Vacillator

Mar 25, 2018
I feel like you're all just ignoring how ridiculously durable would superhumans have to be to be able to survive direct nuke hit. We are talking about an absolutely ridiculous level. The fights wouldn't even make sense, since two lvl 5s wouldn't even be able to scratch each other. Or worse. To be able to damage each other, the attacks would have to be so powerful that their fight would destroy our planet.

For example, teleportation into the sun was a proven way to kill Superhumans.
The temperature of the sun is 5 500 °C.
Starting temperature at the epicenter of a nuclear explosion is 29 999 726,9 °C
Do you understand how ridiculously great their durability would have to be?
Magma is only 700 - 1 200°C
I guess you must think Superhuman lvl 5 can normally bathe in magma and drink it.
And I'm not even talking about the force of kinetic energy that would tear everything to pieces.

I can understand that something the size of a mountain can survive nuke.
But something about human size? Superhumans are durable but not THAT durable.
ayo i didnt say that part lulz and yeah i would assume "getting teleported into the sun" means being teleported deep into the sun not just the suns surface, the suns surface is 5500c, its core being 15million c, which nico could and would do, she can teleport across universes if the core is thousands of times hotter why would she teleport you to the surface instead of the core

but like i said armor'd titan can tank a small nuclear bomb and hes absolutely nothing compared to early superhumans

Liv08

Aug 11, 2018
You are completely off.

Oskar was nearly killed by regular conventional weapons. And he was definitely one of the more durable even by Superhuman standards. And humans already have really good antimoster weapons, like those special cannons used in the big battle with the monsters.

Furthermore, a headshot with some powerful caliber or a strong enough explosion can kill even an S-class superhuman or similarly powerful monster. Unless you're a special class capable of instant regeneration (there aren't many of them) you won't survive severe brain damage. Superhumans may be stronger, faster, and much more durable than humans, but they still have human anatomy (at least most of them). They cannot function without a brain or without a heart.

And nuclear weapons are capable of easily eliminating most monsters and Superhumans.

But it is counterproductive. If it's a level monster you'd be able to kill with a nuke, then it's not worth wasting something like that on someone so weak. There would have to be a lot of them together to justify it. On the other hand, if it's a monster that you wouldn't be able to kill even using a nuke, then there's no point in using it.
This silly didn't get to the whole HERO arc because was killed at the mall when shapeshifted to a fly ↑ ↑ ↑

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
ayo i didnt say that part lulz and yeah i would assume "getting teleported into the sun" means being teleported deep into the sun not just the suns surface, the suns surface is 5500c, its core being 15million c, which nico could and would do, she can teleport across universes if the core is thousands of times hotter why would she teleport you to the surface instead of the core
Didn't she say something about not being able to teleport to places she's never seen?
I don't know if you can see into the center of the sun...

Anyway, 15 million is still only half the temperature that is at the center of a nuke explosion.

TheShelly

Dec 20, 2020
I feel like you're all just ignoring how ridiculously durable would superhumans have to be to be able to survive direct nuke hit. We are talking about an absolutely ridiculous level. The fights wouldn't even make sense, since two lvl 5s wouldn't even be able to scratch each other. Or worse. To be able to damage each other, the attacks would have to be so powerful that their fight would destroy our planet.

The temperature of the sun surface is 5 500 °C.
I guess you must think Superhuman lvl 5 can normally bathe in magma and drink it.
And I'm not even talking about the force of kinetic energy that would tear everything to pieces.

OIP.jpg
Brother actually has brain damage

Vacillator

Mar 25, 2018
Anyway, 15 million is still only half the temperature that is at the center of a nuke explosion.
welp i tried bois we'll git em next time

naw jk lmao with this we can just assume a sh would b anywhere from 5-30mil + x stronger than any human, idk how far you got in the story but someone mentioned earlier bernhardt or 1 of the superhumans said a somewhat stronger monster would tank 10's of nukes

i dont rlly wanna git in the mc squared gigajulez mumble jumble i dropped out like 3rd grade gimme a break bruw

KKStrider

Mar 26, 2020

The temperature of the sun surface is 5 500 °C.

Edvin
So are we just ignoring that Malik created a pillar of flame so large it breached the planet's atmosphere?
1705402289276.png
And that this didn't even kill the thing he used it on?

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
welp i tried bois we'll git em next time

naw jk lmao with this we can just assume a sh would b anywhere from 5-30mil + x stronger than any human, idk how far you got in the story but someone mentioned earlier bernhardt or 1 of the superhumans said a somewhat stronger monster would tank 10's of nukes

i dont rlly wanna git in the mc squared gigajulez mumble jumble i dropped out like 3rd grade gimme a break bruw
It's not just about the durability of a superhuman or monster but also mass. A nuke does jack shit to a big mountain because of its high mass.
Untitled.png
This fucker is even bigger than mountains and is only an A class.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Exactly, that's why the physics discussion fails. Because even some of the simplest attacks carry enough power to annihilate the planet. But for some reason it doesn't happen. Be it luck, be it a simple inconsistency or some other mechanism relative to monster powers.

If you think 30 million C for a fraction of a second is too high, then you are in for a treat.

Scenario 1)
1) Ella is capable of surviving the Sun (narrator says that the explosion is many times greater than the largest nuclear bomb)
2) She is also capable of surving Malik's attack, which is orders of magnitude stronger than Nico's attack. A pure energy attack that created gravitational effects. This is beyond the sun and all the nuclear bombs in existence.
3) Ella is extremely weak physically and even a level 1 MC can break her skin. When she uses her power though, it will be hard to find a single force in the universe capable of killing her.
4) Malik on the other hand casually drops attacks that dwarf the sun. The intensity of his "Core Heat" attack can only be found in the astrophysical scale and that's rare.
5) Additionally he has an attack which references Planck. Considering that Superhumans are capable of breaking known limits of physics, it stands to reason that he is capable of causing this temperature.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So on one hand we have the few million C that last for a few fractions of a second, and on the other hand we have a confirmed attack with enough condensed energy that causes gravitational effects, something which only happens near extreme astrophysical phenomena that dwarf a sun many times over. No matter HOW impressive a few million degrees C are, they are ABSOLUTELY NOTHING against "Core Heat".

Of course that's Ella who has a unique ability, but let's think about it a bit more.

Scenario 2)

When Dexter pitches the HERO organization to Alistair, he uses the awakening of a Himavat to drive his point.
1) The Himavat is an A Class monster.
2) Alistair wants to nuke it, but Dexter claims it will take "Hundreds of nukes".
3) Bernhardt flies in and obliterates it in a casual manner.

So Bernhardt casually did an attack that is more potent than hundreds of Nuclear bombs.
That many Nuclear explosions are theorized to be capable of causing a Nuclear Winter and that's probably what Dexter refers to. So technically it's extremely dangerous for humans to even attempt to kill Himavat.

Alistair "Its enormous... I-I have to call a nuclear strike, preemptively take it down before it moves!!"
Dexter "Won't do much good, I fear. Even to an ordinary mountain, a nuclear bomb would do precious little, you'd have to launch hundreds."
Dexter "So many that you'd cause extreme damage to our atmosphere, and I can't afford to waste Bernhardt's time repairing that damage. Not to mention the fact that this creature is far more durable than any mountain."
Scenario 3 / Speculation)

1) Bernhardt is considered to be the strongest Superhuman.
2) Lisa says that only Malik or Henri would have a slight hope against him.

What does slight hope mean in this context? If Malik can cause attacks orders of magnitude more powerful and more lasting than Nuclear explosions, and has only a slight hope against Bernhardt, then he probably has to hit him multiple times.

Care to calculate how many nuclear bombs need to detonate, to cause gravitational effects? So yes, a level 5 Superhuman eats a Nuclear Bomb for breakfast if he wants to.

Lisa "Malik is the only one who'd have even a slight hope against him. Or Henri I guess, if he were to ever fully embrace his power."

So it's pretty plausible that Level 5 Superhumans are not threatened by Nuclear weapons, and that's before considering other abilities like speed and reflexes.

When MC was observing Bernhardt vs Himavat, he had trouble following the speed of Himavat's punch.
If a level 2 Superhuman has trouble perceiving the movement of a goddamn magical mountain, then imagine the natural speed and reflexes of a level 5 Superhuman, even the weakest of the bunch.

So to put them all together:
1) Advanced Superhumans are capable of surviving even some of the most extreme effects than can only happen in the astrophysical scale.
2) We have at least 3 instances of attacks that make Nuclear Bombs look like a delicious hot chilly.
3) Xanthe claims that humanity in it's entirety is not capable of stopping a single level 5 superhuman.
4) The Himavat, an A Class monster, can withstand enough Nuclear Strikes that would cause a Nuclear Winter, according to Dexter.
5) A Class monsters are orders of magnitude weaker than level 5 Superhumans
6) All Superhumans, no matter their talents, past their third evolution, get more powerful bodies proportional to their power reserves which are by definition magical.

Last edited:

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Gtdead
Hmm, there are several possible explanations.

1) Inconsistent writing.
Weird World simply didn't even realize what some of the things he wrote were implying.
But in his defense, he's shown more than average knowledge of physics up to this point, so he can be excused for not realizing the consequences in a few cases.

2) In the world of Superhuman, the laws of physics as we know them do not apply.
And by that I don't mean the existence of magic, but normal fundamental physics concepts like gravity, mass, density and pressure. Simply put, even if there were no monsters, no "magic" and no superhumans, their physics wouldn't work the way ours do.

3) Magic, everything is magic!
You are a wizard Harry and we are not in Kansas anymore!

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Gtdead

1) Inconsistent writing.
Weird World simply didn't even realize what some of the things he wrote were implying.
But in his defense, he's shown more than average knowledge of physics up to this point, so he can be excused for not realizing the consequences in a few cases.
Isn't that backwards? If he is more knowledgeable than average, then why should he be excused for "mistakes"? The more rational thought is that since he is more knowledgeable than average, his writings are more accurate than average.

Additionally he absolutely loves to use these phenomena for dramatic tension.

For example, even if he wasn't precise with the effects, explaining in such detail how Malik's attack caused the dimension to momentarily break and created gravitational effects makes it clear that he intended this revelation to be extraordinary, unfathomable even, considering how hard it was to break into the dimension in the first place.

2) In the world of Superhuman, the laws of physics as we know them do not apply.
And by that I don't mean the existence of magic, but normal fundamental physics concepts like gravity, mass, density and pressure. Simply put, even if there were no monsters, no "magic" and no superhumans, their physics wouldn't work the way ours do.

3) Magic, everything is magic!
You are a wizard Harry and we are not in Kansas anymore!
No reason to make any assumptions. We already have a strong indication that the laws of the universe are made by the "Order" power, they are malleable and at their current iteration they look a lot like ours. The problem only really arises past a certain level of power and out of the 3 known authorities on monster matters (Ella, Xanthe and Tanos), 2 have mentioned this phenomenon.

Even Harry Potter lived in a world where the mundane worked exactly like the real world. Just because magic exists, it doesn't invalidate everything else. The thought is very simple. Once Monster Power reaches a "critical mass", things change.

Last edited:

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Isn't that backwards? If he is more knowledgeable than average, then why should he be excused for "mistakes"? The more rational thought is that since he is more knowledgeable than average, his writings are more accurate than average.
I meant that so far he has made virtually no mistakes and has gone into quite a lot of detail. Therefore, we should be lenient and excuse a few minor mistakes, if they were really unplanned mistakes.

I guess that is one of the possible explanations. It's also possible that it has something to do with chaos energy.
Each superhuman simply generates a certain degree of chaos energy aura, which from a certain level causes certain laws of physics in their vicinity to behave differently than they should.

Or the monsters are actually aliens who came from another universe and brought some laws from this alien universe with them.

But I'm pretty sure that Weird World will eventually reveal the origin of the monsters and the source of their power.
Then it won't all be just theories.

Vacillator

Mar 25, 2018
Gtdead

1) Inconsistent writing.
i feel like.. if i wuz arguing with 17 ppl alrdy nd then i came to the conclusion tht the author is wrong id probs b backpeddling rq at that point lmao

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I meant that so far he has made virtually no mistakes and has gone into quite a lot of detail. Therefore, we should be lenient and excuse a few minor mistakes, if they were really unplanned mistakes.
I got that, I just don't think that they are mistakes, especially when dramatic language is involved. I think they are delliberate and the natural continuation of the information breadcrumps he has given us all along. We know that shit will eventually get real, and it got TOO real with casual apocalyptic level events.

I guess that is one of the possible explanations. It's also possible that it has something to do with chaos energy.
Each superhuman simply generates a certain degree of chaos energy aura, which from a certain level causes certain laws of physics in their vicinity to behave differently than they should.

Or the monsters are actually aliens who came from another universe and brought some laws from this alien universe with them.

But I'm pretty sure that Weird World will eventually reveal the origin of the monsters and the source of their power.
Then it won't all be just theories.
It's a good pasttime though.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
i feel like.. if i wuz arguing with 17 ppl alrdy nd then i came to the conclusion tht the author is wrong id probs b backpeddling rq at that point lmao
I have no idea what you're talking about.
And I mean that literally because I can't even read it.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes