• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Damn, this has been a good week for releases. Haven't had a chance to run through it yet, just saw that it dropped, but i have no doubt that I'll enjoy it.

Thanks Rec!

Reactions: recreation

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Surprise! I played to the end of 0.5 (Eva spilling the beans) and no errors whatsoever...
I somewhat doubt that, but if so, you got lucky. You still f*d yourself though, because a lot of variables will have a wrong value and the Note system is probably fucked as well.

• Haha
Reactions: ju1zzed

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Probably not for long, it simply can't work till the end, I have changed some old variables that will throw errors sooner or later in the game and you won't be able to use the "notes" with an old save.
I somewhat doubt that, but if so, you got lucky. You still f*d yourself though, because a lot of variables will have a wrong value and the Note system is probably fucked as well.
I guess it's time to decide it I like this enough to start over :unsure::(

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
You still f*d yourself though
Yes, I went and did both, first from a old save and next from scratch ... most notable difference is in the notes, enjoyed the refresher on the whole story to date ...

Not tried with the "Blood & Gore" set to No, does that shorthen the Tentacle scene ... asking for a squimish friend ...

rspkers

Sep 20, 2017
I was about to comment on how sad I am that Tiny wasn't in the splash image with all the girls and that you should consider adding her to the harem in the future, but then figured maybe I missed her somehow and gave it a second look. Well played.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Hahaha.
I started playing this game and I have the scene in the car.
We have a question "are we there yet?" I see we can ask this question many times..
And after a couple of times when we ask this question, Eva throws us out of the car and we die.

I wasn't expecting that, hahah. :KEK:

Actually, it reminds me of a scene from Shrek here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Yes, I went and did both, first from a old save and next from scratch ... most notable difference is in the notes, enjoyed the refresher on the whole story to date ...

Not tried with the "Blood & Gore" set to No, does that shorthen the Tentacle scene ... asking for a squimish friend ...
No it doesn't :p
The biggest problem with old saves is the variables you don't see, some of the stats will have wrong values, some requirements for specific scenes might not trigger and who knows what happens in future updates when one of the variables is used.

The blod & gore option is currently only for the scene where we meet the "princess" the first time. There are some really nasty corpses and body parts.

Reactions: oaiki

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Great update. Seems like the story is solidifying. Not really surprised about Eve. That was pretty telegraphed when we couldn't go see grandma the second day we were at the hotel. And that leaves Noire as the last mysterious person. Eve initially said she managed to snag a room before the managed to close booking. But then the database showed they aren't really oprating like a hotel. And then there was the dream in the train. The dreams with Bethany are probably Eves doing but she shouldn't have been involved in the train one. My guess is that Noire unconsciously triggered that one and she part of our fucked up little family as well.

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
So i play it to end of 0.5 Love it. Thx you. And next is bad Mem when? But now Chrismas shows up new year so when you are off all good for the FREE DAYS and come good int the NEW Years. Stay well.

Reactions: recreation

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
It's basically a hint for in which direction you steer the character, in very simple terms: left means they will be more subby, right means they will be more open minded and make their own decisions.
That you can slide it is a bug that I noticed too late, but since it doesn't change any value and resets after you close the screen, I decided to not bother with it for now.
Rec, can you explain it like I'm 5? When you say left, do you mean the green bar or the purple moving more to the left?

Chucke1992

Jun 11, 2017
yes after some trys and errors i make it so all like me. So try out. Some i dont know before i try whem. and in last i had all in green.
Damn, I did not even realize that there were character notes

It's basically a hint for in which direction you steer the character, in very simple terms: left means they will be more subby, right means they will be more open minded and make their own decisions.
So if it is purple then it means more submissive or if its green it means more submissive?

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
Damn, I did not even realize that there were character notes

So if it is purple then it means more submissive or if its green it means more submissive?
when i understand it right red is sub and green is Self choose.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
but it's in the tags of the game.
Until tuesday (little before 0.5) was not there the tag, so all those that played before don't know that the game have rape, after playing i reported the rape and was added.

Damn.. this game is.. weird and also interesting. I don't know what's going on here, haha.:ROFLMAO: But I like it.
Is really good, have some great humor, but there is some stuff that the mc do that i don't understand, for example if i have seen some of that shit, i was going to break the grandma door and ask "wtf was that". But other than that, is really a good game, have a really good mc, and a really fucking crazy story.

Lol, that as well xD
Sorry to keep beating a dead horse , but why that is necessary? I get that she was needed to go there to begin to believe on the mc, and i get that maybe that be the opening to her see mc more than a son, (he saved her, and is the white knight) but the stuff have some kinda of "mind changing effect" on her? Or a way that the grandma have some revenge on her for stealing the amulet? I get that there is a lot of people that fap really hard for that stuff, and i respect that, but i have never seen any this is complete necessary for the story.

Last edited:

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Until tuesday (little before 0.5) was not there the tag, so all those that played before don't know that the game have rape, after playing i reported the rape and was added.
Pretty sure it's always been there. That scene has been in the game since the start or at least the update it was part of. It wasn't something added later.

Reactions: User1230
4.40 star(s) 40 Votes