VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Thanks everyone :)

It's my little fun project, my breath of fresh air after a long time working on a BM update, so the chances that I'd abandon this is as low as abandoning BM ;)
You are getting a breath of fresh air after a BM (Bowel Movement)? ... Then looking to abandon said BM? I mean to each their own .. I give mine a Navy salute each time I flush ... Sometimes I pull out the old bugle and play Taps.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: recreation

IGaming

Sep 21, 2017
This game has a very interesting plot, I really like it. But the way the story led? Not so much.
That's because the characters (especially MC) act pretty normal with all that happened. They just go on living without even trying to figure out what's going on, like it happened every day.
That makes me feel like MC isn't real (well, technically he's not real because this is a game, but you understand what I mean).

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
This game has a very interesting plot, I really like it. But the way the story led? Not so much.
That's because the characters (especially MC) act pretty normal with all that happened. They just go on living without even trying to figure out what's going on, like it happened every day.
That makes me feel like MC isn't real (well, technically he's not real because this is a game, but you understand what I mean).
I disagree but I respect your thinking. I know some people irl that could have an alien land outside there front door and they wouldn't hesitate, or even blink before the offered the aliens inside for a beer or two.

I'll give you most people would freak. But I think the mc is very much real. I also don't think this all is just in a crazy person's brain. Identity was a great movie but I don't want that happening here.

Just my thoughts anyway

IGaming

Sep 21, 2017
I disagree but I respect your thinking. I know some people irl that could have an alien land outside there front door and they wouldn't hesitate, or even blink before the offered the aliens inside for a beer or two.

I'll give you most people would freak. But I think the mc is very much real. I also don't think this all is just in a crazy person's brain. Identity was a great movie but I don't want that happening here.

Just my thoughts anyway
I wrote the previous comment before finish the game, and I want to say that I take back half of my words.
"Half" because my opinion on the first quarter of the game remains the same. But after that, the game is very great.

北方玄武

Sep 11, 2017
I have a question about the engine of the game. Is it the same as Honeyselect or a different one? Looks veeeeery neat! :)
Especially in 4k everything is so crisp and detailed.

Raistmaj

May 1, 2018
Actually and thoroughly enjoying this wild, claptrap of a ride the story takes. Some parts I would rewrite the script for a hair smoother conversation / type corrections / etc, but overall rather fun. Been waiting for inevitable " Ok reveal everyone to everyone - figure out relationships, take dominance over everyone while figuring out WTF is going on w/ amulet and hotel etc" for a while. Honestly expected it to start occuring way sooner than facets of it did, but overall fun and quite silly. The offpace, wackiness of this rather lends itself to itself in that manner of the stilted parts make sense in a disconnected / disjointed world of "WTF is going on?" Reminds me a A House in the Rift with a lot more chaos to it. Not complaining - just stating.

bip77

Apr 21, 2020
Thank you for 4K. If it's Daz I get it but I don't understand why people still make most HS/Sprite VNs in 1080P when higher res displays are so common now.
Absolutely not common. 5 most common desktop screen resolutions worldwide 2020:
  • 1366x768 (22.98%)
  • 1920x1080 (20.7%)
  • 1536x864 (7.92%)
  • 1440x900 (7.23%)
  • 1280x720 (4.46%)

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes