VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I really liked this game. I'll keep an eye on it. And by the way, I liked this game more than BM.
The are both great in their own way, and completely different. WSIGH is kind of a crazy, you don't know what will happen next situation, with alternate worlds you don't really fully understand as a player, and more and more sexy characters showing up one after another. Pretty soon they won't all fit in the hotel, haha. The title is very apt.

BM, is more a character study on a handful of damaged individuals, including the MC, and for the player to understand the slowly developing mystery of why each character acts the way they do, and through the story, for the characters to slowly start to heal, by their interactions with each other. At least that is how I read it. Much more deep and individual character development in BM, so that I almost feel like I actually know some of these characters.

But with both games, they are a lot of fun to play each update, so I look forward to seeing each of them.

Fatalfury10

Dec 15, 2020
i would also like to know
So far, an insane amount of weird shit. Just like Jordi (MC) from Pact With a Witch, the MC of this game has a bizarre bloodline. Like the Joestars (from JJBA) and the Howletts (Wolverine's bloodline from Marvel). There's another bizarre bloodline but for the life of me, I can't remember which one it was.

Fatalfury10

Dec 15, 2020
Maybe not what you were thinking of, but Philip J Fry, from Futurama, has another "bizarre bloodline", that's potentially very similar.
Phillip J Fry is his own grandfather. Its not quite as bizarre as the MC's, Jordi's, Wolverine's, and Jonathan Joestar's bloodlines though. The MC looks like Peter but I doubt that he's him though. I have a bit of a game theory regarding MC, Peter, and Eva though.

Reactions: jdw6

Soundblast0

Mar 7, 2020
what does the bar in notes is? I kind of have idea of what it is and just want to make sure i was right. Does the green represent love and the purple like corruption or submissive?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
what does the bar in notes is? I kind of have idea of what it is and just want to make sure i was right. Does the green represent love and the purple like corruption or submissive?
Kind of, but not really, it's more like how they behave: more freely, or more dependant.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Hi!
I wonder if this is the MC - so impolite, came by invitation, but did not bother to visit the one who actually invited him, or I simply do not know something about other cultural customs, and trying to judge the MC "from my own bell tower" - in fact "I'm climbing into someone else's monastery with my charter"?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: recreation

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
the idea of a situation in which a mother and son, who apparently buried each other in different parallel realities, met in a hotel, as if taken from one fantastic story (I don’t remember the name because my memory is bad). the plot of the story - on the same notebook lying on the dining table, a husband and wife met with their notes, who buried each other in different parallel universes. they began to correspond with each other on the pages of a notebook that lay in the same place in both realities. it ended with the fact that, apparently, both of them managed to somehow break through the wall between parallel worlds and reunite.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
the idea of a situation in which a mother and son, who apparently buried each other in different parallel realities, met in a hotel, as if taken from one fantastic story (I don’t remember the name because my memory is bad). the plot of the story - on the same notebook lying on the dining table, a husband and wife met with their notes, who buried each other in different parallel universes. they began to correspond with each other on the pages of a notebook that lay in the same place in both realities. it ended with the fact that, apparently, both of them managed to somehow break through the wall between parallel worlds and reunite.
I've never heard that story, and no, it's not like that ;)

Reactions: ramvivat

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
one more moment that hurts the eyes:
- not to give the involuntary guest, who found herself in the hotel against her will, food and drink, without inviting her to go out to eat, motivating only by the fact that she looks strange - to put it mildly, very mildly - very strange.
although Mia seems to have spare clothes, and MC may ask Mia to share clothes with Nara, or go to a clothing store.
Mia, on the contrary, is a hospitable hostess - at least she promised to bring something to eat for Nara.
one gets the impression that MC is a natural inhospitable moron, which is generally speaking strange, because he is 32 years old, he should already begin to guess something like that, that people need to eat something sometimes so that they do not suddenly die of hunger.

a couple more absurdities that cannot but cause a smile, however, many creators of VN do not bother about this
- MC sleeps in dirty street shoes and clothes on a clean bed
- MC has sex without removing his pants.

Reactions: Phantom of Nerima

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
- not to give the involuntary guest, who found herself in the hotel against her will, food and drink, without inviting her to go out to eat, motivating only by the fact that she looks strange - to put it mildly, very mildly - very strange.
although Mia seems to have spare clothes, and MC may ask Mia to share clothes with Nara, or go to a clothing store.
Mia, on the contrary, is a hospitable hostess - at least she promised to bring something to eat for Nara.
one gets the impression that MC is a natural inhospitable moron, which is generally speaking strange, because he is 32 years old, he should already begin to guess something like that, that people need to eat something sometimes so that they do not suddenly die of hunger.

a couple more absurdities that cannot but cause a smile, however, many creators of VN do not bother about this
It's a side project, minor details are ignored on purpose here and there ;)

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Hi!
I wonder if this is the MC - so impolite, came by invitation, but did not bother to visit the one who actually invited him, or I simply do not know something about other cultural customs, and trying to judge the MC "from my own bell tower" - in fact "I'm climbing into someone else's monastery with my charter"?
It's not true.
I was invited by his grand-mother, and try many times to see her in her room, because she sick and don't leave it.
But each time, Eva, the manager, prevents him from seeing her...

Reactions: ramvivat and jdw6

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020

You are over-thinking this game.
I don't think you should take the story or how the different characters (and the MC) behave seriously.
As I see it, it's a silly adventure, with absurd situations, lot of girls... and sex :)
If you want a serious game, with a story and characters behavior that make sens, I think you are not at the right place.

You may try the main game of recreation, Bad Memories, which has a serious (and even dark) story.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
It's not true.
I was invited by his grand-mother, and try many times to see her in her room, because she sick and don't leave it.
But each time, Eva, the manager, prevents him from seeing her...
the door to grandma's room is locked. Grandma doesn't get out of bed. so what? right, the door is closed and the key to the lock is with Eve, who decided not to let her grandson see her grandmother (for some reason). maybe the grandmother is mentally ill and is tied to the bed, that is, the grandmother is potentially dangerous for visitors? otherwise - what could be wrong with grandma that you can't visit her when she's in bed? in the hospital, visitors also come to bedridden patients who do not get out of bed. the situation with the grandmother is at least strange for illogical.

is grandma even alive? maybe that room has been empty for a long time, and the grandmother is just a kind of myth, an entity necessary for some purpose for someone. how in one novel by Maxim Gorky "The Life of Klim Samgin" a certain character, namely a policeman, after rummaging through the hole with a hook in an attempt to catch a drowned boy, exclaimed "was there a boy? maybe there was no boy?"

who is Eva? why does she appear in the dreams of both mother and son? I think she is an unusual character. and why does the MC so submissively, like a puppy, allow himself to be manipulated when Eva tells him that he shouldn't go to his grandmother? you say sex novel? but besides sex there is something to think about. "there's always time for the %advertised item%!"(c)advertising

Last edited:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
the door to grandma's room is locked. Grandma doesn't get out of bed. so what? right, the door is closed and the key to the lock is with Eve, who decided not to let her grandson see her grandmother (for some reason). maybe the grandmother is mentally ill and is tied to the bed, that is, the grandmother is potentially dangerous for visitors? otherwise - what could be wrong with grandma that you can't visit her when she's in bed? in the hospital, visitors also come to bedridden patients who do not get out of bed. the situation with the grandmother is at least strange for illogical.

is grandma even alive? maybe that room has been empty for a long time, and the grandmother is just a kind of myth, an entity necessary for some purpose for someone. how in one novel by Maxim Gorky "The Life of Klim Samgin" a certain character, namely a policeman, after rummaging through the hole with a hook in an attempt to catch a drowned boy, exclaimed "was there a boy? maybe there was no boy?"

who is Eva? why does she appear in the dreams of both mother and son? I think she is an unusual character. and why does the MC so submissively, like a puppy, allow himself to be manipulated when Eva tells him that he shouldn't go to his grandmother? you say sex novel? but besides sex there is something to think about. "there's always time for the %advertised item%!"(c)advertising
Maybe you should just keep playing and see what happens ;)

SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
recreation Hey, don't know if it's been reported yet, but it looks like there's an unreachable path on day 7.

If you allow the princess to join you for dinner, as far as I can tell, there is no way to have her stat below -4, so the "p_sl <= -5" can't happen.

(Also, during the other path, if you tell her she can't sit on your lap, it doesn't skip the event, it's probably meant to.)

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes