VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hey recreation man
You have one of the 3 BEST redheads characters ever created for an AVN in Ellie why are there no reds in the promo pics of this game?

Does this game have a redhead and if not, WHY NOT?

I will probably play it anyway but....
It has a pink haired and a blue haired xD
(thinking about it, it has basically all colors of the rainbow but red :p)

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Ugh. Wish Patreon wouldn't let them start a new one before finishing one.
Why .. in all that is holy .. would Patreon care about that? Subscription is 100% voluntary, and as long as you follow their terms of service for (in this case) content, and don't defraud anyone, they won't give two shits about that. 10 games? As long as people are willing to support the Dev - no problem.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Ugh. Wish Patreon wouldn't let them start a new one before finishing one.
Honestly, in creative endeavors like this, it's not uncommon to have multiple projects going at once, and there are benefits to it. I know it feels like it makes it take longer to get the content you want - and I appreciate that - however, people get things like "writer's block" or they start getting "burned out" on a long term project. Having something else to switch to helps with both these situations, which otherwise can lead to inferior content, or taking longer to develop it.

There's a lot of games I wish I could just instantly make completed with all the content, because I enjoy them a lot. I'd love to see more content for this game sooner than later, but, in the long run Rec having multiple projects will probably make both better.

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Honestly, in creative endeavors like this, it's not uncommon to have multiple projects going at once, and there are benefits to it. I know it feels like it makes it take longer to get the content you want - and I appreciate that - however, people get things like "writer's block" or they start getting "burned out" on a long term project. Having something else to switch to helps with both these situations, which otherwise can lead to inferior content, or taking longer to develop it.

There's a lot of games I wish I could just instantly make completed with all the content, because I enjoy them a lot. I'd love to see more content for this game sooner than later, but, in the long run Rec having multiple projects will probably make both better.

Problem is some aren't here, and it makes it take longer to finish each. Patreon not allowing would be a good fix.

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Why .. in all that is holy .. would Patreon care about that? Subscription is 100% voluntary, and as long as you follow their terms of service for (in this case) content, and don't defraud anyone, they won't give two shits about that. 10 games? As long as people are willing to support the Dev - no problem.

Because it makes each take longer? I patron $35 total/month even though I'm disabled and only get about 1K/month. I would never patron and would quickly drop any who did that.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Because it makes each take longer? I patron $35 total/month even though I'm disabled and only get about 1K/month. I would never patron and would quickly drop any who did that.
Then you do not understand the Patreon arrangement and are of course free to end support of anyone at anytime.

But facts:
This is one of 2 games by Rec
This one helps him get weird and blow off steam after the HQ one
He is working on that HQ one, this one just updated
He is ONE person doing everything for both games, only one

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Considering Rec refers to this one as his side project and BM as his main focus, this game probably wouldn't exist if Patreon did that .
Obviously right?
BM is the one going to Steam. And I love BM. But I do not gripe that he works on this to decompress.

Good thing people newer to the site (Like yourself) get it when people who should know, don't seem to....

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes