DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I'll throw my hat into the ring, going of what we've seen of the Asura and the MC if they both fought in prime conditions I'd have to give it to the Asura, the MC was having a hard time putting a dent in it, it ended up taking three hours to put the thing down, that was with help from nico allowing the MC to dart around into blind spots with portals, and the Asura being weakened from a magma sun burst. as it stands the Asura would beat the MC in a fight, granted i think the MC would be smart enough and fast enough to escape if a prime asura tried to square up with him. now i have a question, do you think a prime level 3 MC could beat the Asura? let me explain, when the MC first hit level 2 he was a lot stronger but by the time he fought Valravn, and monster deryl he had at least twice as much power as he did when he first evolved, now i know that once you hit level 3 you never stop gaining power so lets say the MC after a few months (3 to 4) as a level 3 gets to say 800 power, do you believe this more experienced, more powerful level 3 MC could beat the Asura
No, what you're referring to is an Evolution amp. It's where you can exhibit all of your powers while your connection to your monster parent is high. It's why the MC could turn into goo during the trance but didn't actually gain it until way later.

As for the Asura vs MC. No, the MC wouldn't be fast enough to dodge it. MC legitimately got hit several times by a blind Asura. Why would an Asura that isn't blind and fast enough to hit the MC, miss now that it's not blind? Also, no, I don't think MC with 800 Power would change the outcome. The Asura had 1000s of more PP than MC, from what I recall. Having 500 more PP wouldn't have changed much. Sure MC would hit harder, last longer and be faster but against an Asura who isn't blinded and without Nico's assistance, he would still be killed.

At least, that's how I see it.

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
A fight I'd love to see is tree boi vs MC in 3 to 4 months.

We all know that tree boi has the power akin to the level 5s but got mopped by Ella a true level 5 (and a baby at that).

Just curious how well MC would do with that.
That was a bad matchup for him alsol NYX confirmed it she mentioned he is a head on type fighter and struggles with tricky ones and Ella is super tricky , I don't think Mc can take him after few months still it was like 3 decades for him being level 3 and 3 has no cap so he has been collecting a lot of strength and skill even he was slow asf I don't think Mc can beat him the difference in strength and speed and other things simply will be too much imo also the mc himself said when touching the tree treeboi's power is way too much so I don't think mc is beating him before level 4 ascension 30+ years for collecting points is a lot chief.

Reactions: ProgessiveDetailed

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I think the threat classes need to be explained a bit better.

There are 2 metrics.
1) Monster Class

This is the monster ranking relative to other monsters and how it interacts with human technology.
F - Can be killed by a human in melee.
E - Can be killed by a human armed with a gun.
D - Can barely be killed by a squad of armed humans.
C - Can barely be killed by an army, requires artillery and heavy weapons.
B - Cannot be harmed by human tech, unless it's HERO's monster slaying weapons.
A - Cannot be harmed by anything other than a superhuman.
S - Only level 5s are capable of taking them on.

It seems that nuclear weapons have the capacity to harm even a Rank A, but they will probably do irreversible damage to the planet before taking it down.

Valravn for example is at last a rank B. An army can't kill it.

2) Threat Rank

This is a system HERO uses to determine what superhumans to send after a monster. The Ranks have a +- factor because the sensors are not always capable of painting an accurate picture of the encounter's danger level.
F - One level 1 Superhuman or ignored.
E - One level 1 Superhuman
D - Two level 1 Superhumans
C - One level 1 & One level 2 Superhumans
B - Level 3 Superhumans or higher only.
A - Level 4 Superhumans or higher only.
S - Special encounters for level 5s.

The Rank system is based on safety and generally HERO send their agents in pairs to avoid a miscalculated threat Rank. The teacher claims that a level 2 is generally capable of handling a C, but he may have trouble handling a C+, which is why they send agends in pairs.

Valravn is Rank B because according to HERO logic, a level 2 has almost non existing chances of beating that encounter. (And frankly this is true, Valravn has enough power to cut through any level 2 and kill them on the spot. MC regenerates and is squishy as fuck so all this power goes wasted).

MC has punched above his weight class 2 times after joining HERO.
1) He beat Valravn, B Class/B Rank as a level 2 when HERO only send level 3s to deal with them. Valravn was not at full power at the time, but his power levels seem to be unsually malleable. I have hypothesized that he is in fact an S rank at full power.
2) He beat the Asura, A Class/A(-) Rank as a level 3, when HERO only send level 4s to deal with them. Asura was injured from a previous fight and already had a wound that MC could exploit. Additionally he had a visual impairment due to Nico summoning lava directly on his head and reaching it's eyes.

My opinion on various monster rank and threat class:

Minyak - Rank D+ | Class D
Minyaks have some trickery that may be too dangerous for a single level 2. The authority part of their abilities along with the fusion.

Light Monster - Rank D+ | Class D
This monster while fairly weak, it's particularly dangerous because it can pretty much immobilize it's prey.

Chimera (Michael) - Rank D | Class D
While it has a lot of abilities, it can easily be harmed by human tech. Michael fought it mostly without his abilities, but once he unlocked them it was childs play for him. Still fairly dangerous for a level 1, but Michael punches above his weight class.

Chimera (Alice) - Rank C+ | Class C
This thing was way more dangerous than Michael's Chimera. It completely outclassed Laurie because it had many ways to deal with her power, and the level 1 Alice who is fairly good at offense, couldn't harm it.

Deryl (Hydra) - Rank C+ | Class C
It's hard for me to rate Deryl has Rank B, although tbh. It's powers while versatile, they are tailored to MC's weaknesses. Deryl would be fairly weak against someone who is better at range for example, and it's fairly easy to formulate a human strategy to deal with him, consisting of heavy artillery and air attacks. Valravn would just kill him instantly, Level 3 MC would just pierce all his heads with his tail without even thinking. However that + here is significant for MC.

Deryl (Monster) - Rank B+ | Class B
Yeah, that thing is certainly not a normal Rank B. Extemely tough, huge enough for most attacks to not make it far inside it's skin, with regeneration and a myriad different attacks, including a hydrogen cannon that can vaporize mountains. Valravn was a normal rank B and a level 3 MC would beat him to a pulp no problem.

A small observation on MC's offense:

MC is mostly a defensive/technical superhuman. However some of the fights really showcase his offensive capacity. As a level 2 he can deal significantly more damage than whatever humans can do without nuclear bombs. At level 3 he has enough offense to beat an A Class monster and enough defense to withstands it's attacks.

A level 3 MC, despite not being offensively oriented, has more offense than anything in the mundane world and monster tech, something that HERO seem to attribute to level 4 superhumans based on the class descriptions. He still lacks power, but considering that the Asura was about 10 times stronger than him according to the narration, with the current rate of improvement of about 15-20 power per week, in about 3 years he should be able to make short work of A class monsters even without evolving, and that's without introducing any more monster physical abilities to his attacks.

I attribute this to his memory ability. Up till level 2 MC was fairly squishy. Even bullets could hurt him. Once he created his plate armor, he has become almost invincible. Additionally the 2 attacks that obliterated Deryl were based on monster memories and mechanics.

Could MC beat the Asura in full strength?

Technically yes but HIGHLY unlikely. The blinded Asura managed to get him. If it had it's vision, it would be very hard to dodge it's attacks. Perhaps with Nico's portals he could do it, but still, while he has the power and defense to beat it, he is just not there yet.

Thoughts?

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018

There are 2 metrics.
1) Monster Class

This is the monster ranking relative to other monsters and how it interacts with human technology.

It seems that nuclear weapons have the capacity to harm even a Rank A, but they will probably do irreversible damage to the planet before taking it down.

2) Threat Rank

This is a system HERO uses to determine what superhumans to send after a monster. The Ranks have a +- factor because the sensors are not always capable of painting an accurate picture of the encounter's danger level.

The Rank system is based on safety and generally HERO send their agents in pairs to avoid a miscalculated threat Rank. The teacher claims that a level 2 is generally capable of handling a C, but he may have trouble handling a C+, which is why they send agends in pairs.

Valravn is Rank B because according to HERO logic, a level 2 has almost non existing chances of beating that encounter. (And frankly this is true, Valravn has enough power to cut through any level 2 and kill them on the spot. MC regenerates and is squishy as fuck so all this power goes wasted).

1) He beat Valravn, B Class/B Rank as a level 2 when HERO only send level 3s to deal with them. Valravn was not at full power at the time, but his power levels seem to be unsually malleable. I have hypothesized that he is in fact an S rank at full power.
2) He beat the Asura, A Class/A(-) Rank as a level 3, when HERO only send level 4s to deal with them. Asura was injured from a previous fight and already had a wound that MC could exploit. Additionally he had a visual impairment due to Nico summoning lava directly on his head and reaching it's eyes.

Minyaks have some trickery that may be too dangerous for a single level 2. The authority part of their abilities along with the fusion.

This monster while fairly weak, it's particularly dangerous because it can pretty much immobilize it's prey.

While it has a lot of abilities, it can easily be harmed by human tech. Michael fought it mostly without his abilities, but once he unlocked them it was childs play for him. Still fairly dangerous for a level 1, but Michael punches above his weight class.

This thing was way more dangerous than Michael's Chimera. It completely outclassed Laurie because it had many ways to deal with her power, and the level 1 Alice who is fairly good at offense, couldn't harm it.

It's hard for me to rate Deryl has Rank B, although tbh. It's powers while versatile, they are tailored to MC's weaknesses. Deryl would be fairly weak against someone who is better at range for example, and it's fairly easy to formulate a human strategy to deal with him, consisting of heavy artillery and air attacks. Valravn would just kill him instantly, Level 3 MC would just pierce all his heads with his tail without even thinking. However that + here is significant for MC.

Yeah, that thing is certainly not a normal Rank B. Extemely tough, huge enough for most attacks to not make it far inside it's skin, with regeneration and a myriad different attacks, including a hydrogen cannon that can vaporize mountains. Valravn was a normal rank B and a level 3 MC would beat him to a pulp no problem.

MC is mostly a defensive/technical superhuman. However some of the fights really showcase his offensive capacity. As a level 2 he can deal significantly more damage than whatever humans can do without nuclear bombs. At level 3 he has enough offense to beat an A Class monster and enough defense to withstands it's attacks.

A level 3 MC, despite not being offensively oriented, has more offense than anything in the mundane world and monster tech, something that HERO seem to attribute to level 4 superhumans based on the class descriptions. He still lacks power, but considering that the Asura was about 10 times stronger than him according to the narration, with the current rate of improvement of about 15-20 power per week, in about 3 years he should be able to make short work of A class monsters even without evolving, and that's without introducing any more monster physical abilities to his attacks.

I attribute this to his memory ability. Up till level 2 MC was fairly squishy. Even bullets could hurt him. Once he created his plate armor, he has become almost invincible. Additionally the 2 attacks that obliterated Deryl were based on monster memories and mechanics.

Technically yes but HIGHLY unlikely. The blinded Asura managed to get him. If it had it's vision, it would be very hard to dodge it's attacks. Perhaps with Nico's portals he could do it, but still, while he has the power and defense to beat it, he is just not there yet.

Thoughts?
Well said.

Now I have a question for you.

Do you think the MC should expand upon his current 'defense'

I like what he has thus far with his armor(s) but I believe he could improve them further or even add things he didn't think of before.

Like, I'm surprised he hasn't considered adding porcupine quills into his armor or just spikes in general and make them 'lethal' as well by including the jellyfish venom in em (to conserve energy he can just not use the venom unless necessary).

Mind you that idea above is in reference to his first initial base armor (which needs an improvement imo)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gtdead

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022

There are 2 metrics.
1) Monster Class

2) Threat Rank

Thoughts?
All imma add is I think Mc would reach that peak of beating A Class monster atleast some types of them in few months due to favorable matchups also I think th rate of growth in power per week can be a lot faster than 15-20 atleast from last update.Overall I am excited as hell wanna watch Level 3 mc decimate an A class without help 1692996321065.jpeg

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Like, I'm surprised he hasn't considered adding porcupine quills into his armor or just spikes in general and make them 'lethal' as well by including the jellyfish venom in em (to conserve energy he can just not use the venom unless necessary).

Mind you that idea above is in reference to his first initial base armor (which needs an improvement imo)
Shitttt it could have an added offense to it and launch the quills in all directions too.

Reactions: Ass~God

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
All imma add is I think Mc would reach that peak of beating A Class monster atleast some types of them in few months due to favorable matchups also I think th rate of growth in power per week can be a lot faster than 15-20 atleast from last update.Overall I am excited as hell wanna watch Level 3 mc decimate an A class without help View attachment 2932876
One thing to remember is that MC didn't get any power gains during the week after the battle. So in "gametime" (meaning ignoring any time lapses), you need to half whatever he gained in the last update to get the accurate result.

Of course that may change in the future. I have calculated a ~3x increase in improvement rate that currently seems to hold true.
14 power in 42 days = 0.33 power per day
66 power in 58 days = 1.13 power per day
33 power in 12 days = 2.75 power per day

These are without counting the shopkeep items like horn and the latest update goods.

Well said.

Now I have a question for you.

Do you think the MC should expand upon his current 'defense'

I like what he has thus far with his armor(s) but I believe he could improve them further or even add things he didn't think of before.

I wanted to make a post about possible avenues of improvement but there are a few "issues" that give me some trouble.

1) Quils:
The problem I have with this upgrade is that it's of the "win more" kind. Swarms of lower class monsters can't punch through his plate armor anymore, so having an efficient way to kill them en masse seems excessive. His autonomous tails can make short work of them. His true problem always have been massed ranged attackers and at this point I think that a very long weapon like that scythe would be a better solution. Another obvious way to fight would be to burrow underground and use his tails to kill them from below. He should have enough power to punch through any terrain.

2) Poisons:
MC's offensive power seems to be more than adequate to easily kill B Class and level 3s. Perhaps he may face some trouble against more defensive oriented ones, but at this point, I doubt that the natural poison will be enough. If he could find some more interesting monster poisons and delivered them through his weapon attacks, that would probably work wonders against tough bastards like the Asura or Monster Deryl. Additionally he could reinforce his plate armor with poisoned spikes but for offensive purposes, not defensive (toxic body slams for example).

3) Wings:
MC's wings are cool but squishy as fuck and not very interesting in a fight. If he could reinforce them somehow he could add 2 more blades with good reach. He also wouldn't lose them on the faintest elemental attack. The question is if he can find some balance to have both reinforced monster plate wings and being able to fly. MC seems to hover, but it's not confirmed in the game.

4) Spiked Shield:
As a level 2, MC used his mace arms a lot. I think he would be better served by going weapon+shield instead of dual wielding. A shield could buy him more time to read memories and formulate tactics. It could also be used with lighter armors if needed.

5) Extra hands:
I think MC should learn how to fight with more hands than 2. Coordination may be a bitch, but a Mantis salvo from 4/6 hands should increase his offense significantly and wielding more blades can also increase his parrying defense against other melee fighters.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
5) Extra hands:
I think MC should learn how to fight with more hands than 2. Coordination may be a bitch, but a Mantis salvo from 4/6 hands should increase his offense significantly and wielding more blades can also increase his parrying defense against other melee fighters.
Shitttt if you recall the fight scene with all of Jake's indoctrinated guards MC can outright snatch all their guns and go fucking berserk with em...very amazing scene.
1694812496428.png
I wish MC would utilize this more with his hands and not just with Swords.

MC could multitask that shit with a variety of weapons.

MC could also make a double of himself yeah? I imagine it wont last long/takes too much energy but would be cool if the double could utilize the powers of MC as well (imagine the MC going on defense while the double goes on offense...would be so cool)

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Shitttt if you recall the fight scene with all of Jake's indoctrinated guards MC can outright snatch all their guns and go fucking berserk with em...very amazing scene.
View attachment 2932968
I wish MC would utilize this more with his hands and not just with Swords.

MC could multitask that shit with a variety of weapons.

MC could also make a double of himself yeah? I imagine it wont last long/takes too much energy but would be cool if the double could utilize the powers of MC as well (imagine the MC going on defense while the double goes on offense...would be so cool)
There exist some potential for gun-like weapons with a mantis mechanism, turning MC into a pistollero or something, but I think he will always favor his tails at that range :/

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
There exist some potential for gun-like weapons with a mantis mechanism, turning MC into a pistollero or something, but I think he will always favor his tails at that range :/
Oh most def.

I'm very excited to see if he ever becomes 'living armor' for an ally I recall I believe DrakoGhoul talkin bout that once.

Would be very great for our non-armored allies and could make potential future allies even more OP.

Deryl as example who floated the idea of making a literal gundam. MC plops himself on that is finna make it one strong boyo on top of whatever Deryl did to it.

Dikaebi

Dec 28, 2019
Okay with the recent talk of the cursed "Bad News devlog" (and speculation of possible delays), I want to ask an important plot-related question to you guys, to pass the time.

If teams are gonna play a major role in the story and you had to pick between joining one or something else, what would you choose?

a) Stay an Independent agent
b) Make your own team (either with Michael, Alice, Deryl, plus someone else possibly or with completely new Superhumans)
c) Join Team Lucifer (The most obvious choice, we are involved with so many of their members even prior to joining H.E.R.O.)
d) Join Team Clthulhu (The 2nd obvious choice with a lot of interesting and some of the strongest Superhumans on this team)
e) Join Team Oberon (An interesting choice, not much to go by besides melody and Lucius)
f) Join Team Reaper (Nyx has an interesting background and powers, her lieutenants... not so much)
g) Join Team Kronos (By far the Most interesting and Mysterious team with only some snippets about their Feats so far [The monster that Zack fought, The Power Negation Monster that one of their members caught that was used to make the Monster Containment Cells]
If there is a choice to go lonesome road and fuck over everyone
That one.
S.I.N can get destroyed for all i care and H.E.R.O are restraining superhuman's freedom so far.
Ulysses may have given us only two choices, but fuck if i don't convince him to press both buttons

hrhr

May 13, 2019
Okay with the recent talk of the cursed "Bad News devlog" (and speculation of possible delays), I want to ask an important plot-related question to you guys, to pass the time.

If teams are gonna play a major role in the story and you had to pick between joining one or something else, what would you choose?

a) Stay an Independent agent
b) Make your own team (either with Michael, Alice, Deryl, plus someone else possibly or with completely new Superhumans)
c) Join Team Lucifer (The most obvious choice, we are involved with so many of their members even prior to joining H.E.R.O.)
d) Join Team Clthulhu (The 2nd obvious choice with a lot of interesting and some of the strongest Superhumans on this team)
e) Join Team Oberon (An interesting choice, not much to go by besides melody and Lucius)
f) Join Team Reaper (Nyx has an interesting background and powers, her lieutenants... not so much)
g) Join Team Kronos (By far the Most interesting and Mysterious team with only some snippets about their Feats so far [The monster that Zack fought, The Power Negation Monster that one of their members caught that was used to make the Monster Containment Cells]
Were there any mentions of existing team members being transferred or something like that? Would be nice to join Nyx and bring Alice and maybe someone else along. I'm always expecting Michael to be a turncoat because of his hunger for power but it never happens, but if it did then it would play a role in team composition as well.

Mar 24, 2020
If there is a choice to go lonesome road and fuck over everyone
That one.
S.I.N can get destroyed for all i care and H.E.R.O are restraining superhuman's freedom so far.
Ulysses may have given us only two choices, but fuck if i don't convince him to press both buttons
there isn't but i should add that, it seems like a viable choice.

Reactions: Dikaebi
Mar 28, 2021
wham hello, I was wondering, for your MC's in your own personal saves; What is the highest power you've managed to attain as of .96? I know the conversation with the ranking system is over, but I'd like to say I don't think Valravn could be considered an S rank even at peak strength. If I'm remembering correctly it took Cole and two other members from S.I.N to take down Valravn enough to make his strength dampened to what it was. So possibly I believe he's an A rank at the most since HERO also didn't feel too pressured about sending a level 5 in the battle as well, even if they knew he was weakened, I don't think an organization as methodical as HERO would take the chance.

Mar 24, 2020
wham hello, I was wondering, for your MC's in your own personal saves; What is the highest power you've managed to attain as of .96? I know the conversation with the ranking system is over, but I'd like to say I don't think Valravn could be considered an S rank even at peak strength. If I'm remembering correctly it took Cole and two other members from S.I.N to take down Valravn enough to make his strength dampened to what it was. So possibly I believe he's an A rank at the most since HERO also didn't feel too pressured about sending a level 5 in the battle as well, even if they knew he was weakened, I don't think an organization as methodical as HERO would take the chance.
It took ella to take him down, Cole and two other members of Ella's faction (not S.I.N. , don't confuse the two) did nothing but practially annoyed him and he was heavily weakened even when they all fought him (he had just lost his heart).
He was greviously injured when The Main Character decided to fight him plus he didn't even die, just incapacitated.

[just asked PP, Max power you can get is 359]

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessNights
Mar 28, 2021
It took ella to take him down, Cole and two other members of Ella's faction (not S.I.N. , don't confuse the two) did nothing but practially annoyed him and he was heavily weakened even when they all fought him (he had just lost his heart).
He was greviously injured when The Main Character decided to fight him plus he didn't even die, just incapacitated.
The I am wrong! He could have quite possibly been an S rank at peak, I must've forgotten the snibbit of dialogue where they spoke about Ella having to step in.

Mar 28, 2021
don't worry, it happens to the best of us (especially the best of us). its just a couple snippets of dialogue, easy to miss.
I'll have to rerun the game in the coming update to make sure the noggin ain't loose, actually do you know if WW has any plans of going onto steam? I feel like they're waiting for the game to be done but I've also never seen them talk about it (I'm currently not a patron though so maybe they have)

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes