

edit: on the subject of Nyx, from what she says during the wedding her powers seem to be memory-oriented, so maybe this actually is something Ella can mess with. Guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Rosenkranze

Jun 23, 2018
Ella is probably ecstatic they're getting attacked, as her MO tends to be turning multiple people in superhumans, then having them fight in order to make one/both of them stronger like with Kenny, and MC/Jake. Sure, this fight will lead to dozens, if not hundreds of deaths, but the number of evolutions it will inevitably cause most likely makes it a fair trade in her eyes. I also dont't think she necessarily has plans to win, but see her having a plan to grab a handful of valuable allies/assets and escape while leaving most of the fodder behind. Overall it will be interesting though, as neither side seems to think much of the other.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Her arrogance might well have cost Clark and Alice their lives. I'm a little surprised Clark even agreed to power her up.
Why wouldn't Clark agree? Not only is he her teammate but he flat out admitted that he's the weaker lvl 5 out of all of Hero. While it would definitely be better to have him still powered, Nico had a point that it would be more useful for her to have all of her power instead of them equally being halfway drained.

Sure Alice could've died from Nico's action but I'm sure she realized her point as well and accepted it. Though I doubt Xanthe would've let her die since she is extremely important for future dimension opening stuff now. Alice will be rewarded for her contribution like he said before it started, if I recall right.

Note that I'm not saying what Nico did wasn't arrogant. I'm just saying that her reason was valid for the situation and made sense. If she's drained then they lose a lot of options that she provides and a more powerful lvl 5 compared to a weaker one in Clark and a lvl 1 in Alice.

That said, like in my previous post, I feel like she's going to get fucked up by something next update. I don't think it'll be Ella but they seem set on targeting her this update. I doubt she'll be killed but I feel something might happen.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Carefree247

Shadowdragon

May 6, 2017
what caught my attention in this update is that even though they trained intensely for 1 whole month they didn't evolve, none of them, not even Alice who is one of the strongest level 1, while the joker there was 4 levels in a week hahaha, what is the trigger?, because in the mc and Jake there were specific situations to evolve...
That's just it though, it's training. We've only had a chance to evolve due to training once when we expanded ourselves, and it's mentioned that evolutions almost never happen due to training alone. Triggers tend to be either physical (our fight against Klaus) or mental blocks (Jake hurting Mia) possibly linked to the "type" of power one has. Additionally, enough monster matter can forcibly increase one's level, while being the most likely to cause one to fail to keep their sanity.
Most probably, Alice's current situation will force her to evolve. Deryl may well not be able to evolve due to his clone state, though if he gets enough of his main body or if they fuse he might evolve. MC will likely get forced into a corner against monster Deryl or someone else and get his 3rd. Michael though. . . It's hard to say when he'll evolve, due to his incredible battle sense he rarely gets pushed to his limits. If the backup team is still fighting the Deryl chimeras when the signal goes, he might hold the last of them down to let everyone else help you, and end up pushed hard enough that he'll at least get his powers working properly, if not a full evolution.

Midas24

Sep 8, 2017
I remember getting a bad end at I think a party that gets massacred in one playthrough I did because while I had trained a lot, my corruption was too high or something? Didn't expect that lol. Wanna dive back into this, but I remember a LOT of reading. So much in fact that it was a bit far between lewd scenes. Any progress there? And what character arcs would you suggest? And how much do I gotta train and how much corruption is too much?

4.80 star(s) 335 Votes