Mar 24, 2020
I'll have to rerun the game in the coming update to make sure the noggin ain't loose, actually do you know if WW has any plans of going onto steam? I feel like they're waiting for the game to be done but I've also never seen them talk about it (I'm currently not a patron though so maybe they have)
not that i know of, no i don't think he is moving to steam (maybe post 1.0 but who knows).

Mar 28, 2021
not that i know of, no i don't think he is moving to steam (maybe post 1.0 but who knows).
Epic, I was just curious if it has been spoken around here or not. Also! Thanks for the update on the max power on the current update, I thought 347 was the max but I was wrong, I haven't used the Walkthrough before but I shall now so I'll begone for the day! Thank you again.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
It took ella to take him down, Cole and two other members of Ella's faction (not S.I.N. , don't confuse the two) did nothing but practially annoyed him and he was heavily weakened even when they all fought him (he had just lost his heart).
He was greviously injured when The Main Character decided to fight him plus he didn't even die, just incapacitated.

[just asked PP, Max power you can get is 359]
I think it's more than that. 363.
The highest MC can reach before evolving is 115.
73 up till the Mall (perhaps I will edit this post later to do a full breakdown)
10 (83) from horn
1 (84) from beating Laurie correctly
1 (85) from reaching day 89
1 (86) from beating Tiff correctly
1 (87) reaching day 95
1 (88) Laurie side quest
1 (89) Train with Michael side quest
1 (90) Random power up during Alice side quest
15 (105) final stretch before Diamond Battle

During diamond battle you have 2 options
Learn how light power works | +5 power / +3 skill (110)
Aglaecwif choose strength | Choose + 10 power (115)

So the highest power you can get before the latest update, is 115 + 200 from evolution = 315
The latest update can give you up to 48 power.
10 from training 1
3 from training 2
10 from asura
10 from not being detected during infiltration
10 from shopkeep monster item
5 from shopkeep monster item

So highest possible power after the latest update is 315 + 48 = 363

Aristarkhos

Jun 23, 2017
Thoughts?
Rank and class mean effectively the same thing, as stated by the teacher.
Specifically, "rank" is assigned to the mission, and "class" to the monster.
A C-Rank mission will always be targeting a C-Class monster.
Classification is based on "strength compared to other monsters".
This seems to correlate directly to their "Power" statistic.

As rated by WW himself in monster reports, Valravn when fought is C+, Minyaks are D-Class, Leigong is C-class.
Deryl's chimeras are both C-Class, and the main one was C+, though it may have been B proper after its "evolution."
The +/- are noted to be as powerful as another monster in their class, but as dangerous as a class above or below.
For example, Valravn effectively has the power stores of a C class, but the danger level of a B class when MC fights him.

A brief comment on the Asura-
I am disappointed the scythe did not see use, it would have been interesting to see how effective it would've been.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Rank and class mean effectively the same thing, as stated by the teacher.
Specifically, "rank" is assigned to the mission, and "class" to the monster.
A C-Rank mission will always be targeting a C-Class monster.
Classification is based on "strength compared to other monsters".
This seems to correlate directly to their "Power" statistic.

As rated by WW himself in monster reports, Valravn when fought is C+, Minyaks are D-Class, Leigong is C-class.
Deryl's chimeras are both C-Class, and the main one was C+, though it may have been B proper after its "evolution."
The +/- are noted to be as powerful as another monster in their class, but as dangerous as a class above or below.
For example, Valravn effectively has the power stores of a C class, but the danger level of a B class when MC fights him.

A brief comment on the Asura-
I am disappointed the scythe did not see use, it would have been interesting to see how effective it would've been.
Interesting, I don't have access to the monster reports. I do feel however that there is a bit of an inconsistency between what the teacher describes and WWs ratings. The humans with 2 tanks couldn't even scratch Valravn. This doesnt sound like the description for a C rank.

It also seems that Michael is significantly stronger than I gave him credit for. Michael soloed his Chimera while Laurie and Alice could not beat theirs before Alice's evolution.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Oh yeah, forgot to comment on the where I think next update is going. We've covered this a few pages back but the SIN Initiation is going to cover 5 things, in my opinion.

1. Infiltration
2. Socializing
3. Induction + Reveals
4. Cover blown
5. Fight

The first and second part will be pretty standard. We'll see the top members of SIN and likely get a look at the monsters that reside in Hex's dimension. We'll probably talk to Ella's Lieutenants and others along the way. This is where the MC's identity going to start to crumble. I have a feeling they're going to find out during these parts but wait until after he has the mark and is under oath to reveal that they know his identity.

Which now leads us to the third part and ultimately the fourth part. The initiation itself. Since Charlie has set up her power on MC already, she'll know it's him before he goes under the oath. The real question would be if she would tell or let it pass because of what happened with Laurie. In my opinion, she won't say anything and just go along with it. That said, everyone else will likely see through MC as they likely know it's him by now. This is right after they reveal their plan to all of the new members.

Lastly, the fight. This is where Nico comes in. Zack(or maybe even Deus comes in) sees what's about to happen and tells her to extract the MC but since this is Hex Dimension, she gets locked in another battle with it. MC starts fighting SIN members until Cole steps up and fights. Nico sees what's about to happen and lends a hand to the MC here and there as he fights. They fight it out until they have a chance to retreat with Nico killing Hex. When they return, SIN has already snatched Liz and Amber.

That's what I see happening. Some of it likely won't happen, or in that order, but I have a feeling it'll go like that. After their return, I have no real clue. Besides a bunch of ideas like MC taking his training serious now with the twins potentially captured. Ella probably won't "wake up" until the very end of the update or after a decent portion of it has gone by.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
As for Dead Ends, I touched on that as well. Mostly the Nico specific one. MC loses too much for not fighting the Asura for it not to mean anything. It's probably not going to be as severe as I believe it to be. At least, it wouldn't lead into an immediate dead end but likely sets up one in the next update.

Another Dead End would be Cole. While I'm confident current MC can beat him, I feel WW isn't going to make it that easy. Realistically, from what we've seen of Cole and his power, MC completely counters him. Now you might be wondering how it would lead to a dead end then and I would say Cole may secretly have a trump card in his power kit. That or he Evolves mid fight and that leads to one, if we're too cocky.

Killing too many people. I feel like there's going to be bait kills next update. Basically, like the Charlie one but with Ella's Lieutenants and other important people. Jared might not escape his death next update but he might wound the MC with some secret weapon Xanthe's son developed that leads to a dead end. Since he is working with SIN.

The unlikely to happen but possible dead ends are ones involving monsters. MC running into Goliath as it recovers. I doubt child thing and Aglaecwif will be there but that could happen as well. We'll probably see Nyx's Monster types and get instant killed by their negative energy. Hex could also do his dimension dump trick on us again too. We might even run into completely different monsters from the 9th - 12th lines.

That's what I figured is going to be some of the dead ends next update. At least for the SIN Initiation. I can't think of where it goes after that so that's up in the air.

Reactions: Gtdead

Aristarkhos

Jun 23, 2017
Interesting, I don't have access to the monster reports. I do feel however that there is a bit of an inconsistency between what the teacher describes and WWs ratings. The humans with 2 tanks couldn't even scratch Valravn. This doesnt sound like the description for a C rank.
Note that they could damage his base form, consistent with him being C-Class, and he was invulnerable when armored.
That said, as a C+, he is as dangerous as a B Class. Which is consistent with his performance after manifesting the armor.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
As for Dead Ends, I touched on that as well. Mostly the Nico specific one. MC loses too much for not fighting the Asura for it not to mean anything. It's probably not going to be as severe as I believe it to be. At least, it wouldn't lead into an immediate dead end but likely sets up one in the next update.

Another Dead End would be Cole. While I'm confident current MC can beat him, I feel WW isn't going to make it that easy. Realistically, from what we've seen of Cole and his power, MC completely counters him. Now you might be wondering how it would lead to a dead end then and I would say Cole may secretly have a trump card in his power kit. That or he Evolves mid fight and that leads to one, if we're too cocky.

Killing too many people. I feel like there's going to be bait kills next update. Basically, like the Charlie one but with Ella's Lieutenants and other important people. Jared might not escape his death next update but he might wound the MC with some secret weapon Xanthe's son developed that leads to a dead end. Since he is working with SIN.

The unlikely to happen but possible dead ends are ones involving monsters. MC running into Goliath as it recovers. I doubt child thing and Aglaecwif will be there but that could happen as well. We'll probably see Nyx's Monster types and get instant killed by their negative energy. Hex could also do his dimension dump trick on us again too. We might even run into completely different monsters from the 9th - 12th lines.

That's what I figured is going to be some of the dead ends next update. At least for the SIN Initiation. I can't think of where it goes after that so that's up in the air.
WW likes to taunt us. Doesn't let us kill Jared when he kills Laurie, if we try to kill him during infiltration it leads to a deadend. He also seems to be integral to the plot, with the whole "1 year magic pebble search" so I don't see him dying anytime soon, other than a deadend like you described.

As for the special bolts, I had an idea a few weeks back. I think it's common knowledge by now that MC has a weakness to electricity. If Ella was willing to tell Langdon about memory powers, she probably has told him about his weaknesses too. It fits the whole "I expose you to force you into conflict" mentallity.

I think MC will get trapped, fighting for his life and Jared will shoot him with an electricity bolt to "seal the deal". At that point MC will figure out how to use electricity to his advantage and turn the tables up to a certain point (as foreshadowed during MC vs Jake, electricity made him break Jake's control easier and regenerated faster).

Note that they could damage his base form, consistent with him being C-Class, and he was invulnerable when armored.
That said, as a C+, he is as dangerous as a B Class. Which is consistent with his performance after manifesting the armor.
Yeah, this explanation makes a lot of sense. I think Valravn is a bit peculiar, perhaps not the best example to explain the +- ranks. It makes a lot more sense to me in Hydra Deryl's case, based on the teacher's description.

At some point he says that a level 2 can generally deal with a C Class, but if the encounter is C+, he may have trouble, and that's why HERO likes to send agents in pairs. I could see a pair of levels 2 dealing with Hydra Deryl (considering that his defenses were based on the red light working against MC's organic projectiles), but against Valravn? One well placed slash and both of them would die. The difference in combat ability seems extreme.

Last edited:

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Something that I thought about was: why doesn't the MC utilize some mechanism similar to the one fleas use
I know that he can fly and use his tails to reach high altitudes but think about it:
Like his mantis punch in a sense, he can reach the same heights in under a second and getting his enemies in the distance in a surprise attack
For the MC that specialize in close combat range this could be a very powerful trump card

• Thinking Face

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Something that I thought about was: why doesn't the MC utilize some mechanism similar to the one fleas use
I know that he can fly and use his tails to reach high altitudes but think about it:
Like his mantis punch in a sense, he can reach the same heights in under a second and getting his enemies in the distance in a surprise attack
For the MC that specialize in close combat range this could be a very powerful trump card
I could see this work wonders in close quarters when using plate, which is generally slow. Especially if he can use the momentum from the launch to augment the mantis strike.

If we are talking about attacking air however.. light armor MC moves 2 times faster than the fastest bullet. Probably Mach 9. He "blinks" once and moves "several" hundred meters. Average blink time is 100 ms and "several" should be at least 3. So we are talking 3000 m/s. The fastest bullet according to google is the .220 swift which travels at 1400 m/s tops.

If MC can combine this speed with an increase to his density and attack with the full weight of his body, the force generated is going to be ridiculous. Probably significantly more than what he can generate with the mantis attack.

Wait a minute what Classifies as a perfect Asura fight? And/or what are the minimum requirements?
If you fight it at 28 skill, you get +1 skill as a reward (in addition to another relationship point with Nico). Skill is generally hard to come by so any free gains are significant.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes