Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I'm not sure you can look at it that way.
For example, MC abilities are based on physical laws. No magic.
Not anymore. That was true in his level 1 and level 2 career where almost every fighting scene had sound mechanics. Nowadays he breaks the laws of physics in pretty much every scene.
1) He can propel himself midair to Mach 9.
2) His bare hands can punch harder than a tank shell.
3) He can balance himself in the air while holding a scythe with ridiculous torque.
4) He is capable of creating monster materials, something that he couldn't do as a level 2.
5) He can "freeze" matter.

Level 3 is a game changer and we see the effects that were described by both Xanthe and Ella. Both agree that only past a certain level the laws of physics start becoming suggestions instead.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024
Always funny to see someone so pathetic who would create a second account just to support their own arguments...
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I have been here lurking since the Jake update. Ed, I have seen you using your eyes to read only what is convenient to you and the theories inside that useless thing you call head. You're on the same level of the guy who said a level 1/2 would beat a level 3 with preparation. Even that moron who was preaching about fem MC from the start is more likeable than you. I have seen multiple occasions where you were so annoying that people would rather give up than keep discussing with you.

myst0501

May 30, 2020
For example, MC abilities are based on physical laws. No magic.
Well, at least Weir World explains it all according to the rules of the laws of physics.
Xanthe: "There seems to be a more... mystical side, to the powers these monsters, and by extension you superhumans, possess."
Xanthe: "An alien energy source, a power that is not so easily replicated through science, despite our efforts."

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Just a DC movie that is considered by many to be the best DC movie of all time.
;)

P.S.
We obviously have a different opinion on the fundamental workings of the entire Superhuman universe. I understand it as something that is still subject to the laws of physics, but it seems that most people here lean more towards the world of magic.
Yeah most people like that same characters in the game, who keeps saying to the MC that apart from physics there exists a supernatural force that has of course some laws but we don't have enough information about it to determine them

Reactions: Sayajin2205

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
I have been here lurking since the Jake update.
Sure thing. You've been here for months and you decided to create your account just today and post your first comment here within minutes of creating it. That doesn't look suspicious at all.

Please don't embarrass yourself anymore, it's painful to watch.

Jan 16, 2024
Sure thing. You've been here for months and you decided to create your account just today and post your first comment here within minutes of creating it. That doesn't look suspicious at all.

Please don't embarrass yourself anymore, it's painful to watch.
Once more you only read what is convenient to you damn Ed. if someone searched for the definition of talking to a wall in the dictionary they would find your picture right next to it, i have been here for 2 years had nothing to do and the insomnia was hitting (4PM around here right now) so i wanted to mess around a bit i knew you would make me crack up being your old usual self it's actually crazy that you believe in everything you write so follow that advice and stop talking out of your ass after being rebutted :sleep:.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Yeah most people like that same characters in the game, who keeps saying to the MC that apart from physics there exists a supernatural force that has of course some laws but we don't have enough information about it to determine them
I personally like Superhuman precisely because Weir World takes care of the details and does a good job of explaining all the "supernatural stuff" using science and physical laws. As mentioned by myst0501 the only thing we haven't been able to uncover yet is the source of this power. But how individual abilities work can in 90% of cases be explained using physics. Weird World itself explains it all like this. "Because of monster magic" would be just lazy writing incompatible with Weir World.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Once more you only read what is convenient to you damn Ed. if someone searched for the definition of talking to a wall in the dictionary they would find your picture right next to it, i have been here for 2 years had nothing to do and the insomnia was hitting (4PM around here right now) so i wanted to mess around a bit i knew you would make me crack up being your old usual self it's actually crazy that you believe in everything you write so follow that advice and stop talking out of your ass after being rebutted :sleep:.
Sure thing buddy, sure thing...
:ROFLMAO:

P.S.
Did you know that anyone can see when your account was created, when your first post was, and how many posts you've made? ;)

AtomicAtom2021

Aug 30, 2023
I personally like Superhuman precisely because Weir World takes care of the details and does a good job of explaining all the "supernatural stuff" using science and physical laws. As mentioned by myst0501 the only thing we haven't been able to uncover yet is the source of this power. But how individual abilities work can in 90% of cases be explained using physics. Weird World itself explains it all like this. "Because of monster magic" would be just lazy writing incompatible with Weir World.

myst0501 gave you the quotes you asked for and are still doubling down? I'm just confused as I've seen numerous lines stating that none of this monster stuff is within the realm of scientific possibility. It's not lazy if it has been stated since the very beginning.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
I'm just confused as I've seen numerous lines stating that none of this monster stuff is within the realm of scientific possibility. It's not lazy if it has been stated since the very beginning.
That's one way of looking at it. I can definitely understand why someone might feel that way.
But personally, I think that Weird World did such a good job in explaining, that everything can be understood even within the limits of the laws of physics, and that's what makes the game so great. Well, at least it all makes sense to me personally.

Vacillator

Mar 25, 2018
That's one way of looking at it. I can definitely understand why someone might feel that way.
But personally, I think that Weird World did such a good job in explaining, that everything can be understood even within the limits of the laws of physics, and that's what makes the game so great. Well, at least it all makes sense to me personally.
im not a math matician nd idc tht much but i did some quick maths the other day and atleast all the physical lvl5 characters are around 1million times stronger than a average human, you can go off and calc how many jules etc that is if you want to find out at around what point they would start casually tanking nukes

lg545

Oct 23, 2019
In the mall MC can be killed by a couple of regular military grenades.
He is at level 3 at the time.
Nope. He was lvl 2 and MC did not get lvl 3 until final battle against Deryl in Battle of Diamonds.
Also 40k soldiers (which support HERO attack and were provide with best conventional weapons imaginable) were able to ping down only swarms of weak monsters. Every C rank (like a bird that was killed by Alice and Laurie) cause a big problems and casualties among soldiers lines

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I wonder how can you claim that your opinion is based on WeirdWorld's job, when inside the game there exist lines that tell you beyond any doubt that your idea about these interactions are wrong. It's not the first time we have this discussion about nuclear weapons and human technology and the argument is always "physics", "monster tech weapons" and "but this is how works in X comic/game/whatever" while the game explicitly tells you that it's not the case. Physics had a good run earlier in the game. Now that we got exposed to the upper ranges of power, this doesn't hold true anymore.

Just because we can map the interactions to actual scientific concepts, it doesn't mean that what we understand as force, impact, hardness etc apply to Monsters/Superhumans in a way that makes sense to us. This is extremely easy to prove from various in-game scenes.

The possesed MC during deadend 37 can create 1000 tendrils, each one capable of splitting a mountain. Can you even grasp how much force we are talking about?
"I look towards my enemy and find him unmoving, his hands still in his pockets."
You "(He attacks? How?)"
You "(No, it matters not.)"
play sound "audio/laser.mp3"
scene elinv 833 with hpunch
"My arm splits into a thousand, each tendril capable of splitting a mountain."
1/1000th of his arm is capable of splitting a mountain. A nuclear weapon hitting the surface of a mountain probably won't do shit to it's structure. If you are so intent on the idea that exists a framework which allows mundane technology to explain these things, I'd like to see you prove it.

No matter how you tackle this revelation, it doesn't make sense. You can't create something with known materials that is tough enough to retain it's shape while having the necessary mass and kinetic energy to split a goddamn mountain. You will either have to accept that the muscle is so exceptionally dense that even a relatively slow attack could carry so much kinetic energy (good luck trying to explain how this thing can fly), or that the acceleration of the attack is so great that it can be expressed as a percentage of the speed of light, and then you have to explain the lack of shockwaves and other destructive effects.

So while you are absolutely free to theorize about aspects of the game and the discussion is fairly interesting, none of these arguments can be used to claim correctness, especially when the game literally tells you that all the humans in the world cannot beat the weakest level 5 Superhuman, human technology and monster weapons are incapable of beating A Class monsters, and considering that level 5 Superhumans are orders of magnitude stronger than any A Class.

And that's before considering the actually impossible concepts Speed of Light, Planck Temperature (both require infinite energy), Selective Gravity (conceptually impossible), hovering without some form of exhaust (???) etc.

Last edited:

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
im not a math matician nd idc tht much but i did some quick maths the other day and atleast all the physical lvl5 characters are around 1million times stronger than a average human, you can go off and calc how many jules etc that is if you want to find out at around what point they would start casually tanking nukes
Well, it seems that many participants in this discussion would answer that monsters and Superhuman can casually tanking nukes because of "monster magic" :ROFLMAO:

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Gtdead
Hmm, maybe I was misunderstood.
Sometimes I have problems translating my thoughts into English.
I'm not a native speaker.

Am I understanding correctly that you think I'm of the opinion that anything in the Superhuman world is realistically possible? Because that's definitely not what I'm trying to say here.

I'm just saying that around 90% of things are actually based on physical laws and can be explained using the laws of physics. You actually used a few arguments yourself. Exceptionally dense muscles, acceleration of the attack is so great that it can be expressed as a percentage of the speed of light... That is precisely the application of physical laws to places where others would speak of magic.

Last edited:

Vacillator

Mar 25, 2018
Well, it seems that many participants in this discussion would answer that monsters and Superhuman can casually tanking nukes because of "monster magic" :ROFLMAO:
i believe they where basically just saying that around mid lvls be it through physical or magical feats any superhuman or monster could solo humanity which is on point

but yeah in the science of attack on titan guidebook, page 51 states a 16meter titan would b 721x stronger than a average human due to their height and weight, a 16m titan having a bicep width nearing 1.6m, the height of a human, the armored titan can survive the nuclear like blast that comes from the collosal titans transformation

(titans are very weak from aot with that inmind compared to many other anime or any superhuman really)

goliath being 3500 something meters would make him 2,523,500x stronger than a human and he would be likely far above that atleast by another x2 likely considering thats assuming he has no powers and is just a 3k m human

alexis was fondling goliath ella had him locked in her basement malik one taps him and he bows down b4 fresh evo 5 mc doesnt even want to fight em

KKStrider

Mar 26, 2020
Edvin
I'm half convinced you're just messing with us at this point. There is no physics-based reason why Ella can just ignore Malik using a move that it implicitly has the heat of a star's core and explicitly fucking warps reality like in the Battle of Diamonds. He hit her with an attack so brutal it bled through dimensions and she was just like "...Nah, I don't feel like it." and decided to take zero damage from it. Superhumans aren't just tough according to the laws of physics, as soon as they move past level 3 they start outright ignoring it.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Gtdead
Hmm, maybe I was misunderstood.
Sometimes I have problems translating my thoughts into English.
I'm not a native speaker.

Am I understanding correctly that you think I'm of the opinion that anything in the Superhuman world is realistically possible? Because that's definitely not what I'm trying to say here.

I'm just saying that around 90% of things are actually based on physical laws and can be explained using the laws of physics. You actually used a few arguments yourself. Exceptionally dense muscles, acceleration of the attack is so great that it can be expressed as a percentage of the speed of light... That is precisely the application of physical laws to places where others would speak of magic.
No, that's not what I'm understanding from your arguments. Even an illiterate person can see that the game has a scientific base, because it narrates these concepts in a fairly straightforward manner and uses them to create tension and dramatic moments, by emphasizing how impossible the various phenomena would look to simple everyday humans.

Your problem is about scope and scale. You have persuaded yourself that no matter how unrealistic things become, a nuclear bomb is too strong to be left out of the discussion, while you completely disregard the game's information and fail to see the EXTREME BEYOND COMPREHENSION phenomena that happen in the game.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Your problem is about scope and scale. You have persuaded yourself that no matter how unrealistic things become, a nuclear bomb is too strong to be left out of the discussion, while you completely disregard the game's information and fail to see the EXTREME BEYOND COMPREHENSION phenomena that happen in the game.
I feel like you're all just ignoring how ridiculously durable would superhumans have to be to be able to survive direct nuke hit. We are talking about an absolutely ridiculous level. The fights wouldn't even make sense, since two lvl 5s wouldn't even be able to scratch each other. Or worse. To be able to damage each other, the attacks would have to be so powerful that their fight would destroy our planet.

For example, teleportation into the sun was a proven way to kill Superhumans.
The temperature of the sun surface is 5 500 °C.
Starting temperature at the epicenter of a nuclear explosion is 29 999 726,9 °C
Do you understand how ridiculously great their durability would have to be?
Magma is only 700 - 1 200°C
I guess you must think Superhuman lvl 5 can normally bathe in magma and drink it.
And I'm not even talking about the force of kinetic energy that would tear everything to pieces.

I can understand that something the size of a mountain can survive nuke.
But something about human size? Superhumans are durable but not THAT durable.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes