Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
It depends for me personally and I'm sure for everyone else as well. My take:

I don't dislike total scums like Jared, Long, Prison Gang, Alderman Thugs, etc. etc. Because whenever they DO show up it's brief and are obviously just there to spice up my power fantasy. I know I can crush them at any time, PLAY with them, or use them like a fuckin fleshlight both metaphorically and physically. So while I understand some might HATE their personalities or as not good people; I don't hate their CHARACTER from a narrative perspective.

People I DO dislike from a narrative or just find their personalities to be plain out annoying are DERYL, Jake, Nicolette, and Alexis. YOU can like them, hell even I unexplainably love Ella, but for me:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Maybe this will change later on for Nico and Alexis because by then maybe I can shut them the fuck up physically (at Level 5). But for now the only thing I can do as my character and as a player/reader is LISTEN to them do whatever they want.
Agreed with everything except, Nico is a true baller and having a cool power made her cocky. Frfr

Mar 24, 2020
Maybe this will change later on for Nico and Alexis because by then maybe I can shut them the fuck up physically (at Level 5). But for now the only thing I can do as my character and as a player/reader is LISTEN to them do whatever they want.
i'm going to defend deryl here and say he was pretty messed whenever he tried to kill the main character but he always managed to resist in some shape and form to try to not kill the protagonist (Alice's heavens belle and clone deryl) he never wanted to really harm us, he was just put into messed up situations by jake and ella.

jake is unforgivable but at least if hes kept alive he helps The Main character fix mia showing us the only redeemable quality he still has, learning from his mistakes.

Nicolette is annoying but she's also pretty bold and favors the strong superhuman mindset rather then some of the weak minded hero agents who put lives at stake due their incompetence and/or cowardice. power also tends to favor the bold in this world too, giving evolutions who people who either actively seek it or are bold enough to earn it, , considering that nico earn her power + her evolutions and is most of the time unchallenged, it makes sense as to why she has a big ego

alexis has been getting better with her schedule clearing up thanks to the recent influx of hero operatives allowing to be less tired of hunting monsters all the time and even show off some of her better "personality". (plus having to purge metal like that, every day, must be painful)

BruceBerserk

Jun 11, 2023
i'm going to defend deryl here and say he was pretty messed whenever he tried to kill the main character but he always managed to resist in some shape and form to try to not kill the protagonist (Alice's heavens belle and clone deryl) he never wanted to really harm us, he was just put into messed up situations by jake and ella.

jake is unforgivable but at least if hes kept alive he helps The Main character fix mia showing us the only redeemable quality he still has, learning from his mistakes.

Nicolette is annoying but she's also pretty bold and favors the strong superhuman mindset rather then some of the weak minded hero agents who put lives at stake due their incompetence and/or cowardice. power also tends to favor the bold in this world too, giving evolutions who people who either actively seek it or are bold enough to earn it, , considering that nico earn her power + her evolutions and is most of the time unchallenged, it makes sense as to why she has a big ego

alexis has been getting better with her schedule clearing up thanks to the recent influx of hero operatives allowing to be less tired of hunting monsters all the time and even show off some of her better "personality". (plus having to purge metal like that, every day, must be painful)
1691602122717.png
1691602715368.png
We're all free to have opinions but a lot of people hate Deryl for things that were (mostly) out of his control, everytime he fought us (except for the middle school flashback) he was either mind-fucked by jake or monsterfied which is essentially the same as losing your conscious mind and playing back seat driver to your baser instincts that took control, the only time I can really say he was a dick was during the fight after the jake fight but before Deryl monsterfied when he regains control from jakes mindfuckery mid-fight and keeps going to see if he could beat the MC, here i can understand being pissed at Deryl with the acid traps and bone spikes knowing damn well the only reason the MC was there was to make sure he didn't lose the real Deryl. but other than that I can't think of any other moments to hate the guy for, on the contrary he helps the MC out at every turn he can, from the beginning figuring out what the MC is, his weaknesses, helping him form plans, helping him in the interview, then there was clone Deryl who was a homie, helped the MC in the battle of diamonds and sacrificed his body to rejoin and save the real Deryl and all the other Deryl clones/chimeras, even now Deryl is trying to help the MC become stronger with monster parts (I wonder if that's why xanthe's been feeding the MC all these new monster bits, Deryl could've tried to push it through as his assistant), and he's working together with the MC and Michael to protect amber and Liz.

Overall Deryl is a homie who fucked up royally in one scene, but has done so much to help the MC it outweighs his fuckup, and as for everything that monster Deryl and Del did to fuck with the MC including leaking his identity, Del the clone who leaked the MC's identity was self aware and did it of his own free will to get all the Deryl's together, and Deryl wasn't in control of monster Deryl who was to corrupted to think right.
Deryl is a Homie

Alice is best girl

BruceBerserk

Jun 11, 2023
I want him to beg for mercy, right before I consume him. Btw what do you guys think the special ammo he got from xanthe's son will do to us? Like is it an electric bolt?
My guess is some form of hyper charged electricity arrow, or maybe something that can prevent change like a freezing arrow to slow down the MC's shapeshifting

Reactions: JackDiabrew
Mar 24, 2020
View attachment 2839440
View attachment 2839455
We're all free to have opinions but a lot of people hate Deryl for things that were (mostly) out of his control, everytime he fought us (except for the middle school flashback) he was either mind-fucked by jake or monsterfied which is essentially the same as losing your conscious mind and playing back seat driver to your baser instincts that took control, the only time I can really say he was a dick was during the fight after the jake fight but before Deryl monsterfied when he regains control from jakes mindfuckery mid-fight and keeps going to see if he could beat the MC, here i can understand being pissed at Deryl with the acid traps and bone spikes knowing damn well the only reason the MC was there was to make sure he didn't lose the real Deryl. but other than that I can't think of any other moments to hate the guy for, on the contrary he helps the MC out at every turn he can, from the beginning figuring out what the MC is, his weaknesses, helping him form plans, helping him in the interview, then there was clone Deryl who was a homie, helped the MC in the battle of diamonds and sacrificed his body to rejoin and save the real Deryl and all the other Deryl clones/chimeras, even now Deryl is trying to help the MC become stronger with monster parts (I wonder if that's why xanthe's been feeding the MC all these new monster bits, Deryl could've tried to push it through as his assistant), and he's working together with the MC and Michael to protect amber and Liz.

Overall Deryl is a homie who fucked up royally in one scene, but has done so much to help the MC it outweighs his fuckup, and as for everything that monster Deryl and Del did to fuck with the MC including leaking his identity, Del the clone who leaked the MC's identity was self aware and did it of his own free will to get all the Deryl's together, and Deryl wasn't in control of monster Deryl who was to corrupted to think right.
Deryl is a Homie

Alice is best girl
indeed not many people realized how much deryl has done for the protagonist and only see the bad parts of him when they show up. deryl is indeed a homie and i hope we see more of him and his abilities.

speaking of deryl, does he still qualify as a superhuman or is he monster and if he is a superhuman, what level do you think he is. 1st? 2nd? 3rd maybe?

Reactions: AnonymousMouse

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
indeed not many people realized how much deryl has done for the protagonist and only see the bad parts of him when they show up. deryl is indeed a homie and i hope we see more of him and his abilities.

speaking of deryl, does he still qualify as a superhuman or is he monster and if he is a superhuman, what level do you think he is. 1st? 2nd? 3rd maybe?
What he qualifies as at the moment is uh...well he doesn't even know yet. We gotta wait and see if that is ever figured out.

If its a superhuman he's probably level 2 imo.

Reactions: Sayajin2205

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
What has Deryl done for us? The only thing I recall that was notable was figuring out our weakness for us and making a smoke bomb against police officers. The other stuff he's done was for other people.

Other than that we're either helping him at pool, helping him get laid (twice), helping him against a bully (punch to the face & Jared framing), fighting through his mindfuckery (thrice), saving him from Kenny, and helping him against his abusive father with the MC incident.

I don't know how I feel about Monster Deryl as being an excuse for trying to kill all his friends. There were instances where Deryl was fully aware of what he was doing or downright being himself.
-He pranked Cole with the monster in a mischievous manner, something Deryl would do to a cunt like Cole.
-He also had a heart to heart thinking about us with Charlie, so he clearly cared SOMEWHAT about us but then...stopped because he was "convinced" we'd come for him?
I will admit though he wasn't completely in his right might but there WERE times where he was:

Take after we bust into his abode, I believe some of you already mentioned it but this is pretty much a unanimously big "no no" moment for Deryl. AFTER he broke his mind control, you know, while we're burning alive over and over again? He CONTINUES to play around with us like we weren't just best friends for the last decade. He HAD to have known that we JUST got done fighting Jake AND his clone AND a bomb right after, yet he continued to keep pushing us to our limit out of a sense of rivalry? Get the fuck outta here, this isn't just bros being bros he almost KILLED us.

His Jake Clone and Del Clone were also excellent examples of his nasty ass personality. Del practically leaked all our info just to push us towards him, allowing us to be chased out of our homes and pretty much being sworn into servitude by H.E.R.O (though that was inevitable, it wasn't planned till much later) where we then had to risk our lives YET AGAIN against Valravn. Del was also just a nasty little shit. As for his Jake Clone remember ELLA HERSELF said NOT to go fuck with Jake and the MC but his cocky demeanor just HAD to make him go against his mind control (kinda) to be the very best by KILLING us both; meaning no matter the reason he went there to end his decade long friendship with a cold hard case of death.

I did like Deryl before because he was a bro, but after everything we did for him, with him, etc. it STILL wasn't enough to push past his own ego when it mattered most. Bring that along with the flashbacks revealing his true colors and recapturing his small instances of sociopathic tendencies I just don't feel inclined to like him anymore, let alone the fact that he still feels entitled to a reward from Xanthe, or Amber because we "broke the bro code".

But to each their own I suppose, I guess the point of this was to delve more into why I and maybe others didn't/don't like him. We Corrupt players have killed a lot more for a lot less...and I personally have ended a friendship over them just stealing from me, forgive me if I don't want to be around ome that almost killed or got me killed 3 or 4 times.
descarga (23).jpeg
Let's not start deryl shitpost war 2.
He is a ultra mega prick, a simp but also a homie.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Take after we bust into his abode, I believe some of you already mentioned it but this is pretty much a unanimously big "no no" moment for Deryl. AFTER he broke his mind control, you know, while we're burning alive over and over again? He CONTINUES to play around with us like we weren't just best friends for the last decade. He HAD to have known that we JUST got done fighting Jake AND his clone AND a bomb right after, yet he continued to keep pushing us to our limit out of a sense of rivalry? Get the fuck outta here, this isn't just bros being bros he almost KILLED us.

His Jake Clone and Del Clone were also excellent examples of his nasty ass personality. Del practically leaked all our info just to push us towards him, allowing us to be chased out of our homes and pretty much being sworn into servitude by H.E.R.O (though that was inevitable, it wasn't planned till much later) where we then had to risk our lives YET AGAIN against Valravn. Del was also just a nasty little shit. As for his Jake Clone remember ELLA HERSELF said NOT to go fuck with Jake and the MC but his cocky demeanor just HAD to make him go against his mind control (kinda) to be the very best by KILLING us both; meaning no matter the reason he went there to end his decade long friendship with a cold hard case of death.
So I'll get back to the first part in a minute I wanna talk about the clones first:

The Jake clone is weak evidence against Deryl for the simple fact that:
1) Jake says the imprinting on him was interrupted due to Mia interrupting the process
2) Jake Clone Deryl states he ISN'T her slave like many others in her camp
3) He in his yandere vibes giving ass says he will DO whatever it takes to make sure her goals are achieved whether she wants his help or not
I have full reason to believe that this Deryl has been thoroughly fucked over due to the incomplete process cause of Mia which caused him to view Ella as a savior

Remember Ella stabilized Mia on the beach which caused Deryl to see it as a miracle:
Do you truly think this Deryl is sound of mind? No due to Mia interrupting the process this clone seems to have inherited a lot of the 'mindfuck' that happened.

Now onto Del who says something VERY important that I believe you are overlooking:
He states that Proxies (like Clone Jake and Him) while in the beginning they are just an extension of Deryl when left to their own devices that becomes less true (becoming their own selves)
So to note he created 3 proxies

The Jake Clone
The one in Alice's basement
Del unlike all the other proxies WASN'T fully finished and he even states as such
Now calling Del a nasty little shit is correct because he is more like himself as a kid and presumably around the time he lost his mom.

Something you're also forgetting is that Del wasn't trying to push MC and Clone Deryl to him but rather the TRUE Deryl so they could all reform (or rather he takes them back into himself) which is how we got our Deryl back ultimately.

So while it sucks that we lost our privacy Del even states that this was the only way to get Clone Deryl to the True one.
Now this begs the question much like with the Jake clone...is Del in the right state of mind? The answer is no by the way...anyway briefly after the last screenshot the following is said between Del and Deryl
Del's mind is corrupted...he's halfbaked and most likely rushed. Not only that he doesn't have all the memories that Basement Deryl (or probably even Jake clone) had
To put this simply...using the clones who are clearly well for lack of a better word 'mindfucked' I don't think they are compelling enough to hate 'deryl'

Jake Clone Deryl clearly remembers the beach stuff more than the others (at least from what I can gather) which led to him having a more 'yandere' like mindset although with what Del said it seems like that may have been the 'true' Deryl but I can't confirm if that is the case but he did state that when Jake ordered him to 'leave' he felt the control Jake had weaken.

Basement Deryl is the nearest thing we have to true Deryl and acts like he usually does (except for some minor...hey should I merge back with myself comments) he is the most like bro Deryl and even you can't ignore that.

Del this clone is halfbaked and his mind is corrupted, he doesn't remember the things the other proxies knew (or may have knew) and he is most like his kid self who was a nasty person.

Back to the first part which Ima keep short since it's pretty much well known by now (I assume) what Deryl says to the MC:
After Deryl sets MC on fire he breaks the control Ella had on him and states as such here:

After that he tells us why he continued the fight:
Is it a bit dickish that he did that? Yeah sure but the MC knows how Deryl is and this is totally in line according to him to how he acts.

I'm just gonna say it again IF this was Michael you wouldn't of had such a hate boner for this scene of him doing this.

But at any rate there is one last thing that confirms my theory that Del is more like kid Deryl rather than the more...adult one? Deryl says:
So if what he says is right that means every single proxy (clone) just had bits and bobs of his core consciousness, with Del's appearance you might think he has whatever memories and how he acted as a child...right? At least thats what im goin off of.

At any rate, the clones are weak evidence to hate Deryl and going off of the fight he didn't have control up till the fire, you can say he's a dick for that sure (cause he is) but its not enough to warrant the "OMG I FUCKING HATE YOU BECKY" vibes.

Now that's enough evidence providing from me...my head hurts...need...to...post...Shadow....

Last edited:

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
hmmmmmm...
him and his jake associated clone at the time, were mind-controlled into freakishly loving ella otherwise he would have no reason to attack the main character which is why when he broke the control, he no longer wanted to kill his best friend. his del clone was pretty messed, most likely prolonged contact with his monster that made him believe that he had no choice but to do it to become whole.

the only important i can really say here is that when deryl isn't freakishly mind-controlled, infected with monstrous blood lust, or being a clone with practically little to none free will (Original clone deryl was untainted and had room to grow)

Its safe to say that hes a certified bro.

Reactions: ProgessiveDetailed

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
God that was a lot...I'm so much more used to well...my sweet lady and not typing out the declaration of independence for defending Deryl
We do it for her.jpg
There...my soul is cleansed.

• Haha
Reactions: necromater
Mar 24, 2020
So I'll get back to the first part in a minute I wanna talk about the clones first:

1) Jake says the imprinting on him was interrupted due to Mia interrupting the process
3) He in his yandere vibes giving ass says he will DO whatever it takes to make sure her goals are achieved whether she wants his help or not
I have full reason to believe that this Deryl has been thoroughly fucked over due to the incomplete process cause of Mia which caused him to view Ella as a savior

Remember Ella stabilized Mia on the beach which caused Deryl to see it as a miracle:
Do you truly think this Deryl is sound of mind? No due to Mia interrupting the process this clone seems to have inherited a lot of the 'mindfuck' that happened.

Now onto Del who says something VERY important that I believe you are overlooking:
He states that Proxies (like Clone Jake and Him) while in the beginning they are just an extension of Deryl when left to their own devices that becomes less true (becoming their own selves)

The Jake Clone
Del unlike all the other proxies WASN'T fully finished and he even states as such
Now calling Del a nasty little shit is correct because he is more like himself as a kid and presumably around the time he lost his mom.

Something you're also forgetting is that Del wasn't trying to push MC and Clone Deryl to him but rather the TRUE Deryl so they could all reform (or rather he takes them back into himself) which is how we got our Deryl back ultimately.

So while it sucks that we lost our privacy Del even states that this was the only way to get Clone Deryl to the True one.
Now this begs the question much like with the Jake clone...is Del in the right state of mind? The answer is no by the way...anyway briefly after the last screenshot the following is said between Del and Deryl
Del's mind is corrupted...he's halfbaked and most likely rushed. Not only that he doesn't have all the memories that Basement Deryl (or probably even Jake clone) had
To put this simply...using the clones who are clearly well for lack of a better word 'mindfucked' I don't think they are compelling enough to hate 'deryl'

Jake Clone Deryl clearly remembers the beach stuff more than the others (at least from what I can gather) which led to him having a more 'yandere' like mindset although with what Del said it seems like that may have been the 'true' Deryl but I can't confirm if that is the case but he did state that when Jake ordered him to 'leave' he felt the control Jake had weaken.

Basement Deryl is the nearest thing we have to true Deryl and acts like he usually does (except for some minor...hey should I merge back with myself comments) he is the most like bro Deryl and even you can't ignore that.

Del this clone is halfbaked and his mind is corrupted, he doesn't remember the things the other proxies knew (or may have knew) and he is most like his kid self who was a nasty person.

Back to the first part which Ima keep short since it's pretty much well known by now (I assume) what Deryl says to the MC:
After Deryl sets MC on fire he breaks the control Ella had on him and states as such here:

Is it a bit dickish that he did that? Yeah sure but the MC knows how Deryl is and this is totally in line according to him to how he acts.

I'm just gonna say it again IF this was Michael you wouldn't of had such a hate boner for this scene of him doing this.

But at any rate there is one last thing that confirms my theory that Del is more like kid Deryl rather than the more...Deryl says:
So if what he says is right that means every single proxy (clone) just had bits and bobs of his core consciousness, with Del's appearance you might think he has whatever memories and how he acted as a child...right? At least thats what im goin off of.

At any rate, the clones are weak evidence to hate Deryl and going off of the fight he didn't have control up till the fire, you can say he's a dick for that sure (cause he is) but its not enough to warrant the "OMG I FUCKING HATE YOU BECKY" vibes.

Now that's enough evidence providing from me...my head hurts...need...to...post...Shadow....
Thank you ItzSyther, love the effort you poured into this.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ItzSyther

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019

The Jake Clone

But at any rate there is one last thing that confirms my theory that Del is more like kid Deryl rather than the more...Deryl says:

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Thank you ItzSyther, love the effort you poured into this.
Papa Syther in his moments of clarity puts his all into disproving or at least painting a bigger picture of da situation.

I personally think the Deryl hatred is well silly, he nor his clones were in the right state of mind and the moment we do see Deryl in control and himself is after he burns MC and continues the fight.

This isn't like Jake who was thinking for himself and did all his actions by his own will the majority of what Deryl and his clones do are due to fucked up mind shit or outright mind rot/corruption in Del's case.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Papa Syther in his moments of clarity puts his all into disproving or at least painting a bigger picture of da situation.

I personally think the Deryl hatred is well silly, he nor his clones were in the right state of mind and the moment we do see Deryl in control and himself is after he burns MC and continues the fight.

This isn't like Jake who was thinking for himself and did all his actions by his own will the majority of what Deryl and his clones do are due to fucked up mind shit or outright mind rot/corruption in Del's case.
Did you just refer to yourself in the third person? :ROFLMAO:

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
No matter how you look it, Deryl moved on from his past and became MC's friend even if that 'past' self is now merged with his current...it was ALWAYS apart of him anyway.

Prior to the beach shit he didn't have an ego or rather, cunt outlook at least to me (did he brag that he was smart? Yeah cause he is and the game even proves that he is).

The MC almost dies every update. It was the MC's choice to go after Deryl despite the fact he just got done with Jake. Could Deryl escape? Sure but honestly I believe he would of remained there waiting for the MC (he most likely still would of broke control).

Deryl always had all those qualities btw he always did it was just that the player was introduced to him as a friend and it showed off more of his 'good' qualities and later on we got to see some more of the bad from the past. People CHANGE as they get older and mature...sure some remain the same asshole they were from school but the majority of humans ultimately change from who they were.

Deryl is no exception we know for a fact he changed and he can do so again.

Personally I have more of a grudge against Jake than Deryl who btw again in every instance up till the fire wasn't in the right state of mind.

Does it make it better, no. But it all does point to the fact that Deryl had no true control over it and clearly he likes the MC, they are buds.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes