DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Just don't expect them from Aglaecwif, her power seems to be breeding powerful sons... ;)
Besides that, since MC and her have the same parent, the kid might be super strong but slightly super-retarded too...

View attachment 2671411 Junior! Fetch!
Where are you getting that from exactly? The part that she has the same parent as us? She implied that she's from the 4th's line but also that she's possibly from the 9th, 10th or even the 7th line when you ask her about the god's of worship. She also doesn't seem to have Mommy's Memory trait so she isn't that close in line. Maybe 3 generations down the line compared to the MC, who's first generation.

Unless I missed it among the many variations of conversations with Valravn or the untranslated stuff she said, she doesn't imply that she's a true descendant of the 4th or the 3rd. She said that "Our Great Lord travels far and wide" if the 4th is your Mommy while with the 3rd she just says "How mysterious" after saying her broken language. All that seems to imply is that she's apart of the 4th's line but she's not a direct descendant. If the heart Ella found was Aglaecwif's, then she's definitely not fully a purebred.

That said, I'm obviously not against it. I was the main person hoping she was apart of Mommy's line from the moment I saw her, as you can see from my older post in thread. I'm just curious where exactly was it said that she's our elder monster sister basically.

Reactions: vogelbeest

bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
That said, I'm obviously not against it. I was the main person hoping she was apart of Mommy's line from the moment I saw her, as you can see from my older post in thread. I'm just curious where exactly was it said that she's our elder monster sister basically.
I need Aglaecwif to be our monster sister wife now, and to give us a devoted loveable cthulhuish monstrosity daughter thing.

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I need a Aglaecwif to be our monster sister wife now, and to give us a devoted loveable cthulhuish monstrosity daughter thing.
Aglaecwif implies that she does all the work there but on the other hand, she never had a child with a 1st Generation spawn. This will be her most powerful child ever, according to her, so there's a chance that it goes completely different this time around. Especially since the child will likely be as strong as her from birth, if not more powerful. Her power may even get countered from the womb.

Hell, she might not even survive the birthing. There's too many variables here. She said she wanted a child powerful enough to challenge(or kill?) God's. If she gets her wish then how the hell is she going to survive it? I didn't think about this during the Minyaks stuff but looking at it now, the Minyaks would've probably died from just trying to carry a child of the MC. Even if it was lower than S-Class because of them, it would still be around the B-Class ball park, which is Evolution Level 3 while Minyaks are D-Class or High Level 1 to Low Level 2 monsters. Monster baby would've ripped them to shreds from the inside.

We'll just have to see what kind of magic our MC seed will do for her. We're built different from those other partners of hers.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Where are you getting that from exactly? The part that she has the same parent as us?
From her.... She tells you :

label ellainvmonster4:
Female "Swa þú eart offspring of þæs fēowerðan ēac? Our great lord travels far and wide, nis hit swilce?"

Or : so you are offspring of the fourth too? our lord..., isn't it swell?

label ellainvmonster3:
Female "Eart þū ofspring þæs priddan ēac? Hm, how mysterious..."

Or : are you ofspring of the third too?

And when asking what Ella's plans are :

Female "As for what her plans are. She is gathering the hearts of powerful monsters like myself, those with a pure and untainted connection to one single lord."

So Aglaecwif is a spawn of the same Apostle as you....

Last edited:

bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
Aglaecwif implies that she does all the work there but on the other hand, she never had a child with a 1st Generation spawn. This will be her most powerful child ever, according to her, so there's a chance that it goes completely different this time around. Especially since the child will likely be as strong as her from birth, if not more powerful. Her power may even get countered from the womb.

Hell, she might not even survive the birthing. There's too many variables here. She said she wanted a child powerful enough to challenge(or kill?) God's. If she gets her wish then how the hell is she going to survive it? I didn't think about this during the Minyaks stuff but looking at it now, the Minyaks would've probably died from just trying to carry a child of the MC. Even if it was lower than S-Class because of them, it would still be around the B-Class ball park, which is Evolution Level 3 while Minyaks are D-Class or High Level 1 to Low Level 2 monsters. Monster baby would've ripped them to shreds from the inside.

We'll just have to see what kind of magic our MC seed will do for her. We're built different from those other partners of hers.
I'm crossing my fingers that WW will throw out a female monster and have it be a decently large part of the posse, since it's something that will happen regardless just the origin will be different (yours or deryls). I want my monster harem damnit.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
man, now I regret saving Laurie. I should've bred Aglaecwif. Perhaps, it is time for another run where I choose the left path.
You might just get another chance :

You ".....Right. Well, until next time."
Agla "Yes... Þæt sceal beon oðrum siðe."

Chatgpt :
"Þæt sceal beon oðrum siðe" is an Old English phrase that translates to "That shall be (for/to) another time" in modern English. (though i thought other side first lol)

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
From her.... She tells you :

label ellainvmonster4:
Female "Swa þú eart offspring of þæs fēowerðan ēac? Our great lord travels far and wide, nis hit swilce?"

Or : so you are offspring of the fourth too? our lord..., isn't it swell?

label ellainvmonster3:
Female "Eart þū ofspring þæs priddan ēac? Hm, how mysterious..."

Or : are you ofspring of the third too?

And when asking what Ella's plans are :

Female "As for what her plans are. She is gathering the hearts of powerful monsters like myself, those with a pure and untainted connection to one single lord."

So Aglaecwif is a spawn of the same Apostle as you....
Unless I missed it among the many variations of conversations with Valravn or the untranslated stuff she said, she doesn't imply that she's a true descendant of the 4th or the 3rd.
Really? Then I guess that's why I didn't see it on my playthrough. I didn't try to translate it pass what was readable. Still, that also can be taken as her being only of the 4th's line though. She could be referring to Ella when she said that "are you an offspring of the third too? How mysterious..." part. Similar to how Valravn said "another spawn of the body" if you chose the 3rd. I say this because she doesn't say "our Lord" for the 3rd.

I get the feeling it's the right interpretation. So far, WW hasn't done a split thing like this with other characters, when it comes to monsters. For example, Ella is always the spawn of the 3rd. No matter if you're the 4th or 3rd, she's always his spawn. Which is what makes that reply for a MC with the 3rd more open for interpretation. We know she straight up said that the 4th is her lord but that response for the 3rd could be interpreted differently.

Now the obvious question is, why doesn't she have powers similar to us, regardless of the choice? Something's bit off here, unless she's a massive liar like Valravn believes. It's one thing to be a descendant with the chance to have a different set of power and it's another to be a direct descendant, with alleged "pure and untainted connection", without showing any resemblance of the same power.

On top of that, why isn't she acknowledged as such? Why doesn't Valravn also mention it either in all those discussions with him about her and monsters? Also who's her daddy or mommy, if they change based on choice? The 3rd and 4th are close but are they real THAT close? That seems like a pretty big deal to. Again, I'm not against it but somethings odd about this all.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I didn't try to translate it pass what was readable.
Yeah, i decided to see if chatgpt could translate it. It's kinda buggy, sometimes it just straight out says it doesn't, other times it however comes with a translation. Think it's best not to try too big sentences...

It's possible Aglaecwif isn't a direct spawn, just only from descendants from one lord, but with the way the Apostles spread their powers/infections it seems unlikely there's complete populations of just one lord...

As for her powers, she's way stronger than MC, she just doesn't need to go all out... Or as an infected monster the powers just don't follow the same development... Who knows? Either way she seems to be able to hide just as good as Ella...

Valravn is another thing, if she's a spawn he might have just not seen her in the cave/base when he was there...
(they needed to escavate something, we see Ella with the heart of the thing that birthed Goliath, but that's it)
He knows her, but that could have been from days long gone, they both speak outdated languages...
Valravn only serves the Lord of Dark, he despises the Fairy and Aglaecwif, but for some reason he doesn't react that strong to either Apostle you can be a spawn of. Probably it's tied to his sense of honour in some way...

As for her being from the same parent? Well, it would have made sense if it's always the other, since Valravn tells us the offspring will come for us... For devouring it would make sense anyway... No idea why it's the same though... Unless we can merge with it somehow and being the same numbered spawn is important somehow... But i guess we will see...

Reactions: DrakoGhoul

xhib

Feb 1, 2019
Now the obvious question is, why doesn't she have powers similar to us, regardless of the choice? Something's bit off here, unless she's a massive liar like Valravn believes. It's one thing to be a descendant with the chance to have a different set of power and it's another to be a direct descendant, with alleged "pure and untainted connection", without showing any resemblance of the same power.
She does have similar powers to us.

She rubs her well-muscled belly lovingly, humming quietly.
Aglaecwif: Destroy your portal human, it's all yours.
And I notice she's letting less of her accent show now, and only using words I understand. If it wasn't for our earlier meeting and that intense fucking, I might find it difficult to distinguish how she talks from anyone else.
MC: Right then....
Turning my back to her, I thrust my tentacle into the ring of light's border, disrupting the circling energy and breaking the portal.
MC: *phew* I did it. I better go back and meet up with Deryl....
Aglaecwif: No need for that, he'll meet you up ahead. Both tunnels lead to the same cavern.

The accent fades and the communication barrier mysteriously disappears after a fucking, she knows Deryl is a "he" and that he was in the other tunnel. It's almost like the MC gave her a lot more than he realised.

Even worse, the MC wasn't aware of any intrusion. Compare that with Sharon.

devilsdetails

Jun 18, 2018
Really? Then I guess that's why I didn't see it on my playthrough. I didn't try to translate it pass what was readable. Still, that also can be taken as her being only of the 4th's line though. She could be referring to Ella when she said that "are you an offspring of the third too? How mysterious..." part. Similar to how Valravn said "another spawn of the body" if you chose the 3rd. I say this because she doesn't say "our Lord" for the 3rd.

I get the feeling it's the right interpretation. So far, WW hasn't done a split thing like this with other characters, when it comes to monsters. For example, Ella is always the spawn of the 3rd. No matter if you're the 4th or 3rd, she's always his spawn. Which is what makes that reply for a MC with the 3rd more open for interpretation. We know she straight up said that the 4th is her lord but that response for the 3rd could be interpreted differently.

On top of that, why isn't she acknowledged as such? Why doesn't Valravn also mention it either in all those discussions with him about her and monsters? Also who's her daddy or mommy, if they change based on choice? The 3rd and 4th are close but are they real THAT close? That seems like a pretty big deal to. Again, I'm not against it but somethings odd about this all.
Her powers aren't particularly clear. She just moved really fast and was very strong. Was also able to eat us. Atleast so far thats a 3 for 3 on similar powers to us.
Why the fuck are we still arguing about genders again? There are males, females, and hermaphrodites (both); end of discussion.

They also refer to themselves as such, examples being:

1. The 4th (Body) regarded as Mother.
2. Bailey referring to Kenny's Monster as Mother.
3. Aglaecwif referring to her SON's eye.
4. The 3rd (Memory) regarded as Father.
5. Valravn referring the 7th as his Lord, not Queen; for a guy all about proper pronunciation.

And many more. Now whether or not SOME of those "female" or "male" monsters can be anything OTHER than male or female is up to date; as the 4th could probably turn into a guy willy nilly and not care to be regarded as a female in that form. But that is a small case.
You're right. Was a silly and pointless discussion. Apologies all.

About Aglacwif though, vogelbeest is right. It did display some similarities: contact based info gathering, alongside speed,s strength, and a proclivity for eating her enemies. We just haven't seen what the Memory powers actually looks like when applied to combat other than us DDoS' ing Deryl. Might be something we see in the next update

bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
You might just get another chance :

You ".....Right. Well, until next time."
Agla "Yes... Þæt sceal beon oðrum siðe."

Chatgpt :
"Þæt sceal beon oðrum siðe" is an Old English phrase that translates to "That shall be (for/to) another time" in modern English. (though i thought other side first lol)
The missus happens to have some knowledge of old english from her university days and she said pretty much the same thing chatgpt is saying, kind of hilarious that translating it earlier completely slipped my mind since I did translate the "teacher" phrase. :KEK:

She does have similar powers to us.

She rubs her well-muscled belly lovingly, humming quietly.
Aglaecwif: Destroy your portal human, it's all yours.
And I notice she's letting less of her accent show now, and only using words I understand. If it wasn't for our earlier meeting and that intense fucking, I might find it difficult to distinguish how she talks from anyone else.
MC: Right then....
Turning my back to her, I thrust my tentacle into the ring of light's border, disrupting the circling energy and breaking the portal.
MC: *phew* I did it. I better go back and meet up with Deryl....
Aglaecwif: No need for that, he'll meet you up ahead. Both tunnels lead to the same cavern.

The accent fades and the communication barrier mysteriously disappears after a fucking, she knows Deryl is a "he" and that he was in the other tunnel. It's almost like the MC gave her a lot more than he realised.

Even worse, the MC wasn't aware of any intrusion. Compare that with Sharon.
That was my take on it as well, her forming a mental connection with us from the contact and sex, to be able to better communicate in terms/ways we understand through her mental powers. She has that same mommy energy as dear mommy fourth as well. :KEK:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Some thoughts on evolution based on dialogue snippets:

1) The speed by which an individual evolves doesn't necessarily mean anything in regards to his power level.

Henri evolved 4 times in 4 days. He also seems depressed about it. Lisa claims that Henri would be one of the most powerful HERO captains if he "embraced" his power. Of course this could be because it's possible he'd been level 5 the longest, but I doubt that this is the case, as most captains used to be friends and probably have similar ages.

2) A level 5 individual has unlocked all the powers that he can possibly unlock.

There are a lot of indicators that this is the case. Evolving early does not mean that you potentially lose the chance to unlock powers. It's also possible that the evolution process teaches the superhuman how to use these powers. Examples:

- MC unlocked his tail during his 2nd evolution trance. However the tail can also be used during the diner deadend in the very early stages of the game.

- Ella tried for a long time to achieve her natural 5th evolution. Once she evolved she unlocked new abilities like the one that forces her body to resist change.

- Xanthe also claims that this is the case. At level 5 a superhuman is complete and he knows all there is to know about his abilities. He can still improve, but no new ones.

3) Triggering the evolution is pretty much a random event. Mastery, Training and Power do not matter. However there are some recurring triggers mentioned in the anecdotes.

- Achieving a certain state
This happened to Jake who managed to evolve by casting the Imprint command. It also almost happened to MC when he tried to increase his size too much.

- Power Depletion
This is how MC and Alice 2nd evolution worked. They reached past their breaking point during their respective fights and their state of mind triggered an evolution. Theoretically, the MC's 3rd evolution also involved power depletion according to the narrator although Xanthe claims it was artificially induced through exposure.

- Monster infection / Exposure to Monster material
This is an oddball. Ella mentions a case where a superhuman evolved once by power depletion, and again by a monster bite in the same day (he monsterified). Xanthe on the other hand seems to think that it requires a large amount of monster material for the trigger to happen.

4) Training and increasing Power are the best protection against monsterification.

- This is mentioned both by Ella and Xanthe. Xanthe also seems to think that his own serum has the risk of monsterification and he is only willing to give it to superhumans that are powerful and/or have spent enough time in their current level.

- According to Ella, this protection against Monsterification is subtle, especially during the later evolutions. The evolutionary process itself becomes easier and easier but it's still dangerous, perhaps increasingly so.

5) The third evolution is what seperates the boys from men.

- Xanthe mentions this during his lecture. At level 3 the body understands that it can no longer limit the power, so it creates the necessary mechanisms for continuous improvement.

- Ella also claims something of the sort, calling the 3rd evolution unfair compared to the previous two.

- It's technically possible for a level 3 to be as strong as a level 5, although according to Ella, the level 5 improves faster than the level 3, just like the level 2 improved faster than the level 1.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
The missus happens to have some knowledge of old english from her university days and she said pretty much the same thing chatgpt is saying, kind of hilarious that translating it earlier completely slipped my mind since I did translate the "teacher" phrase. :KEK:
Yeah, i first tried google translate but that just gave ridiculous translations, if at all...
But some of that old English/Saxon actually has some similarities to (old) Dutch and Fresian... Although the alphabet clearly evolved since those days...
There were several others before me that translated some stuff, that's when i decided to try chatgpt... (credit to them! lol)

devilsdetails

Jun 18, 2018
Some thoughts on evolution based on dialogue snippets:

1) The speed by which an individual evolves doesn't necessarily mean anything in regards to his power level.

Henri evolved 4 times in 4 days. He also seems depressed about it. Lisa claims that Henri would be one of the most powerful HERO captains if he "embraced" his power. Of course this could be because it's possible he'd been level 5 the longest, but I doubt that this is the case, as most captains used to be friends and probably have similar ages.

2) A level 5 individual has unlocked all the powers that he can possibly unlock.

There are a lot of indicators that this is the case. Evolving early does not mean that you potentially lose the chance to unlock powers. It's also possible that the evolution process teaches the superhuman how to use these powers. Examples:

- MC unlocked his tail during his 2nd evolution trance. However the tail can also be used during the diner deadend in the very early stages of the game.

- Ella tried for a long time to achieve her natural 5th evolution. Once she evolved she unlocked new abilities like the one that forces her body to resist change.

- Xanthe also claims that this is the case. At level 5 a superhuman is complete and he knows all there is to know about his abilities. He can still improve, but no new ones.

3) Triggering the evolution is pretty much a random event. Mastery, Training and Power do not matter. However there are some recurring triggers mentioned in the anecdotes.

- Achieving a certain state
This happened to Jake who managed to evolve by casting the Imprint command. It also almost happened to MC when he tried to increase his size too much.

- Power Depletion
This is how MC and Alice 2nd evolution worked. They reached past their breaking point during their respective fights and their state of mind triggered an evolution. Theoretically, the MC's 3rd evolution also involved power depletion according to the narrator although Xanthe claims it was artificially induced through exposure.

- Monster infection / Exposure to Monster material
This is an oddball. Ella mentions a case where a superhuman evolved once by power depletion, and again by a monster bite in the same day (he monsterified). Xanthe on the other hand seems to think that it requires a large amount of monster material for the trigger to happen.

4) Training and increasing Power are the best protection against monsterification.

- This is mentioned both by Ella and Xanthe. Xanthe also seems to think that his own serum has the risk of monsterification and he is only willing to give it to superhumans that are powerful and/or have spent enough time in their current level.

- According to Ella, this protection against Monsterification is subtle, especially during the later evolutions. The evolutionary process itself becomes easier and easier but it's still dangerous, perhaps increasingly so.

5) The third evolution is what seperates the boys from men.

- Xanthe mentions this during his lecture. At level 3 the body understands that it can no longer limit the power, so it creates the necessary mechanisms for continuous improvement.

- Ella also claims something of the sort, calling the 3rd evolution unfair compared to the previous two.

- It's technically possible for a level 3 to be as strong as a level 5, although according to Ella, the level 5 improves faster than the level 3, just like the level 2 improved faster than the level 1.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think in Henri's case when Lisa is talking about embracing his power she's talking about corruption. Corruption seems to have a pretty powerful influence on the direction a superhuman's powers take. It also seems to be alternatively helpful or harmful. Alexis's metal erupting from her body seems to be a side effect of her increasing corruption; maybe at higher levels she'd just be a living liquid metal body and lose her human components (speculation obviously). Lucius on the other hand seems to enjoy the corrupt path of his powers (who knows, mayne that's how he has a daughter - Also completley possible he had before going superhuman).
Maybe Henri's powers would wildly damage his sense of himself were he to fully embrace them. Duncan seems pretty reticent of corruption too given that he could have chosen to take the serum to evolve a long time ago but actively refused.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes