VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 130 Votes

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
As far as I know, Mortze wrote the entire screenplay for Warrior's Heart. I don't think it's very fair to make this hurtful reflection.
Tlaero is the person who writes all of the Elsa Verse scripts as well as the ones about Christine's adventures. Pandora and Warrior's Heart are pure products of Mortze's imagination and pen until proven otherwise.
Thank you for that.
It's not supposed to be hurtfull.

Its just a small fact.
They merged both together. And, let's be honest.. better keep the graphism to Mortze and the story to Tlareo. It's the best.

It's better to let Mortze concentrate on rendering alone. After all, isn't that one of his patreon goal ? XD

• Angry
Reactions: DeathAl

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017

Its just a small fact.
They merged both together. And, let's be honest.. better keep the graphism to Mortze and the story to Tlareo. It's the best.

It's better to let Mortze concentrate on rendering alone. After all, isn't that one of his patreon goal ? XD
Well, no. My goal is to tell stories, and some of them are stories that I come up with.
Thing is I don't have the excellence and experience, nor am I an English native speaker to be on par with Tlaero when it comes to storytelling but I do believe I have interesting stories to tell anyway.

Will they appeal to everyone? Most probably not. In any case as long as I am able to, and as long as there are people "listening" I'll tell them.

So no. It's not a small fact. It's just your opinion.

One thing you got right though, I agree with it. Tlaero and I are better as a team and produce better work together - that's the main goal of teaming up after all, isn't it?
But that's not enough for me to give up telling my own stories, may it be because I want to tell a particular story, or because Tlaero isn't interested in telling something I want to focus on.
In the case of Star Wars Tlaero and I have already discussed that she doesn't know SW lore as well as I do and also that I am very nicky-picky when it comes to SW, meaning that I'd feel the need to confront her writing and ideas more than often and that would not be a good thing.

So yeah, I appreciate your opinion but no thanks.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
To be very clear, Mortze wrote The Warrior's Heart completely on his own, and I think it's excellent.

I confirm that I did retire and that I've come back, but in a lower capacity than before. Mortze and I now trade off between him working on a solo project (currently the sequel to The Warrior's Heart) and then him working on a collaboration game with me (most recent one, Life Changes for Keeley). I'm also writing shorter works to help fill in the gaps between releases (Rain God, and Elsaverse: Transitions are recent).

Tlaero

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Well, no. My goal is to tell stories, and some of them are stories that I come up with.
Thing is I don't have the excellence and experience, nor am I an English native speaker to be on par with Tlaero when it comes to storytelling but I do believe I have interesting stories to tell anyway.

Will they appeal to everyone? Most probably not. In any case as long as I am able to, and as long as there are people "listening" I'll tell them.

So no. It's not a small fact. It's just your opinion.

One thing you got right though, I agree with it. Tlaero and I are better as a team and produce better work together - that's the main goal of teaming up after all, isn't it?
But that's not enough for me to give up telling my own stories, may it be because I want to tell a particular story, or because Tlaero isn't interested in telling something I want to focus on.
In the case of Star Wars Tlaero and I have already discussed that she doesn't know SW lore as well as I do and also that I am very nicky-picky when it comes to SW, meaning that I'd feel the need to confront her writing and ideas more than often and that would not be a good thing.

So yeah, I appreciate your opinion but no thanks.
my opinion is still a fact. the fact it is my opinion. :p

i think it will be a good thing to be with her and correct her on some point. She may learn a bit more about SW on the way and who knows... maybe she be a fan too XD

i m myself a shit at SW stuff, yet i know a bit of things here and there. i dont have troubles when my brother talk to me and explain me tons of lore stuff that i have no idea about. even if i dont understand and end confused after a minute because soo many species and all the relationship between them... i still appreciate to learn a bit of it.

in a crazy way, maybe learning about SW may give Tlareo inspiration for some futur stories, not related to SW, but maybe with a bit of this and that inspired by SW universe.

soo i conclude you will prefer to go in hollywood to prepar the script of the next SW movie stuff instead of rendering this game?

:KEK: (i mean, supposedly that it doesn't bring you wayy more money and all, let's say, if it was at same level of money and reputation and all. otherwise, obviously everybody will go to hollywood XD)

• Angry
Reactions: Regardie

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
my opinion is still a fact. the fact it is my opinion. :p

i think it will be a good thing to be with her and correct her on some point. She may learn a bit more about SW on the way and who knows... maybe she be a fan too XD

i m myself a shit at SW stuff, yet i know a bit of things here and there. i dont have troubles when my brother talk to me and explain me tons of lore stuff that i have no idea about. even if i dont understand and end confused after a minute because soo many species and all the relationship between them... i still appreciate to learn a bit of it.

in a crazy way, maybe learning about SW may give Tlareo inspiration for some futur stories, not related to SW, but maybe with a bit of this and that inspired by SW universe.

soo i conclude you will prefer to go in hollywood to prepar the script of the next SW movie stuff instead of rendering this game?

:KEK: (i mean, supposedly that it doesn't bring you wayy more money and all, let's say, if it was at same level of money and reputation and all. otherwise, obviously everybody will go to hollywood XD)
I understand but it's not wise to say that opinion is the same as fact. Facts are realities. Opinions may or may not be backed with realities.

Tlaero knows enough of SW to maybe write something in its universe in my opinion but I am convinced that my stubbornness would be detrimental in this particular case. I have very static and solid views on many elements of SW like what the Force is, what the Jedi are and how they should behave, the Dark Side, and while I welcome any discussion on the subjects it would be hard to find someone with the precise same views as I have.

If I were given the opportunity to contribute to canon Star Wars I'd do it without hesitation.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I understand but it's not wise to say that opinion is the same as fact. Facts are realities. Opinions may or may not be backed with realities.

Tlaero knows enough of SW to maybe write something in its universe in my opinion but I am convinced that my stubbornness would be detrimental in this particular case. I have very static and solid views on many elements of SW like what the Force is, what the Jedi are and how they should behave, the Dark Side, and while I welcome any discussion on the subjects it would be hard to find someone with the precise same views as I have.

If I were given the opportunity to contribute to canon Star Wars I'd do it without hesitation.
Hah, you already got the game and all ready. that's the best sign for a game :D

(i know you not amateur on game developing, but todays we got alots of enthusiast who start doing games but didn't have a full solid view of what they want in it. cool you know exactly what you want :D)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
More developers throwing shade at other devs....

Have some class and keep it private if you have an opinion.

Reactions: DeathAl

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
More developers throwing shade at other devs....

Have some class and keep it private if you have an opinion.
me?

i doubt i will make shadow to anybody XD.

Beside, i didn't meant to be rude. i just stated that Tlaero is better at story writter than Mortze.

yes, my opinion. Sinze when i m not allowed to share it?

i m perfectly aware to share an opinion, may it be good or bad. I dont think that would make Mortze feel bad at all. At contrary, he is aware of the talent of Tlaero, as much as Tlaero is aware of Mortze talent.

guess my english is so bad that nobody understand my POV...

i dont need to PM Mortze for that. There is this exact thread made for that XD

• Angry
Reactions: Dragon59

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
Well, you did say that I was a bad storyteller and should only do renders instead.
That statement is what started this.
Tlaero being undisputable better storyteller than me doesn't automatically make me a bad one. I'm not saying I am not a bad one, that's for each player to decide, but perhaps just saying I'm a bad storyteller without actually telling me why (instead of comparing me to an experienced one by name only and not by qualities I lack comparatively) isn't fair criticism.

I'd rather hear opinions on what fields I should improve to be a better storyteller instead of having someone tell me to simply quit doing something that gives me joy.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Well, you did say that I was a bad storyteller and should only do renders instead.
Tlaero being undisputable better storyteller than me doesn't automatically make me a bad one. I'm not saying I am not a bad one, that's for each player to decide, but perhaps just saying I'm a bad storyteller without actually telling me why (instead of comparing me to an experienced one by name only and not by qualities I lack comparatively) isn't fair criticism.

I'd rather hear opinions on what fields I should improve to be a better storyteller instead of having someone tell me to simply quit doing something that gives me joy.
meh.. clearly get missunderstood here.
=======================================

you aware that Mortze is bad as story teller? (i mean... come on, it's not his strength point XD)

Tlareo is the script's pearl, Mortze is the graphism god, not the scenarist XD

Its just a small fact.

==========================================

this, is what i exactly say.
Did i mentionned that you should "quit" anything? .. no, i stated (stated!) that you should better stay on rendering while Tlaero make the script. (that out as Tlaero didnt work on that game, but i wasn't aware at that moment about this)

i did never asked you to specifically "quit" doing anything.

my "opinion", used as a fact, is in his correct way to me.

i would tell you what to improve to be better story teller... but can i ?.. i m already seen as a dipshit guy who try to put shadow and what not on you already. soo fine, i better shut up and let it go. It's your game after all, and it's my opinion about it.

as always, dont mind about me. Just probably be considered as troll or whatever. So fine. you wont hear about me anymore. nor here or via PM.

have fun and keep up good stuff. (but i guess whatever i say wont change anything now.)

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016

For what it's worth I think you're a pretty good storyteller for the adult genre, especially when comparing with most of what we can find on this site. In my opinion there's around 15 to 20 good storytellers with projects active at the moment, then a maybe a 100 or so that could be considered average or passable and then all the others who are simply bad or mediocre. Both you and Tlaero fit on the first category. And I do have some experience with writing and storytelling, so I kinda know a bit of what I'm talking about.

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
meh.. clearly get missunderstood here.

you aware that Mortze is bad as story teller? (i mean... come on, it's not his strength point XD)

Tlareo is the script's pearl, Mortze is the graphism god, not the scenarist XD

Its just a small fact.

==========================================

this, is what i exactly say.
Did i mentionned that you should "quit" anything? .. no, i stated (stated!) that you should better stay on rendering while Tlaero make the script. (that out as Tlaero didnt work on that game, but i wasn't aware at that moment about this)

i did never asked you to specifically "quit" doing anything.

my "opinion", used as a fact, is in his correct way to me.

i would tell you what to improve to be better story teller... but can i ?.. i m already seen as a dipshit guy who try to put shadow and what not on you already. soo fine, i better shut up and let it go. It's your game after all, and it's my opinion about it.

as always, dont mind about me. Just probably be considered as troll or whatever. So fine. you wont hear about me anymore. nor here or via PM.

have fun and keep up good stuff. (but i guess whatever i say wont change anything now.)
Now it's you who misunderstood me.

Now that you've clarified that you never intended to tell me to quit storytelling and focus only on rendering.
I started making the SW game at a time when Tlaero decided to retire. I didn't had any other solution than try my luck alone because at that moment a learned that I would have to try to make games on my own and not depend on someone else.
If Tlaero didn't decided that at that time we wouldn't have had this game made in the first place and we'd probably have some other game made.
So, to clarify, me writing this game was a necessity, not a team decision, because when it was done the team was no more.

Now that the team is back again I thought a lot if I should make 2nd episode alone or invite Tlaero to write it. Soon I realized the fact that due to the particular circumstance of this being an already started game, with defined characters, in a setting that is very dear to me, I would be a very complicated team member for Tlaero questioning her writing more than often, because Drea wouldn't talk like that, and Kleio wouldn't act like this, etc. That would be tremendously frustrating for Tlaero to have her creativity in writing checked over and over because of my stubbornness.
That's why I am still the sole writer of this game. Tlaero is one of my trusted friends when I have doubts concerning story and characters and I rely on her opinion a lot.

If tomorrow I come up with the idea of making a new game set in the Dune setting, as an example, or the Blade Runner setting, I'd gladly invite Tlaero to write it from the start, make up the characters, and that way I wouldn't have grounds to challenge her writing later on. That's what happens in our current games. I sometimes think that Miranda wouldn't say that but in the end Tlaero knows Miranda better than anyone.

I don't have any grudge on you and you're free to share your opinion if your intentions are kind (which I believe were in this case).
I do not want you to refrain to silence and I don't want you to disconsider, and ask to disconsider your opinion.
Misunderstandings happen and misunderstandings can be clarified. An opinion formed out of kindness but is based on misunderstanding is still a valid opinion for me.
If you have advice on how to improve my storytelling I humbly ask you to share it with me, either here or in private message.
Any advice, based on a genuine interest in the betterment of the recipient should always be welcomed and listened and if respectfully discarded its refusal should gallantly be accepted by the advisor.
That's how grown ups should behave.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Now it's you who misunderstood me.

Now that you've clarified that you never intended to tell me to quit storytelling and focus only on rendering.
I started making the SW game at a time when Tlaero decided to retire. I didn't had any other solution than try my luck alone because at that moment a learned that I would have to try to make games on my own and not depend on someone else.
If Tlaero didn't decided that at that time we wouldn't have had this game made in the first place and we'd probably have some other game made.
So, to clarify, me writing this game was a necessity, not a team decision, because when it was done the team was no more.

Now that the team is back again I thought a lot if I should make 2nd episode alone or invite Tlaero to write it. Soon I realized the fact that due to the particular circumstance of this being an already started game, with defined characters, in a setting that is very dear to me, I would be a very complicated team member for Tlaero questioning her writing more than often, because Drea wouldn't talk like that, and Kleio wouldn't act like this, etc. That would be tremendously frustrating for Tlaero to have her creativity in writing checked over and over because of my stubbornness.
That's why I am still the sole writer of this game. Tlaero is one of my trusted friends when I have doubts concerning story and characters and I rely on her opinion a lot.

If tomorrow I come up with the idea of making a new game set in the Dune setting, as an example, or the Blade Runner setting, I'd gladly invite Tlaero to write it from the start, make up the characters, and that way I wouldn't have grounds to challenge her writing later on. That's what happens in our current games. I sometimes think that Miranda wouldn't say that but in the end Tlaero knows Miranda better than anyone.

I don't have any grudge on you and you're free to share your opinion if your intentions are kind (which I believe were in this case).
I do not want you to refrain to silence and I don't want you to disconsider, and ask to disconsider your opinion.
Misunderstandings happen and misunderstandings can be clarified. An opinion formed out of kindness but is based on misunderstanding is still a valid opinion for me.
If you have advice on how to improve my storytelling I humbly ask you to share it with me, either here or in private message.
Any advice, based on a genuine interest in the betterment of the recipient should always be welcomed and listened and if respectfully discarded its refusal should gallantly be accepted by the advisor.
That's how grown ups should behave.
Now, after read that grown up reply, and with all my respect, you know other thing you suck at? ;) Communication. Please give already some news about part 2, how it's coming along, throw us some minor, non-spoilering preview, a nice background pic, whatever. People don't really know if that cxx guy is right when he says you're working on it.

Reactions: Meushi

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
I am working on it. Been rendering pictures, still too early to tell details or dates but it's not a static project.
I am also working on other things with Tlaero as you know.

Here are two non spoiler pictures that I'm sure will make people speculate.

swe2_bar44.png

swe2_ship1dk6.png

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
To be honest I've never heard you explaining your position. It has always been "He's such a bad writer" and "Drama everywhere", but never an explanation about specifics.
I am working on it. Been rendering pictures, still too early to tell details or dates but it's not a static project.
I am also working on other things with Tlaero as you know.

Here are two non spoiler pictures that I'm sure will make people speculate.

View attachment 914271

View attachment 914273
Starts wildly speculating....

4.60 star(s) 130 Votes