icecandy

Dec 5, 2020
The world building in this is just a spectacular to behold. This is literally star wars in AVN style. The story is just as amazing as well. LIs are pretty likeable with their own unique personalities. This game and perverteer deserve more attention than any others out the

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
I wish we had an in-game mechanic to make them both transition to 100% female so that the whole crew can be part of the harem for straight players (assuming we can maroon amicably separate from Thim and Kit at some point).
I dont really see this happening.
First - Ziv is a member of an alien race that all are born hermaphroditic, so her "transitioning" fully to female is 100% not in the cards (unless it gets cut off or something, but I don't see this VN going in the direction of having characters have to grapple with losing a part of them that made them unique).

Second - Raene's characterization up to this point seems to be heading in the direction of not having the bottom surgery, there might be some option down the line, but I highly doubt it.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
(unless it gets cut off or something, but I don't see this VN going in the direction of having characters have to grapple with losing a part of them that made them unique)
I mean, if there’s one VN that I could see going into heavier themes like that, it’s definitely Tales from the Unending Void.

As for Raene, maybe this is just me misunderstanding (because I admittedly don’t understand the trans perspective very well), but wouldn’t she want to get gender reassignment surgery? Isn’t the whole issue behind being trans that she wishes she had been born into a body of the opposite sex? If so, surely she must want to take steps to “correct” this, given the option. If it were possible for trans people to just learn to accept their bodies as they are (as seems to be the direction this game is going with Raene), then “being trans” wouldn’t really mean anything, would it?

• Angry
Reactions: S1nsational

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
I dont really see this happening.
First - Ziv is a member of an alien race that all are born hermaphroditic, so her "transitioning" fully to female is 100% not in the cards (unless it gets cut off or something, but I don't see this VN going in the direction of having characters have to grapple with losing a part of them that made them unique).

Second - Raene's characterization up to this point seems to be heading in the direction of not having the bottom surgery, there might be some option down the line, but I highly doubt it.
IMO it wouldn't take much for Ziv to transition alongside Raene for morale support. I think the dynamic of a fully female member of her race would actually be more interesting than just another homogeneous member of her society.

Surely they'd have the technology in this sci-fi setting to make it 100% realistic and functional too ...

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
As for Raene, maybe this is just me misunderstanding (because I admittedly don’t understand the trans perspective very well), but wouldn’t she want to get gender reassignment surgery? Isn’t the whole issue behind being trans that she wishes she had been born into a body of the opposite sex? If so, surely she must want to take steps to “correct” this, given the option. If it were possible for trans people to just learn to accept their bodies as they are (as seems to be the direction this game is going with Raene), then “being trans” wouldn’t really mean anything, would it?
You aren't wrong with this point, the only issue is that this game is definitely not taking the 100% realistic approach with this kind of thing, not to mention there are more than a few trans people IRL whom have the resources for the surgery but choose not to get it. I will admit I don't understand the trans perspective too much myself, but from my understanding for some it isn't really about becoming the opposite sex, as it is just being in a body that doesn't make them feel uncomfortable when looking in the mirror.

IMO it wouldn't take much for Ziv to transition alongside Raene for morale support. I think the dynamic of a fully female member of her race would actually be more interesting than just another homogeneous member of her society.

Surely they'd have the technology in this sci-fi setting to make it 100% realistic and functional too ...
They most likely do have the surgery to make it functional and realistic, the issue stems from this being an innate part of Ziv that she hasn't given any indication that she would be willing to remove it. As far she is concerned, she already is not just another homogenous member of her race, her race of aliens is very bureaucratic in terms of love/mating, and she is definitely not like that.
Also, I think it is important to remember that Ziv is proud of - although not fully agreeing with - her race and how they do things. So for her to transition fully to female would be cutting off her most tangible connection to said race (aside from the purple skin, but if I had to bargain I would assume there are other alien races that have purple skin).

Her transitioning fully to female in solidarity with Raene would not work, first and foremost Ziv has no insecurities about her being hermaphroditic, from what I saw she fully accepts the way she is and has no issues with that part of her.
Second, Raene needing someone to transition alongside her doesn't seem to be the way the game is going, like I said before, the final characterization for Raene seems to be a pre-operation trans-woman accepting who she is, but even assuming that her final arc is her transition, it wouldn't make sense for her to gain all this confidence, learn to accept who she is more, and then turn around and need someone to do the operation with her. Her arc right now is heavily leaning on self confidence, it would butcher the character, and the progress made with the MC, for her to not have confidence going into something like that.

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
You aren't wrong with this point, the only issue is that this game is definitely not taking the 100% realistic approach with this kind of thing, not to mention there are more than a few trans people IRL whom have the resources for the surgery but choose not to get it. I will admit I don't understand the trans perspective too much myself, but from my understanding for some it isn't really about becoming the opposite sex, as it is just being in a body that doesn't make them feel uncomfortable when looking in the mirror.
There's also always the chance that the surgery doesn't turn out quite right and nerve damage prevents orgasm after, which would suck. And some people just aren't comfortable getting surgery in general.

4.40 star(s) 134 Votes