DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Ok, that is very interesting. I did do a full corrupt playthrough but I must've missed it. So this essentially suggests the Numbered monsters are not all on the same team then, am I correct?

I believe it was one of your old posts that got me thinking about this stuff. Could you tell me anything more about Valravn's "King" as well? He talks about the "advent of our Lords" but I assume these are different than the Numbered monsters because he referred to them as enemies in the quote "the enemy moves...and so must I" when the Second arrived.
Like Valravn stated, the monsters have their own motives. We know the 3rd and 4th work together but the 1st seemed to want to enslave the world. The 2nd seems to mind it's own business while the 5th and 6th are unknown currently. Then there's Valravn's "Dark King" who seems to be roaming around.

The lord stuff isn't clear as of yet. We know the Numbered are the most powerful monsters, known currently, so it's most likely referring to them. We also know Valravn's "King" is the one that killed the 4th on Ella's dead end. From that alone, we know that Dark Glowing Eye Monster(King) is strong enough to wipe them out and might see them as enemies. It makes sense that when the 2nd appeared, Valravn was happy because his "King" only appeared, in current times, when it involved a Numbered manifesting on earth.

If you lean into the theory side of it, Valravn's King could be what's left of the Original Dark God after the Numbered split from it, for unknown reasons. Hence why they're titled by parts such as "The Body", "The Memory" and so on. Xanthe also hints at this with Tiffany about the specimen from her Monster Parent, who could've been a Deceased Numbered. It would also explain why it would hunt them specifically. So it can regain it's original state. I wouldn't be shocked if it absorbed some of the 7th through 12th already and is waiting for the rest to fully manifest.

That said, it's mostly speculation. We don't know enough about the Numbered, Lords, Valravn's King or this Dark God to give a definitive answer. The Lords could be a set of monsters that rival the Numbered from a different faction or even species altogether. I've had thoughts like that in the past but it's not really clear. Whether you believe the MC's corruption dream was from his "inner monster", one of these Lords, or his Numbered Parent. The one thing they all seem to be after is this "absolute power" and it's apparently within their grasp. Take that as you will.

5k1n3xt

Jan 22, 2019
One way I can see memory related powers being more relevant after 3rd evo is by buffing our mind reading by a lot, things like being able to acces specific memories easily w/o having to make our target think about them to bring them to the surface, or maybe even being able to copy knowledge and ways of thinking/inteligence, not just insticts.

Imagine if we could for example copy Xanthe and not just look like Xanthe, but BE Xanthe w/o losing track of our original selves and our goals but gaining his knowledge on technology and monsters alongside his capacity to understand said knowledge and research on things like that to expand that knowledge and end up knowing more than he ever did.

This second thing would probably require for us to actually eat our target or study it thoroughly for a few days to reach that level of understanding, as I can't see a simple touch transmiting so much information to us, at least at level 3.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I believe it was one of your old posts that got me thinking about this stuff. Could you tell me anything more about Valravn's "King" as well? He talks about the "advent of our Lords" but I assume these are different than the Numbered monsters because he referred to them as enemies in the quote "the enemy moves...and so must I" when the Second arrived.
There's the lord Valravn serves, that's most likely the one that made him after he was shot, "Rise again feathered one, in memory of my bride"... (during your fight with Valravn day 84)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So probably there's a war coming... The lords of the monsters haven't arrived yet and the monsters are enemies...
Likely Earth will be a battlefield... We really don't know much about "the numbered", Valravn is an enemy to "the fairy" (Alice parent) and number 2 (Michael's parent), but his reactions to either number 3 "Ohoh... A second spawn of the Body, intriguing..." or number 4 "Ohoh... A spawn of the Memory, now this is a rare sight..." don't seem very hostile compared to his reactions to the others... Strange, since we already know he has a score to settle with Ella (the other spawn of the body)..

The 4 numbered monsters are special enough to be numbered, but we don't know why. Also we can conclude they aren't Lords. They could be the equivalent of "the 4 riders of the apocalypse", or they could be just representatives of their own lords... I haven't found text in the scripts giving more insight to any other numbered monsters, or even how many of them. (besides "these so called almighty 12" that most likely are HERO superhumans) There's monster cards that show us the progenitors of the superhuman or the origin of the monsters on them, these cards work with numbers too, so these numbered 4 could just be the last few remaining of the original progenitors... Leigong origin : 2/10/6 so it's safe to assume there's at least 10 of them, but since the other cards i've seen only mention a monster number, there's really no telling how many there are. Possibly these 4 numbered monsters are the same as the ones the monsters get their origin from...

But overall the information in the game is sparse. Many things are left to our personal interpretations and conclusions. And there's more theories than facts in many of the comments here. But that's part of what makes this game so good, there's something of apocalyptic proportions happening, we see only little and the exact extend of it remains veiled in mystery... And whatever we learn in next update, it will not be enough to keep us from wanting more answers....

syuura1

Aug 21, 2019
Very cool theories guys, def. enjoyed reading everyone's perspective on it. Probably the only game on this site that makes me theorycraft like this.

Edit:
I haven't found text in the scripts giving more insight to any other numbered monsters, or even how many of them.
As DrakoGhoul mentioned, during the final fight with Klaus, just as you are evolving, MC goes into what seemed like a ramble but specifically says:
You: The moon? How can it...
You: The twelve...
You: No, the six...seven through twelve have already been...

Take it for what you will but it seem like a pretty decent interpretation for the 12 Numbered monsters and something having happened to 7-12.

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
As DrakoGhoul mentioned, during the final fight with Klaus, just as you are evolving, MC goes into what seemed like a ramble but specifically says:
You: The moon? How can it...
You: The twelve...
You: No, the six...seven through twelve have already been...

Take it for what you will but it seem like a pretty decent interpretation for the 12 Numbered monsters and something having happened to 7-12.
It's a memory that's not his own... Hard to make much of it to be honest... It could relate to 12 numbered monsters, it could relate to a number of spawns or a number of planets to conquer, already having finished half and being down to six..
It's very vague and leaves everything to speculation, why the moon? There's monsters getting called from the moon, others getting called from the ocean... Is it twelve monsters from the moon? How old is this memory? But okay, it's possible, but lets hope we get some better information during our next evolution. ;)

5k1n3xt

Jan 22, 2019
You "I just want to know what you lot are doing here, how long you've been here, what you're going to do from here on..."
Valravn "Do not group us together. Our reasons are independent of one another and that is how it will remain until the advent of our lords."
Doesn't him saying this imply that the lords plan to unify the monsters for a common goal instead of how it is right now where each of them have different reasons to act from one another?

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Doesn't him saying this imply that the lords plan to unify the monsters for a common goal instead of how it is right now where each of them have different reasons to act from one another?
That's possible, but it could just mean once the lords arrive each monster will follow any orders from his/her lord.
Basically he just says any monster does what it wants now... The lords might still each have their own goals and reasons.
It's really interesting to get to know the goals of the monsters... Is Earth their petri dish for biological warfare? Are we food? Or do the monsters simply need other races to procreate? The Minyak traded increased fertility at the cost of power...

Last edited:

N1CKs001

Nov 12, 2021
Look, guys, we may be stepping into the realms of Lovecraft Cthulu and outer gods beyond mortal comprehension. So I say the future captain/squad name if we still stick with HERO should be Nyarlathotep, why you may ask? Well: It's a being that can take on many aspects or forms each with its own abilities, describe as a "tall, swarthy man", and chaotic without the normal sense of what constitutes good or evil.

jthunderk89

Dec 24, 2020
Look, guys, we may be stepping into the realms of Lovecraft Cthulu and outer gods beyond mortal comprehension. So I say the future captain/squad name if we still stick with HERO should be Nyarlathotep, why you may ask? Well: It's a being that can take on many aspects or forms each with its own abilities, describe as a "tall, swarthy man", and chaotic without the normal sense of what constitutes good or evil.
Yours seems a bit more thought out than me just looking up mythological beings with the biggest dicks to name my squad after

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Future squad name? Well, my hero name is "Darkness" so, if we can pick one in the future, I'd go with Team Erebus. Just to keep the whole Darkness theme going for my playthrough. There's also a lot of monster stuff related to Darkness(not the series) in game, such as the "Dark God", "Lord of Dark", "Dark King", "Black Sea", "Dark Moon" and so on. I might as well embrace all this darkness vibe this game gives off.

5k1n3xt

Jan 22, 2019
My hero name name is Void, so I'd name my team Apollyon as a TBOI reference, but i'm pretty sure there's already something or someone named that isn't there?

Reactions: voidpug

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Xenomorph : "You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility. I admire its purity. A survivor. Unclouded by conscience, remorse...or delusions of morality."―Ash

The Xenomorph XX121, better known just as Xenomorph or the "Alien", is an extraterrestrial hive-based endoparasitoid species with a multi-staged life cycle....
Monster infects human, human evolves, superhuman becomes monster.... Jup, could fit alright... ;)
Although the endoparasitoid part (needs host to feed on but ultimately kills it in the process) is only partly accurate...

Reactions: Dysphorika

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
The only true version of Nyarlathotep is Nyanlathotep tbh

• Angry
Reactions: Robotai

FrapFappers

Nov 6, 2020
Man the latest in game time skip was disappointing. I don't think we even gained any stat increases like last time when the school closed down after we took out kenny.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Yeah, I'm not sure about that either. This update gave us the 2nd biggest stat increase in game. The 1st was Evolution lvl 2 which gave us 20 Power Points, I believe. Even the monster horn gave us more stats than Kenny fight with a total of 10 PP.

My current stats are
Power: 105
Skill: 26
Corruption: 25

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Man the latest in game time skip was disappointing. I don't think we even gained any stat increases like last time when the school closed down after we took out kenny.
You can find all possible + skill /+power /+ corruption, etc. in the walkthrough 0.94 made by Plutamine, see next linked post.

Alright! I added everything together and now have the full walkthrough for Version 0.94. Thank you for the assist

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes