Jul 28, 2017
Shen might actually be a bad matchup against the MC. While he's Level 4 and his illusions are powerful, they might be his downfall against someone with the Memory Trait. Especially if his illusions are altered by the perception of the target itself and what they fear. He might accidentally summon up the memory of the MC's interaction with the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th. The 7th as well. Though he was just a "dream", it's possible that it was a memory passed down from the Eye or our monster parent.

These illusions might become amplified by MC's Memory Trait to make them "real". Hell, the 4th and 3rd might actually be called out from the other side of the link in the MC. We already saw what happened when the MC just looks at an Apostles through a memory, with the 3rd being the recent example. If they appear and Shen sees them visualized, he might pass out or be overloaded.

At least, that's my speculation of Shen using his power on the MC specifically. Especially if it works based on fear or by the targets perception. MC saw and experienced some pretty horrible shit. Poking at them and pulling them out as illusions might actually screw the other person.
but imagine two apostles appearing or something worse
MC saw a lot of things
I can see the MC challenged Shen
Mc:go ahead my friend bring it
f61f748285c9fb6a3769354a002c1c6e.jpg

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
but imagine two apostles appearing or something worse
MC saw a lot of things
I can see the MC challenged Shen
Mc:go ahead my friend bring it
View attachment 2915314
It would probably start similar to how Shen used it on the HERO agents but only the Illusion of the Apostles stare back at him and speak in their monster language. It would cause his powers to collapse.

People might say Shen is Level 4 and has more power but that's the problem. His illusions will be much stronger and be amplified even further with the MC's Memory Trait. It would make the illusion much more "real" than if he was Level 3 and failed against Level 3 MC. This is a scenario where having more power would actually be worse.

Jul 28, 2017
It would probably start similar to how Shen used it on the HERO agents but only the Illusion of the Apostles stare back at him and speak in their monster language. It would cause his powers to collapse.

People might say Shen is Level 4 and has more power but that's the problem. His illusions will be much stronger and be amplified even further with the MC's Memory Trait. It would make the illusion much more "real" than if he was Level 3 and failed against Level 3 MC. This is a scenario where having more power would actually be worse.
Shen would definitely be under load with everything he was going to see
the MC practically interacts with most of the apostles directly and indirectly

Reactions: necromater

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
973c65c039f73e3b991e54e9c52a871248355e11d2d2ed74b8653e23f2d91992_1.jpg
This with MC head please and maybe a text edit like i didn't choose the MC life a gothcunt did it for me XD

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
With all of that speculation said, I don't think we're going to fight Shen or Briar at all. Briar might help Cole during our fight but MC likely won't fight any of them unless they attempt to fight him. Same applies with Zara as well. Charlie, who knows. We can attempt to kill her this update but she doesn't die and we get booted to the Monster Dimension by Hex.

Cole and Jared though? Their plot armor can only last so long.

Reactions: Sayajin2205

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
With all of that speculation said, I don't think we're going to fight Shen or Briar at all. Briar might help Cole during our fight but MC likely won't fight any of them unless they attempt to fight him. Same applies with Zara as well. Charlie, who knows. We can attempt to kill her this update but she doesn't die and we get booted to the Monster Dimension by Hex.

Death to Jared cole is already death inside look what he likes to do after work
hata-motohiro-colors.gif
200w.gif
Fuck it I'm not touching that

• Haha
Reactions: Robotai

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017

I just tought something, it would be really cool if Shen trying to affect Mc made him remember his accident as a nightmare/illusion, Mc failed to acess those memories while training last update so maybe that would be a trigger strong enough to see more of his past, it would also be a good way for him to learn how to do it at distance if he used Memory Echo as defense through their mental link.

I can imagine Shen trying to stop Mc during his fight with cole just to be caught off guard by a Memory Echo.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Love you dogclapper maniac. But you still Need to sleep
:mad: lack of rest is bad for the body maybe buy a shadow plushie for sleeping not for doing nasty things!!!!!!
I'll buy mahself a lovely shadow plushie and on a good note I got a good chunk of hours of sleep after my sister stopped bein a bitchhhh.

Had to drive her around and pick up her friends.

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
david-sondered-studio-colrouphobia-onlinegalleries-sanguinius-davidsondered.jpg
Now if you can do it to sanguinius and then change the traitors for sin members would be great i know is Tricky so don't push it.
I'm listening the audio book and i feel the Manly need of standing at the eternity gate on an epic last battle XD

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
I'll buy mahself a lovely shadow plushie and on a good note I got a good chunk of hours of sleep after my sister stopped bein a bitchhhh.

Had to drive her around and pick up her friends.
Lol i used to do that for my sister more of her being the eldest and me wanting a good relationship :confused: let's say Bonds are more important to me than blood

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Lol i used to do that for my sister more of her being the eldest and me wanting a good relationship :confused: let's say Bonds are more important to me than blood
Papa Syther be the eldest of his siblings but I like to do stuff for em here and there despite most of em bein dicks (but funny dicks at least).

Eh can't complain much they do stuff for me in return too, like buyin me pizza or takin care of mah pet while I head out for a day or 2 (got a lovely Tabby fat boi named Butterscotch).

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I just tought something, it would be really cool if Shen trying to affect Mc made him remember his accident as a nightmare/illusion, Mc failed to acess those memories while training last update so maybe that would be a trigger strong enough to see more of his past, it would also be a good way for him to learn how to do it at distance if he used Memory Echo as defense through their mental link.

I can imagine Shen trying to stop Mc during his fight with cole just to be caught off guard by a Memory Echo.
MC already can do his Memory Echo from a distance. Or at least partially. If you kill Jake, MC transfers his memories to Mia without touching her. He still needed to establish a connection by touching her first but he did the rest of the transfer without holding her.

A better way to train his Memory Trait from a distance would be using his spider threads to do it. We know he can send power through it and he's used extensions of his body to read from a distance before like during his Tiffany fight. So it's likely that he can already use it to read memories. It should be a cake walk to do it, especially at Level 3.

Personally, I think WW is purposely capping MC's memory powers and saving them for the later levels. I don't mean that in a bad way either. If the MC could read memories without touching or anything, he would become too broken. It isn't hostile in nature and therefore can't be blocked via a defensive power struggle. There's also the fact that it's an inherited Apostle Trait, meaning it can operate extremely above it's power class early.

In fact, from what I remember, only a few people have completely blocked his Memory Trait. Those people are Shop Keep, Jake via his Authority Trait, The 2nd during Michael's Evolution and possibly Ella and Aglaecwif during their later encounters. It didn't work on Valravn at first, because of his passive, but over time, it started working as he weakened.

7twenty

Sep 11, 2017
Just got to my first class of Supernatural 101 and I am wondering why Deryl didn't ask a very important question: How can Superhumans be the next step of Human Evolution if we are all sterile? Wouldn't we be, by definition, be a genetic dead end? He strikes me as the kind of guy who would ask that question, it was certainly the first thing I thought of.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Just got to my first class of Supernatural 101 and I am wondering why Deryl didn't ask a very important question: How can Superhumans be the next step of Human Evolution if we are all sterile? Wouldn't we be, by definition, be a genetic dead end? He strikes me as the kind of guy who would ask that question, it was certainly the first thing I thought of.
That's answered during a later section. I won't spoil what happens but think of it like cats and dogs. Basically, they're not completely sterile. I'll leave it at that for now.

Reactions: ItzSyther

7twenty

Sep 11, 2017
That's answered during a later section. I won't spoil what happens but think of it like cats and dogs. Basically, they're not completely sterile. I'll leave it at that for now.
Ooh, that's cool. The Dev put a ton of work into the worldbuilding, so I figured he wouldn't overlook something so important. Still seems like something Deryl would have asked, though!

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes