Richy_

Mar 2, 2018
edit: solved thanks to Perverteer. If you find this issue with the search bar the solution is right under it. Game won't start. I've tried a lot of suggested solutions from this thread. Made sure all old versions of the game and save files were deleted. I unzipped it in a shorter filepath. Still the game won't start. Any suggestions welcome.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
ive played this game in the past, but ever since a few versions ago i get an error that doesnt even open the game can someone help

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 80, in _init_language
renpy.change_language(language)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 152, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Preferences' object has no attribute 'say_screen_visibility'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 652, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 78, in run
renpy.translation.init_translation()
File "renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 561, in init_translation
renpy.store._init_language() # @UndefinedVariable
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 80, in _init_language
renpy.change_language(language)
File "renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 645, in change_language
new_change_language(tl, language)
File "renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 607, in new_change_language
i.apply()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2675, in apply
value = renpy.python.py_eval(expr)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 152, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Preferences' object has no attribute 'say_screen_visibility'
Please create a file called patch.rpy in the game directory with the following and try to run the game:
Python:
init -999 python:
  preferences.say_screen_visibility = 100
If the game runs, you can delete the patch file again.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I think they mean you showed up in their notifications posting on a bunch of different threads.
that's very possible, i follow like 100+ threads. gotta post occasionally so i stay "subscribed" on threads.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
When you watch a thread, you watch it indefinitely, unless you explicitely unsubscribe. I sometimes get notifications from a thread I haven't visited in ages.
well sometimes i don't get notifications on threads i watch when there's new posts and/or new version until i revisit it and i too get notifications on games i finished years/months ago and haven't posted those since then.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
well sometimes i don't get notifications on threads i watch when there's new posts and/or new version until i revisit it and i too get notifications on games i finished years/months ago and haven't posted those since then.
It seems like if a thread moves to the next page between visits then you don't get the notification which effects fast moving threads like BaD or Milfy City. Slow threads aren't affected in this way hence you may get a notification for a thread you haven't looked at in months or even years.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
It seems like if a thread moves to the next page between visits then you don't get the notification which effects fast moving threads like BaD or Milfy City. Slow threads aren't affected in this way hence you may get a notification for a thread you haven't looked at in months or even years.
My best guess is, it depends on your watched Threads List:
watched_threads.jpg
Every notification get onto that page, when you constantly clear it, you get all the notifications, but if you do not clear that site, your notification bell will show less and less alarms, bc the threads already on that list and update not very often.

Happy new year, to all of you guys. Stay well and safe!

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
My best guess is, it depends on your watched Threads List:
View attachment 1573345
Every notification get onto that page, when you constantly clear it, you get all the notifications, but if you do not clear that site, your notification bell will show less and less alarms, bc the threads already on that list and update not very often.

Happy new year, to all of you guys. Stay well and safe!
Never been on that page

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yeah, don't know that page either, I just use the "bell menu". It is true however that sometimes notifications seem to be missing, however I am still subscribed to the thread and will get one with the next post or so.

Reactions: Laziness
4.40 star(s) 134 Votes