mcmng

May 19, 2020
I agree that Dexter would probably survive it but that doesn't necessarily make him a bad target. He may be marked but it's implied that Nyx needs a body or to be in close proximity to resurrect someone. Whatever charms he may have would need to be incredibly strong, making him either untargetable, unable to be shallowed or indestructible with the ability to wound or kill the monster himself. Otherwise the monster just eats him and flees. Alexis doesn't have the best track record in underground fights and I doubt that humans can actually create that powerful items which turn businessmen into gods.

Instead the monster just kills Alaric and lingers there, waiting for the Captains to finish their chat and kill it. In the same timeframe Kenny had already killed multiple partygoers. So in my opinion, everything about the scene is just too fishy to be an actual attack on Dexter's credibility or property.
That Mofo wields a freaking power glove, I'm pretty sure the chimera wouldn't get even near him without that infinity gauntlet looking thing going off, doing whatever it's supposed to do.

bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, it's possible to cross inherit the twins traits from a singular Twin.
I have this pet theory that for that to happen you basically need to have gotten the attention of your particular apostles origin and then they approve you to have the power through the link to you, I also think this is what happened to the mc and the reason he was approved is either because he had a connection to the origin from before or he was just compatible because of whatever happened to him. It seems to me that the connection to the origin is almost entirely where the powers come from, hence origin. Could obviously again just be the ramblings of a madman but to me it fits, for now anyway.

Instead the monster just kills Alaric and lingers there, waiting for the Captains to finish their chat and kill it. In the same timeframe Kenny had already killed multiple partygoers. So in my opinion, everything about the scene is just too fishy to be an actual attack on Dexter's credibility or property.
It's for that reason I think the monster might have been something that Deryl was working on before everything happened that SIN/langdon got their hands on, and they decided to use it to get rid of Alaric, a future thorn in their side, who at any point in the game is a much easier target than almost anyone else in that venue. Anyone else of any consequence anyway to their knowledge.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
As far as I'm concerned, it's possible to cross inherit the twins traits from a singular Twin.
I feel like that defeats he purpose of having a grandiose title for each Twin in the first place then.

There are Twins that DON'T really fit the overall vibe of each other, whether it be looks or abilities. Take the 1st & the 2nd; they don't look alike at all, the 2nd shows virtually no traits of the 1st and vise versa during our brief view of them. There's also the 7th & 8th, which are polar opposites in terms of powers, they should have literally no common compatibility whatsoever, even in their mannerisms (7th wants everything dead and dark, doubt it's creational double wants the same thing despite apparently having duplicate traits apparently).

I'll always die on the hill that the MC was DOUBLE injected by the 3rd and 4th. Cause it's not like the MC has JUST a portion of the alternative ability, he has damn near the EQUIVALENT mastery of it as much as the main one you pick. Not even the Twins show complete control over both abilities so why would it make sense to be able to inherit BOTH abilities from 1? It makes the 2nd COMPLETELY useless. Why have the Dark Lord if Light Queen can just be Dark Lord every Tuesday? Especially if they can pass on a power that isn't even their created purpose in the first place.

Eh sorry for this rant, guess it just rubs me the wrong way from a narrative perspective that only ONE of the Twins infected you instead of just having both, that way it's an actual team effort, and not just some luck of the draw "happen to have both" abilities to full mastery.

Demandred20

Sep 12, 2019
So anybody have an idea as to what release date the latest devlog mentioned?
I doubt WW himself knows the exact date since he puts things out as quick as hes done and after some testing but he said mid July and 17-18th seems reasonable considering his earlier releases which have been early in the week.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
My initial thought was that the 4th just changed MC's memory and made him think that she turned into a hot chick and blew him. But after killing Jake, it's obvious that the 4th can also shapeshift, since she takes a snakelike form to constrict Authority.

Deadend 3 also gives a clue, assuming that the darkness monster is indeed the 7th, that he has some light based power? The one that ultimately kills MC.So I think it's fair to assume that the numbered have both traits to a certain extend.

DrakoGhoul's theory of "cross" inheritance fits these clues,

I think that it's more complex than that and the theory needs to take into account the differences between human and monster physiology. Perhaps in time, through Deryl, we will learn more on the topic.

I do have an uneedlesssly complex theory on the matter, but I don't want to talk about it yet cause I haven't figured it out completely. However for that specific part it's fairly straightforward, even if I'm making some big assumptions.

1) We know that the Arbiter can "possess" the MC.
2) We also know that the Apostles, just like the Arbiter, can't manifest in the "human" plane.
3) We know that Apostles created monsterkind.
4) Lastly we know that Apostles use Avatars to do their business in the material plane, exactly like the Arbiter does with MC.

With these 4 clues, I think that the Avatars are monsters, and they are the children of the Apostles. Essentially the twins fucked each other or used whatever breeding method they have iat their disposal, to create monsters that they possessed.

Due to that, the Avatars do indeed have both powers, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the Apostles themselves have both powers.
However, since these avatars carry both traits, it's possible to pass either or both, depending on the host's physiology.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DrakoGhoul

Asherandai

Sep 20, 2018
Reading all this discussion is making me realise I've missed a shitton of stuff... I'm not even sure what some of the stuff people are talking about is... What's the "Arbiter" and how/why is it different to the Apostles?

*sigh* I'm gonna have to play through again now...

NameNo003

Jan 26, 2023
Gentlemans, I was promoted after the successful spy misson of S.I.N base to become personal agent for Mr Prime Minister Dexter Miliken, which was an opportunity to get a look at the Miliken family. Claudia was such a nice girl so today I bring you the most wealthy family of the entire world.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Share your thoughts and opinions, I would love to see more and more of them since they feed my corruption. Who know when I reach the peak of it, what will happen? ;)

The Specter

Jan 27, 2023
Gentlemans, I was promoted after the successful spy misson of S.I.N base to become personal agent for Mr Prime Minister Dexter Miliken, which was an opportunity to get a look at the Miliken family. Claudia was such a nice girl so today I bring you the most wealthy family of the entire world.

Share your thoughts and opinions, I would love to see more and more of them since they feed my corruption. Who know when I reach the peak of it, what will happen? ;)
Claudia is definitely the closest to her ingame sprite

devilsdetails

Jun 18, 2018

These look awesome! But I have no idea how you managed to make Tiffany look older than Dexter

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
Reading all this discussion is making me realise I've missed a shitton of stuff... I'm not even sure what some of the stuff people are talking about is... What's the "Arbiter" and how/why is it different to the Apostles?

*sigh* I'm gonna have to play through again now...
Just think is jhon wick high table but with monsters instead of a Group of Alarics XD. Boy cuckboy had few scenes but he made them shine and that finale was an opus of dark humor. :)

Last edited:

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018

Goddddd damn does Claudia look beautiful! I also dig how dexter looks (bro's fit is clean).

Reactions: Sayajin2205

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
1688416101989.png I love alexis new model, hope we will able to romance her and add her to our expending harem, her and Nicollete. I want MC to bring her cocky smug down.

Also love the universe, a cyberpunk one world govermant setting, adding monsters and superpowers its always a win.

Reactions: bloodaxis

bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
I feel like that defeats he purpose of having a grandiose title for each Twin in the first place then.

There are Twins that DON'T really fit the overall vibe of each other, whether it be looks or abilities. Take the 1st & the 2nd; they don't look alike at all, the 2nd shows virtually no traits of the 1st and vise versa during our brief view of them. There's also the 7th & 8th, which are polar opposites in terms of powers, they should have literally no common compatibility whatsoever, even in their mannerisms (7th wants everything dead and dark, doubt it's creational double wants the same thing despite apparently having duplicate traits apparently).

I'll always die on the hill that the MC was DOUBLE injected by the 3rd and 4th. Cause it's not like the MC has JUST a portion of the alternative ability, he has damn near the EQUIVALENT mastery of it as much as the main one you pick. Not even the Twins show complete control over both abilities so why would it make sense to be able to inherit BOTH abilities from 1? It makes the 2nd COMPLETELY useless. Why have the Dark Lord if Light Queen can just be Dark Lord every Tuesday? Especially if they can pass on a power that isn't even their created purpose in the first place.

Eh sorry for this rant, guess it just rubs me the wrong way from a narrative perspective that only ONE of the Twins infected you instead of just having both, that way it's an actual team effort, and not just some luck of the draw "happen to have both" abilities to full mastery.
I agree with this for narrative reasons, which is why I think it's the connection to the origin that lets us have both powers, there's a reason they're called origin/teacher after all and it's likely to do with the fact that the power descends from them in a more direct way than just offspring inheriting it.

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
Brah that is wuxia shit right there XD even the names of the monster factions sounds like that i mean the océan of strength was it? That's a wuxia sect name right there lol.

Aristarkhos

Jun 23, 2017
I'll always die on the hill that the MC was DOUBLE injected by the 3rd and 4th.
I am of the opinion that this is likely the reason MC was specifically injected.
A cocktail specifically made to give both traits in equal measure.
Monsters don't have to inject a victim to infect them.
They can use whatever medium for infection they like.

Alternatively, maybe their mental invasion- because both use telepathy on MC- infected MC with the Memory trait.
And the injection infected him with the Body trait. Functionally the same, a deliberate infection with both traits.

Last edited:

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
I am of the opinion that this is likely the reason MC was specifically injected.
A cocktail specifically made to give both traits in equal measure.
Monsters don't have to inject a victim to infect them.
They can use whatever medium for infection they like.

Alternatively, maybe their mental invasion- because both use telepathy on MC- infected MC with the Memory trait.
And the injection infected him with the Body trait. Functionally the same, a deliberate infection with both traits.
I agree. MC was given that specific pill for a reason by Ella for a specific purpose. A purpose she couldn't fulfill. I suspect that before he was infected at the park he still wasn't entirely human. The descriptions of MC's mother imply she wasn't human, perhaps she was a monster who chose to live as a human and have a family. We know that a special few monsters are able to reproduce with humans so this could make the MC a hybrid or something similar. This might make him different to the other superhumans and allow him to fulfill the purpose Ella couldn't herself.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes