Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018
I already addressed this in the very post you qouted so you mentioning it, again, is irrelevant. The fact that this is what got so many people so hung up on him is down right hilarious.

The rest of this is disingenuous as hell. I'm not about to go into yet another rant about this though. You're free to hold whatever personal grudge you have against Deryl you want. I don't care. Excusing Jake because of Ella "manipulating" him but holding everything Deryl did while under actual mind control is certainly a take.
Yes, I just felt like you were trying to brush aside what he did in your post. So I just thought I'd put more emphasis on it. He fought us under no one else's influence of his own volition and proceeded to monsterify. he still had his mind and freedom while monsterfied and proceeded to make rebus while joined with the enemy faction to become perfect and try to kill the MC again. We agree on that chain of events?

I literally did not bring up anything Deryl did while under mind control. You calling me disingenuous while deliberately misinterpreting what I said is hilarious though. If I was actually disingenuous I'd say "you excusing what Deryl did as mind control while blaming every thing on Jake is crazy to me".

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
"I choose to ignore this entire part of the story because it doesn't fit my view." Okay dude that's fine it still makes him a prick we are also never given a reason to fucking care about Deryl your kidself just goes and helps someone who was a cunt for no reason. I didn't forget anything the dead moms is the only reason the MC does anything with Deryl and that's flimsy reasoning.
We are given plenty of damn reasons to 'like' or 'care' about Deryl, you're just ignoring them.

To put it simple, when a player first gets into the game they are introduced to multiple characters and Deryl is obviously one of them.

Liz is a character whom the MC is setup to have been avoiding as of late which sets the tone of tension between the two (I believe MC asked her out or whatever prior to the game start).

Deryl isn't like this whatsoever and is quite friendly towards the MC and continues to be just like this throughout the game up to a certain point.

Your reasoning for ignoring the blatant and obvious reason for liking him is quite apparent. I ignored the past because it's not relevant and nor will it ever be...because its the past. We are introduced to him as friends and the past is nothing more than backstory for how their friendship started.

Was kid Deryl a dick? Sure. Although we cannot forget the obvious that Deryl just recently lost his mother and before you say some shit about "The MC isn't acting like him" every human reacts differently to death and Deryl is lashing out as his response and acting like a dick. I won't fault a child for not being able to handle shit like that properly.

The MC also has the choice to egg Deryl on and amp up Deryl's antics so I won't put MC on a high standard of 'good' and not being a 'dick' either...although both are kids and kids have a habit of being dicks.

It's also kinda funny you actually think the mom thing is the 'only' reason whatsoever for their friendship. It's very clear that MC helping Deryl during that fight with his dad had impact and it cannot be ignored. (Oh and lets not forget the blatant child abuse that happened to Deryl and his brother due to his mother's death...I believe that's what caused his dad to go off the deep end and it also attributes to Deryl's dickish behavior).

But you know...go on and continue your blind hatred of a character simply because you can't pull yer head out of your ass because "PaSt DeRyL bAd"

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Yes, I just felt like you were trying to brush aside what he did in your post. So I just thought I'd put more emphasis on it. He fought us under no one else's influence of his own volition and proceeded to monsterify. he still had his mind and freedom while monsterfied and proceeded to make rebus while joined with the enemy faction to become perfect and try to kill the MC again. We agree on that chain of events?

I literally did not bring up anything Deryl did while under mind control. You calling me disingenuous while deliberately misinterpreting what I said is hilarious though. If I was actually disingenuous I'd say "you excusing what Deryl did as mind control while blaming every thing on Jake is crazy to me".
I don't care that you wanted to put more emphasis on it. It's irrelevant. I addressed it in the post that you chose to reply to but somehow ignored the contents of. And no, we don't have an agreement on the chain of events. Deryl became a monster, he tells you his literal experience from it. He was anything but in his right state of mind and even when he did regain lucidity, he still couldn't go to the MC's side because he's now a full monster with the desires and instincts that came with it.

You also were being disingenuous with your reply. You're trying to excuse Jake's actions while only holding Deryl accountable for everything he did, even as a monster. I might've misspoke with the mind control bit but my point remains the same. Jake didn't just break free from being mind raped and decided he wanted to test himself against his friend before being turned into a Monster because he wanted to tell his friend what Ella was plotting. Everything Jake did was under his own choice.

Like I said, I don't feel like ranting about Jake and Ella, yet again. This is my last response on this subject so make your reply count. I said my piece in that first comment and I don't feel the need or desire to drag this out with anyone else in this thread. You dudes are entitled to hate on whatever character you want to for whatever reason you deem deserved.

Reactions: necromater

akforeplay

Oct 20, 2019
View attachment 2795047
The mods i can feel them already stop it before they awake

I mean the dude didn't have to reply, I simply stated I personally disliked the character and a couple of reasons but he felt the need to start an argument. You guys can like Deryl and I can hate him there is nothing wrong with differing ideas. But the moment "I had my head up my ass" was a bit much.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I mean the dude didn't have to reply, I simply stated I personally disliked the character and a couple of reasons but he felt the need to start an argument. You guys can like Deryl and I can hate him there is nothing wrong with differing ideas. But the moment "I had my head up my ass" was a bit much.
Buddy if you think this is anywhere remotely an argument...oh your new you missed out on that.

Also, If I haven't made it clear you're being blinded by the past which isn't relevant in the grand scheme of things at least in regards to their current friendship despite however it started be it on a solid or weak foundation it still happened.

• Angry
Reactions: necromater

Dominosaur

Nov 21, 2021
Offering a topic change because this is annoying:

Who do you think has the strongest Endgame Kit (besides the MC, if we ignore protagonist powers and all)

I think it's Alice. Gravity may be extremely weak, but it's basically unbounded. If she can create gravity wells around her hands and feet, she can maybe create them in other spots, outside her body. If she can create them INSIDE someone else's body, or even just right next to them, it could be devastating.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018

Who do you think has the strongest Endgame Kit (besides the MC, if we ignore protagonist powers and all)

I think it's Alice. Gravity may be extremely weak, but it's basically unbounded. If she can create gravity wells around her hands and feet, she can maybe create them in other spots, outside her body. If she can create them INSIDE someone else's body, or even just right next to them, it could be devastating.
Hmm now that's a damn good question.

Besides the MC I'd actually hand it to Deryl. Now I don't actually know if Deryl can split himself up again like what happened before but if he could there's damn near no limit to what he could do.

I believe I said it earlier today during mah Rebis explanation but Deryl during the time he was split up his clones came up with nifty ideas which it seems like the main Deryl is capable of doing what they did.

Now imagine he is able to get his clones to do it again and again and again now working together instead of fighting against each other.

It'd be like Naruto abusing his Shadow clone technique since he absorbs all the knowledge they have.

And with Deryl wanting to do monster shit with the MC (gathering knowledge and DNA) Deryl could go fuckin wild with it and have his clones studying various things.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I mean I was pretty neglected for a while and

I mean I was neglected had multiple family members die had brain surgery which fucked my ability to feel emotions as strongly and had heart problems the treatment of which gave me a spinal infection all when I was 14. And I never took it out on anyone in fact I did my damnedest to make sure I went out of my way to help people and be nice, there was never any reason to take my suffering out on other people so anyone is a bit much.

But I digress this argument is clearly winding you up if you won't admit it and since the mods are on their way to fry both of us lets just stop.
Again, everyone handles things differently just because you did it that way doesn't mean tim down the way will as well.

But yeah dropping it is for the best :)

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018

Well, ignoring stuff that we know to be the strongest, "Order", I would say maybe Tiffany? If we're just limiting it to the MC's age group/circle. She can potentially supercharge herself, turn into literal light and may have the ability to make Hard/Solid Light in the future. She can be extremely well rounded in everything. The only problem would be her physical strikes until she develops a way to attack, even as Light. Maybe with Hard Light?

So yeah, I would give it to Tiffany for now. After her would be Alice for me. This is only for the current cast in game though. MC would obviously be my main choice if he was included. Memory Trait can become really broken.

Reactions: ItzSyther

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Well, ignoring stuff that we know to be the strongest, "Order", I would say maybe Tiffany? If we're just limiting it to the MC's age group/circle. She can potentially supercharge herself, turn into literal light and may have the ability to make Hard/Solid Light in the future. She can be extremely well rounded in everything. The only problem would be her physical strikes until she develops a way to attack, even as Light. Maybe with Hard Light?

So yeah, I would give it to Tiffany for now. After her would be Alice for me. This is only for the current cast in game though. MC would obviously be my main choice if he was included. Memory Trait can become really broken.
Who'd you go with if it wasn't limited to (potentially?) only MC's age group? Despite my dislike of her I think Nico has the potential to fuck up just about anyone depending how far her power extends to.

It'd be fucking wild if she could one day yeet someone into a blackhole or outside our galaxy (I still think her power is limited solely to the inner solar system or perhaps at max the entire solar system but it seems like inner is her current max since in bad end she yeets MC into space but Earth is still visible and in the most recent update she brought a bit of the Sun down on Ella).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DrakoGhoul

necromater

Aug 21, 2018

Yeah alice power is kind of so op i mean lvl 5 Vortex on earth Core that's it no more earth or moon so yeah kind of scary XD deryl yup if we want to go emperor of mankind he is out belisarius cawl because malcador would be tiff her power is kind of weird i mean she will be able to travel the solar system just to take a walk so i dont know we have to see her kicking ass to be sure. Boy Michael is another danger at lvl 5 most likely he would be able to suck part of the sun or the whole sun XD. I really hope he doesn't go crazy and gonna eat the sun because power XD . Brah the powers of the numbers are something i mean im sure as hell lvl 5 michael can kick malik ass we will have to see but my real answer is jake lucky for us he is that tame And not like lets see tiff now that would be a horror tiff with the powers of the first XD

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
After thinking about it a bit more (other than Deryl and Nico) I think Jake is high up there too.

If only he had more confidence and competence he could of went nutters on humanity as a whole and i believe he was still level 1 (or maybe 2?) when he was able to fuck with the minds of other superhumans so imagine how fuckin strong his power will be at level 5 (not to mention the fact I imagine he'd have other abilities to go along side his main power) a world where Jake is able to mind fuck everyone is a scary thought indeed.

Reactions: MattiaBinotto

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Who'd you go with if it wasn't limited to (potentially?) only MC's age group? Despite my dislike of her I think Nico has the potential to fuck up just about anyone depending how far her power extends to.

It'd be fucking wild if she could one day yeet someone into a blackhole or outside our galaxy (I still think her power is limited solely to the inner solar system or perhaps at max the entire solar system but it seems like inner is her current max since in bad end she yeets MC into space but Earth is still visible and in the most recent update she brought a bit of the Sun down on Ella).
Deus actually. Time Manipulation OP. Even more so if he's like the MC and has Dual Traits like I think he does. Controlling both Time and Space together would be so powerful.

Nico would be a good pick but she has her limitations, which are mostly fine. Her trait falls under the 6th though, so Deus edges her. If he inherited both the assumed 5th Apostle and 6th Apostle traits. He could do what she can and more with both.

Reactions: ItzSyther

BadToBone

Dec 29, 2021
Before I played this game, I never realised how absolutely broken regeneration is. Most of the important fights the MC has fought have been uphill (Nico, Klaus, Val, Deryl kinda?). Unless you're strong enough to instantly disintegrate the MC, you're fucked. Hell even if we just had regen and basic superhuman abilities - increased strength, speed and what not, our powers would still be among the best even without the shapeshifting and memory fuckery. We can see from the Nico fight how Ella dominated a boosted up Nico. The only disadvantage is Aoe mfs like Malik or Klaus are a kind of a direct counter to us.

Also, excluding the MC, Alice has the most potential imo. She seemed way stronger that she should've been at level 1.

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
I mostly agree, I actually like Alexis after the wedding(not just because you can fuck her) but honestly I'd probably be an asshole too if I had to push sharp metal out of myself so I didn't fuck up my insides.

Teleport bitch is also nicer to you if you wipe the floor with the Raven Knight.

But Deryl 100% it feels like the dev is pushing too hard to get people to like him but he is a prick. Some people say "Oh but he was mind fucked" nah he was a massive cunt before that so there are 0 reasons he should be your friend at all let alone best friend, both our moms died let's bond is extremely flimsy reasoning. If I ever get the option to kill him I'm 100% doing it.
He's just a straight up dickhead and a terrible person. Douchebag as a kid and a douchebag now. cant stand him

Anex09

Dec 1, 2022
I wonder if Jake somehow manage to go lvl 5, can he use his powers against other superhumans who also level 5?
Also do you guys think Ella wanted to Jake win against mc? His powers could be useful to her until he becomes confident enough to Ella thinks its time to end him.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I wonder if Jake somehow manage to go lvl 5, can he use his powers against other superhumans who also level 5?
Also do you guys think Ella wanted to Jake win against mc? His powers could be useful to her until he becomes confident enough to Ella thinks its time to end him.
Honestly even if he reached level 5 he most likely wouldn't be able to go against the other level 5s at least for a while. Ella despite being the same level as Malik still got pummeled by him (its all about the training and experience mannnnn) so as long as he trained enough and got a good handle on his shit I suppose with time he could overwhelm the other level 5s as long as he's equal or greater to their power (MC was able to resist Jake's influence despite being around the same level but his power was greater).

Also when it comes to Ella wanting Jake to win or not I don't think she cared either way since she would of gotten what she wanted in the end. I believe it was to teach MC and Jake a lesson of sorts in her own twisted way.

Depending on how the player deals with Jake it also furthers her goal of making MC stronger for whatever it is she has planned (consuming Jake vs not).

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
I unlocked every scene in the gallery apart from the misc one in the second page all the way down to the left. if someone could tell me how to unlock it i'll appreciate it very much

• Red Heart
Reactions: RonaldGrand6969
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes