Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
And the scenes in the prison, with the simulation were fantastic. It took the player completely out of his comfort zone, but to discover each character in a new way, due to their chemically induced memory loss, was quite exciting.
Going back to Star Trek references, your description reminds me of the purpose of the "The Naked Time" (TOS) and "The Naked Now" (TNG) episodes. Both were to expose some of the characters' inner secrets, motivations, and secrets in an accelerated manner. In this case, it definitely move the character relationships forward in a more believable fashion than most Adult VNs. One of the beauties of fantasy / science fiction. Also reminded of the Buffy episode, "Once More, With Feeling."
=========
Finally finished Chapter 8. I have to admit, I was afraid the cliffhanger was going to be more classic (heroes in imminent danger, a deadly predicament). Under spoiler because saying what it is not gives away what it probably is.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Thanks! Switching to a different settings was a risk, but one I was willing to take. I'm sure it has alienated some players, but so far it's been a liberating experience from a creative standpoint. Science Fiction and Fantasy are two of my favorite genres as a reader (and writer), so I struggled with the slice-of-life theme of Sisterly Lust at times. The rigid day structure also became a bit of a straightjacket after a while. That said, I'm of course quite proud of SL and the fact that I actually brought the whole damn thing to completion. :D

The backstories of the characters are fun to delve into at some point as well. Plenty of potential plot hooks for episodes to come.
I love both your visual novels (as you already know :)), interesting lovable characters in both stories. I like Fantasy and Sci-Fi genres also, high fantasy, space opera/space fantasy, mechs, etc., and Tales From The Unending Void is a great refresher and change of pace from all the slice-of-life themed, household themed and school-setting visual novel games. It reminding me of video games like Mass Effect and Star Wars: The Old Republic, feeling that void of what i wanted to see if they were adult-only erotic games with more sexy-time, MC with an actual harem romance with all the ladies along (not forced to choose) with the fantastic adventure. Not being restricted by reality and other daily life themes.

Reactions: Perverteer

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Thanks! Switching to a different settings was a risk, but one I was willing to take. I'm sure it has alienated some players, but so far it's been a liberating experience from a creative standpoint. Science Fiction and Fantasy are two of my favorite genres as a reader (and writer), so I struggled with the slice-of-life theme of Sisterly Lust at times.
Same here. I am an avid reader, mostly of Science Fiction, though I read Fantasy occasionally just for something different. Name of the Wind was quite good, for example. But, mainly I am a sucker for anything sci-fi, so your VNs has been great fun to play, and it really has hit it's stride in the last few updates. Plus, there are millions of slice-of-life family stories here, so your latest VN really stands out as something unique and special.

Going back to Star Trek references, your description reminds me of the purpose of the "The Naked Time" (TOS) and "The Naked Now" (TNG) episodes.
Yes, I see your point. I was thinking how the that whole scene in TFTUV was quite reminiscent of "The Cage", the Original Star Trek pilot episode, or the later episode flashing back to the pilot, "The Menagerie". In both Star Trek and TFTUV, the aliens expose the prisoners to emotional videos to induce the characters to have a romantic attachment to each other, and then place them confined together to see what happens. The method of eventual escape is similar also. But of course, in Star Trek you don't get to see the MC have sex with a pretty human doctor controlling everything, which is a major bonus :).

Last edited:

narcizze

May 6, 2017
No body else thinks the ending of 0.8 was a bit forced?

the part where you really don´t have a choice more than accept that these (enter race name) kidnapped your sister and almost killed your best friend? The MC have multiple times made it clear he isn´t afraid of going against overwhelming odds but now he´s just spineless? The choice you have is being rude or polite or just make the commander real pissed off? Why can´t the MC just explain that before his sister is free and they are allowed to leave he will never trust them?
That would be something he would have said if there would be any choice, this just seems forced and only shows that the (enter racename) will be large part of the story going forward.
Weird because all other writing was really good up to the ending of 0.8.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017

the part where you really don´t have a choice more than accept that these (enter race name) kidnapped your sister and almost killed your best friend? The MC have multiple times made it clear he isn´t afraid of going against overwhelming odds but now he´s just spineless? The choice you have is being rude or polite or just make the commander real pissed off? Why can´t the MC just explain that before his sister is free and they are allowed to leave he will never trust them?
That would be something he would have said if there would be any choice, this just seems forced and only shows that the (enter racename) will be large part of the story going forward.
Even plucky rebels like Han Solo and Leia know when to surrender to overwhelming enemy forces. When you choke the shit out of the woman who wounded Kit they don't stop you, they respect your anger. But not knowing why his Sister is where she is and who she is to them means the smart play is to gather info and plan.

In the mind wipe prison he did not launch into full fight mode immediately but waited, planned, then executed the escape. This makes the recent choices seem
A. Not forced
B. Not out of place

To me

narcizze

May 6, 2017
Even plucky rebels like Han Solo and Leia know when to surrender to overwhelming enemy forces. When you choke the shit out of the woman who wounded Kit they don't stop you, they respect your anger. But not knowing why his Sister is where she is and who she is to them means the smart play is to gather info and plan.

In the mind wipe prison he did not launch into full fight mode immediately but waited, planned, then executed the escape. This makes the recent choices seem
A. Not forced
B. Not out of place

To me
In the mind wipe scenarios he has no memory of who he is, he has no recollection of anything more than his name.

A: Not really in his own senses
B: But I can give you they accept his anger because of the strangling.

Still feels forced imo. :unsure:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

Well, the MC and crew are in a hidden planet surrounded by a race of female saiyans and his sister seems to be more than fine.
No reason to start shit when we're learning what the hell is really happening in this corner of the space.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
That picture is actually from Netherlands.
There was an article linked in the Vinland thread that discussed how the red hair in Ireland and Scotland can be traced to Viking settlements.
Yay! LOL, that was a surprisingly delightful scene. I am so happy I didn't let Thim (IIRC) go in there instead.
That was definitely a win-win. Show leadership by walking into certain danger and be treated so very well.

EDIT: Oops! I suddenly realized I was reading posts from last August. Oops!

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFriendly

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
So, once again, caught up with the Dev on this one.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thank you for this game thus far, and though I am not sure when Chapter 9 comes out, I'll be looking forward for it then.

Reactions: Perverteer

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
no game isnt near ending unless plans changed, it's around halfway.

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
LightmanP if you provide with a discord server, or anything to reach YOU it will be helpful. And thank you ao much for taking over Oscar6's project. Also if you look into This Game I will be very grateful, and I think so will be many other gamers, So please consider it please:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
LightmanP if you provide with a discord server, or anything to reach YOU it will be helpful. And thank you ao much for taking over Oscar6's project. Also if you look into This Game I will be very grateful, and I think so will be many other gamers, So please consider it please:cry::cry::cry::cry:
Hey, you're welcome, you can always PM me here. I will consider updating it when the next update is out if the mod isn't updated by Oscar by then.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Belzeebub$
Aug 9, 2018
I have a couple of random stupid questions if you'll indulge me:

1. Should I be trying to bang everything that moves or be generally faithful to the main LIs? I'm not terribly interested in Celine, but a big problem with Sisterly Lust was that if you arent fucking a character they basically don't exist, wondering if it's similar here.

2. Do choices matter at all? I skimmed the guide and didn't see any variable tracking so can I just play however I want and then just say Yes or No to the sex?

4.40 star(s) 134 Votes