Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Not the kitchen. He was in the basement Shadow found.
that explains why blindfold kid wants to join openly join HERO (despite Ella needing him for her plan and also planning against hero) He just wants to avoid going into the basement with tanos only to end up cut in half with promises of an "upgrade" :eek:

Reactions: Katsuki45

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
I don't think she cares about the "invaders". Her plans involve the Apostles, a ritual and an extremely powerful Superhuman who ultimately will decide how this whole thing will play out. The question is what she wants to get out of it.

1) Ella can communicate with an Apostle. During her fifth evolution, Ella urges the Apostle to go back to sleep saying that she will take care of stuff.
2) The Apostle is most likely Memory. She is the only Apostle who actively wants a 50-50 Spawn, she is the one that Ella brings MC to during deadend3.

An interesting question is why Ella considered both Jake and MC adequate for her plans.
Does that mean that Memory does not care if the Spawn is of her own line?
Or does it mean that Ella wants to "hijack" whatever Memory wants to do and turn it to her advantage?

Considering the deadend3, I'm willing to bet that up till now, everything is part of Memory's plan. This plan mostly works for Ella, but she will probably have a contingency in place for the end.
I'm not sure Ella needs a powerful superhuman for her plans, just a superhuman with a specific power.
She has a project that she could have used either Jake or the MC for, but she also infected the jocks James and Kenny as minyak spawn and would have preferred to use them instead of the the MC, but they both monsterified, so she was stuck with Jake or the MC.
It was theorized earlier in the thread that Ella needs a telepath for something, that's the only common thread between Jake, MC and a minyak spawn.

Reactions: Gettyra

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
James and Kenny as minyak spawn and would have preferred to use them instead of the the MC, but they both monsterified, so she was stuck with Jake or the MC.
Doesn't she remark that MC powers are "already perfect" if we tell about the memory early? But a minyak is more perfect? Ella wanted to meet us "officially" however before meeting us she knows MC name before its said so she would have known we were just a 3/4 spawn not a minyak? So why waste time? It's not like she needs to know you to walk onto the campus and start hunting?

Also I guess she lost EVERY SINGLE ONE of the minyak pills and the way to make more? because after the fight with clark in the park they stop factoring into her plans all together

Edit: If she needs a minyak it would be much better for her plan to have never infected us and just gone to the school and looked around for a day. Without MC/Deryl and all the stuff we bring into their lifes id say the jocks have a better chance at not losing themselves

Last edited:
Reactions: TerminusPrime

bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
Doesn't she remark that MC powers are "already perfect" if we tell about the memory early? But a minyak is more perfect? Ella wanted to meet us "officially" however before meeting us she knows MC name before its said so she would have known we were just a 3/4 spawn not a minyak? So why waste time? It's not like she needs to know you to walk onto the campus and start hunting?

Also I guess she lost EVERY SINGLE ONE of the minyak pills and the way to make more? because after the fight with clark in the park they stop factoring into her plans all together

Edit: If she needs a minyak it would be much better for her plan to have never infected us and just gone to the school and looked around for a day. Without MC/Deryl and all the stuff we bring into their lifes id say the jocks have a better chance at not losing themselves
I can't remember where, but Ella has an inner monologue where she says, imo, with regret that it has to be us after all. That leads me to believe that whatever she's planning might have some really bad consequences and at that point in time she doesn't want to put us in mortal danger. Could be misremembering or interpreting the scene wrong but still.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I can't remember where, but Ella has an inner monologue where she says, imo, with regret that it has to be us after all. That leads me to believe that whatever she's planning might have some really bad consequences and at that point in time she doesn't want to put us in mortal danger. Could be misremembering or interpreting the scene wrong but still.
I cant recall that scene but with how many times MC/Ella compares themsleves to the other and or is made happy by the other it would not surprise me that she does feel that way. During her hair fleshlight scene she mentions how alike her and MC even "having the same scars" sure that could be 4d chess level of manipulation (she would be manipulating the charatcer MC but not the player becuase we dont know about his scars at that point) but it could be how she feels.

She also mentions (i think in the note to Christie/Em) that we will "be going with her soon" or something to that effect and that we should say our goodbyes when we can iirc. Does not really mesh with the idea that we are her 2nd of 3rd choice. The only thing that points towards someone else having a big part of her plans is the fact that both tiny and huge ella both comment that they did not think that you would be the one to wake her up.

fwiw I thought that the strongest monsters (forget what they are classed as? unknown? the ones that only a handful have been found) being found as corpses and us getting/being teased with monster parts that havent had use (finger from shadow, mask from shopkeep) and the MC being able to copies things memories painted the clear idea that MC was going to combine knowlegde/powers in ways that have not been done.

Unless im misunderstanding that also fits with the idea of a 50/50 spawn being plot relevent now?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
I cant recall that scene but with how many times MC/Ella compares themsleves to the other and or is made happy by the other it would not surprise me that she does feel that way. During her hair fleshlight scene she mentions how alike her and MC even "having the same scars" sure that could be 4d chess level of manipulation (she would be manipulating the charatcer MC but not the player becuase we dont know about his scars at that point) but it could be how she feels.

She also mentions (i think in the note to Christie/Em) that we will "be going with her soon" or something to that effect and that we should say our goodbyes when we can iirc. Does not really mesh with the idea that we are her 2nd of 3rd choice. The only thing that points towards someone else having a big part of her plans is the fact that both tiny and huge ella both comment that they did not think that you would be the one to wake her up.

fwiw I thought that the strongest monsters (forget what they are classed as? unknown? the ones that only a handful have been found) being found as corpses and us getting/being teased with monster parts that havent had use (finger from shadow, mask from shopkeep) and the MC being able to copies things memories painted the clear idea that MC was going to combine knowlegde/powers in ways that have not been done.

Unless im misunderstanding that also fits with the idea of a 50/50 spawn being plot relevent now?

She mentions her regret at it having to be the MC for her plan while she's walking away from the frat party when she left the MC to fight monster Kenny. She was desperate to try to find somebody else which lead her to infecting James and Kenny with Minyak.

Reactions: Simpgor

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
what she fear seems to be more linked to corruption, she collects the hearts, and it's linked to mc' arbiter form since he need to find Ella because he's not complete.
what we see in that dead end isnt what should have happened, but the risk still exist and that's what she fear, because Deus who know about Ella's plan and want it to be a succes said this.

but she still hopped that it could be her but when she reached her 5th, she realised that it couldnt be her.

Last edited:

Dynamite69420

Feb 22, 2022
how do I beat the bird on a corrupted/villian playthrough? didnt seem to get enough power any choices I might miss not on the guide I killed and consumed everyone I could and did all the training events and cheerleading events. Do I need to take the horn from the shop keep?

Reactions: Doom Marine

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
how do I beat the bird on a corrupted/villian playthrough? didnt seem to get enough power any choices I might miss not on the guide I killed and consumed everyone I could and did all the training events and cheerleading events. Do I need to take the horn from the shop keep?
Pretty sure you just need to choose the correct options in the fight. I didn't focus on power at all and beat him.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I had this post in the works for quite some time. I think at this point we have enough information to try and derive the trait makeup of the various characters in the game. This is going to be huge because we have a lot of info and many characters to go through. For the obvious ones I'll try to be conscise. I'm not going to bother with the exact makeup and the generations for this, however I'm going to emphasize the traits that I think are more prominent in every character.

I will try to maintain this post so it can be used as a resource/reference, when new information hits us, but it will have to be confirmed, either ingame or through the monster reports, not implied.

The structure of the document isn't perfect, but I'd rather post it earlier to start a discussion and fix it later, than keep it in my hard drive till it's finished.

The post has three parts.
1. A primer on the various traits based on the abilities shown by beings with high compability. These interactions are not necessarily 100% confirmed. I will try to keep things as fair as possible.

2. A part about Superhumans and Monsters that we know their traits and makeup. For the more prominent of them I will add some extra information.

3. A part where I'm trying to deduce the traits/makeup of various characters. I will use various ingame information, along with the relevant context taken from game text or monster reports.

Edit: Spelling corrections, refactors etc. The quest to fix spelling will give me a lot of exp I'm sure.

Last edited:

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
I had this post in the works for quite some time. I think at this point we have enough information to try and derive the trait makeup of the various characters in the game. This is going to be huge because we have a lot of info and many characters to go through. For the obvious ones I'll try to be conscise. I'm not going to bother with the exact makeup and the generations for this, however I'm going to emphasize the traits that I think are more prominent in every character.

I will try to maintain this post so it can be used as a resource/reference, when new information hits us, but it will have to be confirmed, either ingame or through the monster reports, not implied.

The structure of the document isn't perfect, but I'd rather post it earlier to start a discussion and fix it later, than keep it in my hard drive till it's finished.

The post has three parts.
1. A primer on the various traits based on the abilities shown by beings with high compability. These interactions are not necessarily 100% confirmed. I will try to keep things as fair as possible.

2. A part about Superhumans and Monsters that we know their traits and makeup. For the more prominent of them I will add some extra information.

3. A part where I'm trying to deduce the traits/makeup of various characters. I will use various ingame information, along with the relevant context taken from game text or monster reports.

I'm not sure if Claudia has become a superhuman yet, but based on what happened in the time dream i figure there's some degree of omnitemporality. I subscribe to the idea that what happened there was only partially a dream, potentially influenced by the future Claudia.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2020
I'm not sure if Tiffany has become a superhuman yet, but based on what happened in the time dream i figure there's some degree of omnitemporality. I subscribe to the idea that what happened there was only partially a dream, potentially influenced by the future Tiffany.
What, tiffany IS a superhuman. the spawn of light.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
So according to this, I will tend to categorize Humanoid monsters with obvious musculature under Creation (and perhaps Power), and those who can somehow alter parts of themselves or are made by a material that is too solid or too weird to move normally, under Body. I'm very interested in the community's thoughts on this.
This might run into some problems when we know that Illusion(name pending) have the ability to be perceived in any way they so choose. So in theory some of the monsters we've seen do have some degree of Illusion in them even if they don't express the full trait.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
I don't quite agree here, I think that considering Light seems to be the ability to empower others, it makes the most sense for darkness to have the opposite ability. An argument can be made for power, but I see the Strength Eaters as being primarily Dark, with some possible Ether and Power as lesser influences

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
A fairly boring monster that doesn't show any special characteristics and a very humanoid form, although it has 6 hands. However unlike Goliath, we don't have a spawn to derive information from. So I'll keep it simple.

Verdict: Creation
Considering WW strong fascination with copying from mythology. I feel like Asura being Power is like the most obvious thing in the world, unless we get some sort of confirmation to the contrary.

Reactions: kibaris

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
Can preserve souls, who seem to be conscious - Memory
Can kill by just being in the vicinity - Power
She channels some form of energy - Power
She either drains or suppresses Tiffany - Power or Dark
She seemingly can ressurect the preserved souls and revert them to whatever state she wants. This sounds a lot like Eisheth's tricks of rejecting her death.

Verdict: Power, Memory and Truth.
imo, Nyx's abilities over souls and the dead seems to be way more in line with Memory than with Truth, especially considering MC's burdgeoning mindscape. Souls can be considered the memories of the mind to the more poetically minded. My verdict is Power, with a sizeable affiliation with Memory

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
I left the best for last because the last update made me rethink everything about him. Up till now I thought his powers were mainly Time based, but now I think that it's not the case. There are two reasons for this. One is that his powers are supposed to be similar to Halona's. The second and more important is that what MC connects to his dream, he claims that his memories are wrong.

Now this is extremely interesting. Not only Deus claims that MC has mistaken him for something he isn't, but he seems very aware of how memories work in general. Which is in line with my ideas about Halona's powers.

Another question is, if Deus had some form of the Time trait, wouldn't he be capable of linking MC to the Apostle? With how much awareness he has shown, he could just connect MC to Time without much hassle.

Deus can divine the future with extreme presicion and he seems to know not only what will happen, but he has insight on the thoughts of various individuals. Like Halona connects to spirits, perhaps Deus can connect directly to the individuals he cares about and gain insight directly from their memories, similar to how MC could read Tiffany and counter her attack. It could also explain his night terrors, having seen the traumatic memories of the various monsters etc.

As always, acting at arbitrary distances probably includes an Ether component and it fits very much with that light attack he makes which cuts through everything. It also kinda fits with how he was able to cut MC from his power during the Deadend. Another option could be Light which could allow him to act at great distances with ease.

There's still a lot of oddities with the guy and during deadend37 he speaks as if he possess some Time powers, but the last update made it fairly clear that there is something going on.

Verdict: Memory with Ether and/or Light. No Time whatsoever. I'm waiting for the backlash! Fucking Deus. I still can't understand why everyone thinks Deus is bad in a fight. He seems borderline overpowered against conventional enemies with his ability to cut through anything and he's not even a level 5.
Considering the very conceptual nature of his abilities, I have to say that Deus screams Truth to me, with a strong helping of Memory. Memory explains a lot of precognition, whereas Truth fits as the most cleanly conceptually based power among the 12 apostles. Possibly some small amount of Space too for the reasons you mentioned.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I'm not sure if Claudia has become a superhuman yet, but based on what happened in the time dream i figure there's some degree of omnitemporality. I subscribe to the idea that what happened there was only partially a dream, potentially influenced by the future Claudia.
She probably haven't which is way I added the word "probably". It's heavily foreshadowed though so I'm willing to bet that she will end up a Timespawn. If we get any conflicting info I will edit this.

This might run into some problems when we know that Illusion(name pending) have the ability to be perceived in any way they so choose. So in theory some of the monsters we've seen do have some degree of Illusion in them even if they don't express the full trait.
I tried to add as much detail as I could with the monsters. I will need something tangible to consider an Illusion component because as far as we've seen, those that have some form of the trait tend to target others with it and not to conceal themselves. This is one of the reasons why I have so much trouble with Henri and why I decided to not consider Rina for it.

I don't quite agree here, I think that considering Light seems to be the ability to empower others, it makes the most sense for darkness to have the opposite ability. An argument can be made for power, but I see the Strength Eaters as being primarily Dark, with some possible Ether and Power as lesser influences
Dark is considered to have suppression effects so your hypothesis is correct. However we have never seen it actually empower the caster somehow by leeching energy. Michael is the only one who can leech energy from others to empower himself so I have to go with Power for now.

The Strength Eaters are described as monsters who become stronger, not making their enemies weaker. Perhaps both are true but I will need some sort of confirmation. If we had some info that the enemy also becomes weaker, I'd add Dark in a heartbeat.

Considering WW strong fascination with copying from mythology. I feel like Asura being Power is like the most obvious thing in the world, unless we get some sort of confirmation to the contrary.
I have to admit that I didn't even check if the Asura is an actual mythological being. However after checking it, and considering that it's connected to Raksashas which I'm familiar with, aside from the multiple hands, I don't see that many similarities. Rakshasas are shapeshifters and illusionists which are very different from this particular monster.

imo, Nyx's abilities over souls and the dead seems to be way more in line with Memory than with Truth, especially considering MC's burdgeoning mindscape. Souls can be considered the memories of the mind to the more poetically minded. My verdict is Power, with a sizeable affiliation with Memory
The Truth component is only for recreating their body from scratch like Eisheth can do for herself. Everything related to preserving the dead and the soul is Memory. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Considering the very conceptual nature of his abilities, I have to say that Deus screams Truth to me, with a strong helping of Memory. Memory explains a lot of precognition, whereas Truth fits as the most cleanly conceptually based power among the 12 apostles. Possibly some small amount of Space too for the reasons you mentioned.
If by conceptually you mean that he will reach the "truth" through his power, yes it fits. However every effect we've seen in the game has to do with altering the interactions between objects and materializing things. If at any point we get a Truth ability that has to do with the "search for truth" I will consider it. It's funny though, Eisheth is the Chosen of truth, but everything she did was.. not true. She decided to not die, she decided that the rocks don't suffer opposite forces etc. Such a weird concept.

If not, could you elaborate a bit? Give me an example of an ability we can observe?

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes