Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I just noticed what Alice's main theme was... Am I the only one getting major Vampire The Mascarade: Bloodlines vibes from it ?
I mean, it does work with the character's concept and looks but still...

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Never played it
I can only recommend it, to be honest. I rarely had that much fun with a game, and if you decide to play Malkavian, you not only have a lot of fun options, but also get some insight on some stuff that not other clan gets, especially on a specific character...

Reactions: Dysphorika

Meh21

Jun 10, 2017
I can only recommend it, to be honest. I rarely had that much fun with a game, and if you decide to play Malkavian, you not only have a lot of fun options, but also get some insight on some stuff that not other clan gets, especially on a specific character...
Aside from the atrocious buggy fighting... Yeah, I recommend as well.

Meh21

Jun 10, 2017
There's been fanmade patches for a while now. Never had much issues playing the game.
Last time I played a few years back the fighting was still nothing but a pain. I don't know if it's better now, but when I recommend that game I always advise people to go for the narrative.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Last time I played a few years back the fighting was still nothing but a pain. I don't know if it's better now, but when I recommend that game I always advise people to go for the narrative.
Well, it is based on a TTRPG as far as I know, so going to it for amazing action gameplay is the wrong way to look at it anyway...

Reactions: Darth_Meow_504

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I wouldn't recommend playing Malkavian first. You won't really get it if you did. It's best to play one of the other clans first and then when you go back and play as a Malkavian you can see all the wild stuff they knew.

At least that's the advice my friends told me. I haven't beat the game yet. I'm just saving it all for when the 2nd game comes out, even though it'll follow a different version(5th Edition?) for the Vampires.

If you haven't already and are a fan of Vampire the Masquerade, you should try the game "Rebirth" on here. It's pretty good if you wanted that type of thing. I need to get back into it myself.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I wouldn't recommend playing Malkavian first. You won't really get it if you did. It's best to play one of the other clans first and then when you go back and play as a Malkavian you can see all the wild stuff they knew.
Really ? I played Malkavian first and didn't had much issues understanding stuff. And I wasn't all that familiar with the whole World of Darkness thing back then...

If you haven't already and are a fan of Vampire the Masquerade, you should try the game "Rebirth" on here. It's pretty good if you wanted that type of thing. I need to get back into it myself.
You mean this one ? Becuase there's a lot of threads with "Rebirth" in their title here...

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Really ? I played Malkavian first and didn't had much issues understanding stuff. And I wasn't all that familiar with the whole World of Darkness thing back then...

You mean this one ? Becuase there's a lot of threads with "Rebirth" in their title here...
That's just what my friends told me about it. Also, yeah that's the one.

Reactions: Rutonat

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I hope there is an option to turn Jake into a pile of meat next because he wasn't convincing and I despise him even more now.

Reactions: RevyTwoHands87

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
The dev said next update will bring Jake's part of the story to it's end, so likely we'll be able to smear him across the walls.
Can't help but feel bothered by how many resources will be wasted on his 'friendship' path if there is one.

Meh21

Jun 10, 2017
Well, it is based on a TTRPG as far as I know, so going to it for amazing action gameplay is the wrong way to look at it anyway...
I mean, Redemption had a decent combat system but it was slower and sorta turn based. Bloodlines tried going on a sorta heck and slash path that was basically mashing the same buttons all the time. It ain't a bad game, but when you look at the combat it's more about tolerating than enjoying.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I mean, Redemption had a decent combat system but it was slower and sorta turn based. Bloodlines tried going on a sorta heck and slash path that was basically mashing the same buttons all the time. It ain't a bad game, but when you look at the combat it's more about tolerating than enjoying.
It's also a pretty old game, keep in mind. Translating a TTRPG to action-RPG wasn't has much a known science back then.

Meh21

Jun 10, 2017
It's also a pretty old game, keep in mind. Translating a TTRPG to action-RPG wasn't has much a known science back then.
I myself am a fan of turn based combat for rpgs.
Maybe if they had more time and more budget it would have gone better? I don't know, I just wish that game ended up having a better combat system to complement the great dialogue tree, narrative, atmosphere and of course coming from Vampire the Masquerade which is an universe I am very much into.

Reactions: Darth_Meow_504

MuleCurse

May 8, 2017

The main problem with starting with a Malk playthrough is that it spoils some story stuff early on. Important story stuff.
BTW, just saying that Anarch-friendly Tremere is BEST route.

Also, this whole Jake storyline is making me very worried about other powered characters... it seems you need some good mental strength to hold it together. And Jake was just a mess from day one. Even ignoring Ella's machinations, his post-power-up interactions with the bully (Jared?) make it clear he really shouldn't have gotten any powers... dude was a ticking timebomb, and he had so many chances to ask for help from the MC. But he didn't because he kept thinking about dumb imaginary bullshit.

Reactions: Dysphorika

Meh21

Jun 10, 2017
The main problem with starting with a Malk playthrough is that it spoils some story stuff early on. Important story stuff.
BTW, just saying that Anarch-friendly Tremere is BEST route.

Also, this whole Jake storyline is making me very worried about other powered characters... it seems you need some good mental strength to hold it together. And Jake was just a mess from day one. Even ignoring Ella's machinations, his post-power-up interactions with the bully (Jared?) make it clear he really shouldn't have gotten any powers... dude was a ticking timebomb, and he had so many chances to ask for help from the MC. But he didn't because he kept thinking about dumb imaginary bullshit.
I think the point of his character is that he was the possibly most unprepared person to receive his powers in the situation he was in. He's the closest to a typical insecure teenager with the most mundane problems and a narrow world view. Regardless if he had gotten those powers or not, he would eventually have to grow and greatly change the way he thinks and acts.
Looking closely, he seems equally as confused and as helpless before, like a retarded teenager who doesn't know wtf is going on half of the time, he simply has the power to act on his most negative emotions and Ella nurtured some of his worse traits.

Oper4tor

Average FN FAL Enjoyer
Game Developer
Mar 13, 2022
The whole side-plot of Jake's character is great, from the moment i saw him being bullied i knew he was gonna get turned.
And from there was either death by becoming a unstable monster or a rival, and a rival he became.
NGL, first i felt sorry for him, later i understood he needs to die ASAP.

Reactions: RevyTwoHands87
4.80 star(s) 329 Votes