ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
You mean I have to sacrifice one of the most interesting encouters in this update to save a girl what probably won't want me...?
View attachment 2691509
That's a difficult decision...
Yeah, for my corruption route I went with hot breeding mommy but in my good boi playthrough I just let Deryl fuck her and saved Laurie.

The way I see it that decision is going to bite us in the ass anyway since the offspring is going to attack us (in my good boi route im like might as well be Deryl that gets hunted lol although chances are we are gonna be in that fight anyway to save the homie Deryl).

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Yeah, for my corruption route I went with hot breeding mommy but in my good boi playthrough I just let Deryl fuck her and saved Laurie.

The way I see it that decision is going to bite us in the ass anyway since the offspring is going to attack us (in my good boi route im like might as well be Deryl that gets hunted lol although chances are we are gonna be in that fight anyway to save the homie Deryl).
What's to say the offspring will attack us though ?

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Am i the only one who thinks that the whole monster mommy probably wont be followed up on (at least not as much as people seem to think)? You have to consider that WW would have to write 2 separate offspring (since MC and Deryls powers/attitudes/looks are so drastically different (also deryl doesn't have the weird eye unnamed monster that we do), as well as writing a fight for whoever did not breed the monster during the part when the offspring comes back. Also what if you choose to go down that path but not breed with her? If the game does not force you to breed then that means the part where the offspring show up would have to have a fight for both deryl and MC.

I guess this could change if it is an event that you can choose to do during the day but even then it would be unlikely to have any real plot significance because it is behind one (or two) choices.

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
Am i the only one who thinks that the whole monster mommy probably wont be followed up on (at least not as much as people seem to think)? You have to consider that WW would have to write 2 separate offspring (since MC and Deryls powers/attitudes/looks are so drastically different (also deryl doesn't have the weird eye unnamed monster that we do), as well as writing a fight for whoever did not breed the monster during the part when the offspring comes back. Also what if you choose to go down that path but not breed with her? If the game does not force you to breed then that means the part where the offspring show up would have to have a fight for both deryl and MC.

I guess this could change if it is an event that you can choose to do during the day but even then it would be unlikely to have any real plot significance because it is behind one (or two) choices.
It's a dead end if you go down that path but don't breed with her.

Reactions: Simpgor

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
Fuck i should not had send the little troll to look for a goth chick they erased my post XD. And the thing with the goth chicks here is that i already have one who i can fuck any time she wants XD and when she push my buttons and boy she knows how that's why tiff is out of my list i find her funny but more like that friend that you kind of hate but also love at the same time so yeah no to tiff and no to camellia from pathfinder the fuck is wrong with you ladies D:

• Haha
Reactions: bloodaxis

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Ella put in her letter to Christie and Emily that Christie isn't physically compatible with becoming a superhuman and she hasn't found a monster that Emily is mentally compatible with, so she would end up coming back to recruit the MC when she needs him. I don't think she'll have a pill for Emily at any point in the story. I thought Emily being infected by Valraven, or even Valraven's progenitor would be cool. Shadow Knight Emily would be very fitting with her goth aesthetic.
The way Ella says is "While physically you are better suited than Mc or me, I'm afraid mentally you are a little too unstable. I also sadly don't know what the right match for you would be even if you could get yourself under control".
I don't think she means being "mentally compatible" with a monster, instead it seems that she is too mentally unstable to make it through the transformation, whitout monsterfying i guess.
Maybe Ella never met a monster she thinks is compatible for her but no matter the monster she still thinks she is too unstable. Thinking about it now i wonder if Emily can simply find a monster and be infected even whitout Ella's interference, i mean someone more compatible than Mc and Ella, the chosen of 3rd and 4th could very well be a good target even for a numbered.

Reactions: TerminusPrime

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018

Honestly, I feel like if it was followed up on we won't see the variant of Deryl's offspring. Deryl doesn't know that the offspring will come for him because he never sees Val in the prison (from what we know thus far).

Which means he'll be blindsided in that path and might even get killed.

Although we might be able to get revenge for Deryl if he were killed in that path and eat his offspring thus seeing it that way (so gives Weird time to prep Deryl's offspring and all).

Last edited:

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Btw people are confusing some facts. Emily is not more compatible than MC, because Ella thinks we only have 1 power and does not know we also have the memory power. We also have the eye, but we are still blind about that matter.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Btw people are confusing some facts. Emily is not more compatible than MC, because Ella thinks we only have 1 power and does not know we also have the memory power. We also have the eye, but we are still blind about that matter.
Ella could immediatly figure out which cmpatibility the MC has.
However, she stated herself in one of her scenes (not the letter) that she couldn't figure out the right match for Emily. If memory serves, she says she has more options, but none that is especially perfect compared to the others.
That piece of information stuck to my memory because I wondered if it was foreshadowing.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Honestly, I feel like if it was followed up on we won't see the variant of Deryl's offspring. Deryl doesn't know that the offspring will come for him because he never sees Val in the prison (from what we know thus far).

Which means he'll be blindsided in that path and might even get killed.

Although we might be able to get revenge for Deryl if he were killed in that path and eat his offspring.

so you think we wont see deryl verison but that also deryl will die to it? I know that Laurie was killed but she has not been part of the game the entire time, nor has she had multiple prolonged or solo fights/arcs dedicated to her, the chances of deryl meeting the same fate is ridiculously low. In your proposed path where deryl dies MC would still have to be given a choice on whether to eat/kill the offspring (for example what if my MC hates deryl and wants to bring the offspring into the crew for finally killing him?).

I hope people see what I mean when I say that the variables associated with the potential offspring(s) would balloon externally fast

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Ella could immediatly figure out which cmpatibility the MC has.
However, she stated herself in one of her scenes (not the letter) that she couldn't figure out the right match for Emily. If memory serves, she says she has more options, but none that is especially perfect compared to the others.
That piece of information stuck to my memory because I wondered if it was foreshadowing.
It IS strange right ? She is at the same time very suited to monster infection but Ella, being so deep in monster knowledge, doesn't know a perfect match. To me that is foreshadowing for sure.
It could be even an explanation to Emily having different powers depending on the story, and specially if it involved Mc's decisions through it.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
so you think we wont see deryl verison but that also deryl will die to it? I know that Laurie was killed but she has not been part of the game the entire time, nor has she had multiple prolonged or solo fights/arcs dedicated to her, the chances of deryl meeting the same fate is ridiculously low. In your proposed path where deryl dies MC would still have to be given a choice on whether to eat/kill the offspring (for example what if my MC hates deryl and wants to bring the offspring into the crew for finally killing him?).

I hope people see what I mean when I say that the variables associated with the potential offspring(s) would balloon externally fast
There's a lot of possibilities with it yeah. But it probably will happen since a lot of her children are strong so I doubt it'll be just some one off single fight and all back to normal.

Like it's something that has a major consequence. I feel like Weird could pull it off depending on what he decides with either offspring.

Hell we aren't even 100% sure Deryl even bred her but the way he reacted when we met up with him again kinda signals that he did.

The reason I mention Deryl dying is well...simply because he has no heads up to the situation. MC knows of what could happen because if he does breed the monster Val just straight up says "Yeah watch out for the offspring its gonna come for you" but Deryl doesn't get the luxury that MC gets of knowing ahead of time.

That update involving the offspring is most likely gonna be a huge one too (gonna suck waiting for that).

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
It IS strange right ? She is at the same time very suited to monster infection but Ella, being so deep in monster knowledge, doesn't know a perfect match. To me that is foreshadowing for sure.
It could be even an explanation to Emily having different powers depending on the story, and specially if it involved Mc's decisions through it.
At the current state of the story, I doubt Emily would be infected. We can make her less of a pushover, but she's far from being as mentally strong as she'd need to be. If that was to happen -which I personally doubt but we never know- her personal story would need to get quite a bit farther.

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
Ella seemed surprised by the avatar of the 7th that kills the avatar of the 4th in the early dead end. If she hasn't had an encounter with that Apostle she wouldn't know how compatible it would be with Emily.
That's also partially wishful thinking, cause I still think Shadow Knight Emily would be really cool.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Come on. Deryl's been, like, the MC absolute best bro. No other male character has been as much a bro as him.
Cut him some slack.
No no my fault, I could've sworn on a stack of Bibles that he ONLY traded with Aglaecwif, but I finally went back to settle it with my nagging brain and saw his Derylness leak through that he did probably indeed fuck her.

Sorry not a Deryl fan

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
There's a lot of possibilities with it yeah. But it probably will happen since a lot of her children are strong so I doubt it'll be just some one off single fight and all back to normal.

Like it's something that has a major consequence. I feel like Weird could pull it off depending on what he decides with either offspring.

Hell we aren't even 100% sure Deryl even bred her but the way he reacted when we met up with him again kinda signals that he did.

The reason I mention Deryl dying is well...simply because he has no heads up to the situation. MC knows of what could happen because if he does breed the monster Val just straight up says "Yeah watch out for the offspring its gonna come for you" but Deryl doesn't get the luxury that MC gets of knowing ahead of time.

That update involving the offspring is most likely gonna be a huge one too (gonna suck waiting for that).
WW could easily write a single fight for either MC or Deryl but that is not what he would have to do. WW would have to write 4 satisfying fights (deryl v offspring, deryl vs random, mc vs offspring, and mc vs random) . Or he would have to skip one of their fights while still somehow maintaining the escalation that the fights have regardless of which combo you choose.

I can say with 1000% certainty that there will never be an "offspring update" when has WW ever made an entire update focused on a single path where multiple are available? For "half" the people the update would literally be "nothing happened MC just woke up and trained for a week straight".

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
WW could easily write a single fight for either MC or Deryl but that is not what he would have to do. WW would have to write 4 satisfying fights (deryl v offspring, deryl vs random, mc vs offspring, and mc vs random) . Or he would have to skip one of their fights while still somehow maintaining the escalation that the fights have regardless of which combo you choose.

I can say with 1000% certainty that there will never be an "offspring update" when has WW ever made an entire update focused on a single path where multiple are available? For "half" the people the update would literally be "nothing happened MC just woke up and trained for a week straight".
Agreed but they do hint that the beginning of this update's choices will have a major impact. The only choices we really received in the beginning were the Aglaecwif or Laurie path. In addition that if we 100% win against Deryl we get a special bonus. So I have no clue what all that means, but they've never taken the time in a afterword before to mention a huge impact via your choices (save for the Ella or Alice/Michael Patreon vote)

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes