Ok-Dick

May 29, 2020
Yell at her/Remain Silent ----> Visit Kit----> (Either accept or decline the commander) ---->Visit Raene ---->Invite her to the baths
There isn't a "Visit Raene" option, or at least I didn't get one. Could it be a consequence of previous choices?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Finally getting into the game after months of intention. I think this one will definitely be added to my many subscriptions.

I guess this lost in space "family' having their own Dr. Smith makes sense... ;-) I hope things improve, one way or another. My ex used to watch Lost in Space as a kid and frequently wondered why the Robinson's didn't just space Dr. Smith early on.

Reactions: Perverteer

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Finally getting into the game after months of intention. I think this one will definitely be added to my many subscriptions.

I guess this lost in space "family' having their own Dr. Smith makes sense... ;-) I hope things improve, one way or another. My ex used to watch Lost in Space as a kid and frequently wondered why the Robinson's didn't just space Dr. Smith early on.
LOL but their "family values" man. That daughter was dating the guy and that was a slower burn than ANYTHING on here, he got NO play.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Jade new look

The Dev changed her design to avoid any possible copyright suite because she looked similar to a race in Star Wars and Disney has no problems slapping people with copyright lawsuits if they have anything mildly resembling something possibly maybe Disney.

I don't prefer the new look over the old one either and would've liked maybe another fleshy something instead of hair but the newer design is by no means bad and I respect Perverteer for going back and changing a whole character in mid development nonetheless.

Edit: I wrote Jade's new look at the top to make it easier to search for, for those who wonder in future.
It worked! I found this post by searching when I realized that she'd changed from my earlier .04 copy. It also explains why they are now Twi'll not Twi'lek. Of course, the reference quote saying they were named after Lucas' creation was no longer necessary. I have to admit, when I first saw the old Jade, I was confused. There are a number of games on here set in a Star Wars universe, but was sure this wasn't one of them. ;)

LOL but their "family values" man. That daughter was dating the guy and that was a slower burn than ANYTHING on here, he got NO play.
So true. Did they even share a kiss under alien skies in all those years? Of course, if it were on here, Will would start lusting over Penny (and the rest) . Actually, if it were on here, everyone but Will would probably be female...

Reactions: jaw1986baby

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Hmm... I have an error during the contvitae simulation on Verdant.
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/episode002.rpy", line 815, in script call
call ep002_university from _call_ep002_university_1
File "game/episode003.rpy", line 390, in script call
call ep003_verdant from _call_ep003_verdant_1
File "game/episode003.rpy", line 491, in script call
call ep003_verdant_con_vitae from _call_ep003_verdant_con_vitae
File "game/episode003.rpy", line 1386, in script call
call ep003_verdant_convitae_sim from _call_ep003_verdant_convitae_sim
File "game/episode003.rpy", line 1462, in script
menu:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 230, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 233, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 240, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 241, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 242, in execute
NameError: Name 'ThreesomeSoft' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/episode002.rpy", line 815, in script call
call ep002_university from _call_ep002_university_1
File "game/episode003.rpy", line 390, in script call
call ep003_verdant from _call_ep003_verdant_1
File "game/episode003.rpy", line 491, in script call
call ep003_verdant_con_vitae from _call_ep003_verdant_con_vitae
File "game/episode003.rpy", line 1386, in script call
call ep003_verdant_convitae_sim from _call_ep003_verdant_convitae_sim
File "game/episode003.rpy", line 1462, in script
menu:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1642, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1038, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1274, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 233, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 240, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 241, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 242, in execute
File "renpy/ui.py", line 992, in _textbutton
text = renpy.text.text.Text(label, style=text_style, substitute=substitute, scope=scope, **text_kwargs)
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1525, in __init__
self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1644, in set_text
i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 228, in __getitem__
raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))
NameError: Name 'ThreesomeSoft' is not defined.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Tales From The Unending Void 0.8
Tue May 11 21:15:02 2021
```
Is it possible to tell if this is an error of the mod?

I did fire up my old 0.4 version (unmodded) and the scene plays without an error.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
If it worked without the mod then that is likely the answer but just to be sure try a new save using the mod just to be sure.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
If it worked without the mod then that is likely the answer but just to be sure try a new save using the mod just to be sure.
I saved after I finished the scene then brought it up in the new game. I backed up nearly to the error point and it was working just fine. I'm happy I hadn't yet deleted the old version (and that I was only up to chapter 3, early enough for 0.4 to be useful).

A final test would be to remove the mod and try once again with 0.80. Perhaps I'll do that at some point for diagnostics.

Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
Hmm... I have an error during the contvitae simulation on Verdant.

Is it possible to tell if this is an error of the mod?

I did fire up my old 0.4 version (unmodded) and the scene plays without an error.
I've seen that error message before and it refers to an undefined variable. However, I never CamelCase my variables in Ren'Py (so ThreesomeSoft would rather be threesome_soft). I think this has to be some remnant of a mod.

Reactions: Dragon59

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Thanks!
I've seen that error message before and it refers to an undefined variable. However, I never CamelCase my variables in Ren'Py (so ThreesomeSoft would rather be threesome_soft). I think this has to be some remnant of a mod.
Thanks!

Right now, the modder is recovering from illness and hasn't gotten to updating this one (to the lamentations of many). I'll try to mention this to him.
============
Wow.
I've just made some progress in Raene's story. I may have to up my subscription tier. (y)

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
There are a number of games on here set in a Star Wars universe, but was sure this wasn't one of them. ;)
this isn't set in sw-verse. dev used twi'lek cause it looked cool but to avoid possible legal hassle on fair use (that can end up 1 way or other in court) he changed model.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
this isn't set in sw-verse. dev used twi'lek cause it looked cool but to avoid possible legal hassle on fair use (that can end up 1 way or other in court) he changed model.
Because let's face it, those other games are not likely going to get anywhere, whereas Perv already has a track record of completing games people really like and this one is better (IMO) so more likely to attract notice.

I mean he got a mention in an Apple court case for Christ's sake, so he needs to be careful right?

Reactions: Dragon59

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019
So I found this game recently and to say that I enjoyed it is an understatement. This game deserves to get more recognition. Very rarely can a game make me feel genuinely bad about sleeping with other LIs, Celine's relationship is just perfect. Definitely gonna be supporting over on Patreon. Keep up the great work!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Because let's face it, those other games are not likely going to get anywhere, whereas Perv already has a track record of completing games people really like and this one is better (IMO) so more likely to attract notice.

I mean he got a mention in an Apple court case for Christ's sake, so he needs to be careful right?
well there's 2 sw-games, other has same graphics quality as cobd (but atm not much to play) and other has "standard" daz graphics and ep 2 is promised and quite a much to play. 1 sw-game got abandoned (won't be missed since it was pos) and 1 has been finished (had twi'lek (ahsooka), jedis etc).

yea he does.

4.40 star(s) 134 Votes