Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Of course Ella will not respect her promise to Jake, that's obvious but I was expecting that after we kill Jake that his mind control fuckery would "dispel" from everyone affected, saving Mia in the process, but maybe we can cure her before and use her to make Jake lower his guard and kill the fatfuck
Except Mia's case isn't just mindfuckery. He didn't just lock up her mind, he fried her brain because he's too much of a fuckup to not do stupid shit to his friends because some hot bitchy goth tells him to and he wants to be a good lapdog.
Even if his power's effect dissipated on his death, her brain wouldn't heal back up magically since he caused actually physical damage to it, sadly.

I wish so too, but seems physical changes are "easier" than mental ones, and even MC showed can enter in other minds in some degree nothing states it can change them, but who knows, seems his powers are adaptable, so... time will tell.
Well, during his "experiments" in prison, the MC does state that making other's bodies repair damage felt far easier than modifying. I noticed that mention because it felt like it was some sort of hint that fixing Mia's brain with that power wouldn't be far from his reach with practice and carefull use of his powers...

Last edited:

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
You have to fight Jake in the prison. Basically keep your distance from him in your replies and say he's pathetic. You'll fight and then it'll show the 1st and your monster parent(it changes depending on who you chose in the beginning). The 3rd and 4th above are what you see during this part.
You could actually fight him? Wow, 2nd playthru is going to be fun later.

hrhr

May 13, 2019
The tags should include interracial, it caught me by surprise (and it's not a matter of liking it or not, just using tags for what they're supposed to be used for).

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
What is better, go to the TV interview as yourself or the monster fighter? Does it change stats? Probably Opinion but also Affection of Jess for example?

---

Do you ever get the thousand bucks promised by Alice?

---

Is anything in the shop ever relevant outside of solo fun time in the own dorm bed?

Last edited:

Zetsuko

Sep 22, 2016
What is better, go to the TV interview as yourself or the monster fighter? Does it change stats? Probably Opinion but also Affection of Jess for example?

---

Do you ever get the thousand bucks promised by Alice?

---

Is anything in the shop ever relevant outside of solo fun time in the own dorm bed?
The more you tap into the monster, the more power you'll get.

Personally, I'd say go as the monster and be neutral-good.

Blizzard99

Feb 11, 2021
Played the route that led to the Jake fight. Jake’s powers should make it an easy win for him, but guess he’s not confident enough about his abilities. He doesn’t look like he’s as big of a threat as Klaus was tbh. However, I’ll enjoy the finishing off Jake more than Klaus.

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
Played the route that led to the Jake fight. Jake’s powers should make it an easy win for him, but guess he’s not confident enough about his abilities. He doesn’t look like he’s as big of a threat as Klaus was tbh. However, I’ll enjoy the finishing off Jake more than Klaus.
I guess is because Jake is personal

Reactions: Rutonat

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
It's not just a matter of confidence. His power is not absolute, otherwise Ella would have killed him before he could even remotely began to possibily be a threat to her. The MC's specialty, as I stated before, is adaptation, moreso than shapeshifting. He's starting to adapt rather easily to Jake's powers, as you can see in the route where you don't fight him. Takes him barely a few minutes to overcome the mindcontrol.
On simple humans it might be effective, but not on someone who's whole shtick is adaptating to survive.

MuleCurse

May 8, 2017
Curious to see so many people look at Ella as some kind of mastermind chess player.

Maybe I'm looking too deeply into that one early-game dead-end (literally), but Ella can still die to things that creep in the night, and she doesn't know everything about the world. That ending explains it pretty clearly.
Everything about Ella screams "short-sighted cold revenge" plot, and by the end of it all she's gonna look back on it all and think "Oh shit, I did all that?"

The real villain stuff is that dad of Tiffany, the higher-ups in H.E.R.O. and whatever those monsters are doing in the dead of night.
Remember, for all the manipulating that Ella does, the higher-ups in H.E.R.O. are also manipulating Ella - and Ella doesn't even know that. Only we know because we accidentally walked into the reseach lab during Ella's raid.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I didn't even realize the game had a stats screen in the right-click menu.
Too many developers just put huge buttons, that obstruct the screen and I hide via modding, in their game, so I never looked there.
I'm right there with you...

As for me, I have 45 power, 5 skill and no corruption at all.

Reactions: Harathorne

Meh21

Jun 10, 2017
Well, we know power does, since early on there's literally a Power check that get you stuck in a dead end if you don't pass it, so there might be other ones we don't notice...
When fighting Klaus, the MC comments his fighting classes and cheerleader practice helped him somehow so I am assuming there's a skill check there.

Reactions: wiwem71072

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I'm of the thought that the corruption stat is a double edged sword. I assume it gives you better control of your monster trait and gives resistence to others(Kenny at the party when you devour him) but at the potential cost of your own humanity/becoming a monster.

Also the MC seems to talk to himself(or his monster parent) at times. I don't know if corruption plays a part in this or not. Like in the Prison when you're doing the lady officer thing, he talks to himself and then a Orange speech thing appears. This also happened earlier in the game. I'm not sure if that's a spoof or a legit thing.

I play too corruption based so I can't notice these differences but if any of you did that Prison thing, when he first gets put in solitary confinement by the female guard. Did that Orange Dialogue thing appeared there as well, even with little to no corruption?

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Cool, I didn't even know you could fight Jake.
Lot's of alternative content if you do.
It seems to be triggered by calling Jake a piece of shit, which isn't obvious since you only attack him a few choices later.

The choice to fuck Snow White's tits doesn't have any prerequisites, unless there's more than 2 routes in prison.

I don't like this route though, since you don't get to save the cute brown girl and antagonize good guy Jake.
I like it because Jake thinks you're dead until Ella spills the beans and it shows that my MC is hostile towards him and is going to kill him. I also wasn't interested in saving the girl at the prison. Just my preferred playstyle really. Plus you get to see the 1st and your monster parent(3rd or 4th) talking if did it that way which I found great.

• Sad

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I can't recall that from quickly playing through this route earlier.
Maybe it only happens with high corruption (I have 1).
What? Even that is tied to corruption? On one hand, that's amazing that the Dev decided to implement differences based on playstyle. But, this could leave a lot of people in the dark about certain stuff across the board.

Reactions: Dysphorika

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Well, it's possible I overlooked some text, because some text sections are identical between routes and not auto-skippable, but I definitely didn't see any images of monsters.
You should get these pics below during the confrontation with Jake in prison. The 3rd(Black/Blue one) only appears if you chose them in the beginning. The 1st is the one at the very bottom.

mcmng

May 19, 2020
What? Even that is tied to corruption? On one hand, that's amazing that the Dev decided to implement differences based on playstyle. But, this could leave a lot of people in the dark about certain stuff across the board.
The most reliable way to check if any of this is true is by looking through the .rpy files contained in <game's main folder>\game\scripts folder, but since this game has come a long way already there are thousands of lines of code to check and I don't have enough free time to look them over myself.

Meh21

Jun 10, 2017
It would be interesting to get great differences on approaches depending on your stats besides bad ends, but I imagine that would make every update take longer for little gain.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I play too corruption based so I can't notice these differences but if any of you did that Prison thing, when he first gets put in solitary confinement by the female guard. Did that Orange Dialogue thing appeared there as well, even with little to no corruption?
As someone with a no corruption run, I can tell you I don't remember ever seeing any orange speech outside of the Klaus fight evolution scene.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
As someone with a no corruption run, I can tell you I don't remember ever seeing any orange speech outside of the Klaus fight evolution scene.
Wait, you didn't even get it when the MC first broke Jake's Mind thing and remembered, last update? The Orange Dialogue talks to you there as well.

4.80 star(s) 333 Votes