VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
"How did we get here? Is no one even remotely concerned about the absurdity of the past few days?!? Is no one gonna acknowledge this!!!"
Well, that put everything in perspective. ;)

Reactions: HSHS1111

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
I never even watched the original series but that video is a fucking gold mine. Nearly pissed myself laughing when I first watched it.

Reactions: blastwave2k

packor

Oct 11, 2021
so, about the tentacle scene. I really don't like watching tentacles. I got to that scene, I didn't really care, I hacked the plant and moved on. It really wasn't anything. Well... I also stuck around to see what would happen after that, because curiosity, lol.

I don't mind replaying the game for new version, since I do enjoy it so much, but I've been away, so I haven't tried it yet.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Pretty sure it's always been there. That scene has been in the game since the start or at least the update it was part of. It wasn't something added later.
The tag was not until the end of 0.4 (one day before 0.5)
nope.png
But like i said, i really like the game, is really crazy/good, have a great mc (a little stupid in some points), but i personally don't don't like that part, like there is some people that see some fetishes and don't like them (necrophilia, zoo stuff, etc), for me that part is not necessary, but before some retard people said something (we have a lot of dev deepthroaters that don't understand criticism), i believe that the dev must keep what he believe is right, if in the end he put something for example the gore censor, great, if not, i'm complete ok playing the game as is.

Reactions: verzauberung

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
I haven't played the update yet but I am seeing a lot of new people complaining about the rape scene. Personally I am not a fan of it either and I hope we don't really see more scenes like that in the future, but it's in the tags of the game. If you see that tag and you're not sure if it's avoidable or not, you can always ask in the thread before downloading the game. At least that is what I always do for games that have tags I am not a fan of.
It's a bit sad that even if MC attack the "plant" immediately, a tentacle seems to be... misplaced. It would have been easy to delay this picture a little bit to "avoid" the rape scene (don't you hear the "Kill NTR!!!" screaming crowd coming? ;)), so people who are into it can wait a little to see what happens, and people who don't like it can kill the plant while it didn't do anything worst than hanging the mother mid-air.

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
More purple means the bar goes to the left > left = more subby, but as I said, it's no love-o-meter, so the bar going left or right doesn't mean they love you more or less.
This worth a little explanation ingame, I think... I thought that "green=love / purple=hate", initially. Maybe add a little text "Submissive / Free will" or something like this on the green/purple parts of the bar?

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
It's a bit sad that even if MC attack the "plant" immediately, a tentacle seems to be... misplaced. It would have been easy to delay this picture a little bit to "avoid" the rape scene (don't you hear the "Kill NTR!!!" screaming crowd coming? ;)), so people who are into it can wait a little to see what happens, and people who don't like it can kill the plant while it didn't do anything worst than hanging the mother mid-air.
It isn't about being easier or hard, in this case it's about it being a part of the story the dev wants to tell. This is a personal piece not a vn curtailed to sell to the masses. When it comes to passion products it's only about what the dev wants to make, not what anyone else wants...

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
but before some retard people said something
Hmm, I wonder why that happened shortly after someone added a new tag, but never before :unsure:

(don't you hear the "Kill NTR!!!" screaming crowd coming? ;))
Yes, and just for those folks I'd add even more, so they go cry somewhere else.
not really, but you get the point.

This worth a little explanation ingame, I think... I thought that "green=love / purple=hate", initially. Maybe add a little text "Submissive / Free will" or something like this on the green/purple parts of the bar?
It's just a simple indicator, a hint, nothing more, that's how I intended it, it's not meant to tell you're on a good or bad path or how much they love you.
There's a reason why it doesn't look like a "Love-O-Meter", the same reason why it's horizontal and not vertical and why I didn't use symbols like hearts something, same for the usual good/bad colors I tried to avoid. I avoided every standard "trope" I know to show the bar is not a love-meter and to make it look somewhat like a style element. If I'd add an explanation, it would totally destroy it's purpose.

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
Yes, and just for those folks I'd add even more, so they go cry somewhere else.
not really, but you get the point.
I too think that it's sometimes... a bit too much, to say the least? I'm not a fan AT ALL of NTR, just to be clear. Really, I don't like it at all. I however understand that some people may like. What I think, for this particular scene, is that attacking the plant immediately could lead to a full non-NTR scene (just the threat, nothing more), and wait even only ONCE before attacking leads to a NTR/rape scene - and you know better than anyone what leads when you wait too much... This could satisfy everyone with very, very few modifications. My two cents.
Unlike some people, I don't mind that the girls within the harem play together without the MC, I don't think that it's NTR. I may not be in the majority, but for me, NTR implies another male or "male-like" thing (and not toys obviously). If it's with a woman... Then my reaction will be more "Can I have pictures after, please?" and "I have a proposition for you, girl...".

It's just a simple indicator, a hint, nothing more, that's how I intended it, it's not meant to tell you're on a good or bad path or how much they love you.
There's a reason why it doesn't look like a "Love-O-Meter", the same reason why it's horizontal and not vertical and why I didn't use symbols like hearts something, same for the usual good/bad colors I tried to avoid. I avoided every standard "trope" I know to show the bar is not a love-meter and to make it look somewhat like a style element. If I'd add an explanation, it would totally destroy it's purpose.
OK, but it's a bit confusing anyway... It's there, but if we don't really know what it means, and which effects it COULD produce later, then it's confusing. I however perfectly understand that you don't mean to make it a "love-o-meter", that's OK.
Usually, in a graphical interface, you don't show unneeded things, and everything shown should have a label/tip/hover to explain what it does. Mostly, it's this that confuses me - it's there, it's obviously something that evolves, and we don't know why/how.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Doesn't matter if you like it or not. This their story & their effort. You have the choice to read/play it or not. Everyone on here bitching non stop(Seems like this on every post I've come across here, I'm very new to place, so far all I see if large amounts of entitlement over other peoples work and not just on this game).

This doesn't cost you anything, your getting FREE content. Yet folks seem to bitch about it, like they have nothing better to do with their time.

If you don't like something, don't bother with it or take time/effort to create your own.

Last edited:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Doesn't matter if you like it or not. This their story & their effort. You have the choice to read/play it or not. Everyone on here bitching non stop(Seems like this on every post I've come across here, I'm very new to place, so far all I see if large amounts of entitlement over other peoples work and not just on this game).

This doesn't cost you anything, your getting FREE content. Yet folks seem to bitch about it, like they have nothing better to do with their time.

If you don't like something, do bother with it or take time/effort to create your own.
Voicing an opinion is absolutely fine, I don't mind that at all, and even if I don't always answer or do what they like, I actually listen to peoples opinions.
The problem are those few people who act like spoiled teens, thinking that only their opinion is the right one, that only their kinks are valid. Those idiots you see crying in every single game thread as soon as there's something they don't like, get angry when somebody is not their opinion, throwing facepalms like offended kids, etc.

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019

If you don't like something, don't bother with it or take time/effort to create your own.
I feel targeted, here, since my message is just above, despite the lack of proper tagging or quote...

1) I give an opinion, that's all. "You have the choice to read it or not", to quote your own sentence... :devilish:
And no, it's not only the dev him/herself: a game is intended to be PLAYED, by players who share the same interests / mindset / kinks. If it's for you alone, no need to put it on Internet...

2) Unless the dev reply, you can never know if something bothering/annoying/perturbing/etc. is done on purpose or is a mistake/bug/misjudgment/flaw. However, communication problems may occurs: native language isn't always english for everyone.
Scenario glitches happens, like coding errors, you can also find typos/spelling errors, or sometimes elements can be missing - or not enough detailled. You can see that as proofreading, and absolutely nobody is so perfect that proofreads aren't a nice thing to get - in particular for free.
Anyway, most people think that it's a good thing to warn devs about this kind of problems. And devs rarely complain about being warned - they may complain for other reasons, like "Thanks, that's the 57th time I'm warned about this today...", or because someone want to transform a harem game to a full "one only girl romance" game - or the opposite.
On the particular subject I spoke about before, I made an observation, period. I dare you to find any "threat" to Rec, or any bitching: I explain MY point, and that's all. NTR is a quite polarized subject here, and most devs say explicitely if it can be avoided - or not. It's currently the ONLY NTR scene, and it's only NTR because of a little detail. So, if it's planned to allow avoidance of NTR scenes, then it could be important to say it before they become numerous.

3) I'm never complain about free stuff - quite the opposite, I got enough messages deleted because I was roasting beggers to ensure you of that. I never ask for the next update, I never feel entitled to get "my" stuff added, etc. I'm a GenX, neither a millenial nor a boomer, thanks. Proposing is not bitching, learn the difference.

4) I however feel a right to express opinions, constructive criticism, propose improvements, etc. - otherwise, there is absolutely NO NEED for a forum where you can add message, better replace it with a Jira for submitting bug reports and close discussion.
What I proposed is accepted? Nice.
What I proposed is rejected? I won't be mad, even if I sometimes think that it's a bad decision.
What I proposed is rejected AND it annoys me a lot? I stop following the game.

If it was only a general observation and not a direct comment towards me, feel free to ignore.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Voicing an opinion is absolutely fine, I don't mind that at all, and even if I don't always answer or do what they like, I actually listen to peoples opinions.
The problem are those few people who act like spoiled teens, thinking that only their opinion is the right one, that only their kinks are valid. Those idiots you see crying in every single game thread as soon as there's something they don't like, get angry when somebody is not their opinion, throwing facepalms like offended kids, etc.
The thing is that a lot of them aren't acting like teens, they ARE teens :LUL:. I was playing japanese eroges when I was like 14. I am sure there quite a few of them in this forum as well.

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes