N1CKs001

Nov 12, 2021
Can we get a summary of the MC's ability and what we think his Level 3 upgrade or new power would be? Along with the lines similar to Prototype? Cause I think I can safely say MC ability is similar to Prototype

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Can we get a summary of the MC's ability and what we think his Level 3 upgrade or new power would be? Along with the lines similar to Prototype? Cause I think I can safely say MC ability is similar to Prototype
Well, he's similar to Barbapapa too, except he's the 18+ warforged version... Alex Mercer in Prototype is a result of some laboratory designed virus, MC is the result of some infection by a monster from another dimension...
They just happen to have a lot similarities, but there's no reason to assume they will follow the same growth pattern or will always get the same powers and abilities... They're both shapeshifters, that alone will result in many similarities and that concept is way older than Prototype... (wendigo, mimic, Zeus... there's many more shapeshifters)

Anyway, his abilities : inreased strength, shapeshifting and forming extra limbs or other bodyparts, memory reading, copy traits from animals and combining them and apply them to himself, forming metal parts on his body and limbs, fast regeneration, an inner voice that's somehow linked to his monster parent or tree... weakness to electricity, however that will most likely result in even faster regeneration in the future... a somewhat autonomically acting tail and increased spinal functionality... Can compress a body to tennis ball size, can change objects and/or their colors....

As for what to expect in terms of abilities gained from his next evolution? That's gonna be hard to predict, we know the potential for that is largely dependent on what powers and abilities his monster parent has (and we know very little) and it's also a matter of what his body and mind will activate... We know Jake gained his powers in a way that his personality affected how his powers manifested... We know Ella's powers are based in her eyes/sight, MC's in his spine, no doubt we will see different results even if both have the same parent...

So my prediction? MC's spine will evolve more autonomy, resulting in MC being able to handle more limbs just by instinct...
MC's weakness to electricity will turn into his biggest strength by being able to directly turn it into regeneration or even direct it into other functions in his favor. (shooting needles or forming "flesh" shields etc etc) And i expect his "copy and apply to himself" skills will grow more and more effectively... We may get some powers based on who we ate (or the eye from shop).

But some teleport skills and shields against mental powers or energy based attacks would be very nice too....
Ella on her fifth evolution gets some aura that at least partly does that, so i guess we'll have to evolve a bit more for that..
Either way, it will be better than the second evolution but we need the fourth and fifth to be even bigger.... ;)

Last edited:

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
Well, he's similar to Barbapapa too, except he's the 18+ warforged version... Alex Mercer in Prototype is a result of some laboratory designed virus, MC is the result of some infection by a monster from another dimension...
They just happen to have a lot similarities, but there's no reason to assume they will follow the same growth pattern or will always get the same powers and abilities... They're both shapeshifters, that alone will result in many similarities and that concept is way older than Prototype... (wendigo, mimic, Zeus... there's many more shapeshifters)

Anyway, his abilities : inreased strength, shapeshifting and forming extra limbs or other bodyparts, memory reading, copy traits from animals and combining them and apply them to himself, forming metal parts on his body and limbs, fast regeneration, an inner voice that's somehow linked to his monster parent or tree... weakness to electricity, however that will most likely result in even faster regeneration in the future... a somewhat autonomically acting tail and increased spinal functionality... Can compress a body to tennis ball size, can change objects and/or their colors....

As for what to expect in terms of abilities gained from his next evolution? That's gonna be hard to predict, we know the potential for that is largely dependent on what powers and abilities his monster parent has (and we know very little) and it's also a matter of what his body and mind will activate... We know Jake gained his powers in a way that his personality affected how his powers manifested... We know Ella's powers are based in her eyes/sight, MC's in his spine, no doubt we will see different results even if both have the same parent...

So my prediction? MC's spine will evolve more autonomy, resulting in MC being able to handle more limbs just by instinct...
MC's weakness to electricity will turn into his biggest strength by being able to directly turn it into regeneration or even direct it into other functions in his favor. (shooting needles or forming "flesh" shields etc etc) And i expect his "copy and apply to himself" skills will grow more and more effectively... We may get some powers based on who we ate (or the eye from shop).

But some teleport skills and shields against mental powers or energy based attacks would be very nice too....
Ella on her fifth evolution gets some aura that at least partly does that, so i guess we'll have to evolve a bit more for that..
Either way, it will be better than the second evolution but we need the fourth and fifth to be even bigger.... ;)
When the MC was evolving he felt his power concentrated in his spine, both at the tailbone and at the base of his skull.
Jake also felt his power concentrated at the base of his skull before he blacked out during his evolution. Also, Deus said that the MC didn't have Ella's vision, but Ella didn't have the MC's understanding, so I think all of that is foreshadowing an enhanced mental part to the MC's power that is likely to get stronger with the next evolution.
There was already the joke of the MC asking Alice if she saw Power +1 after they trained, which I also think is going to be the base of his enhanced understanding.
I'm really not sure how that's going to further manifest in the story though.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Since we're on this topic. With evolution lvl 3 coming soon-ish(it has to come eventually Dev!), I'll give my own view on how I see it looking and the additions. Keep in mind that I don't really see most of this coming to the game and would be shocked if it did.

So to start. I'll assume, just like his 2nd Evolution, that he has a sort of transformation or mode shift to visualize himself using that lvl of power. The way I see this lvl 3 "form" is him reverting back to his shorter self(slightly taller than when he was human). He'll shorten the distance between his tailbone and head. This will allow his power to flow throughout his body at an even greater accelerated rate. It will also increase his transformation and energy recovery speed as well. At least, that's my headcanon for it.

More into his looks. His hair would be the same(a bit longer) but now are tentacles. Similar to how the 4th looks but more in line with how FMC and Ella's hair looks with poison lacing them. Meanwhile, his tail will gain more sentience and coordinate even better with him during fights. His armor would mostly look the same but more refined.

Now we're at the power section. With his 3rd Evolution, he should now be able to form mental links without touching but it's weaker based on the distance and how strong the target is. He'll also be able to scan and absorb memories from a distance as well. When it comes to shapeshifting, he can now shift down into microscopic lifeforms, like tardigrades, and learn their traits or recreate the most deadly ones for for biological attacks. His regeneration would also now be on par with Ella's(lvl 4).

Finally, to the stuff involving his monster parent. Now I can safely say this ain't happening at all in game but it's cool as shit. That thing would be him linking his mind/memories to his parent and/or their plane to store a copy of himself. As long as he can establish a connection, he can regenerate from complete destruction. It's similar to my previous theory(about using other's memory of him, that he syncs to, to regen) but is more reliant on having a strong connection to his monster parent. This will also allow him to abandon his body completely and reform at any place in his recent memories. Kind of like how the 3rd and 4th turned to goo and disappeared after turning the MC.

That's how I see MC's Evolution lvl 3 being. I think it'll focus more on the memory aspect more than his shapeshifting. Not that it's going to actually happen, mind you. It's just what I hypothetical think his lvl 3 traits and additions could be. I really do need to go touch some grass but this memory stuff just reminded me of something else. I'll make a post about it later.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I think it'll focus more on the memory aspect more than his shapeshifting.
If he gets any power based on the people he ate, there are strong indications they're going to be mind control or influence...
You can eat Kenny ; Kenny spits oil to create "soldiers", we know from Bailey she got telepathic orders from Kenny...
You can eat Jake ; Jake's powers speak for themselves... You can eat Calvin the researcher at HERO ; "Calvin's area of research being into monster thought patterns and psychology." You can kill Demi, but you don't eat her/his memories, weird enough these powers are in the mental/influence area too, so it would fit with the others...

You can eat the 4 thugs in the cafe ; thug memories, maybe useful for your work with Alice but otherwise unknown..
You can eat Eric and his 2 henchman, but besides being manipulative crooks they don't seem to give any specific knowledge. (enough to finish your plan, but that's most likely related to helping out Liz and possibly Lucy)
You can eat AB, but you're to tired to even process the content, you just store his knowledge in case you ever need it...
You can kill Nikki, but no mention of gaining any memories, you just kill, compress the body and trash it...
Just corrupted people, besides more corruption the only thing i see coming from this is decreased morals...
Corruption level is important for submitting monsters, that alone can be valuable... Downside being your tail, that thing might turn into the next serial killer just by itself...

You can eat the farmer, but since you already ate his herd you only are about to vomit, no info on any knowledge gained.
You can eat the milkmonster ; no mention of memories gained, but the milk Angelina produces regenerates/heals...
There's a connection between farmers and milk.... But besides starting a career in monster dairy farms, there's no obvious benefit from that. But again they increase your corruption....

And finally you can eat Christie ; dead end though, so that's definitely useless in terms of gaining powers...

If we can eat Deryl in the future, that might fit in as well, but more in terms of controlling summons, something Kenny's powers already offer, but Deryl getting 4 heads so 4 brains, might indicate greater autonomy for your "summons" or splitting yourself.. Charly and Zara would fit a possible mental power gained too, if we ever get the option to eat them...

Reactions: Buck_ and N1CKs001

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
This will also allow him to abandon his body completely and reform at any place in his recent memories. Kind of like how the 3rd and 4th turned to goo and disappeared after turning the MC.
Ella "Haha, as if I could be killed so easily. You could vaporize my body and I'd still survive if there was even the slightest trace of me remaining."

From the dead end after your first fight if you didn't train : (you're on your first evolution here, lol)

Female "Ugh. Call Malik will you? Tell him to come over here and torch the remains. This guy had some of the best regenerative powers I've ever seen, he was definitely infected by an S class."
Female "Who knows, he might be able to come back from even this."

You "(Ugh. Where am I? What happened?)"
You "(W-what's this heat, I-)"
"A scorching inferno engulfs my helpless form, erasing me from existence, leaving no trace of my flesh and blood behind."

Seems liquifying like the monsters did after your infection, and you did during your fight with Valravn is the basis of the shapeshifting ability, once infected you start "melting"... However cutting of your head when captured by Klaus, or surviving being cut in half by Klaus, is due to your regenerative powers, if we look at Ella we see the same ; only a small part needs to survive to regenerate, it can be liquid or in Ella's case just vapor...

Reactions: N1CKs001

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
If he gets any power based on the people he ate, there are strong indications they're going to be mind control or influence...
You can eat Kenny ; Kenny spits oil to create "soldiers", we know from Bailey she got telepathic orders from Kenny...
You can eat Jake ; Jake's powers speak for themselves... You can eat Calvin the researcher at HERO ; "Calvin's area of research being into monster thought patterns and psychology." You can kill Demi, but you don't eat her/his memories, weird enough these powers are in the mental/influence area too, so it would fit with the others...

You can eat the 4 thugs in the cafe ; thug memories, maybe useful for your work with Alice but otherwise unknown..
You can eat Eric and his 2 henchman, but besides being manipulative crooks they don't seem to give any specific knowledge. (enough to finish your plan, but that's most likely related to helping out Liz and possibly Lucy)
You can eat AB, but you're to tired to even process the content, you just store his knowledge in case you ever need it...
You can kill Nikki, but no mention of gaining any memories, you just kill, compress the body and trash it...
Just corrupted people, besides more corruption the only thing i see coming from this is decreased morals...
Corruption level is important for submitting monsters, that alone can be valuable... Downside being your tail, that thing might turn into the next serial killer just by itself...

You can eat the farmer, but since you already ate his herd you only are about to vomit, no info on any knowledge gained.
You can eat the milkmonster ; no mention of memories gained, but the milk Angelina produces regenerates/heals...
There's a connection between farmers and milk.... But besides starting a career in monster dairy farms, there's no obvious benefit from that. But again they increase your corruption....

And finally you can eat Christie ; dead end though, so that's definitely useless in terms of gaining powers...

If we can eat Deryl in the future, that might fit in as well, but more in terms of controlling summons, something Kenny's powers already offer, but Deryl getting 4 heads so 4 brains, might indicate greater autonomy for your "summons" or splitting yourself.. Charly and Zara would fit a possible mental power gained too, if we ever get the option to eat them...
Ella "Haha, as if I could be killed so easily. You could vaporize my body and I'd still survive if there was even the slightest trace of me remaining."

From the dead end after your first fight if you didn't train : (you're on your first evolution here, lol)

Female "Ugh. Call Malik will you? Tell him to come over here and torch the remains. This guy had some of the best regenerative powers I've ever seen, he was definitely infected by an S class."
Female "Who knows, he might be able to come back from even this."

You "(Ugh. Where am I? What happened?)"
You "(W-what's this heat, I-)"
"A scorching inferno engulfs my helpless form, erasing me from existence, leaving no trace of my flesh and blood behind."

Seems liquifying like the monsters did after your infection, and you did during your fight with Valravn is the basis of the shapeshifting ability, once infected you start "melting"... However cutting of your head when captured by Klaus, or surviving being cut in half by Klaus, is due to your regenerative powers, if we look at Ella we see the same ; only a small part needs to survive to regenerate, it can be liquid or in Ella's case just vapor...
???

Keep in mind that I don't really see most of this coming to the game and would be shocked if it did.

N1CKs001

Nov 12, 2021
Wonder would the next update emphasize more on the corruption level like depending on your corruption level on how your power becomes more stronger but with caveats like you become more and more evil or bad, maybe unhinged like what we saw in one of the bad ends

Though I'm hoping like a balance between good and corrupt like certain choice its better to kill of and consume the person for the power etc, thoughts?

syuura1

Aug 21, 2019
Wow, I've been reading alot of the comments on this thread and realized how much of the story I either missed or did not understand. As I want to have a better understanding of the lore, I have some questions I hope others can answer:

1) I was under the impression that you were infected by both the 3rd and 4th, but reading through comments it seems to be one or the other. The ability you get (shapeshifting) doesn't change no matter which monster infects you, so does that mean both the 3rd and 4th have the same power?

2) Could someone tell me the point where the Numbered monsters are described as being 12 in number?

3) What exactly are the pieces Ella is collecting, and what is their purpose?

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
Wow, I've been reading alot of the comments on this thread and realized how much of the story I either missed or did not understand. As I want to have a better understanding of the lore, I have some questions I hope others can answer:

1) I was under the impression that you were infected by both the 3rd and 4th, but reading through comments it seems to be one or the other. The ability you get (shapeshifting) doesn't change no matter which monster infects you, so does that mean both the 3rd and 4th have the same power?

2) Could someone tell me the point where the Numbered monsters are described as being 12 in number?

1) You get two aspects of the power of the 3rd or 4th. Their shapeshifting power and their memory reading power. Both of them are shown to be capable of using each of those powers when they infect you. As far as we've seen the 4th is a stronger mind reader than the 3rd, but we haven't witnessed any other differences between the two other than their appearance yet in the story.
Valravyn calls the 3rd the Body and the 4th the Memory, so there are implied differences between them, but nothing that's been shown so far to further differentiate between them.

2) I don't remember the exact quote, but Alice's monster parent the Blue Fairy tells you a little bit when it talks to you after the car crash.
Edit: I might have misremembered this. It was either there or when the MC had the vision when they were evolving that made reference to the 12 numbered.

3) They seem to be fossilized pieces of an ancient monster, but the last update showed that Deryl's Monster Form was able to make an effigy to replace one out of other objects. We don't know what purpose Ella has for collecting them yet.

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Wonder would the next update emphasize more on the corruption level like depending on your corruption level on how your power becomes more stronger but with caveats like you become more and more evil or bad, maybe unhinged like what we saw in one of the bad ends

Though I'm hoping like a balance between good and corrupt like certain choice its better to kill of and consume the person for the power etc, thoughts?
More corruption will most likely lead to your tail acting by itself and more aggressively too. Also you'll likely have more trouble to prevent your tentacles eating people. But you'll get more chances to make monsters submit to you as well...
Corruption decreases your humanity, it means your instincts will decide your actions instead of your reasoning...

I don't know if it necessarily means zero corruption is "good" or that corruption means "evil".. Full corruption can only be achieved by committing evil acts, but i don't think every person you can eat/kill now is an evil act by itself...
Eating Kenny gives corruption, killing Kenny doesn't. Eating the milkmonster gives corruption, dumping it's body doesn't.
Bailey even wants you to eat her... And i can understand Jake, but only to a certain point, i really don't see killing him as an evil act by itself. Same for Danica, Eric, AB, there's a certain feeling of justice killing them, but if it's worth it in the end?

The corruption path will lead to you becoming a monster... The zero corruption path will be that of a zealot, but you'll keep your humanity... The path of you acting like the judge will be somewhere in between and might actually be the most interesting, you're not bound to bloodlust and not restricted by honor and being forgiving at against your feeling of justice...
I have 3 saves ; full corruption, zero corruption and one pragmatic. (eat for +power or possible future abilities only)

Possibly eating certain people will give some abilities, same as high corruption, but the shop eye could give abilities too.
The difference in power right now is not that big, but in the endgame it could be huge, but on the zero corruption path you can rely on allies, on the full corruption path you most likely ate them all... But i hope next update makes things more clear.

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
More corruption will most likely lead to your tail acting by itself and more aggressively too. Also you'll likely have more trouble to prevent your tentacles eating people. But you'll get more chances to make monsters submit to you as well...
Corruption decreases your humanity, it means your instincts will decide your actions instead of your reasoning...

I don't know if it necessarily means zero corruption is "good" or that corruption means "evil".. Full corruption can only be achieved by committing evil acts, but i don't think every person you can eat/kill now is an evil act by itself...
Eating Kenny gives corruption, killing Kenny doesn't. Eating the milkmonster gives corruption, dumping it's body doesn't.
Bailey even wants you to eat her... And i can understand Jake, but only to a certain point, i really don't see killing him as an evil act by itself. Same for Danica, Eric, AB, there's a certain feeling of justice killing them, but if it's worth it in the end?

The corruption path will lead to you becoming a monster... The zero corruption path will be that of a zealot, but you'll keep your humanity... The path of you acting like the judge will be somewhere in between and might actually be the most interesting, you're not bound to bloodlust and not restricted by honor and being forgiving at against your feeling of justice...
I have 3 saves ; full corruption, zero corruption and one pragmatic. (eat for +power or possible future abilities only)

Possibly eating certain people will give some abilities, same as high corruption, but the shop eye could give abilities too.
The difference in power right now is not that big, but in the endgame it could be huge, but on the zero corruption path you can rely on allies, on the full corruption path you most likely ate them all... But i hope next update makes things more clear.
The game keeps track of a hidden morality stat as well as your corruption to determine if you're good or evil, so it could be a bit more complicated than just your corruption dictating your actions. You might be more instinctive, but if you have high morality you might still commit more good acts than evil acts since that's the basic nature of your character.

syuura1

Aug 21, 2019
1) You get two aspects of the power of the 3rd or 4th. Their shapeshifting power and their memory reading power. Both of them are shown to be capable of using each of those powers when they infect you. As far as we've seen the 4th is a stronger mind reader than the 3rd, but we haven't witnessed any other differences between the two other than their appearance yet in the story.
Valravyn calls the 3rd the Body and the 4th the Memory, so there are implied differences between them, but nothing that's been shown so far to further differentiate between them.

2) I don't remember the exact quote, but Alice's monster parent the Blue Fairy tells you a little bit when it talks to you after the car crash.
Edit: I might have misremembered this. It was either there or when the MC had the vision when they were evolving that made reference to the 12 numbered.

3) They seem to be fossilized pieces of an ancient monster, but the last update showed that Deryl's Monster Form was able to make an effigy to replace one out of other objects. We don't know what purpose Ella has for collecting them yet.
Ok, so it seems no matter who infects you (3rd or 4th) you do get aspects of both their power, alright then. And I'm glad we're unsure about the pieces then, I thought I had missed some crucial info about them.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021

The supreme minister talking with Dexter : I have, but you haven't provided a single whiff of proof regarding any of it. These supposed 'all powerful' twelve, the six hundred 'superhumans'. None of it."
That's really all i have found about the twelve, there's more info about number 1 (the authority) 2 (the power) 3 (the body) and 4 (the memory) but it's not clear if they are part of these 12, those 12 mentioned by the supreme minister are most likely the 12 HERO members on their fifth evolution. (but even that is not sure)

Most likely monster parts, but for what purpose? That's really not clear. An effigy is an often life-size sculptural representation of a specific person, or a prototypical figure. The term is mostly used for the makeshift dummies used for symbolic punishment in political protests and for the figures burned in certain traditions around New Year, Carnival and Easter. So it's most likely something Ella needs for her plans, but it's really guessing in the dark what exactly....

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
The game keeps track of a hidden morality stat as well as your corruption to determine if you're good or evil,
Yeah, but separate, there's corruption and there's moral, at the moment they're not linked. You can have high moral with high corruption and low moral with zero corruption... So it's really not that easy to predict now...

Reactions: TerminusPrime

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018

Pretty much what Terminus Prime said but I'll expand on it.

1) It's not really confirmed yet, as far as if they both shared their power during the infection process. We do know that only one of them is acknowledged as being our parent though and let's be honest, Mommy 4th is the only one choice that matters. These scenes happen during the game but also if you have enough corruption. Minimum required to see all scenes is about 20, for current content, before being taken to Hero's base by Nico.

Anyway, during Klaus fight, the Fairy tells you to say hi to the "3rd"(Male) or "4th"(Mommy) depending on who you chose. During the final Klaus fight, you see one of them appear and then during the Valravn fight he mentions the title or piece your parent goes by. You'll also learn that Ella's monster parent is the 3rd as well, if you chose him during the start.

As far as their powers, the 4th is great at memories, hence she's called "The Memory" during Valravn's encounter. She can also shapeshift. The 3rd on the other hand isn't as great at the memory stuff, seeing as he struggled some with the MC. As for his shapeshifting, we don't know yet but he's named "The Body" so it's safe to assume it's his speciality. They both have the same powers but at different degrees of efficiency. Therefore, we get both powers no matter what and it's also why I like to call them twins. They're the only Numbered that seem to work together and have the same powers. They even took down the 1st, if you kill Jake.

2) As mentioned above, during the final Klaus fight, you'll see your numbered but will also learn that there were 12 in total. Key thing to note is there was 12. Now there's only 6 with the 7th through 12th most likely deceased or in a deathlike state and have been for decades to centuries now, presumably. We also learned that they come from the Moon or "Dark Moon" if Valravn's rambling is to be believed. The confirmed Numbered are as followed:

The 1st aka "The Authority"

- Jake's Parent

The 2nd aka "The Power/Radiant/Energy"
(It's title isn't confirmed yet)

- Michael's Parent

The 3rd aka "The Body"

- Ella's Parent

- MC(if chosen)

---- The 4th aka "The Memory" ----

- MC's Mommy

For the 1st, you won't see unless you have enough corruption. You have to fight Jake in prison and then later kill him to see it's full body. The 2nd, you see descend during Michael's fight with Leigong aka Lightning Monster, which is also a descendant of the 2nd Monster's line. Valravn will mention it during it's arrival.

3) We're not sure yet but Ella hints that it has a pull of some sorts and that it can cause a lot of corruption. The quality is supposedly important as she mentions Goliath's Parent Heart was only a Mixed Blood. Maybe it's for luring in a type of monster(the other Numbered? Dark Glowing Eye Monster?), is used as an offering of some kind to maybe unlock something, or possibly for assembling a powerful chimera? We don't really know yet so it's anyone's guess.

That's about it, currently. We'll most likely get even more info in this next update. Oh, there's also the "Greater Spawn" stuff but you know those slutty Minyaks can't be trusted and it hasn't been mentioned since. I would also recommend having a side playthrough with full corruption. Typically, if it involves monsters and their lore, corruption is usually involved. Next update might have a lot of new corruption scenes, since there's a lot of monsters in Ella's hideout.

syuura1

Aug 21, 2019
They even took down the 1st, if you kill Jake.
Ok, that is very interesting. I did do a full corrupt playthrough but I must've missed it. So this essentially suggests the Numbered monsters are not all on the same team then, am I correct?

I believe it was one of your old posts that got me thinking about this stuff. Could you tell me anything more about Valravn's "King" as well? He talks about the "advent of our Lords" but I assume these are different than the Numbered monsters because he referred to them as enemies in the quote "the enemy moves...and so must I" when the Second arrived.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes