VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

PapaChulo

Jul 12, 2020
Thanks people, I learned some interesting things today. So HS is more of a cookie cutter artstyle while Daz 3D allows more in it's artwork.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Thanks people, I learned some interesting things today. So HS is more of a cookie cutter artstyle while Daz 3D allows more in it's artwork.
From what I understand, both have the "cookie cutter" aspect, but people tend to spend more time modifying the DAZ stuff, because it's more of a "realistic" art style, and so it's less forgiving with the details. There are definitely devs who spend a lot of time getting HS models "just right" and I'm sure there's a lot of range for customization with them as well. However, in practice, the effort doesn't go as well noticed or appreciated because of the more "anime" look, so many won't put as much effort in.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
HS is basically a game you can modify to your liking to create your own scenes, all the images are captured in realtime (they're basically screenshots).
Daz3D is a 3D scene creation "suite" that allows for a lot more customiziation and realistic (even photorealistic) renders, but it's not realtime and needs good hardware, so it takes a lot more time to create images.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
HS is basically a game you can modify to your liking to create your own scenes, all the images are captured in realtime (they're basically screenshots).
Daz3D is a 3D scene creation "suite" that allows for a lot more customiziation and realistic (even photorealistic) renders, but it's not realtime and needs good hardware, so it takes a lot more time to create images.
Yeah maybe if people used massively modded Skyrim to create characters and locations and then take screenshots of them to make stills for a VN people would get it. A game used for creating a scene and taking screenies. But for some reason because it is Honey Select and Japanese it seems to confuse them.

Honestly there are so many Skyrim mods I would bet you could do that. But also I bet they would aggressively enforce their copyright protections in a way Illusion does not seem to do.

Reactions: linus.quotes

buff

May 29, 2017
Yeah maybe if people used massively modded Skyrim to create characters and locations and then take screenshots of them to make stills for a VN people would get it. A game used for creating a scene and taking screenies. But for some reason because it is Honey Select and Japanese it seems to confuse them.
It's definitely been done, just search around F95.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Was about to say it's been done before, Skyrim has been used for all sorts of media, including comics, montages, and short movies :LOL:

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Was about to say it's been done before, Skyrim has been used for all sorts of media, including comics, montages, and short movies :LOL:
Well I was not aware of those because I am not a Skyrim enthusiast and for VNs I stick to DAZ/Blender/and a small number of HS (really only Rec and Killer7)

KATOLINE

Sep 30, 2020
Is there a walkthrough for this game anywhere? or do the different choices not have a significant impact on the game?

Reactions: Punto

Comaco

Aug 10, 2017
The choices are more for personal preference, they "shape" the characters, how they react towards you. Some change some scenes, but so far nothing major.
It does seem possible to skip some interactions and therefore scenes during free roam, and in that case, a guide would be helpful.

Can you maybe add a prompt to free roam, warning when going into a room would advance the plot, so you know to do that last?

Say, if the plot asks you to look for a character, and you can run into other characters before finding them, it would be nice to have a warning if finding that character without talking to someone first locks you out of content. E.g. bring someone with you to allow a voyeur option in a scene. (loose example. I don't remember if that is specifically something that can happen)

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
We're about a decent BJ + a short lezcest muffdive far in.
Also:

While the MC may not know, the dreams he has fucking Mommy are real, somehow. At the very least, they are a shared dream among all involved. And better still sweet, sweet sister time seems to be on the dream table soon.

Now if only we can find out that we are secretly the sister's father and maybe even a few of the other harem girls then shit would be weird as well as hot as fukkkkkkk!!

Reactions: Phantom of Nerima

Powerack

Jul 13, 2020
recreation I like your games very much. You are doing awesome job. I liked "Nya!", but it's too short. And Bad Memories have just too long time between updates. I wish that there were actually teams working together on these games... Working alone on projects like this must suck...

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Is there already something on going about next update? :p
Nope, I'm working on BM rn.

recreation I like your games very much. You are doing awesome job. I liked "Nya!", but it's too short. And Bad Memories have just too long time between updates. I wish that there were actually teams working together on these games... Working alone on projects like this must suck...
It does, and it doesn't. It sucks because it takes more time, and it doesn't, because it's a nice change of pace from one project to the other ;)

fishboy11

Mar 6, 2020
It's not (as you say) "fake" incest. It's incest. They share DNA. You can argue that it's more like sex with an aunt (where mom and aunt were twins) if you want... but that's still incest. It's kinda creepy when you start insisting that the MC be from the womb of the woman he's fucking. Just enjoy the game and stop with the multi-dimensional semantics.
I think maybe you meant genes, we all share the same DNA, every human has the exact same DNA its just some genes are turned on and some are turned off, its the DNA sequences that vary between people and not the actual DNA itself, its the fact that people that are related tend to have the same genes and when those are recessive genes that are responsible for diseases and birth defects etc... if you breed with a member of your family with the same recessive gene then that doubles the likelyhood of that gene being active in your offspring, it can also double the chances of a beneficial gene being active, which is how selective breeding in animals and plants works to bring out desired traits, we share DNA we everyother living thing on the planet, we have roughly 50% of the same DNA as a banana.

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes