VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
dev forgot of this game, at least, abandon this game and focus on Bad Memories
Do you have any first-hand information from recreation to back up your claims?
If not, stop spreading bullshit!

I follow him for a couple of years now, and he's always alternating between Bad Memories and WSIGTH.
He has just finished an update for BM and has to release a fix for it.
So there is a little delay, until things settle down, but he should work on WSIGTH again soon.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
A little heads-up, next version/update will be using renpy 8, and I'll also redo some essential code.
This means old saves will most likely (definitely) not work anymore.

As for the reason: Well especially early in developement, I ended up kitbashing different code snippets from different sources together to get stuff working the way I want. This obviously causes some really messy code here and there and as things progress (e.g. my skills get better), I realize what I could've done better.
I'm not a coder, and especially in this game I like/d to experiment a lot, so some of the early stuff is really awful and in dire need of fixes/optimization.

As for renpy 8, I've had some trouble with my installation after swapping ssd's and had to re-install the "engine". That's when I got curious and tried what happens when I use the game with renpy 8, and it works out of the box. Since saves won't work anyway, I decided to stay with it.
It's using a newer python version, has several features that don't exist renpy 7, and overall it's the future (renpy 7 will be discontinued some time this year, and I don't want to be stuck on a old version when the game isn't even finished yet).

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
A little heads-up, next version/update will be using renpy 8, and I'll also redo some essential code.
This means old saves will most likely (definitely) not work anymore.

As for the reason: Well especially early in developement, I ended up kitbashing different code snippets from different sources together to get stuff working the way I want. This obviously causes some really messy code here and there and as things progress (e.g. my skills get better), I realize what I could've done better.
I'm not a coder, and especially in this game I like/d to experiment a lot, so some of the early stuff is really awful and in dire need of fixes/optimization.

As for renpy 8, I've had some trouble with my installation after swapping ssd's and had to re-install the "engine". That's when I got curious and tried what happens when I use the game with renpy 8, and it works out of the box. Since saves won't work anyway, I decided to stay with it.
It's using a newer python version, has several features that don't exist renpy 7, and overall it's the future (renpy 7 will be discontinued some time this year, and I don't want to be stuck on a old version when the game isn't even finished yet).
Good choice. It's not easy, but it has to be done. But a better python which has improvements and bug fixes itself over the previous version. Same deal with Renpy... may as well bite the bullet and get er done. I would if you could simply do what others have and do a save game conversion? Not sure how viable that is or even how one does that. I personally would be happy to replay the game again in a new version for shits and giggles.

Oh I know, you could remake the game for that!!! :LOL: (runs for cover)

Reactions: tyrannicpuppy
4.40 star(s) 40 Votes