Sorreah

Feb 15, 2023
I'm just annoyed by the fact he hasn't considered going to a dinosaur museum and absorbing some of the DNA of some strong ass dinos or literally any other extinct animal. So much potential there but MC no use noggin once more.
I'm pretty sure only about 1/10th of those bones are real and the rest is an approx. what they think it should be. I know they use a lot of fake bones to fill gaps and such, the odds of finding a real bone that has dna that somehow preserved over the million years ago is almost nil.

Reactions: ItzSyther

bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
WW truly is a machine. Best Patreon money I ever spent. :)
I agree, the only patreon I've ever supported primarily due to consistency. Dude doesn't slack and seems to be organised and planning his work ahead of time.

I'm just annoyed by the fact he hasn't considered going to a dinosaur museum and absorbing some of the DNA of some strong ass dinos or literally any other extinct animal. So much potential there but MC no use noggin once more.
The MC can definitely be smoothbrained at times.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I'm pretty sure only about 1/10th of those bones are real and the rest is an approx. what they think it should be. I know they use a lot of fake bones to fill gaps and such, the odds of finding a real bone that has dna that somehow preserved over the million years ago is almost nil.
But even then we have other quite strong animals that have went extinct relatively recently(ish) and some even being preserved very well like in the case of the mighty Wooly Mammoth.

Of course that was preserved due to whatever poor creature that got caught in ice and then we got some who are caught in Amber or whatever else is out there. Even if he can't go after dinos there's other options.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
While much can be said, if MC starts going after every unique animal to gain it's powers, this won't be a visual novel, it will be an animal documentary.

Dung Beetle can lift 1141 times it's weight. You want super strength? You got superstrength. And considering that MC can just increase his mass, this can quickly get out of hand.
Cockroach can survive without head. Considering that MC can exist in a state without it's head, and a lot of his abilities work on instinct, not having vulnerable body parts can be very handy.
Octopus also has multiple brains. A decentralized thinking system can be very beneficial.
Tardigrades are resistant to both acid and fire, something that MC struggled with and still he has to rely on his heavy armor to counter. They are also resistant to radiation which hurts his regenaration (mentioned in training session with Michael).

etc.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
While much can be said, if MC starts going after every unique animal to gain it's powers, this won't be a visual novel, it will be an animal documentary.

Dung Beetle can lift 1141 times it's weight. You want super strength? You got superstrength. And considering that MC can just increase his mass, this can quickly get out of hand.
Cockroach can survive without head. Considering that MC can exist in a state without it's head, and a lot of his abilities work on instinct, not having vulnerable body parts can be very handy.
Octopus also has multiple brains. A decentralized thinking system can be very beneficial.
Tardigrades are resistant to both acid and fire, something that MC struggled with and still he has to rely on his heavy armor to counter. They are also resistant to radiation which hurts his regenaration (mentioned in training session with Michael).

etc.
Bro over here mentioning animals I never thought about for powers
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But on a serious note yeah it could get out of hand pretty fast still curious on what else the MC is gonna absorb of course (but seems like we're going down the monster route with our homie Deryl which im cool with).

Last edited:
Reactions: SquallofNight

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Insects have great strengh mostly because of their volume to area ratio, if you increased their size too much they would be in trouble even trying to move, though superhuman powers often look more supernatural than anything so maybe...

Actually i don't even think we can rely on the biological side of things anymore, on his 3 evolution Mc can have "bones hard as diamond and flesh hard as steel", this is just insane, at this point he just uses the biological structure as a framework and only because he is worse at shapeshifting than Ella.

But maybe with his memory powers he will eventually be able to transcend the individuals and reach the ancestors through their DNA, touching a lizard to reach a dinossaur is something i can imagine happening.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Insects have great strengh mostly because of their volume to area ratio, if you increased their size too much they would be in trouble even trying to move, though superhuman powers often look more supernatural than anything so maybe...

Actually i don't even think we can rely on the biological side of things anymore, on his 3 evolution Mc can have "bones hard as diamond and flesh hard as steel", this is just insane, at this point he just uses the biological structure as a framework and only because he is worse at shapeshifting than Ella.

But maybe with his memory powers he will eventually be able to transcend the individuals and reach the ancestors through their DNA, touching a lizard to reach a dinossaur is something i can imagine happening.
So what I'm hearing is potentially:
0 xKPZugCRjQv9rFQc.jpg
I'd be down if MC could gander at human ancestors or even some of our cousins (like gorilla) and see what they had poppin off at one point.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I can easily get on board with the first, it is mostly harmless and considering the circunstances entirely justifiable. The second however is VILE, it really makes me think about the worst moments of human history and it's something i don't think i would be able to support, i would argue that only doing the first was enough.
1. no, the 1st wasn't enough. in fact the 2nd wasn't enough either. all estimates by both humans and monsters are that humanity is doomed unless something changes.
2. why is it vile, please explain. it is literally a massive improvement in the ability of humanity to survive.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
1. no, the 1st wasn't enough. in fact the 2nd wasn't enough either. all estimates by both humans and monsters are that humanity is doomed unless something changes.
2. why is it vile, please explain. it is literally a massive improvement in the ability of humanity to survive.
Despite the fact it is a massive improvement in humanity's ability to survive it was done without the knowledge of anyone else. There was no discussion, there was no vote, there was no consent whatsoever. It was done against humanity as whole to shape what they (HERO) believes to be the best alternative to save humanity. That in itself is vile, no one got a say but HERO and even if anyone found out about it (from the government or elsewhere) chances are they were promptly eliminated before the truth could be revealed at that time (but its more than likely it was a very well hidden secret).

This is just a case of "The ends justifies the means" which I'm not down with...at least at this level of it. Once more I'll reference Mass Effect (cause it's just so god damn good) and the Asari situation.

The Asari wanted to maintain their edge against everyone else and they did but at the cost of the rest of the galaxy being weaker which had the unintended consequence of the reapers fucking up people easier (in that universe what gave them their edge was a Prothean artifact that gave them in advantage in tech but there is a law by the council, which the Asari are apart of that states they and everyone else apart of the council must share these artifacts with the rest of the council).

Mind you that whole thing has a lot of moving parts (shady folks at every corner in that universe as well with their own agendas, even the Alliance has shady shit going on).

Was there other options for HERO to take...probably? But they chose the most straightforward method to achieve their goals and said method is undeniably vile even with it's intended good it has. No one will ever forget (at least in that world) that HERO did Eugenics to achieve a 'stronger' humanity but at the cost of those 'weaker' in genetics.

They also won't forget the sacrifice of thousands of humans in the assault against SIN but that's a whole 'nother can of worms which I hope is explored further in the next update.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessNights

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Despite the fact it is a massive improvement in humanity's ability to survive it was done without the knowledge of anyone else. There was no discussion, there was no vote, there was no consent whatsoever. It was done against humanity as whole to shape what they (HERO) believes to be the best alternative to save humanity. That in itself is vile, no one got a say but HERO and even if anyone found out about it (from the government or elsewhere) chances are they were promptly eliminated before the truth could be revealed at that time (but its more than likely it was a very well hidden secret).
Why is secrecy vile?
Why would a vote make it ok? You think its ok sterilize part of the population if 51% of people vote to do it?
This is just a case of "The ends justifies the means" which I'm not down with...at least at this level of it. Once more I'll reference Mass Effect (cause it's just so god damn good) and the Asari situation.

The Asari wanted to maintain their edge against everyone else and they did but at the cost of the rest of the galaxy being weaker which had the unintended consequence of the reapers fucking up people easier.

Mind you that whole thing has a lot of moving parts (shady folks at every corner in that universe as well with their own agendas, even the Alliance has shady shit going on).
Mass effect is fictional. Stop relying on fiction to form political opinions. It results in infantile and distorted arguments based on whatever the author of that fictional work imagined instead of actual reality.

This game is ALSO fictional. So that means you should be cautious when expecting it to follow realistic consequences.
In this fictional universe there were no sudden unintended consequences.

You might have argued "we shouldn't do it because it is too easy to fuck up and doom humanity" before it was done.
But it was already done and done perfectly. They explicitly did not fuck it up. There are no bad consequences.
It just worked, and now humanity has vastly better odds of survival.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
1. It's difficult to know what is enough considering the information we have, i say it's the case because it would increase the amount of people able to become superhuman, the picture HERO shows is: humanity needs as many superhumans as possible to fight against monsters, how many and if it was enough to only boost fertility ? i don't know, Clark said that HERO needs mostly more people around lvl 3 so every city has two superhumans at that level to protect it, the math is beyond what i could make yet i think other measures could be made to ensure it was enough.
Look for people compatible and acquire their reproductive cells and use them for fertilization, go after people compatible and offer to infect them instead of only recruiting while demonsterfying those who fail the process (alice's dad mentioned there was a group working on that and how Xanthe was fundamentally against the idea), damn even pay compatible people to have children together promissing to taking care of the children.

2. Gladly, i consider the idea of forcing a population to stop having children VERY concerning, in real life it was used for horrible ends and thus immediatly brings me aversion, it could be argued that it is the best course of action ? yes and i would disagree because i think there are better ways than that as i said above, both artificial and natural.
" it is literally a massive improvement in the ability of humanity to survive" is not enough of an argument for me to agree with it, as long as all possible other means were exhausted and even then i would disagree since it's denying people of the right of bulding families.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Why is secrecy vile?
Why would a vote make it ok? You think its ok sterilize part of the population if 51% of people vote to do it?
Secrecy in itself isn't vile but the topic of what they were hiding is:
Example 1: A family secretly planning a party for a loved one
Example 2 : A man secretly plotting to kill a bunch of children

As you can see both are done in secret but both have extremely different intents. Secrecy isn't vile but the intent behind said secrecy is.

There is a major difference between a small group of individuals deciding the fate of a entire species and the whole species itself deciding. Yes, I think it's okay to sterilize the population if humanity as a whole decided upon it.

At least in the case of a vote humanity has a chance to decide rather than some group of elites deciding for the whole.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
2. Gladly, i consider the idea of forcing a population to stop having children VERY concerning, in real life it was used for horrible ends and thus immediatly brings me aversion, it could be argued that it is the best course of action ? yes and i would disagree because i think there are better ways than that as i said above, both artificial and natural.
" it is literally a massive improvement in the ability of humanity to survive" is not enough of an argument for me to agree with it, as long as all possible other means were exhausted and even then i would disagree since it's denying people of the right of bulding families.
1. there is a big difference between "I disagree with it" and "this is vile". vile is a very strong word to describe something.

2. "historically it was used to do bad things" is why I wouldn't trust any government to do such a thing.
But we are not asked to trust anyone to do something.
We are shown that it was done, and it was NOT done in a bad way.
that is the key issue here.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
There exist a lot of applications for the exoskeleton though which is a big part of their strength. A lot of lessons in structure to be found in the insect kingdom, similar to how he uses the mantis mechanism for projectile launchers instead of just punching.

This also is a good reminder that MC is actually smart and has high levels of curiosity, even if he doesn't show it a lot of the time. Without any formal training, he is able to adapt to anything. He has extreme mastery over his powers.

Yea, and he has so much strength that he can casually break through thick metal. I wonder what he will manage to do with the exotic materials found in monsters.

I personally disagree thought that he is worse at shapeshifting than Ella. She is better at changing others but I can't remember an instance where her forms were pivotal in a fight. Hiding a mountain of flesh beneath the ground doesn't count and MC can do that too by hiding tentacles underground. Both times, when she revealed her underground forms, they got smocked, by Nico and Nyx, and her tentacles are hardly more powerful than MC's even if she can create more mass than he can due to being higher level.

Additionally MC since his third evolution has shown exeptional ability to work with materials and thanks to his memory powers, all his creations are perfect. His forms are a true extension of his fighting style, and he uses them both for additional power, and for controlling the environment with strategy/traps. Ella relies mostly on her regeneration, maneuverability and transmutation. Her trick where she makes her form immutable is quite an impressive one though. Still, it's a level 5 ability and who knows what the MC may unlock by then.

Still Ella is quite impressive. Being able to craft functioning forms without the gift of memory must have been quite an ordeal. MC is really lucky in this regard. It's way more efficient to work on a structure that you understand innately, than building something from the ground up.

I expect that his memory powers will be the main theme of his third evolution. I wish for them to manifest in a more mystical way than just through touch but in any case I hope that really cool things will come from it.

He is already quite adept at reading genetic memory and long term memory. It may very well be possible to read the evolutionary journey of species.

Reactions: SquallofNight

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
1. there is a big difference between "I disagree with it" and "this is vile". vile is a very strong word to describe something.

2. "historically it was used to do bad things" is why I wouldn't trust any government to do such a thing.
But we are not asked to trust anyone to do something.
We are shown that it was done, and it was NOT done in a bad way.
that is the key issue here.
1. "I disagree with it" is my opinion, "it is VILE "is also my opinion, both reflect how i see it, i have no problem if you think it's not a proper way to describe the situation, in my opinion it is and i'm fine if we disagree, you asked me to explain why i belived that and i'm honestly glad to try to.

2. I agree it's too much of an issue to relegate a decision like that to the goverment and i also would not to trust it to make a correct decision in something so important.
As for if it was done in a bad way i think it being done is already bad enough, but as i said it is my opinion and this opinion is "it's not right to do that, i disagree with it and find it vile to do so".
I think there are other ways to achieve the result "making superhumans enough", and if i was show through undeniable proof that it was ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY i would still think of it as a necessary evil at best.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Anyways, I'm done with the vile topic of Eugenics as it leaves a sour taste in mah mouth (that or all the raisins I been consuming).

Question for everyone: If you woke up in the body as any of the characters (except the MC) and have their powers (if they have any) who'd you pick and why?

Me personally, I'm picking Deryl. Bro has fucking amazing powers for real.

Neverwonder

Oct 14, 2019
Anyways, I'm done with the vile topic of Eugenics as it leaves a sour taste in mah mouth (that or all the raisins I been consuming).

Question for everyone: If you woke up in the body as any of the characters (except the MC) and have their powers (if they have any) who'd you pick and why?

Me personally, I'm picking Deryl. Bro has fucking amazing powers for real.
But isn’t Deryl power required you to understand the structure of what you can make like don’t you have to understand the mechanic of a gun to make them like an upgraded version of Momo power from my hero academia
Me personally I would like jake power as his is basically money control you could literally just tell someone to give you many and they will or if you were kidnapped you can just tell them to stop free me and buy me ice cream and talk me home sound pretty busted to me sure u won’t physically be powerful but hey the pro outweighs the con in my mind

Reactions: ItzSyther

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
There exist a lot of applications for the exoskeleton though which is a big part of their strength. A lot of lessons in structure to be found in the insect kingdom, similar to how he uses the mantis mechanism for projectile launchers instead of just punching.
If he can combine the maximum density of his body (bones) and adapt it to an exoskeleton powered by muscles that can tear through steel, that's what i call improvement.

I personally disagree thought that he is worse at shapeshifting than Ella. She is better at changing others but I can't remember an instance where her forms were pivotal in a fight.
I think he is worse in the sense he needs to use his memory powers to transform into something, it seems Ella is able to mimic things by just seeing something and wanting to transform into that.

I expect that his memory powers will be the main theme of his third evolution. I wish for them to manifest in a more mystical way than just through touch but in any case I hope that really cool things will come from it.

He is already quite adept at reading genetic memory and long term memory. It may very well be possible to read the evolutionary journey of species.
I have a lot of expectations to the memory powers, my highest ones are.
1. Being able to use memory as mind attacks, making people forget things, trapping them in memories, implanting memories...
2. Using memories to make perfect copies of other superhumans down to their powers and copying them.

Reactions: Gtdead

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
But isn’t Deryl power required you to understand the structure of what you can make like don’t you have to understand the mechanic of a gun to make them like an upgraded version of Momo power from my hero academia
Me personally I would like jake power as his is basically money control you could literally just tell someone to give you many and they will or if you were kidnapped you can just tell them to stop free me and buy me ice cream and talk me home sound pretty busted to me sure u won’t physically be powerful but hey the pro outweighs the con in my mind
Jake is a solid choice. If I'm being honest I don't know if I must understand the structure or not with his power. But if so I best get to studying eh?

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
This is just a case of "The ends justifies the means" which I'm not down with...at least at this level of it.
I can understand your point, Eugenics has had maybe 50 years to bring the situation to public attention...
But that means the existence of monsters would be made public at the risk of large scale panic or even chaos...
At that point the government knows about Eugenics having a technological advantage, but only few actually knew about the 5 superhumans crushing the rebellion for them.... Making the monster situation public knowledge would expose them...

Even 50 years later when HERO announces itself to the public, the Supreme Minister directly tries to get the superhumans under his command.... And before that the mafia actively is searching for superhumans... S.I.N. an organisation funded by some other rich people announces itself... That would have happened 50 years earlier as well, and only short after a civil war....

15% is immune to monster infection, 25% monsterfies, 40% dies and 20% turns into a superhuman...
Would it have been better to wait 50 years before trying anything? Roughly 2/3 will die or even start killing others in case the monster attacks keep increasing.... 25% of the monster victims effectively working like a catalyst...

It's not ethical, but buying that 50 years of time to prepare, might have been the better choice regardless...

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes