Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
its funny how during normal convo all the chars look one way and then during sex scenes and fight scenes etc they get a higher definition that looks way better. it makes you want the high def more than the low def.
On his patreon, he created a couple of images of what he imagined the HD version would look like.

I'm not saying it was ugly, but it was a completely different style.
(Everything glowed little too much for my taste.)
The majority of people liked current style more.

Last edited:

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Pretty sure they are the same as always over at the off topic thread, that probably counts for something i guess.
I mean, the space for all of you on the off-topic thread exist so maybe hop in.
I must warn you tho that once you go there you will never be the same, it's worse than what was the Vietnam
Defoesticker.gif

But remember that everyone (apart from the Discordians and the shit reporters) is always welcome there

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
its funny how during normal convo all the chars look one way and then during sex scenes and fight scenes etc they get a higher definition that looks way better. it makes you want the high def more than the low def.
The early releases it wasn't like that. I'm assuming as time went on the dev simply got better at their art and so now all the cgs are in high def

Vasterin099

Jul 22, 2018
The only fish to create any sort of current, to my knowledge, is a specific species of eel, and the MC did not get anything of the sort.
Could have sworn I saw an image of an eel in the brief "visit the zoo and genetically disassemble one of gods unfortunate creatures" scenes but idk, could be mistaken, might have been a conger eel instead, not electrical but vicious little shits regardless.

Also pretty sure there's a variety of Ray that can discharge electricity, though again not sure it's come up at all. Nature be crazy sometimes.

TL;DR don't bother with the Zoo, just send the MC to Australia for a month, he'll be unbeatable

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Also pretty sure there's a variety of Ray that can discharge electricity, though again not sure it's come up at all. Nature be crazy sometimes.
Electric Skate.

TL;DR don't bother with the Zoo, just send the MC to Australia for a month, he'll be unbeatable
That'll have to wait until his fourth evolution... Needs a fighting chance, after all.

hornywolf

Sep 7, 2020
I'm waiting for the day that the dev decide to make mc tie his hairs back.
I'm sure is coming his eyes are cool it's a waste if they don't show it.

hornywolf

Sep 7, 2020
I'm literally on a 1 Corruption playthrough.
And that 1 singular point is because I decided to keep Bailey with me.
And I've had no issue whatsoever.

So I don't know what you're doing to have issues that makes you think you need corruption, aside from dodging every possible training...
In the third evolution scene the eye said some weird shit about "If you want to reach the hieghts you shouldn't miss X Y and Z and devour them" or smt.
It made me wonder if not having enough corruption will be stopping factor at some point

KKStrider

Mar 26, 2020
It's likely that corruption won't be a stopping factor on the whole game, but on specific endings. There's a reason why the guide designates pure and corruption as separate playthroughs. Staying as close to human in psychology as possible VS allowing your mind to diverge from humanity and become more and more adjacent in ethics to a monster's is pretty obviously going to be something that changes something in the end game.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
It's likely that corruption won't be a stopping factor on the whole game, but on specific endings. There's a reason why the guide designates pure and corruption as separate playthroughs. Staying as close to human in psychology as possible VS allowing your mind to diverge from humanity and become more and more adjacent in ethics to a monster's is pretty obviously going to be something that changes something in the end game.
Personally, it bothers me that only MC with high corruption get special action/dialogue options.

Always something like:
Corruption 20 or bigger = You can do this cool thing

Never anything like:
Corruption 10 or less = You can do that cool thing

And yet there are ways to incorporate something like that into the story.

1) An alarm that responds to the presence of monsters could be triggered if your corruption is too high.
2) MC could simply lose control during the fight.
3) Increased vulnerability to attacks/power that target monsters.
4) Some characters refuse to talk to you, because from their point of view you can lose control and kill someone at any moment.
5) Delicate transformations that require great precision and concentration (scalpel instead of a hammer) will not be effective.

I'm getting tired of only the corrupt MC getting all the cool stuff.
Even if it affects the endgame, I'd like at least one cool thing before that.

For example, fixing Bailey.
That seems to me like something that only someone pure enough should be able to do.

Last edited:

MidnightJack

Sep 15, 2020
Personally, it bothers me that only MC with high corruption get special action/dialogue options.

Always something like:
Corruption 20 or bigger = You can do this cool thing

Never anything like:
Corruption 10 or less = You can do that cool thing

And yet there are ways to incorporate something like that into the story.

1) An alarm that responds to the presence of monsters could be triggered if your corruption is too high.
2) MC could simply lose control during the fight.
3) Increased vulnerability to attacks/power that target monsters.
4) Some characters refuse to talk to you, because from their point of view you can lose control and kill someone at any moment.
5) Delicate transformations that require great precision and concentration (scalpel instead of a hammer) will not be effective.

I'm getting tired of only the corrupt MC getting all the cool stuff.
Even if it affects the endgame, I'd like at least one cool thing before that.

For example, fixing Bailey.
That seems to me like something that only someone pure enough should be able to do.
Don't worry. You guys get the "Power of Friendship" as your cool feature.
If you haven't noticed, Corruption begets the MC to consume at the bits one by one at the ties that bond you with your friends.
No corruption route lets you have friends instead of enemies/victims.
That's Your Low Corruption feature. The "Power of Friendship".

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Don't worry. You guys get the "Power of Friendship" as your cool feature.
If you haven't noticed, Corruption begets the MC to consume at the bits one by one at the ties that bond you with your friends.
No corruption route lets you have friends instead of enemies/victims.
That's Your Low Corruption feature. The "Power of Friendship".
There are 42 corruption conditionals in the current game. Generally speaking they are as you note- they just give the corrupt player more content via them understanding the language of the monsters and alternative solutions. There is a bit of flavor text on either side- which makes the corrupt player seem like a bit more of a bastard than the other for those who care about that.

Super high corruption can lead to at least one bad end.

When the CR stat and some of the situations rolled out I thought corruption points would force the MC to kill some of his allies, it may force you to eat a random NPC or so- but it hasn't really done that yet with any character with a long plot-line. The corruption player gets to have their cake and eat it too, so I kinda agree with your criticism. Lightly of course, b/c those consequences may still be coming, or the benefits of being power-of friendship and having low CR might still be coming too.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
WeirdWorld will probably end up remaking old art and common sprites at a later date. Right now, it seems like they'd rather focus on moving the game forward, and probably come back once the game is over to update and clean up what needs to. It's actualyl a really smart way to go about it, since there are plenty of devs who decided to spent multiple updates just doing replacing and cleanup who ended up losing a lot of support because the game itself wasn't progressing.
Plus, honestly, if you push past the first 15 minutes, the quality of the story works for itself : I, myself, got put off the game twice because of the art. I ended up caving in and trying it because I was bored, between games, and wanted something to play. And the story hooked me so hard I couldn't put the game down, and even ended up getting used to the art to the point of liking it.

Honestly, if WeirdWorld ends up remaking older scenes like I suspect they might plan to, I really hope they leave the old art in the gallery at least, maybe with a button to switch between the old and new to show how far they've come on their artistic skills. And to not just make the old art dissapeared. Sure, it might be janky at times, but it's honestly got its own unique charm and sexyness.

Could have sworn I saw an image of an eel in the brief "visit the zoo and genetically disassemble one of gods unfortunate creatures" scenes but idk, could be mistaken, might have been a conger eel instead, not electrical but vicious little shits regardless.

I could also very well be misremembering. I'm not like Drako, I haven't played the game 10 times already. :KEK:

In the third evolution scene the eye said some weird shit about "If you want to reach the hieghts you shouldn't miss X Y and Z and devour them" or smt.
It made me wonder if not having enough corruption will be stopping factor at some point
Going for corrupting actions does give you a lot more power, but you can avoid getting locked out of some content without it as well. It's just a bit more complicated since you need to be careful to hit every possible point gain.
As a rule of thumb, always do all the training possible, and if you get chances to spar/train with Michael, take it.

As for knowing the stats gap between no corruption and full corruption... DrakoGhoul ? You got the number, buddy ?

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
I really like the old and new art tho. Both fit really well with the goth concept. I think it works in his favor if he only upgrades the art in the sex scenes as the contrast will elevate them more.

Reactions: John Doe Jr.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
WeirdWorld will probably end up remaking old art and common sprites at a later date. Right now, it seems like they'd rather focus on moving the game forward, and probably come back once the game is over to update and clean up what needs to. It's actualyl a really smart way to go about it, since there are plenty of devs who decided to spent multiple updates just doing replacing and cleanup who ended up losing a lot of support because the game itself wasn't progressing.
Plus, honestly, if you push past the first 15 minutes, the quality of the story works for itself : I, myself, got put off the game twice because of the art. I ended up caving in and trying it because I was bored, between games, and wanted something to play. And the story hooked me so hard I couldn't put the game down, and even ended up getting used to the art to the point of liking it.

Honestly, if WeirdWorld ends up remaking older scenes like I suspect they might plan to, I really hope they leave the old art in the gallery at least, maybe with a button to switch between the old and new to show how far they've come on their artistic skills. And to not just make the old art dissapeared. Sure, it might be janky at times, but it's honestly got its own unique charm and sexyness.

I could also very well be misremembering. I'm not like Drako, I haven't played the game 10 times already. :KEK:

Going for corrupting actions does give you a lot more power, but you can avoid getting locked out of some content without it as well. It's just a bit more complicated since you need to be careful to hit every possible point gain.
As a rule of thumb, always do all the training possible, and if you get chances to spar/train with Michael, take it.

As for knowing the stats gap between no corruption and full corruption... DrakoGhoul ? You got the number, buddy ?
I'm not even sure. My 0 Corruption playthrough has 337 PP and 34 Skills. I could obviously get it higher if I chose money from Tiffany or power from the Shopkeep but it's unlikely that a 0 Corruption run can get to the max amount of power. That being 363 PP. I'm only guessing but if you did a perfect 0 Corruption run, I think you could end up around the 350 PP ballpark. If you let Laurie die then it should be easier to cross but I feel like that goes against a 0 Corruption playstyle, personally.

For my max corruption dude, he has the max PP allowed, 363. His corruption is 49. It's impossible to reach 363 PP without letting Laurie die. At least, in the current update. You would be missing out on the power that Aglaecwif gives you. This is all from a legit playthrough. You could obviously edit your stats higher if that's your thing.

So I believe there's around a 10 PP gap between a 0 Corruption playthrough and a Max Corruption one.

Reactions: EndlessNights

KKStrider

Mar 26, 2020
With the altered checks Weirdworld put in once he dropped the public version of the last update you can absolutely save Laurie and pay Aglaecwif a visit. In fact, once the update dropped I had to in order to save Laurie, because my first playthrough I decided to do a corrupted skill run where I didn't kill any major characters or non-combatants, and Aglaecwif's power boost was the only thing capable of getting me to 100 PP. Whilst there might be another use for it later down the line, for the time being trading the eye to Aglaecwif is just better for stats.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: hrhr
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes