PotatoFace26

Aug 3, 2019
Does anybody have a link to a guide for gaining power (beyond the obvious like training asap and eating whenever you can)?

Looking to make my second playthrough a bit more min maxxed and the walthrough pdf linked in the OP is a bit TOO broad. Focused on everything.

Reactions: Dysphorika

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
not the same, the MC had 2 after him, and it still doesn't explain how she knows the mistery behind his scar if even he doesn't.
The MC hasn't been shown to have amnesia regarding any lost siblings. The MC doesn't have any sisters or brothers.

Do you know where it's stated Ella knows about his scars? I don't remember that from the story, but I might have overlooked it.

If Ella does know anything about his scars it's probably because of her eyes. The MC's power is concentrated in his spine, and gives him his tail. Ella's powers are likely concentrated in her eyes. You can kinda see it in the artwork. One of the most distinctive parts of Ella are her crazy eyes. But more than just the artwork we know Ella has special vision because Deus outright states that she does, and she might have been being partially truthful when she told Jake about her super power being her vision.

Ella has been shown to be able to identify the evolution and power rating of a superhuman by vision, and she can also see which people are compatible with a monster's infection along with which they are most compatible with according to both their genetics and their overall mental state. It's also possible that she's able to see what's up with the MC's scars similarly through that vision.

Reactions: King_In_Yellow

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
The MC hasn't been shown to have amnesia regarding any lost siblings. The MC doesn't have any sisters or brothers.

Do you know where it's stated Ella knows about his scars? I don't remember that from the story, but I might have overlooked it.

If Ella does know anything about his scars it's probably because of her eyes. The MC's power is concentrated in his spine, and gives him his tail. Ella's powers are likely concentrated in her eyes. You can kinda see it in the artwork. One of the most distinctive parts of Ella are her crazy eyes. But more than just the artwork we know Ella has special vision because Deus outright states that she does, and she might have been being partially truthful when she told Jake about her super power being her vision.

Ella has been shown to be able to identify the evolution and power rating of a superhuman by vision, and she can also see which people are compatible with a monster's infection along with which they are most compatible with according to both their genetics and their overall mental state. It's also possible that she's able to see what's up with the MC's scars similarly through that vision.
She mentions knowing about the MC scars in her last time talking to the MC, it happens in the last optional training event, thats why most people miss it, she seens to know more about the MC but can't reveal it just yet and then mentions that she will reveal more about the scar or something like that.
Powers in most movies and such when inside a bloodline are not always identical, but the way they function almost always are, so we could fit it in a game too, the way the MC and Ella powers work is different, but their functions(black tentacles, changing shape, even their mass manipulation) are virtually the same... only thing that changes are from where their source comes from, like i said, im not speaking as a fact, im just leaving one idea that could potentially have some truth to it.

Reactions: King_In_Yellow

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
She mentions knowing about the MC scars in her last time talking to the MC, it happens in the last optional training event, thats why most people miss it, she seens to know more about the MC but can't reveal it just yet and then mentions that she will reveal more about the scar or something like that.
Powers in most movies and such when inside a bloodline are not always identical, but the way they function almost always are, so we could fit it in a game too, the way the MC and Ella powers work is different, but their functions(black tentacles, changing shape, even their mass manipulation) are virtually the same... only thing that changes are from where their source comes from, like i said, im not speaking as a fact, im just leaving one idea that could potentially have some truth to it.
I'll go back over that scene, thanks for pointing it out.

I guess you could kinda say MC and Ella are either siblings or cousins, but that's because they get their powers from the same monsters, and not due to any mortal blood relationship. Ella received her powers from the 3rd and MC from either the 3rd or 4th, but both of those monsters have the same powers. That's why they have powers that are so closely related.

We also know Charlie and Oscar were siblings, but there is no similarity in the powers that they received, and that's because they were infected by different monsters.

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
I just thought of something...
There is a possibility that the MC is Ella's brother, would explain why they have basically identical powers and how she thinks she might know something about his eye scar.
Wouldn't be far fetched since Ella's known brother literally asked her to take his virginity as a bday present...
Or im just overthinking too much and its all a coincidence.
Monster siblings yes at least Alabama cousins if they get handsy they are both Eldrich spawn ella more body horror and lets be honest since most pick Mommy as progenitor the MC of the mind corruptor kind. Now why she is hard on doing the yandere shit maybe something that has to be with what happen to the MC human mother maybe she Killed her and ate her. Who knows?

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Very well put, they think just because the MC increases his power faster than most he can all of a sudden make miracles, he in multiple ocasions defeats people with evolution above his, he in multiple ocasions gets defeated due to his inexperience(by defeat i mean he is either on a critical state and comes back or hes in critical state and someone intervenes) and like you said, right now the MC has power and skill equivalent to the average lvl3 due to his experiences and is able to easily defeat lvl2 sups at HERO, but expecting the MC to be able to defeat lvl4 and lvl5 sups with his second evolution is just plain stupid, i can easily say that 99.9% of this comunity would prefer to live than to attack a lvl4 or lvl5 at HERO and be teleported into the sun or be desintegrated with a blast on the spot, i say 99.9% because there is always someone that will choose to attack for the sake of "pride", basically the Vegeta from the community.
Yeah. I've said for months that if Nico came after us, we'd never be able to escape her. She doesn't even need to be strong for your average lvl 5. Her stats alone would still be way above the MC and you pair that with her teleportation. The MC can't fight or run away from her, especially at lvl 2.

I just thought of something...
There is a possibility that the MC is Ella's brother, would explain why they have basically identical powers and how she thinks she might know something about his eye scar.
Wouldn't be far fetched since Ella's known brother literally asked her to take his virginity as a bday present...
Or im just overthinking too much and its all a coincidence.
Ella already knew about the scars from when the MC first visited her orphanage. I don't think they're related in that way. She most likely stalked him early on or did some research into him at the time. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if she actually killed his mom and gave him the scars herself while she was under the influence of her monster, the 3rd.
AFAIK they have similar powers because they got the same monster.
Correct. They're monster siblings. Ella has said it numerous times in game. Last update officially confirmed that Ella's parent is the 3rd which you can share with her. If you chose that in the beginning. Most people chose the 4th though because Mommy's the best.

Does anybody have a link to a guide for gaining power (beyond the obvious like training asap and eating whenever you can)?

Looking to make my second playthrough a bit more min maxxed and the walthrough pdf linked in the OP is a bit TOO broad. Focused on everything.
I believe someone posted their own in this thread at some point. They'll either pop back up and tag you with it or you can search through the thread for it. I never used it, personally, though so I'm not sure how efficient it was but it should help you some.

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
Correct. They're monster siblings. Ella has said it numerous times in game. Last update officially confirmed that Ella's parent is the 3rd which you can share with her. If you chose that in the beginning. Most people chose the 4th though because Mommy's the best.
Lets be real people choose the fourth because of the mutant blowjob

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Lets be real people choose the fourth because of the mutant blowjob
True.

Wow really?
i thought mc is her brother considering he have the same hairstyle
Yeah, it was revealed via a character card. I called it months ago that Charlie and Oscar were siblings. Too much was lined up for them. It would also be way too unlikely that the MC completely forgot he had a sister when the attack happened 5 years ago but he remembers everything before and after it happened.

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
Thats ella Eldrich form. like the MC is the flesh armor
Considering that monster kills Ella, it's highly unlikely that monster is also Ella.

That monster is one that is unknown to Ella, and we haven't found out much about it so far.

The tentacle of that monster was reused for the monster that infected Valravyn, so it could be the monster "King" that Valravyn talks about after his fight.

Reactions: DrakoGhoul

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
Considering that monster kills Ella, it's highly unlikely that monster is also Ella.

That monster is one that is unknown to Ella, and we haven't found out much about it so far.

The tentacle of that monster was reused for the monster that infected Valravyn, so it could be the monster "King" that Valravyn talks about after his fight.
Its probably the monster that Ella wants the MC to defeat or consume, that ending is called too strong too early or something on those lines, i forgot the name, but it's something that elludes to you not having to face it yet, but right now most of the misteries of the game are something you can't really figure out until its given to us i guess.

• Thinking Face

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
I mean i believed that light was the Stone ella was looking for before the beach event after alexis went full sargeras planet size sword.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Wait...
then whose monster is this?
View attachment 2226597
Unknown currently. It seems to be Valravn's master and could be the lesser form of this "King/Lord/God" monster that the numbered came from.

Its probably the monster that Ella wants the MC to defeat or consume, that ending is called too strong too early or something on those lines, i forgot the name, but it's something that elludes to you not having to face it yet, but right now most of the misteries of the game are something you can't really figure out until its given to us i guess.
That ending is called that because the MC revealed too much of his strength too soon. That Monster wasn't there for the MC or even Ella. It was there for the 4th as it eats her after she's killed before it hunts down the MC.

I don't recall it actually killing Ella. We only see it killing and then eating the 4th before hunting the MC. Ella just stands there terrified. Though, I guess it's safe to say it killed her too.

As for it being Ella, there's a chance it could be, if time travel is possible. But yeah, I don't think it's her. They do have a similar ability in the form of being able to turn the sky dark but that's about it.

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
Unknown currently. It seems to be Valravn's master and could be the lesser form of this "King/Lord/God" monster that the numbered came from.

That ending is called that because the MC revealed too much of his strength too soon. That Monster wasn't there for the MC or even Ella. It was there for the 4th as it eats her after she's killed before it hunts down the MC.

I don't recall it actually killing Ella. We only see it killing and then eating the 4th before hunting the MC. Ella just stands there terrified. Though, I guess it's safe to say it killed her too.

As for it being Ella, there's a chance it could be, if time travel is possible. But yeah, I don't think it's her. They do have a similar ability in the form of being able to turn the sky dark but that's about it.
Im at that point where i throw as much crap as possible in hopes that some of it sticks, it gives me some level of pleasure i guess, but there is nothing there to begin with to be sure it sticks, but that's the beauty of this community, its a theory fest of sorts for most games.

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
not the same, the MC had 2 after him, and it still doesn't explain how she knows the mistery behind his scar if even he doesn't.
But still superhuman gets the power of their "parent" monster, not by genetics.
IE: even if they were brothers doesn't mean they go to have the same powers.

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
I'll go back over that scene, thanks for pointing it out.

I guess you could kinda say MC and Ella are either siblings or cousins, but that's because they get their powers from the same monsters, and not due to any mortal blood relationship. Ella received her powers from the 3rd and MC from either the 3rd or 4th, but both of those monsters have the same powers. That's why they have powers that are so closely related.

We also know Charlie and Oscar were siblings, but there is no similarity in the powers that they received, and that's because they were infected by different monsters.
Exactly

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes